Returns to Amazon and Restock fees

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
During black Friday (on or near) I bought an ASUS chromebook for $149.99. I was mostly pleased with the product as it did almost everything I wanted it to as a third laptop for traveling (checking e-mail, browsing the internet).

However the ChromeOS crashed a few times and it was more of a headache then it was worth. I requested a return a few days after the return period ended but as a courtesy Amazon obliged.

Today the return was processed and I only received $119.99 instead of $149.99. The e-mail stated a 20% restock fee was being deducted.

I almost NEVER return anything to Amazon so maybe I'm just naive but do they typically charge restock fees on electronics?

Not the end of the world because I wanted to get rid of that Chromebook so I could buy a cheap windows based netbook/laptop but still was surprised by that fee.

During black Friday (on or near) I bought an ASUS chromebook for $149.99. I was mostly pleased with the product as it did almost everything I wanted it to as a third laptop for traveling (checking e-mail, browsing the internet).

However the ChromeOS crashed a few times and it was more of a headache then it was worth. I requested a return a few days after the return period ended but as a courtesy Amazon obliged.

Today the return was processed and I only received $119.99 instead of $149.99. The e-mail stated a 20% restock fee was being deducted.

I almost NEVER return anything to Amazon so maybe I'm just naive but do they typically charge restock fees on electronics?

Not the end of the world because I wanted to get rid of that Chromebook so I could buy a cheap windows based netbook/laptop but still was surprised by that fee.
i would email them and say i was never told i was going to get hit the 20%

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=15015721#GUID-391700D6-2826-41E9-B3EC-D32A38F2D0D1__SECTION_3833ACAF573541FD92F4C9AFE381AC86

States in their return policy that you only get a full refund if it's DOA, arrived damaged or unopened.  Since you opened it and wasn't damaged, it was subject to a restocking fee.

Plus http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib/175-5439247-7400127?ie=UTF8&nodeId=901926

States that you'd only get 80% after the return window has closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Partial Refunds & Restocking Fees If You Return You'll Receive

Items in original condition past the return window* 80% of the item's price
They do have it written on their site, so it's there.

I don't really return stuff outside of the return period, so this is something new to me as well.

u could have easily emailed or chat amazon, that u did'nt know about the restocking fee and could have asked for 100% refund

sig.png

bread's done
Back