Retro game (AND TOY) stores in Toronto?

kathos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Ok I know it's been mentioned before but I can't find it in the history.

I'm looking for some retro game systems/games/used games, essentially any game store that isn't EB =\. But also looking for someplace that won't rip me off.

Any place like that in Toronto? I'll be heading into the city downtown in a few days is why.

Last edited by a moderator:
That'd be Game Centre at Yonge & Charles. It's just south of Bloor-- 730 Yonge Steet.

And then go across the street to the Oja Noodle house for food. They're awesome.

Awesome, thanks for the food tip (the game one too!).

Also thread re-named for toys too. Anyone know anything for toys? And not those pretentious vinyl toy bullshit either, toys toys.

[quote name='kathos']Awesome, thanks for the food tip (the game one too!).

Also thread re-named for toys too. Anyone know anything for toys? And not those pretentious vinyl toy bullshit either, toys toys.[/quote]

Blue Snail on Queen, by Osgoode Station. Or walk North along Younge from the Eatons Center and there's a few others.

[quote name='method47']Blue Snail on Queen, by Osgoode Station. Or walk North along Younge from the Eatons Center and there's a few others.[/quote]

I think its called Silver Snail Comic book/Toy shop

Ditto on the Silver Snail. They're at 367 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON M5V 2A4.

And while you're THERE, go up the street to 246 Queen Street West and hit up Cafe Crepe. Amazing crepes made fresh, for cheap. Chocolate banana ftw!

how retro are you looking for the toys? my aunt and uncle ran a candy store in burlington (think willy wonka...it was awesome) that also had two walls devoted to old toys...a lot of old dc and marvel stuff (i'd say most was pre to mid 80s), some tin stuff, and a lot of other random things. they just closed the store (it was their side business) to focus on the main job, but there's talk of opening in toronto by the summer. i can keep the board posted if you like.

if you like retro toys,games and old school vinyl records check him out
He is in mississauga
lots of 70ties and 80ties toys,transformers,heman,star wars
lots of retro systems atari,coleco,pong
he carries vinyl records from the 60ties and 70ties
here is his link
toyratt.com
good luck
john:cool:

if you want retro stuff, check on A&C games,just south of bloor on spadina.
LOADED with all retro stuff
google it for a more precise location

[quote name='Load3r']if you want retro stuff, check on A&C games,just south of bloor on spadina.
LOADED with all retro stuff
google it for a more precise location[/quote]

I work right in the area and I've never been.. any vouche for what they have to offer?

[quote name='EvilMario']I work right in the area and I've never been.. any vouche for what they have to offer?[/quote]
I can vouch. They have TONNES of stuff and stuff I've never seen before as well.

Trust me, just walk in and its like walking into a retro store.

I believe they also rent games (even retro games).

The toyratt place looks good and so does A&C I just hope it's not one of those "retro" nerd stores like The Silver Snail that sell those fucking asshole pretentious vinyl toys.

[quote name='CaptainCharismaCCC']I can vouch. They have TONNES of stuff and stuff I've never seen before as well.

Trust me, just walk in and its like walking into a retro store.

I believe they also rent games (even retro games).[/quote]

Haha, not interested in renting (ever), but their Excel sheet of titles they have in stock is rather impressive. I cringe to think of the prices, but any place that has CD-I titles and Wonderswans instock is OKAY by me. ;)

[quote name='EvilMario']Haha, not interested in renting (ever), but their Excel sheet of titles they have in stock is rather impressive. I cringe to think of the prices, but any place that has CD-I titles and Wonderswans instock is OKAY by me. ;)[/quote]

Did you see a Wonderswan Color in there? I need it to collect my "I'll buy it but never ever godamn play it" pile of systems.

[quote name='kathos']Did you see a Wonderswan Color in there? I need it to collect my "I'll buy it but never ever godamn play it" pile of systems.[/quote]

Just saw it on the ol' spreadsheet (http://www.acgamesonline.com/gameslist/acgamesonlinegamelistfeb012009.xls). Used, but with box. Cost and condition of the system/box would be determining factors for me. WSC is not the most rare system in the world, but if there's a deal to be had.. and I can avoid shipping/customs.. :bouncy:

And clear your messages, I had a link to send you..

Could someone please give me an explanation of the spread sheet and how I can tell whether they have something or not?

If you're looking for a Wonderswan, I'm sure I can pick one up when I go to Japan sometime this year. If you can wait that long that is.

I got a SwanCrystal last year in Japan, brand new, and it was only $20. I remember seeing buckets of WS and WSC games, used, most were only $5, unless it was a big name anime or something.

bread's done
Back