Restrict the Trading Forums

Genocidal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
253 (100%)
The Steam threads have seen a recent influx of people once they found out that CAG does a lot of giveaways via Steamgifts. People who are joining just for free stuff are generally not participating in the CAG spirit, and some of them have joined in on the trading threads as well.

Some sort of class restriction on trading until a person can be considered a member of the community would be great. I suspect it won't be long until one of these people who joined only for free giveaways will try to scam someone in an attempt to get more free stuff.

More CAG newbies = bigger CAG community

Sure there will be a handful of one timers, but there will also be some that stay as well.

Plus I'm sure the influx of traffic helps Cheapy.

Could we extend that to posting in the Master Trade Lists subforum? A lot of themed content gets shoved there and gives people a loophole to post within the first 30 days.

[quote name='antlp89']More CAG newbies = bigger CAG community amount of lurkers.[/QUOTE]
Fixed that for ya.;)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/

From the bottom of the page:

[quote name='Statistics']
Threads: 278,972, Posts: 9,362,064, Registered CAGs: 353,386, Active Members: 27,672
[/quote]
Only 27,000 ACTIVE members outta 350,000 registered users. That means not even 10% of the registered userbase is a participating member here.

Even when you go to check who's on here right now by going to the Who's Online page there's almost always TWICE the number of guests/lurkers than registered CAG's.

There really should be some sort of rule that if ya don't post and actually contribute(other than 'gimme free shit') then yer out. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to the PSN code drop thread and saw something for a game I have, go to redeem it not even 3 minutes after it's posted and it's GONE without the person who took it even having the decency to say THANK YOU for it.:roll:

Even with my acerbic nature on here I try my damnedest to help out and contribute and many people notice this since I get PM's all the time from folks asking advice on something. I just wish that everybody who registers here felt the same way.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']There really should be some sort of rule that if ya don't post and actually contribute(other than 'gimme free shit') then yer out.[/QUOTE]

A potential calamity for the VS. section.

I think it would behoove us all to trade codes via PM rather than post them out in the open. Just my two cents...

Yeah. I've got most of my codes I have up on a trade list post on the master trade list forum. I've been trying to trade a bunch of em for a PS+ one year card from someone to no avail.

[quote name='Genocidal']Could we extend that to posting in the Master Trade Lists subforum? A lot of themed content gets shoved there and gives people a loophole to post within the first 30 days.[/QUOTE]

yeah I see so many noobs posting their garbage avatar crap in the XBL thread. It makes it worse when most of them (as well as "veterans" with under 20 feedback) post their shit every day when there's a supposed one post rule.

It should be 90 days to create own thread and 30 days to post in the Contest/Free Stuff and Trading forums.

I was gonna get one of those free game codes for my friend (I don't play on pc) but the codes were all gone when I checked; I finished listening to that podcast within 14 hours of it being posted too.

And at least 30 days to create topics anywhere else. Blogs should also have some limit - can't believe the amount of spam blogs that pop up every week.

even though I hate Slickdeals, I like how they run their Winter Holiday giveaways. More entries are given based on posts, membership duration, and actual time spent on forums.

Personally I'd like to see codes or other free stuff that're available via giveaways from Cheapy given out via some sort of quiz or something else that'll require people to do something other than bug him for a code.

bread's done
Back