Reusing Amazon box...

winterice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Will Fedex allow me to use a Amazon box to ship stuff? Will the Amazon logos cause a problem? I really don't want to go waste money on a box when I've got like 5 Amazon box around.

Why would they care what the box says?

As long as you over up the old addresses I never had an issue reusing anything.

There's absolutely no point in obscuring the logos. Often times Amazon uses FedEx to ship packages, and there's no problem then.....

The only thing you have to cover up is the old shipping label.

I constantly use Amazon boxes to ship stuff. Never had any issue with it, nor did I remove/cover up the logos.

They're decent boxes, so why not use them again and save some money?

I always cover up the logos with a marker because I don't want a buyer to think I bought the item off Amazon and dropshipped it to them, if it's not for an online sale, I wouldn't worry about it then

You always "save" trees. ;)

Even through the trees used for the boxes were cut down to save homes from forest fires or grown in farms. People see to think they are Earth friendly when they recycle paper and they are really just hurting the planet more.

[quote name='bigdaddy']You always "save" trees. ;)

Even through the trees used for the boxes were cut down to save homes from forest fires or grown in farms. People see to think they are Earth friendly when they recycle paper and they are really just hurting the planet more.[/QUOTE]

Whaa? Tell more moar! :O Or link me? I'd be really interested in reading/learning more about this O.O

I don't have a link, but I know I'm correct, I last saw something about it during the 10 hour "Today Show". And you are most likely joking, but I'll share anyways. :)

A separate truck has to come around and pick the newspaper up, at least around here, it's a different one than the plastic and metal truck and trash truck. Plastic is made from oil, so recycle that and metal is obviously good to recycle. Three separate trucks = huge waste of gas. They then have to bleach and boil the paper to get the ink off. The ink becomes a goo that they throw out. Most of the "recycled" paper that you put at the curb is never recycled and ends up in a landfill anyways.

There is a CW commercial that goes "recycle paper and you can save 280 million trees a year". Pure bullshit. You have to cut trees down to make fire breaks and to get rid of the old dry wood. Plus it's like saying "Buy a fake Christmas tree to save pine trees", if you don't buy a real Christmas tree than they will grow less, it's not like they are cutting wild trees down. No one seems to understand supply and demand.

And we have at least 10 times as many trees now as there used to be farmland and grassing land covering the northeast hills, now it's all trees.

The best thing to do with paper is shred it up and mix it in your yard. Paper doesn't decompose in landfills (which is amazing, and was on the Discovery Channel) but it is great for a garden, plus the ink is biodegradable now.

I watch too much TV. :D

And boxes really do make cheap installation, in case you spend too much on video games and DVDs and become homeless. :lol:

Already said many times, but yeah it won't be a problem.

Monoprice sent me some cables via USPS using a sticker label with 'For UPS shipping only' printed on it. :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']I don't have a link, but I know I'm correct, I last saw something about it during the 10 hour "Today Show". And you are most likely joking, but I'll share anyways. :) [/quote]

Penn & Teller's Bullshit also did a thing on recycling being a sham. Youtube it if interested. I don't know if I'm convinced, but it's interesting.

[quote name='wubb']Already said many times, but yeah it won't be a problem.

Monoprice sent me some cables via USPS using a sticker label with 'For UPS shipping only' printed on it. :lol:

[/quote]

Haha, they did the same thing when I bought cables from them. That must be how they afford to sell HDMI cables for under $5!

I'm also an Amazon box reuser. Saves money, saves trees (whether they're from a tree farm or not), and saves me having to go to the store to restock on packing supplies.

[quote name='wubb']Already said many times, but yeah it won't be a problem.

Penn & Teller's Bullshit also did a thing on recycling being a sham. Youtube it if interested. I don't know if I'm convinced, but it's interesting.[/quote]
I saw that episode. Thy only really went at it from a cost perspective if i remember. Saying that only aluminum was really worth recycling cause it's cheaper than new aluminum. Recycling paper may not be cost effective, but that doesn't mean it doesn't serve a environmental purpose.

[quote name='JolietJake']Recycling paper may not be cost effective, but that doesn't mean it doesn't serve a environmental purpose.[/quote]

It's neither cost effective or serves aN environmental purpose. Like I said recycling paper is the one thing that more people are finally seeing as the biggest pile of bullshit on the planet. If you want to be really be into true recycling shred your paper and throw it at the leaf pile in your own DPW.

And I have seen the Bullshit episode, they have some good and some not so good points. However like they said "We grow the trees we need. It's like growing potatoes for french fries, if you stop eating french fries they would stop growing potatoes."

[quote name='bigdaddy']It's neither cost effective or serves aN environmental purpose. Like I said recycling paper is the one thing that more people are finally seeing as the biggest pile of bullshit on the planet. If you want to be really be into true recycling shred your paper and throw it at the leaf pile in your own DPW.

And I have seen the Bullshit episode, they have some good and some not so good points. However like they said "We grow the trees we need. It's like growing potatoes for french fries, if you stop eating french fries they would stop growing potatoes."[/quote]I did agree with that. They don't go around cutting down wild trees, they grow them on tree farms. That was stopped long ago, otherwise we'd have no trees left. Trees are treated like any other crop, there's even a christmas tree farm not far from here.

That isn't true for lumber though, plenty of wild trees in Canada get cut down for soft lumber i believe.

bread's done
Back