• Samurai Showdown Sen :360:
  • Street Figher IV :ps3:
  • Grand Theft Auto Episodes from Liberty City :360::ps3:
Save $20 on these select titles:

• Madden 10 :360::ps3:
  • Tekken 6 :360::ps3:
  • Mass Effect 2 :360:
  • Star Trek Online:pc:

[quote name='cheeky']I am too. I have been getting them like clockwork for months and when they didn't show up this month I called to find out the mailings are apparently random. Crossing my fingers I get them next month to use on a new iPad 3G and case.[/QUOTE]

Frick, coupon specifically excludes iPad. Bastards.

Hey guys, I have some questions about pre-ordering games at Best Buy and the promotion.

1. When you pre-order in store, do you only pay $5? I think I've seen the pre-orders before and they were only $5, but online it shows the full price.

2. I know one store by me has the pre-order games in cases and I guess you take the case to the register and that is how they scan it, does anyone know if you keep these cases? I can always use extra cases, but didn't know how it worked.

3. I'm interested in getting Alan Wake and the $10 in rewards promo sounds like a pretty decent one. It shows that you can earn up to 1500 points with the offer, but I'm thinking I may pre-order a few and try to get some of my friends to get the game as well, is it a limit of three per title, or per system i.e. if I get 3 of the regular editions and one of the limited editions, would I only get rewards on three, or all four since the one is different?

4. When do the points get credited to your account? I think most points are pending until 30 days after purchase in case you return the game, but I didn't know if this would be different since it is on a pre-order, do they get credited when you purchase the actual game, or do they go pending once you pre-order?

Hopefully these make sense and thanks for any help!!!

[quote name='1NintendoFan']Hey guys, I have some questions about pre-ordering games at Best Buy and the promotion.

1. When you pre-order in store, do you only pay $5? I think I've seen the pre-orders before and they were only $5, but online it shows the full price.

2. I know one store by me has the pre-order games in cases and I guess you take the case to the register and that is how they scan it, does anyone know if you keep these cases? I can always use extra cases, but didn't know how it worked.

3. I'm interested in getting Alan Wake and the $10 in rewards promo sounds like a pretty decent one. It shows that you can earn up to 1500 points with the offer, but I'm thinking I may pre-order a few and try to get some of my friends to get the game as well, is it a limit of three per title, or per system i.e. if I get 3 of the regular editions and one of the limited editions, would I only get rewards on three, or all four since the one is different?

4. When do the points get credited to your account? I think most points are pending until 30 days after purchase in case you return the game, but I didn't know if this would be different since it is on a pre-order, do they get credited when you purchase the actual game, or do they go pending once you pre-order?

Hopefully these make sense and thanks for any help!!![/QUOTE]

1. Online always charges full price for preorders for some reason. In store is $5

2. You get to keep the case. I've read some people saying mistaken CSRs try to take the cases back, but its yours, especially if theres a preorder bonus code inside.

3. I am not totally sure on this one, but am going to assume it's just 3 no matter what version, b/c its all on the same preorder box. I don't even think my BB has the Alan Wake boxes out come to think about it.

4. I think it takes about 30-35 days after release to get the points, so they know you bought it and kept it. Although other CAGs may know this better than I.

Hope any of this helped!

In reply to the above posts:

1. Yes in-store is only $5+tax. Online is not only pay-in-full, but they also charge your card at the time the order is placed :bomb: In-store pre-orders are picked up at customer service desk with your pre-order receipt; what they do is ring it up as an exchange, as if you returned the pre-order for a refund and bought the real one.

2. The very first time I picked up a preorder the girl asked me if she could keep the case because she was new and wasn't sure whether she was supposed to or not. Because it was also my first time, I wasn't sure either so I let her keep it. Since then, I've always left the case at home and I've never even had anyone else ever ask me for one. So it's definitely yours to keep.

3. It's 3 per title.

4. I currently have one preorder that qualifies for bonus points, that is over 4 months old, and there has been no sign of bonus points on my account. I was initially concerned that it hadn't been properly credited, but after putting a little thought into it... I assume that because the dollar value of the bonus points is higher than the dollar value of the $5 deposit you are making, that would be an obvious reason why they wouldn't apply the bonus points until you follow through with the purchase. They'd basically be selling you a $10 RZ cert for $5, with no guarantee that you'd actually follow through with buying the game when it releases. Even if you walked away, you'd have gotten a free $5, and if you managed to successfully cancel & refund the preorder you'd get $10 for free. Wouldn't THAT be the day... ;)

Nothing free this month. Not all that surprising considering the games they chose to have coupons for. They must have done it because of all the hoarders! OMG! :)

Thanks evophile and gamerdogbert, that really helps. I've only pre-ordered one game before, so I don't know much about it. I figured I could ask at Best Buy, but I'm pretty sure I would get a different answer each time :D

I was hoping to get a game with the bonus credit from the pre-orders and was going to wait until I got it to buy the game, but if you have to wait till the game is actually released, I may just go ahead and get it... I read the fine print on the site and it doesn't mention anything about when it is credited, and come to think of it, it doesn't even say that you have to actually by the game after release, just mentions the pre-order in the description... so I was just curious how that would work.

Heading out to Best Buy now! Thanks again!

[quote name='typical guy']Nothing free this month. Not all that surprising considering the games they chose to have coupons for. They must have done it because of all the hoarders! OMG! :)[/QUOTE]

Probably not a bad thing, anyway. A month without free games will make the SD and FW people forget about the other months. BB will undoubtedly get sloppy again and give us more free credit. Probably in June, if not May :)

[quote name='typical guy']Nothing free this month. Not all that surprising considering the games they chose to have coupons for. They must have done it because of all the hoarders! OMG! :)[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think one of the last ones had just dropped to $20 for MSRP just prior to the coupon's effective dates, so MSRP drops could STILL give us a free game this month.;) Never give up hope on free shit.:D

So a weird thing happened to me earlier this evening. Had these reward coupons for BestBuy that were about to expire so decided to stop in and maybe snag liberty city since I saw it was 10 bux off.

Anyways was walking down the gaming aisles and I glanced at a sign that said Left 4 Dead 2 was $20 dollars off bringing it down to 39.99, then I realized that one of the GamerZone promos was save $10 off LFD2. Excited I nabbed a copy and headed up to cash register.

Guy working had no idea, had to walk him back to the sign (which read the deal was going on from 4/11 to 5/01 or something). Had to call a manager to key in the discount, while we waited also gave him code for $10 which went through. Manager came up though and said that the offers could not combine since the price drop was a limited time thing. It was also an hour before closing time so people were cranky, so thinking I might go back tomorrow and save myself some money or at the very least take a picture of the promo so people can know about the deal.

Sorry for wall of text

Yeah @ one of my local BB's, the night crew are a bunch of lazy bastards that act like they are doing you a service just by breathing oxygen.

I've been into the store both in the day & night...it is LITERALLY a night & day difference. It's good to know that a customer's retail experience has to get even CRAPPIER.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Yeah @ one of my local BB's, the night crew are a bunch of lazy bastards that act like they are doing you a service just by breathing oxygen.

I've been into the store both in the day & night...it is LITERALLY a night & day difference. It's good to know that a customer's retail experience has to get even CRAPPIER.[/QUOTE]

Night shift CSRs are the worst. All they seem to be interested in is getting the customer out of the store as quickly as possible so they can goof off until they close down.

So took the $20 off coupon and $25 in RZ certs and picked up Mass Effect 2 for $16.15 with tax. Not too bad me thinks. Now if I can just stop playing MW2 MP and then finish my first DA:O character, I can devote time to ME2.

Modern Warfare 2 is ever causing my backlog to increase. I just started my 5th prestige. No trophy hunting or new gameplay, just prestige. My bf and I play for at least an hour a nite. good times. oh yeah, so no freebies maybe this month. lol. omg hoardersz killd it! lol

[quote name='Velo214']Modern Warfare 2 is ever causing my backlog to increase. I just started my 5th prestige. No trophy hunting or new gameplay, just prestige. My bf and I play for at least an hour a nite. good times. oh yeah, so no freebies maybe this month. lol. omg hoardersz killd it! lol[/QUOTE]

Killing me too

I'm hoping there's some kind of deal with 3D Dot Game Heroes next month. I have $35 in RZ giftcards and odds are good i'm buying 3DGH, so it'd be nice to get an even better deal.

[quote name='the_punisher']I'm hoping there's some kind of deal with 3D Dot Game Heroes next month. I have $35 in RZ giftcards and odds are good i'm buying 3DGH, so it'd be nice to get an even better deal.[/QUOTE]
Same. I'm sitting on 25$ of RZ certs, and I NEED that game.

[quote name='Velo214']Modern Warfare 2 is ever causing my backlog to increase. I just started my 5th prestige. No trophy hunting or new gameplay, just prestige. My bf and I play for at least an hour a nite. good times. oh yeah, so no freebies maybe this month. lol. omg hoardersz killd it! lol[/QUOTE]

Wow, I'd rather kill myself than play that broken mess of a game that much.

Only 'deal' this month seems to be Star Trek Online vanilla edition for $10 after $20 off coupon. Good deal if you want to get into STO for cheap, I guess.

hmmm, just noticed that CrimeCraft is 9.99 - 10 coupon = free

When did the drop happened? Doesn't seem to be worth hoarding because its a fee based MMO shooter.

Any1 have opinions on it?

LOL Well, my buddies' bro-in-law wanted me to get him a newer MMO(Aion), so maybe he'll settle for a free copy of an MMO.

I'll have to pick up a few tomorrow on my road trip for the hell of it.

[quote name='nixmahn']hmmm, just noticed that CrimeCraft is 9.99 - 10 coupon = free

When did the drop happened? Doesn't seem to be worth hoarding because its a fee based MMO shooter.

Any1 have opinions on it?[/QUOTE]

I have an opinion, get it yourself and find out if you like it.

It looks like Crimecraft comes with 2 free months, but then you have to pay $10 per month after that. I read a review for it and it sounds like it sucks though.

Couldn't you just buy ALL of them at the store and keep using the temporary 2 month codes? If you buy 10 copies, that would get you 20 months which should be more than enough? I say this not knowing for sure since I never played the game.

And by the way, I stand corrected about no free game this month - although I'm only half wrong since this is an MMO...I'm not even sure I want to go to BB and claim this thing.

I would think that the codes would be one time use and probably limited to one per account so no one could keep using 2 month codes to get infinite playtime.

It's too bad Star Trek Online's vanilla edition didn't drop another $10 or that would be free too. Right now it's $10 with the $20 off coupon.

Thanks for the heads up on CrimeCraft. I just picked up two copies. I figure If I'm gonna play a bad mmo I might as well play with a friend.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Price drop. I just went it and picked it up for $0. I dont even know if I wanna play it.[/QUOTE]

so this is confirmed to work?

i might go pick some up today...

im gonna sit this one out. i know it's free n all, but without the flipability it just loses it's interest for me... now let's see what's happenin next month!

I picked up 3 copies. The flipper in me wants to grab all 30 or so copies my store has... but what the hell would I do with them? I thought about joining Goozex and getting some free credit, but I don't know that I'd even use it. Plus, Goozex just looks plain confusing to me.

I picked up a few Crime Craft along with a copy of Star Trek Online for $9.99.

I might try out CC for a bit and I've been interested in STO for a bit, so I'll give that a look at some point as well.

I tried the Gamer's Club coupon at an out of town BB today and they denied me on my three copies of Crimecraft by saying it was 'on sale or clearance' at first, then just out and out saying 'you can't use the coupon'.

The clerk I went to went off to find a manager and talked to both the manager they found and the lady working the security post by the door. They yammered for about 5-10 minutes before coming back with the 'on sale/clearance' rigamarole first, then switched to the 'just can't use the coupon' shit next.

I'm debating if I wanna e-mail corporate on this and tell them how it's completely frickin' absurd to put out coupons for games, then have the asshats at a store tell me I can't use the coupon the company put out due to some rule they just made up.

I'm going to try my closest BB before the coupon ends and I may print up multiples of multiples and clean the whole frickin' shelf out for the hell of it.

The store I tried today was in Mechanicsburg(PA) on the Carlisle Pike. They wouldn't even attempt to scan the coupon, even after entering in my RZ card and scanning the three games.:roll: Yet they allowed me to walk out of there with 5 guides for .05 .:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

The store I tried today was in Mechanicsburg(PA) on the Carlisle Pike. They wouldn't even attempt to scan the coupon, even after entering in my RZ card and scanning the three games.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Heh. I got a $10 RZ coupon (not sure how I got that, since I only get free games and penny guides) and I wanted the Zac Brown CD - which was $13.99 on the shelf. Instead, it rang up at $9.99 and the cashier told me to get a candy bar. She then rerang my coupon to give me my free games. I love my local BB.

I've been thinking about trying it simply because it's free. The main thing holding me back is that it's an MMO and I know that I won't play it enough to justify even my gas to/from BB assuming they even let me walk out of there with them for free (which they should since they're not on sale).

I know this sounds dumb but wtf is a penny guide?

[quote name='typical guy']I know this sounds dumb but wtf is a penny guide?[/QUOTE]

Once game guides have been out for a while, they reach 'end of life'(meaning there's a slim chance they might still sell for MSRP), so Best Buy, Gamestop and Gamecrazy(and on a rare occasion Blockbuster)mark these guides as a penny in the system.

If you find those on the shelf at these stores, there is a 50/50 chance they'll sell them to you for that price, but you may also get shot down on them(or they'll pull some register magic and mark them back up to full price).

I maintain the thread on CAG for 'Reduced Price Guides' and there was just a drop(including two PC games) at Gamestop just this week.:D

Check out the thread when you get a chance...;)

rule they "made up"? It says right on the coupon you can't use it on sale items and you knew that. You're the douche trying to get 3 games for free.

And you guys wonder why BB wouldn't reimburse your rewardzone expired points.

Probably looked in your account, saw all the "free " games your greedy ass got and said fuck this guy.

Go ahead an email corporate I'm sure they'll care about a complaint about why you couldn't get FREE GAMES. lol dumbass.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']rule they "made up"? It says right on the coupon you can't use it on sale items and you knew that. You're the douche trying to get 3 games for free.

Probably looked in your account, saw all the "free " games your greedy ass got and said fuck this guy.

Go ahead an email corporate I'm sure they'll care about a complaint about why you couldn't get FREE GAMES. lol dumbass.[/QUOTE]

But (as was posted earlier) it was not "on sale". It was a price drop to $10 so the $10 coupon is valid and can be used on the game.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']rule they "made up"? It says right on the coupon you can't use it on sale items and you knew that. You're the douche trying to get 3 games for free.

Go ahead an email corporate I'm sure they'll care about a complaint about why you couldn't get FREE GAMES. lol dumbass.[/QUOTE]

Um, its a legit coupon and the game is not on sale nor on clearance or anything. So how about you stop and think before you talk next time.

[quote name='Estebon']Um, its a legit coupon and the game is not on sale nor on clearance or anything. So how about you stop and think before you talk next time.[/QUOTE]

I love how you guys think you should get shit free. It's obviously a mistake. If it works fine. If it doesn't stop bitching about it.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']I love how you guys think you should get shit free. It's obviously a mistake. If it works fine. If it doesn't stop bitching about it.[/QUOTE]

The coupon has been out for a while and the game sucks (bad reviews and tons of copies left).

I don't see the game advertised on sale anywhere.

I don't think marking the game down to 10 was a mistake.

[quote name='nixmahn']The coupon has been out for a while and the game sucks (bad reviews and tons of copies left).

I don't see the game advertised on sale anywhere.

I don't think marking the game down to 10 was a mistake.[/QUOTE]

no I mean going down to $10 while having a $10 coupon for it. I'm sure it sucks donkey balls but they doesn't mean they wanna give away 3 copies per person.

bread's done
Back