Resistance 2 - Out Now - Get your co-op on!

[quote name='whoknows']I noticed the graphics weren't all that either.

I'm just assuming that they had to tone them down for the multiplayer to keep it lag free. I hope that's the case and the single player looks great.[/quote]

Yea, I saw some single player pics and some footage on IGN and it looks light years ahead of the multiplayer. I guess that is the sacrifice that must be made when the player limit is that high, huh?

[quote name='gokou36']Umm, did he go back and edit that shit or something? This is what I read. ***That's the main disappointment, if any, behind Resistance 2. It's a clear "we're improving upon our predecessor" type of title, and it succeeds on that front. If you're really picky, you can quibble about certain aspects -- not as many cool visual effects as you'd hope for in a modern shooter (depth-of-field, motion blur, etc.) or occasional slowdown (mostly when respawning after an active firefight),***

I read this somewhere else, sounds about damn right too.[/quote]
I didn't notice any of that when I first read the review a few days ago, but I checked the 1up forums and they have an early copy of it. The first two things about weapons and the motion blur thing are typos and things that should've been caught by the copy editor, which aren't really anything to whine about. Everybody makes honest mistakes, even reviewers.

The 60-player matches could be explained by a number of things (early review before the servers were up for the beta, could have went down to Sony to play the game, etc) that means he wasn't playing it the other day before writing this since they probably wanted to get it in the magazine for a timely review. How

The co-op thing is just plain stupid to criticize and a personal preference since he saw that Hale's always with teammates and that they could've possibly included co-op within the campaign like they did in R1. Scooter even shows his love for the main co-op mode, but that's quite different than just having another player tagging along in the campaign like most other co-op modes in games these days. Insomniac mentioned on the podcast why that wasn't going to happen since the focus on making a second player work within the campaign mode would've forced them to make compromises on the plans they had for the other modes, so they decided to move on and do what's best for the game as a whole.

This guy seems like an extreme fanboy that goes through reviews point-by-point to try to discredit reviews and act like any small mistakes is reason enough to have the guy's head chopped off. He seems like he's of the same kinds of fanboys that look through reviews for negative sentences and attribute all of the rating points that are keeping it from being perfect to just those sentences. I'd avoid listening to that nutjob and just read the reviews like their from actual people and not robots.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I didn't notice any of that when I first read the review a few days ago, but I checked the 1up forums and they have an early copy of it. The first two things about weapons and the motion blur thing are typos and things that should've been caught by the copy editor, which aren't really anything to whine about. Everybody makes honest mistakes, even reviewers.

The 60-player matches could be explained by a number of things (early review before the servers were up for the beta, could have went down to Sony to play the game, etc) that means he wasn't playing it the other day before writing this since they probably wanted to get it in the magazine for a timely review. How

The co-op thing is just plain stupid to criticize and a personal preference since he saw that Hale's always with teammates and that they could've possibly included co-op within the campaign like they did in R1. Scooter even shows his love for the main co-op mode, but that's quite different than just having another player tagging along in the campaign like most other co-op modes in games these days. Insomniac mentioned on the podcast why that wasn't going to happen since the focus on making a second player work within the campaign mode would've forced them to make compromises on the plans they had for the other modes, so they decided to move on and do what's best for the game as a whole.

This guy seems like an extreme fanboy that goes through reviews point-by-point to try to discredit reviews and act like any small mistakes is reason enough to have the guy's head chopped off. He seems like he's of the same kinds of fanboys that look through reviews for negative sentences and attribute all of the rating points that are keeping it from being perfect to just those sentences. I'd avoid listening to that nutjob and just read the reviews like their from actual people and not robots.[/QUOTE]

Umm no, he has every right to criticize this dude's review. A well known site shouldn't make that mistake with a 1 page article. I guess he did edit his post after people corrected him. And how could he not have played 60 player matches? If you're going to defend him for that, maybe he should've went to play it before putting the review up. Faulting a game for single player mode when there is co-op mode is utterly retarded.

DefinedByClass13, where did you get your copy from? I wish my place would sell the game early.

[quote name='gokou36']Umm no, he has every right to criticize this dude's review. A well known site shouldn't make that mistake with a 1 page article. I guess he did edit his post after people corrected him. And how could he not have played 60 player matches? If you're going to defend him for that, maybe he should've went to play it before putting the review up. Faulting a game for single player mode when there is co-op mode is utterly retarded.

DefinedByClass13, where did you get your copy from? I wish my place would sell the game early.[/quote]
I never said he doesn't have a right to criticize the review, just that his criticisms are stupid and fanboyish. I do now have to ask you for a link to where this guy's criticizing the review so I can get a feel for what he's thinking rather than rather than rely on quotes from you, no offense. I have the right to call him an idiot as much as he has a right to criticize the review. I get the thing about not making mistakes, but I can understand typos and small stuff like that since we're all humans and I see it enough to not make me get angry. At least he can, and did, fix the sloppy mistakes so people can get past that stuff and read the whole review.

Just from reading the review and him saying he didn't get the chance to try out the 60 player multiplayer tells me that he's not basing any of this on the recent beta, but something from way before that. Because this is 1up, it's very likely that this review is based off of review code from a month or more ago when EGM usually gets their content in for the appropriate issue, meaning that multiplayer servers could have been limited to how many people they had visited whatever event he may have been to, leaving him with only access to whoever was on hand at the time. That doesn't mean that he wasn't in a 60-player match, but just didn't see a full game. I don't see any proof to support this guy's claims that he obviously only played five minutes.

He's not faulting the game for its single-player mode, just stating that he thought that there should be an additional mode to let people play through the single-player campaign with a friend since Hale's always with his Sentinel squad in the game.

I'm still wondering why this guy is a douche though for a B+ review of R2 and why you still haven't really presented your own opinions, just repeating this unknown internet guy's opinions and insulting Scooter.

It's just one review that'll be surrounded by dozens soon enough, so I can't say a B+ hurts my anticipation at all. I just went to GameStop and paid off my preorder for this and Mirror's Edge, so I'll be picking up in a few days to enjoy the game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I never said he doesn't have a right to criticize the review, just that his criticisms are stupid and fanboyish. I do now have to ask you for a link to where this guy's criticizing the review so I can get a feel for what he's thinking rather than rather than rely on quotes from you, no offense. I have the right to call him an idiot as much as he has a right to criticize the review. I get the thing about not making mistakes, but I can understand typos and small stuff like that since we're all humans and I see it enough to not make me get angry. At least he can, and did, fix the sloppy mistakes so people can get past that stuff and read the whole review.

Just from reading the review and him saying he didn't get the chance to try out the 60 player multiplayer tells me that he's not basing any of this on the recent beta, but something from way before that. Because this is 1up, it's very likely that this review is based off of review code from a month or more ago when EGM usually gets their content in for the appropriate issue, meaning that multiplayer servers could have been limited to how many people they had visited whatever event he may have been to, leaving him with only access to whoever was on hand at the time. That doesn't mean that he wasn't in a 60-player match, but just didn't see a full game. I don't see any proof to support this guy's claims that he obviously only played five minutes.

He's not faulting the game for its single-player mode, just stating that he thought that there should be an additional mode to let people play through the single-player campaign with a friend since Hale's always with his Sentinel squad in the game.

I'm still wondering why this guy is a douche though for a B+ review of R2 and why you still haven't really presented your own opinions, just repeating this unknown internet guy's opinions and insulting Scooter.

It's just one review that'll be surrounded by dozens soon enough, so I can't say a B+ hurts my anticipation at all. I just went to GameStop and paid off my preorder for this and Mirror's Edge, so I'll be picking up in a few days to enjoy the game.[/QUOTE]

Yet you criticize me for not reading the review? Maybe you should take your own advice and read the review more carefully next time and not even noticing the edit by him. Don't worry about my opinion on the game, it does not matter. As it stands, this guy is still a douche and people called him out on the review. By any chance you are related to him?

[quote name='gokou36']Yet you criticize me for not reading the review? Maybe you should take your own advice and read the review more carefully next time and not even noticing the edit by him. Don't worry about my opinion on the game, it does not matter. As it stands, this guy is still a douche and people called him out on the review. By any chance you are related to him?[/quote]
You continue to dodge simple questions and just insult the guy for no reason other than what this mysterious stranger said about the review.

Why am I at fault for not knowing that this review was edited since it's not mentioned at all on that page? I'm not going to scour the internet to see if anyone's managed to quote a version of the review that is no longer there. You never even read the review in its current form, just copying and pasting the words of a third party as the truth until I pointed out the fallacies in your arguments of what was contained in the review.

No, I'm not related to Scooter. I'm just the only one here that's being reasonable and not getting all up in arms over just one review.

in the state the review stands now, id have expected a slightly higher score.
he says the game is possibly the premier game on the console.

regardless what theyve done with the co-op is fantastic and really needs more press.

i too would have liked a simple 2nd slot for a player in the campaign but its not that big a deal.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You continue to dodge simple questions and just insult the guy for no reason other than what this mysterious stranger said about the review.

Why am I at fault for not knowing that this review was edited since it's not mentioned at all on that page? I'm not going to scour the internet to see if anyone's managed to quote a version of the review that is no longer there. You never even read the review in its current form, just copying and pasting the words of a third party as the truth until I pointed out the fallacies in your arguments of what was contained in the review.

No, I'm not related to Scooter. I'm just the only one here that's being reasonable and not getting all up in arms over just one review.[/QUOTE]

Then don't try to correct what I said by quoting his edit. Makes you look stupid. Care to explain why he got the weapon name wrong Mr. Genius?

[quote name='gokou36']Then don't try to correct what I said by quoting his edit. Makes you look stupid. Care to explain why he got the weapon name wrong Mr. Genius?[/quote]
What? Where was I quoting his edit? I quoted the review you quoted and claimed he said one thing, which I corrected, then you claimed it was edited at one point, so I did some research and found that to be the case. You still made questionable statements of the contents of that review without first reading it, leading to your assumptions and claims being wrong because you regurgitated this mysterious stranger's words. How am I the one that looks stupid?

It's a mistake. Is it really that hard to understand?

:twoguns:

The Resistance is launching in less than a week, can't wait!

I won't be able to pick it up Day 1 since I gotta budget for a little while til' I'm settled into a new job, so I won't be able to kick up a clan pronto; If there is a way to create one and then pass the leadership over, I don't mind someone else starting it early if y'all get impatient over thurr.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What? Where was I quoting his edit? I quoted the review you quoted and claimed he said one thing, which I corrected, then you claimed it was edited at one point, so I did some research and found that to be the case. You still made questionable statements of the contents of that review without first reading it, leading to your assumptions and claims being wrong because you regurgitated this mysterious stranger's words. How am I the one that looks stupid?

It's a mistake. Is it really that hard to understand?[/QUOTE]

Because you criticized me for not reading the article and then you proceeded to call the other people fanboys when in fact you either didn't read it carefully or didn't read the article when it was first posted. So yeah it makes you stupid. I'll take the mysterious stranger's word over someone who had to edit their article any day of the week. It shows their lack of the review or their playtime of the game.

Damn. All this for a review? Oh wait, this is the internetzzz; the magical place where things get blown totally out of proportion.

As for the clan, I'm sure Mana or one of the other prominent PS3 CAGs can get it started. I don't mind waiting for you to pick up the game and start it either Shini.

Collector's Edition unboxing.

109939-recollectorsheader.jpg

LAUNCH Sony GALLERY (12 IMAGES)
The FedEx Fairy doesn't usually come for me on the weekends, but because I was out of town yesterday (and I made a stink about it), they returned today with the goodies I missed. Among them was the sexy Resistance 2: Collector's Edition boxed set that comes out on November 5 for $79.99.
Even though I won't have time to crack the game open immediately (something about the edge of a mirror I need to review first), I couldn't help but tear into the box. I'm a child, what can I say?
Hit the jump to get a glimpse of what's inside, as I'll help you try to determine whether or not you'll want to skip lunch for two days to shell out the extra cash.

The box itself is huge, even bigger than the massive (and disappointing) Assassin's Creed Collector's Edition that doesn't fit anywhere in my collection. The difference here is that the Resistance 2: Collector's Edition box is cardboard (versus the traditional tin), so once you open it up and empty it of its contents, you won't feel too bad tossing it.
resistance2%20023-468x.jpg

The first thing you'll notice is the 5 1/2" Chimera Hybrid action figure, complete with a Bullseye weapon. He's trapped in a box, and whether or not you'll want to break him out will depend on our dedication to collecting things. Me, I like to play with my toys.
I'm no toy fanatic (I'll leave that to the folks at Tomopop), so I won't even attempt to talk about what material the figure is made out of, the paint quality, or how many points of articulation it has (although I believe it's five). But on a very basic level, the figure doesn't look like a lot of the other cheap crap figures you might get in a collector's edition (again, I'm looking at you, Assassin's Creed). There's some nice detail in the face and on his back, and the Bullseye fits nicely in its hands. There's an included display stand, so you should have no problem placing him somewhere to impress the ladies (and fellas).
resistance2%20015-468x.jpg

The package also comes with a bonus Blu-ray disc, and I was surprised to find that it wasn't included in the actual game box. Instead, the disc comes in a cheap cardboard sleeve, the same kind GameStop hands out physical demo discs in. Because I haven't popped in the disc in yet, I can't say much about the quality of the contents, but it includes: a behind-the-scenes video, "America Forever Lost"; Shattered History: The Resistance timeline video; a sneak peek at the upcoming Resistance novel; and a sneak peek at the upcoming comic book series.
The disc also promises an exclusive in-game HVAP Wraith multiplayer skin "and more," but the collector's edition box also came with a slip of paper containing a promotion code for the HVAP.
resistance2%20003-468x.jpg

Finally, there's the double-sided hardbound Resistance art book. Opening the book from one side reveals "The Art of Resistance," with Chimera-specific concept art from the game's production. Reading it from the other side you'll find "Altered America," art that depicts the war-torn American cities that you'll encounter in Resistance 2. It's a nice book that displays some beautiful art from the creative folks at Insomniac, but it's a bit on the thin side, and is a weird size that certainly won't fit nicely alongside other books on your shelves.
resistance2%20005-468x.jpg

Oh, and I guess there's a game inside here somewhere. I should get around to playing that ... I hear it's pretty good or something (expect a review later this week).
At $79.99, the Collector's Edition will run you $20 more than the standard edition that ships with the game alone. For many fans, the big draw is going to be the action figure -- which is admittedly pretty damn sweet -- but whether that's worth the extra cash is really your choice.
I called around to a few GameStops, and as of today they're still taking pre-orders on the Resistance 2: Collector's Edition. You know the drill with this stuff -- limited allocations -- once they're gone, they're gone, etc. So if you're considering it, you still have some time to get in your order before Resistance 2's November 5 release.

I thought we all agreed to NOT to worry about what reviewers think. We either gonna enjoy the game, or not enjoy the game, the score that it receives is not a direct correlation to the level of enjoyment that you may or may not have should you play the game yourself. Overall, everyone's whose played the demo had good things to say about it. An 8.5 is a good score. That's why I like Metacritic, because you see what people didn't like, and what people did like, and its not just relying on imput from one reviewer, you can see what reviewers consistented did and didn't like about the game; thus you get a better idea about how good (or bad) the game really is.

I think we all would like for this game to get Halo 3 respect, [perfect scores] however the only way to get everyone giving your game 100, is for the game to sell as well as Halo 3, and it has to impress the reviewers.

I know I'm still getting the CE but that art book is too frickin thin. BTW, Best Buy also has the CE pre-orders as well. So you don't have to get it at EB/GS if you don't want to.

I already have the CE fully paid for, but it isn't really meeting up to my expectations. First off, the EB, GS picture (a la where I did the preorder) was inaccurate. If you look at the product picture on their site now, the picture shows a sturdy case and a separate bullseye replica, alongside the chimera action figure. However, some things, based on what I thought at the time, turned out to be worse than I expected. A few problems are:

The packaging is easily throw-awayable
The Blu-Ray doesn't get an appropriate case
The figure isn't very big
The Bullseye replica is nowhere to be found
The Art Book isn't big enough

Now, don't get me wrong, this is still a great deal for 80 dollars, but there are so many little things that could have made the package more enjoyable if done right. Granted, these can all be overlooked mostly, but it isn't stopping me from being bugged by it. Although, I suppose I can make a few changes to make it better, such as finding a nice place near my ps3 for the figure, making a custom case for the BD, and maybe inserting a little cardboard into the box to make it more sturdy. Ah well, I guess we shall see Tuesday when it comes out.

CE's will never be good enough for everyone. Why don't people just buy the game-only version instead and worry about just that, the game. That is what is most important anyway.

Anyone see the Resistance 2 commercial during the Giants game? It was a bit weird... it was trying to have that feeling of despair and deeper meaning, but just came off as a cheap knock off of a good commercial.

[quote name='help1']Anyone see the Resistance 2 commercial during the Giants game? It was a bit weird... it was trying to have that feeling of despair and deeper meaning, but just came off as a cheap knock off of a good commercial.[/quote]

This one???

WOW, just simply wow. This game is f'ing great. I don't know how far I am into it, but damn this game is really good. Sucks that I have to stop here and return it to work for an upcoming inventory count.

*edit* I actually just beat the game as soon as I finished typing that ^^ up. I was in the middle of a cutscene, and now the credits are rolling.

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']WOW, just simply wow. This game is f'ing great. I don't know how far I am into it, but damn this game is really good. Sucks that I have to stop here and return it to work for an upcoming inventory count.

*edit* I actually just beat the game as soon as I finished typing that ^^ up. I was in the middle of a cutscene, and now the credits are rolling.[/quote]

Around how many hours was it?

[quote name='NamPaehc']This one??[/QUOTE]

The best parts of the commercial was the gameplay. They should have just stuck with that.

The half second of Leviathans hand reaching around the building was awesome though. Can't wait!

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']WOW, just simply wow. This game is f'ing great. I don't know how far I am into it, but damn this game is really good. Sucks that I have to stop here and return it to work for an upcoming inventory count.

*edit* I actually just beat the game as soon as I finished typing that ^^ up. I was in the middle of a cutscene, and now the credits are rolling.[/QUOTE]

Huh, you work for GS/EB?

i am thoroughly enjoying the beta for this, it is sooooo much fun. the 8 man co op is a blast BUT I can see it sucking with enough 'kiddies' playing IE people with the mentality of 'im gonna fucking shoot everything fuckign thing by myself, fuck teamwork' case in point, most medics try to be straight up soldiers...and fail miserably over and over and over again. Anyone else notice this?

Dont get me wrong I love it and will absolutely be picking this up.

There are certainly a few aggravating player types. My favorite are the REALLY needy ones that think support classes can't see the giant orange icon over their heads. No, jimbob1995, standing in front of me while I try to recharge my Phoenix does NOT make things go faster. Likewise, shouting for "Ammo!" over the mic every time you're one bullet below maximum capacity soon becomes spam. Again, you have a GIANT ORANGE AMMO INDICATOR over your head.

A few days ago I played with, perhaps, the most unselfish group of people yet. I was a spec op, with a medic and soldier filling up the ranks. We absolutely cleaned up and not a word was uttered over the mic. Not once did any of us run off on our own. Whenever we ran across a difficult enemy, the soldier would pop his shield, I'd supply a constant ammo stream (to keep the shield up) and the medic would stand by to heal us. By the end of the match, we each had 30,000+ experience points.

I'm thinking smaller, more focused groups will be the way to go in coop.

[quote name='OatmealMu']There are certainly a few aggravating player types. My favorite are the REALLY needy ones that think support classes can't see the giant orange icon over their heads. No, jimbob1995, standing in front of me while I try to recharge my Phoenix does NOT make things go faster. Likewise, shouting for "Ammo!" over the mic every time you're one bullet below maximum capacity soon becomes spam. Again, you have a GIANT ORANGE AMMO INDICATOR over your head.

A few days ago I played with, perhaps, the most unselfish group of people yet. I was a spec op, with a medic and soldier filling up the ranks. We absolutely cleaned up and not a word was uttered over the mic. Not once did any of us run off on our own. Whenever we ran across a difficult enemy, the soldier would pop his shield, I'd supply a constant ammo stream (to keep the shield up) and the medic would stand by to heal us. By the end of the match, we each had 30,000+ experience points.

I'm thinking smaller, more focused groups will be the way to go in coop.[/quote]

It is a lot easier in a smaller group yeah, but if you can coordinate a larger one it can be a blast. I really loved that chaotic scene compared to the smaller group which felt more refined/surgical. There as to be a way to translate that into the full team, like breaking up into squads built of certain classes and what not.

If you check around, you can see there are different strategies and diagrams already being worked on online. I can't wait to see what kind of tactics are used with the full release- TOMORROW! :lol:

[quote name='OatmealMu']There are certainly a few aggravating player types. My favorite are the REALLY needy ones that think support classes can't see the giant orange icon over their heads. No, jimbob1995, standing in front of me while I try to recharge my Phoenix does NOT make things go faster. Likewise, shouting for "Ammo!" over the mic every time you're one bullet below maximum capacity soon becomes spam. Again, you have a GIANT ORANGE AMMO INDICATOR over your head.

I'm thinking smaller, more focused groups will be the way to go in coop.[/quote]

I have to agree with this but I was lucky enough to join an 8 person co-op that didn't say anything over the mic except for the occasional cuss word. But overall, we all played as a team. Even when we would break off and do our own thing, we still worked as a team. I was a spec op and I usually bring up the rear and snipe and once the soldiers figured that out, they would run back to my area and I would supply them with ammo. The medics were equally as cooperative.

But I have to agree, the people just screaming ammo and health every 30 seconds just get on my nerves. I would purposely stay away from them and watch them die if I felt they were just going to play for self and run and gun.

Any online multiplayer will suffer from the kiddies these days :/

It comes with the territory, and that's why we create a clan ;)

[quote name='Thomas96']

I think we all would like for this game to get Halo 3 respect, [perfect scores] however the only way to get everyone giving your game 100, is for the game to sell as well as Halo 3, and it has to impress the reviewers.[/quote]

Resistance 1 destroyed Halo 3 in every way. The online was so much better in Resistance than Halo 3. R2 is going to wipe the floor with it. I think it's going to be better than Gears 2 as well. R2 deserves to sell well. PS3 needs a huge game right now in a big way.

So are Gamestops having this game on Tuesday, or is it that typical crap where the game comes in on Wednesday?

R2 deserves to sell well.
I am sure Resistance 2 will do very good numbers. Gears of War 2 though will do enormous numbers. I will be playing both.
I called to check to see if they were having a midnight launch tonight, but they said they will be selling it tomorrow when they open in the morning.
My EBGames implied that they had far to few pre-orders to open at midnight although they will be open at midnight for Gears of War 2.

Resistance 2 went gold a few weeks a go so every store should already have their copies. The store I deal with received their copies Friday but would not sell me a copy early (had to try!).

If games are street dated, they arrive early to all GS/EB stores. If they are not, they are shipped to the stores on the day of release, to be sold the next day.

[quote name='Blackout']Resistance 1 destroyed Halo 3 in every way. The online was so much better in Resistance than Halo 3. R2 is going to wipe the floor with it. I think it's going to be better than Gears 2 as well. R2 deserves to sell well. PS3 needs a huge game right now in a big way.
[/quote]

Are you crazy? Halo 3 (at release) owns this beta any day.

My game is bigger than your game.

:p

Admittedly, R2 looks like it'll easily top Halo 1-3's storyline in just one go. R1, though, suffered from the same problem that Halo 1's (and GoW's) story suffered. For as much as I like the Halo gameplay, their story is crap. R2 gets to about even for gameplay but the story is key.

[quote name='Blackout']Resistance 1 destroyed Halo 3 in every way. The online was so much better in Resistance than Halo 3. R2 is going to wipe the floor with it. I think it's going to be better than Gears 2 as well. R2 deserves to sell well. PS3 needs a huge game right now in a big way.

So are Gamestops having this game on Tuesday, or is it that typical crap where the game comes in on Wednesday?[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to play the online portion of this game, after playing Team Fortress, I was hooked, however, there wasn't that many people to play with, but after playing some games in the beta, I enjoyed the team aspects; and different classes, I was a medic. YOU may feel that R1 destroyed Halo 3, hell so do I, however that R2 blows Halo 3 out of the water (truth) effect probably won't be echoed by reviewers and other gamers. MS can take Halo 3.. and make it seem like it was God's Gift to gaming. Gears, MS makes it look like God's Gift to gaming; Sony on the other hand makes this game look like just another ordinary release, the commercials ARE GOOD, however they don't really create any HYPE. Its like Sony commercials for their games are like polite reminders that they have another game available. If you're not going to hype Resistance, then by all means hype Killzone 2.

[quote name='help1']Are you crazy? Halo 3 (at release) owns this beta any day.[/quote]

I guess I'm crazy then. Halo 3 was boring as fuck. Online was super weak. Story was super weak. That game was just a cash grab. This is just my opinion. It has nothing to do with any fanboy stuff or any of that junk. I think Halo 3 was a huge letdown, and I'm not even a huge FPS guy. I picked it up used for around $30 and I wish I would have waited for it to be even cheaper.I don't care what the reviewers say. To me Resistance 1 always gets shit on and never gets is dues. Yeah the story was kinda iffy, but the online gaming was my favorite on the PS3, and this gen in general. To each his own.

[quote name='Blackout'] I think Halo 3 was a huge letdown, and I'm not even a huge FPS guy. [/quote]Not a huge fps guy? Maybe that's why you didn't like it.

I think Halo 3 is awesome and Resistance 2 looks really good. IMO Resistance 1 was shit.

[quote name='silent h3ro']Not a huge fps guy? Maybe that's why you didn't like it.

I think Halo 3 is awesome and Resistance 2 looks really good. IMO Resistance 1 was shit.[/quote]

I didn't like Halo 3 because it was boring. I liked Halo 1 and 2. I really enjoyed Halo 1. 3 sucked balls. I've played a lot of FPS games but I wouldn't consider it my favorite genre or the genre I play the most.

Im actually with Blackout on this. Halo 3 was just riding the fanbase off the first two, with supposed focus on multiplayer (which was nothing special compared to the earlier installments).

Resistance 1 had plenty of flaws, but it was a very good game with a more-than-admirable multiplayer.... but lacked the major fanbase. I'd even go so far as to call it more of a sleeper favorite... especially when you consider that ridiculous fanbase that Warhawk spawned (which, to me, is a dreadful game). It was mostly limited because it came out to a very limited initial market... not the more expansive market available today.

Resistance 2? I will wait to pass judgment until I've played more than the beta... but my instincts is that I will enjoy it 100x more than Halo 3... especially the multiplayer.

[quote name='Blackout']I guess I'm crazy then. Halo 3 was boring as fuck. Online was super weak. Story was super weak. That game was just a cash grab. This is just my opinion. It has nothing to do with any fanboy stuff or any of that junk. I think Halo 3 was a huge letdown, and I'm not even a huge FPS guy. I picked it up used for around $30 and I wish I would have waited for it to be even cheaper.I don't care what the reviewers say. To me Resistance 1 always gets shit on and never gets is dues. Yeah the story was kinda iffy, but the online gaming was my favorite on the PS3, and this gen in general. To each his own.[/QUOTE]The first Resistance owns and doesn't get enough praise. I'm too excited for R2. :D

[quote name='Vanigan']My game is bigger than your game.

:p

Admittedly, R2 looks like it'll easily top Halo 1-3's storyline in just one go. R1, though, suffered from the same problem that Halo 1's (and GoW's) story suffered. For as much as I like the Halo gameplay, their story is crap. R2 gets to about even for gameplay but the story is key.[/QUOTE]

Halo's story was awesome, especially Halo 2 getting into the religious fanaticism of the Covenant Prophets.

...that is, until they were all like
"Humans are the Forerunner, LAWL" and thew his stupid ass back into cryosleep to drift for god knows how long. How cliched and depressing is that?

I'm bitter. Can you tell?

bread's done
Back