Revolution to be hard to find at launch?

[quote name='benjamouth']See our friends at EB Games/Gamestop are releasing a couple of nice gouge-tastic Wii bundles for shipping in April.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B020070I

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B020070J

This really bugs me for some reason, if they have consoles available then just fecking sell them without this bundles crap !![/quote]

Hmm, I worked at all these places (Best Buy, EBGames, CC) and put these bundles together. They are dumb, id ussually just pull them apart and give them to people.

Its good using the bundles, cause people think if you buy them all together you'd save money on tax. Because you arent seperatally taxing each item, but the truth is, it doesnt matter if they are together or seperate the tax is the same.

I live in Portland, ME and I'm glad I preordered mine at TRU because I still haven't seen a Wii around where I live. There are TONS of PS3 everywhere I go, but there are no Wii's... They all sell out as soon as someone gets them in stock...

I'm guessing it varies by region, but if someone lived near me it wouldn't be easy getting one, but there's plenty of PS3's if you want one! Heck even 360's are harder to find then PS3 where I am.

[quote name='3QGojo']
I'm guessing it varies by region, [/quote]

Maybe. All I know is that I go to a lot of stores and I haven't seen one for months. Only reason I did see 1 is because I happened to show up right at the time they were getting a shipment.

Yeah I haven't seen Wii's anywhere either. I have this weird knee-jerk reaction w hen I see a system that isn't in stock even if I own it. I start getting frantic for no reason, granted its short-lived to a nanosecond but its still weird.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']
Its good using the bundles, cause people think if you buy them all together you'd save money on tax. Because you arent seperatally taxing each item, but the truth is, it doesnt matter if they are together or seperate the tax is the same.[/QUOTE]

What? Do some people actually think that? ...good lord...

[quote name='rygar']What? Do some people actually think that? ...good lord...[/QUOTE]

No one thinks that but him, and he was trying to cover his ass by saying "others" thought so.

I'm still amazed at the Wii's demand. While I am pleased at the Wii's success and quick adoptation by the gaming and non-gaming public, Nintendo should really be ashamed at their lack of stock. I know these things sell out quickly, but come on, they had enough money in the bank on Nov 20th to open up some new production lines and get the market flooded.

Like Microsoft did with the 360 last year, their shortages are no longer driving hype sales but hindering them. People aren't going to search forever.

[quote name='daroga']I'm still amazed at the Wii's demand. While I am pleased at the Wii's success and quick adoptation by the gaming and non-gaming public, Nintendo should really be ashamed at their lack of stock. I know these things sell out quickly, but come on, they had enough money in the bank on Nov 20th to open up some new production lines and get the market flooded.

Like Microsoft did with the 360 last year, their shortages are no longer driving hype sales but hindering them. People aren't going to search forever.[/QUOTE]

Ya,

Interestingly, check out the #s:

[quote name='lordwow']Ya,

Interestingly, check out the #s:

[/quote]And just think how high the Wii could be if they actually had them in stores!

I wonder, they're supposed to move 6 million by March 31. They're gonna pull the same amount in 2 1/2 weeks that they have in all of 2007?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I think when the revolution comes out, they will push to have that new Mario game at release that will sell alot.[/quote]You guys do realize that this post is what bumped the topic up, right?

EDIT: HA! And I just found out he's on my ignore list after logging in. Good to know I pick the good ones.

It was this post that bumped it up: [quote name='Quintessence']Interesting to see what people thought back here about the Wii and its availability.

Yeah this was on the last page.[/quote]

[quote name='Quintessence']Interesting to see what people thought back here about the Wii and its availability.

Yeah this was on the last page.[/QUOTE]

Actually, this was the post that bumped the thread. Still nothing wrong with having that guy on your ignore list.

bread's done
Back