Returning open game consoles to Amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

humbleish

CAG Veteran
Have any of you tried returning an open video game system to Amazon? I'm thinking of sending back my 3DS (still have everything / pretty much new), but they make no mention of game consoles in their return policy. I tried their online chat, but the service rep didn't seem to understand that I'm trying to return a console and not a video game.

I don't care if they reject it and send it back to me, but I'm worried they'll accept it and charge some large restocking fee (I'd rather just keep it in that case).

Amazon would reject it. All their return policies for everything except books states that it has to be returned unopened & still in the plastic wrap. Which makes sense, because you bought it new & are trying to return it used.

So you're better off either keeping it or try to sell it used and get some of the money back.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Amazon would reject it. All their return policies for everything except books states that it has to be returned unopened & still in the plastic wrap. Which makes sense, because you bought it new & are trying to return it used.
[/QUOTE]

Ignore this completely incorrect statement. If it's within 30 days then just use the online returns center. It will explain any charges before you actually submit the return, but you should only have to pay for shipping. I've even had them waive the shipping sometimes, even if the return was my fault.

[For future reference the only things that have to be unopened are CDs, DVDs and software that you could have just copied.]

My bottom screen got these weird lines running through and I wasnt liking the system anyways so online I applied for a refund and it instantly gave me a label to print and ship, without mentioning any fees. How did this go over for you, mines packed up and ready to go, but did they give you a full refund? Has anyone here sent back an open game console to amazon? It was within 30 days.

id like to know how this went, as I am thinking about returning a playstation 3 that is only a month old or so. honestly I found one cheaper and they don't do price adjustments, but I could say it was making noises or something.

on their policy it states if you have defective equipment they can help you contact the manufacturer for the warranty but its only a few weeks old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back