Resonance of Fate (PS3) for $25

I'm really enjoying this on the 360 right now, although it's a heck of a grind going for all the achievements (lots of arena battles!)...

Nebraska Furniture Mart? Really? That's kinda funny. I guess there are some games that could best be used as coasters to protect your furniture... :)

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I'm really enjoying this on the 360 right now, although it's a heck of a grind going for all the achievements (lots of arena battles!)...[/QUOTE]

Same here. Game of the year so far for me. Steal at this price.

Is this site reliable? It doesn't say whether the game is new or used though. Tempted to order though...

the site is 100% reliable I live in NE and I shop there all the time i've also bought a couple stuff online and yes it's brand new they don't sell anything used. So go order all you want.

They have 4 or 5 very large retail stores, they're mostly "home stuff" but have movies, electronics, computers, etc. Nothing fishy about them. That said, I'll still pass. Meh.

Bought this game at launch, played a little over an hour, and just got confused by the battle system. I tried using the in-game tutorial, but talk about information overload. Sadly, it's collecting dust until I can find a better tutorial or have the time to sit down and patiently learn a battle system.

FYI, don't waste your time searching for a coupon code for this. I had a few bots search for one, and they didn't find anything.

[quote name='Xiemos']Bought this game at launch, played a little over an hour, and just got confused by the battle system. I tried using the in-game tutorial, but talk about information overload. Sadly, it's collecting dust until I can find a better tutorial or have the time to sit down and patiently learn a battle system.[/QUOTE]

Battle system is pretty easy once you get used to it.

Problem with me is that the over head world system is complicated for no reason.

I wont get into it so I wont accidently spoil it for some but lets just say that I dont see why they did it that way. I can figure out better reasons to fight and grind it out than to do it the way they made it. *I've only played about 3 hours so far, dont know if it gets better or not.

Also, the way you move around with that little cursor instead of actually showing you the world ...or better said you and the world around you...you have to see it to know what I am talking about LOL(while on the world map)...meh. It's a good overall package though. I'd get it for $20 but no more than that. Remember that the law of to each their own applies here. Some may think its worth more.

I checked shipping cost to California:

UPS Ground: $10.37
UPS 2nd Day Air: $14.73

My god! Thanks but no thanks. Haven't these people heard of First Class? It's just a simple disc, it doesn't need to go UPS :/

damn too bad shipping does kill the deal but I hope this is the start of a price drop on this title, I really want to play it but the price is too high at the moment =/

I used the "keep it" option with Gamefly for $32 and it was totally worth it. Warning though...you will not master the battle system for a while. It took me 15 hours to master it completely. Some people have said it took them less, some said it took more. They throw everything at you all at once in the beginning tutorial in the OPTIONAL arena. Seriously, I imagine there have been lots of people who played through hours of the game and never knew where the tutorial was. The game doesn't baby you like FFXIII...you either learn everything at once or not at all.

This is one of my favorite JRPGs of this gen. The game is very innovative for a JRPG. Although the main story is paper thin, the battles are very fun once you understand the mechanics.

I'm not sure about this site though...doesn't look that reassuring.

UPS Ground, so the further you live from Nebraska, the higher the shipping cost is going to be. I'm right next door in Iowa, and it's over $10 for shipping. I'm waiting for this game to hit $19.99 with everything included...

I still have this game from Gamefly (had it for about a little over a week) and wouldn't mind owning it, but figure if I did, I wouldn't feel obligated to finish it. If this thing was $25 straight, I'd be all over it. The battle system is pretty difficult to learn for people who are used to selecting commands from a menu, but I got used to it in about two hours after going through the tutorial carefully.

[quote name='Xiemos']Bought this game at launch, played a little over an hour, and just got confused by the battle system. I tried using the in-game tutorial, but talk about information overload. Sadly, it's collecting dust until I can find a better tutorial or have the time to sit down and patiently learn a battle system.[/QUOTE]

Ive platinumed this. It is an incredible game if you can get into it.

If youre having trouble with some aspects, theres a thread for the game over in the PS3 forums. Feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer.

[quote name='newtypex']I used the "keep it" option with Gamefly for $32 and it was totally worth it. Warning though...you will not master the battle system for a while. It took me 15 hours to master it completely. Some people have said it took them less, some said it took more. They throw everything at you all at once in the beginning tutorial in the OPTIONAL arena. Seriously, I imagine there have been lots of people who played through hours of the game and never knew where the tutorial was. The game doesn't baby you like FFXIII...you either learn everything at once or not at all.

This is one of my favorite JRPGs of this gen. The game is very innovative for a JRPG. Although the main story is paper thin, the battles are very fun once you understand the mechanics.

I'm not sure about this site though...doesn't look that reassuring.[/QUOTE]

I can second most of the stuff you said. Despite the 'training' in the Arena, the battle system can be frustrating at first. The Arena doesn't explain the importance of the run-and-gun "hero actions" very well, nor does it offer advice on how to best position your characters to avoid/distribute damage.

Battles are very rewarding when you do get the hang of it, though. I got a kick out of using special attacks to gather about a hundred (literally) items per battle. Weapon customization is pretty neat, too.

Even though the story is kinda sparse, I think there have been a couple effective twists so far. I'm only about halfway through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got this game awhile ago from that sale from Kmart. This game was well worth the money, I'm on Chapter 7 and very much enjoying it. The tutorial may seem information overload, but the battle system is easy to grasp and very rewarding.

Nebraska Furniture Mart is like a cross between Fry's electronics and a massive furniture store. Great stores to shop in if you live in the Omaha or KC area.

The deal is dead, btw. If you check on the website it's no longer in stock.

I'll be waiting for cheaper too....I want an RPG to bite into this summer, but $33 after shipping was a bit too much. Amazon, match it!

RoF is totally my cup of tea. It pushed all the right buttons for me as far as an RPG goes, and that's saying something, because I'm not sure I can say the same for any RPG since the original Disgaea (Not that the two are very similar).

That said, there really is a pretty steep learning curve when it comes to the battles system and the game doesn't do a terribly good job of breaking you in. That's not necessarily a bad thing because I've found on forums and whatnot that there are at least 3 very distinct ways to actually fight the battles and still win.

Anyway it was well worth the $50 I spent on it right after release and I'd recommend it wholeheartedly at this price to anyone willing to spend some time understanding the battle system. If you're like me, paper-thin battle systems with minimal strategy get really frustrating, so this is a refreshing change. Definitely read an online tutorial after you play a round or two in-game and save yourself a lot of "What the CRAP just happened?!" moments.

If you did the tutorials you should have a problem. Seriously, what is wrong with all of you people?

I just beat this game about a week ago and I must say I had a blast with it. I didn't enjoy it as much as FF13 because the story is kind of all over the place, but it's still worth it at that price. If you even slightly want this game, buy it at this price!

bread's done
Back