Retro Game Master DVD Boxset Availible for Pre-Order at Right Stuf

detectiveconan16

CAGiversary!
Feedback
46 (100%)
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/Uzy1i2lYlQ1wsu9nuF/browse/item/95528/4/0/0

Finally it's available, and at Right Stuf it's 25% off until the next Eastern Star sale.
For now it's $45, free shipping at $49, and 10% with GotAnime Membership.

A chance in hell I'm ever going to see this in a Best Buy.

Most episodes on this set have been licensed by Gawker, and aired on Kotaku last year. A Bigger Boat Productions handled the task of translating the episodes but did a rather poor job of it.

This time, Discotek Media has stepped up to the plate and re-did all of the episodes in that set and added a few more. The episode list is as follows:

Shiren the Wanderer
Mighty Bomb Jack Live & Recorded
Ninja Gaiden I
Ninja Gaiden II
The Mystery of Atlantis
Solomon's Key
Bonanza Brothers
SOS
Clock Tower
Super Fantasy Zone
53 stations of Tokaido
Wing of Madoola
Battle Golfer Yui
Golden Axe

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! But why a box set? There's only a handful of episdoes coming out on this set so I heard.

[quote name='E_Man']Awesome! But why a box set? There's only a handful of episdoes coming out on this set so I heard.[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard it is the episodes that aired on Kotaku last year and another episode.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']From what I've heard it is the episodes that aired on Kotaku last year and another episode.[/QUOTE]

Yuck, those episodes were weak. And edited. And poorly-translated.

Those episodes have been professionally re-translated by Discotek Media, and now have two audio tracks, one with the Bigger Boat crap, and one with the original tracks. No bonus segments are included, as they are also a complicated legal matter.

Added more information to the opening, and quit your damn whining about Kotaku's episodes. They've been re-translated, and it was a Bigger Boat's fault in the first place for doing such a fucking crappy job.

Does this include the live on-location segments? My favorite parts of the show was where he'd visit game centers and old video game shops.

[quote name='GindoGuy']Does this include the live on-location segments? My favorite parts of the show was where he'd visit game centers and old video game shops.[/QUOTE]

The DVDs have never included those, even in Japan.

Unlike the challenges, each arcade segments features several games from different companies. You know how litigious this country is regarding trademarks and patents, even if it is for an innocuous segment.

bread's done
Back