Retaliatory Item Not Received dispute

notorious_pip

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I guy bought an item off of me on eBay. I stated I don't accept PayPal, so payment had to be made via concealed cash, check, or money order.

Two weeks pass and I don't receive payment. I e-mail him letting him know that I'll have to open an unpaid item dispute as a precautionary measure. I basically receive an e-mail back with him calling me an idiot. Another week passes, and I receive an envelope from him with no form of payment whatsoever inside and only a handwritten slip of paper regarding the item he won. I e-mail him about it, and he tells me that I received my payment and I need to send out his item. :roll: I try to get him to actually send me payment, but it doesn't work so I close the dispute leaving him the nonpaying bidder strike. I also leave him negative feedback.

I find today that he opened an item not received dispute against me. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but can he do anything to me without proof of payment sent or cashed? Thanks in advance.

Cliffs: Buyer sends me an empty envelope with no payment. I give leave him a nonpaying bidder strike and negative feedback. He opens up an item not received dispute against me. Any repercussions from his baseless dispute?

I think it is time to hire the local mafia to teach this asshole a lesson.
Also, you should disclose the ebay username of the jackass so we can block him.
Thanks
and
Good Luck.

i think u are fubar'd, u dont have any proof that he didnt send u money. He could say he sent u cash, you have no way to prove he didnt send u cash. Good luck though

The guy had decent feedback, something like 98% at the mid 200s in feedback. His negative feedback was from over a year ago.

Well, that's the thing, in his reply in the nonpaying bidder dispute, he listed his payment type as a money order that was already sent out. In his item not received dispute he listed his payment type as a check that was already sent out, so I think he has to show proof that I cashed a check or a money order in my area.

[quote name='notorious_pip']so I think he has to show proof that I cashed a check or a money order in my area.[/QUOTE]

I'd hope that'd be eBay's policy as well. Let us know if you get screwed on this one because if so that's just crap.

The only thing that might hurt you is if you really had in the listing that you accept cash, as I think eBay has banned asking for cash in the mail as payment, but if he said he was paying by other means that shouldn't really matter. Bad idea for either party to have cash sent in the mail.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html

Was the envelope intact? (In other words no possibility that cash/check/MO could have fallen out/been taken.)

The envelope was the original seal with no tears. It didn't show any signs of tampering like being opened and then being taped shut or something along those lines.

In all of his notifications (payment sent, nonpaying bidder dispute, item not received dispute) he lists his payment as being either a check or a money order.

Just wanted to update everybody on my situation. I responded to the item not sent with the following message,

"An envelope was received September 18th with no payment inside, only a slip of paper. As such, I have received no payment from this buyer, so no item has been shipped. If the buyer has sent a check, then he can check if his check has been cashed and if it was cashed by me in my area. If proof of this can't be provided, then no item will be shipped out."

Surprise, surprise, he all of a sudden wants to work this problem out. :whistle2:--)

bread's done
Back