Retro Duo SNES Buy.com $27.99 shipped

Is this the definitive solution (the best brand) for this kind of item? Seems kind of tempting...is that S-Video I see on the back?

I have one of these and I use it all the time with very few problems. I'm playing Adventures of Link on it right now. Every one of my nintendo/snes games except one has worked. The only annoying part is getting the games out, and a few sound issues. Definitely worth 28 bucks.

I own an original of each console but this makes things easier.

I own the FC Twin which is a similar product for around the same price (you can find it on Amazon). I haven't had any issues with that one. It uses the regular composite cables though.

[quote name='token2k6']Is this the definitive solution (the best brand) for this kind of item? Seems kind of tempting...is that S-Video I see on the back?[/QUOTE]

I think this is really the next best thing to actually owning the original systems (someone correct me if I'm wrong). That is indeed S-Video and I didn't notice before but it also claims to play "most japanese titles" now whether that is Famicom, Super Famicom, or both I have no idea.

What do you guys do about the distance between you and your set? Aren't these controllers crazy short? Like FC3 Plus is like 3 feet and you can't use original controllers on it.

Info on this matter would be clutch. Thanks!

[quote name='thelwig14']What do you guys do about the distance between you and your set? Aren't these controllers crazy short? Like FC3 Plus is like 3 feet and you can't use original controllers on it.

Info on this matter would be clutch. Thanks![/QUOTE]

The cord only looks like it's 6" from the console in the picture, so you might be sitting 2' away from your tv... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='encendido5']The cord only likes like it's 6" from the console in the picture, so you might be sitting 2' away from your tv... :lol:[/QUOTE]

I guess it makes for a more authentic experience.

[quote name='addicted2games']I have one and it is well worth it. Play most NES and SNES games on one system through s-video? Winner in my book.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
This is truly a winner in my book as well, this is a multi-tasking tool.

If anyone other than the comedians found a fix for the controller distance issue, please post.

I know there is one clone that allows the use of the original controllers...therefore extensions could be used, but I don't think it is a duo.

[quote name='token2k6']Is this the definitive solution (the best brand) for this kind of item? Seems kind of tempting...is that S-Video I see on the back?[/QUOTE]

depends on what you call definitive. i mean, for best compatibility/quality, just play on a PC (HTPC). for best non emulation quality, you'll spend a lot of cash on a top loading NES and a SNES.

these things definitely have compatibility problems, but they arent too common. its probably the cheapest way to play your original games without having to blow the cart or system every time you plug a new game in.

System is compatible with original official SNES controllers and extension cords.

I believe the cables are longer than what you see in the photo. Check out the video.

Kinda sux that buy.com charges tax for CA, but for $31 shipped, being able to play two more old school systems worth of games is well worth it.

Thanks OP!!

[quote name='Rictor']System is compatible with original official SNES controllers and extension cords.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. That is sadly, the only part i have left from my Original SNES. :cry:

[quote name='BustaUppa']lol, I just noticed that fuck is the game pictured in the SNES slot! :rofl:[/QUOTE]

A true classic one way or another. :applause:

[quote name='encendido5']The cord only likes like it's 6" from the console in the picture, so you might be sitting 2' away from your tv... :lol:[/QUOTE]

Whoa, those do look really short. Do these repro consoles have ports for authentic NES/SNES controllers? Things would be somewhat easier if that was the case.

You can use Snes controllers with this unit. I do, works perfectly. In fact, I would say the controllers that come with this are the worst part. They're wonky.

I just grabbed one of these, anyone know where I could find some games to go with it? I haven't been able to find many at CAG prices. :(

Thanks OP. I've been meaning to get one of these, and the price is great.

^^^IMHO, anything over $25, you're better off buying the actual system.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']thanks I'll look for some reviews of this one.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind it's $15. It's decent enough, but it's certainly not a real NES. The colors are wrong on a lot of my games but, again, it's $15.

wow, so many options, since I don't have SNES games, I could go with a NES only. the fact that I could lay that portable down and face up inside my entertainment center is a plus, but that top loader is ultra cheap shipped...

I want the new one that plays Genny games too. Hell if they made one that also played N64 and Genny I'd pay like $60 for that.

So bought. I'm looking to invest in an actual NES and SNES (since my mom sold my old systems at a garage sale), but this will do for the time being. I'll post impressions whenever I get it.

[quote name='BustaUppa']lol, I just noticed that fuck is the game pictured in the SNES slot! :rofl:[/QUOTE]

That's the funniest thing to notice LOL

bread's done
Back