Resolving a dispute? Advice needed.

Diiz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I recently opened a dispute for an auction I had running for a Gameboy Player. The auction ended on December 1st, and I heard nothing from the buyer despite sending multiple invoices and messages. On December 9th, I filed a NPB dispute. Today, I received a reply from the buyer:

Had some MAJOR ISSUES with my bank...so I opened a new acct today, the money will be in the system
tomorrow and I will DEF have it pd by PAYPAL by the end of the week, is that ok? I'm SOOOOOOO SORRY!!!!
Lemme know if this acceptable

I have no problem with this, but I do not wish to close the dispute until I have the funds in my account. It seems that I can submit a response without closing the dispute, but since this is my first time filing one I want to make sure I don't make a slip-up. I think I remembered hearing that the dispute remains open for 7 days, but what if I haven't received payment by then? The buyer has 17 feedback with a 100% rating, so I am fairly confident that this will resolve the issue. Thanks for any advice.

Do NOT close the dispute until the buyer pays...just send them a message to let them know that that you will close the dispute once you receive payment.

You can actually close the claim right now (once the buyer responds) if you want, so it's up to your discretion (depending on whether you think they're gonna pay or not)...I usually give them the benefit of the doubt and wait until their time is up.

If he responded to you in the dispute and didnt message you through ebay you can close the dispute now and get a FVF credit so or you can wait till tomorrow and then close then if you dont recieve payment.

He's saying he'll pay you within the 7 days he has for the dispute so no need to do anything on your end except simply responding with something like "That will be fine, but if I haven't received payment by this Saturday I will continue with this non payment dispute." If you want to - I would.

Once a buyer responds to a NPB complaint it can drag things out longer than the 7 days IIRC. But I'm not entirely sure of all of the dynamics. I've only had one buyer actually respond to a NPB dispute.

Yeah, I went ahead and replied but left the dispute open.

Good afternoon,
That will be fine just as long as you are paying via your Paypal account with a
confirmed address. Upon receiving payment I will close the dispute and ship your item immediately.
Contact me with any further questions =)

Hopefully it all goes smoothly from here on out. Glad I didn't relist or give a second chance offer yet.

bread's done
Back