Reward Zone Members: 10% off all regular-priced games, movies and music

The thing that annoys me is that they basically disqualify 95% of the stuff you would want, at least the big purchase stuff (note - video game software, hardware, and accessories not eligible)-

Markdowns taken from regular prices. Not valid on sale prices and any other coupons or offers. Excludes Bose® audio products;
Polk Audio; Power Price items; Sony OLED, XBR7, XBR8 and XBR9 TVs; Home Theater Delivery; Apple® iPod; Microsoft Zune MP3
players; Wacom accessories; Harman Kardon/JBL computer speakers; HP ink; Sony D-SLR cameras, lenses and flashes; unlocked
phones; contract mobile phones; Fender® and Squier® musical instruments; video game software; video game hardware and accessories;
digital music services and download cards; Electrolux major appliances; Hoover® Platinum Collection™ Floorcare; Magnolia Home
Theater products: Bose®, SpeakerCraft®, Vienna Acoustics, MartinLogan, BDI furniture, Magnolia® Guaranteed Performance Agreement
and special order merchandise; Outlet Center items; special order, clearance, demo and open-box items; gift cards; taxes. Selection
varies by store. Limit 1 offer per coupon, per household. Valid on in store and in stock items only. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the
U.S.A.; excludes stores in Puerto Rico. Online and in-store offer may vary. Not valid on any BestBuy.com order, including store pickup.
Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. Cash value is 1/100th of 1 cent. Coupon
must be presented at time of purchase. Coupon valid 8/14/09–8/17/09. JS1

I was hopeful for a second that I could get 10% off an Xbox 360 Arcade Unit when i saw the email about this to replace the one that red ringed.

Actually, does anyone know of a decent B&M sale to pick up a 360 this week or on sale next week? I havent seen any but no harm in asking.

My friend's just red ringed too, it's really sad that they can't figure out how to put whats basically a PC together without it breaking inside a year.

[quote name='Hellhunt']The thing that annoys me is that they basically disqualify 95% of the stuff you would want, at least the big purchase stuff (note - video game software, hardware, and accessories not eligible)-
[/QUOTE]

If you scroll down, the 2nd coupon is valid for video game software and accessories.

Thanks for the post OP. Gonna pick up Uncharted this weekend when it hits the GH price and prolly an extra Wii motion plus and a few World of Warcraft game cards.

EDIT: FYI, Best Buy has an ongoing promotion where you get an extra $10 Reward Certificate (on top of your regular rewards) for every $150 you spend on gaming purchases if you're registered with their Reward Zone Gamer's Club.

Too bad you can't stack the 10% off Madden coupon with the RZ Gamers Club $10 GC with Madden '10 purchase coupon.

It might be worth a try, but the 10% off coupon clearly nixes this idea in the disclaimer at the bottom.

They mailed out coupons that are 10% off on actual items int he store.

I'm gonna use it on a points card for shadow complex and trials, it's not much, but $5 off is $5 off(the $50 points one- Still need mothership zeta too)

The coupons do stack with any sales pricing currently in the ad flier, though they only work on PM's with manager approval, since the PM being done screws up any coupon use.

Thanks OP i'll be using the 10% coupon when I go tomorrow. I've been meaning to go all week but never made it yet. Maybe my cheapy senses were tingling? :)

[quote name='EvilIA']Looks like I'm getting Uncharted this weekend after the GH pricing.[/QUOTE]

Ditto! *high fives*

Damn. IIRC, it's being a while since BB has had this coupon. I remember when I actually thought this coupon was awesome. Now I know better.

Sorry for thread-crapping.

Any chance I would be able to apply this to a netbook (Samsung N120)?

It doesnt seem to be mentioned, but it also isnt mentioned in the exclusions....

[quote name='Gunz4sale']Can this be used on MS point cards? I need some points badly.[/QUOTE]

The guy who checked me out said the points cards don't count as an accessory, but he didn't bother scanning it -- in retrospect, I should have made him try it anyway, because I'm pretty sure it would have worked. But i only picked up a 1600 point card, and I didn't feel like fighting with him for $2. I already had a $10 reward certificate to redeem.

[quote name='shiftomnimega']I just got a Pre from BB last week. I wonder if they'll let me retroactively use a coupon...[/QUOTE]It says it's not on past purchases, though most reps I've run into, they'll just do a return-and-rebuy on it. Regardless if it's open or not, as long as it's within the return period, they should take care of it.

They have a yearly "friends and family" sale, after hours usually in December and they have the same damn stipulations on that "sale."

[quote name='ASLplease']Do you guys think I can price match like inFamous for $49.99, then use the 10% coupon?[/QUOTE]

HIGHLY unlikely. You might get a CSR willing to do it but it's against policy. I've never had anyone willing to do it.. you get PM or coupon.

[quote name='ASLplease']Do you guys think I can price match like inFamous for $49.99, then use the 10% coupon?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Justin42']HIGHLY unlikely. You might get a CSR willing to do it but it's against policy. I've never had anyone willing to do it.. you get PM or coupon.[/QUOTE]

There's another irritant to trying to do the PM + coupon on a purchase, besides the coupon says it can't be used with other promotions. When someone does a PM, either by manually adjusting the price or doing a PM through the register's PM function, any coupons on the purchase are nullified. You would have to have someone manually adjust the price down to $44.99 (10% off PM'd price of $49.99). Which isn't likely to happen.

[quote name='shrike4242']The coupons do stack with any sales pricing currently in the ad flier, though they only work on PM's with manager approval, since the PM being done screws up any coupon use.[/QUOTE]

Could be a YMMV, but I picked up "I Love You, Man" and they wouldn't apply the 10% since it was already on sale. They used to apply it manually, the cashier said it was the new policy...still, I'll call it YMMV until it appears more widespread.

I don't remember (read: too lazy to dig through but not to type this disclaimer) from past 10% off threads, but does anybody here know if the coupon will work with the Rock Band 2 special bundles which are currently price dropped to $99.99?

Granted, 10% off = sales tax is 'free' in CA, but adding ~100 points to the RZ Gamers Club is a nice bonus on an already nice price drop.

[quote name='halvorsb']Could be a YMMV, but I picked up "I Love You, Man" and they wouldn't apply the 10% since it was already on sale. They used to apply it manually, the cashier said it was the new policy...still, I'll call it YMMV until it appears more widespread.[/QUOTE]

I've had zero luck trying to do a PM + one of these coupons. Doesn't matter if it's a DVD, game, or whatever.

[quote name='halvorsb']Could be a YMMV, but I picked up "I Love You, Man" and they wouldn't apply the 10% since it was already on sale. They used to apply it manually, the cashier said it was the new policy...still, I'll call it YMMV until it appears more widespread.[/QUOTE]I've never had any issues with the cashier scanning the coupon for use on an item on-sale, and done so over a number of years. Admittedly, it's been a couple of months or so since I used one, so the policy may have changed.

I'd agree it on it being YMMV on it not working until we get more confirmations about it.

I had trouble for the first time ever using the coupon + sales price as well. It refused to take on 2 items-- one was clearance, one was on sale (hard drive and a movie). Never had an issue before using the coupons so I didn't think anything of it, but it didn't take anything off either one. She gave me the 10% off the clearance item but wouldn't do the Bluray because "it's already on sale". I assume if she knew the HD was on clearance she wouldn't have taken it off that either.

So BB seems to have actually figured out how to make their registers honor the terms of the coupon. Fair, but disappointing. :(

(it's one of those things that since it's NEVER been enforced in the YEARS BB has had these sorts of coupons I kinda gave up on worrying about the terms and conditions ;) )

Was it an internal hard drive? Those are normally excluded on all coupons. Exception was last week's RZ Premier Silver coupon for 10% off all computer accessories and hard drives.

New release movies are always excluded as well.

If you have a legitimate complaint, just e-mail Customer Service. I had an issue last week with the above mentioned coupon and they are sending me the difference in the form of a gift card. Only had a problem because the hard drive wasn't ringing up at the proper price so it had to be manually price adjusted, but coupons can't be stacked with a price match...

[quote name='MootPoon817']Can you use the coupon to get MS points?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you can. I was running low and need some. I picked up two 4000 pt cards last night. It only gave me the discount on one for some reason, but the cashier overrode the other price and I got walked out of the door for $90.

[quote name='whymustiregister']Was it an internal hard drive? Those are normally excluded on all coupons. Exception was last week's RZ Premier Silver coupon for 10% off all computer accessories and hard drives.

New release movies are always excluded as well.

If you have a legitimate complaint, just e-mail Customer Service. I had an issue last week with the above mentioned coupon and they are sending me the difference in the form of a gift card. Only had a problem because the hard drive wasn't ringing up at the proper price so it had to be manually price adjusted, but coupons can't be stacked with a price match...[/QUOTE]

Nope, external HD, and The Devil Wears Prada BR... so nothing that should have been invalidated except for the sale/clearance. Not going to contact customer service because it IS in the terms of the coupon...

I'm half tempted to run out to pick up some of the Studio Ghibli movies on sale just to try it again. (they're on sale but not in the ad, might be classified differently?)

[quote name='Justin42']I had trouble for the first time ever using the coupon + sales price as well. It refused to take on 2 items . . .[/QUOTE]

I had a similar issue last month with a RZ Silver coupon. Matt Hazard and Madagascar 2 were both listed on the coupon, AND it said "up to 3" on it. Now, of they meant "up to 3" of the same game, that doesn't make sense to me. I read it as 3 games.

I digress. It gave me the discount on one game, but not the other. Cashier went to a supervisor, no joy. I had to buy them separately to get the discount.:bomb: But I did get both!:bouncy:

Anyone else have problems like this? Any answers?

[quote name='Shagrath']Yes, you can. I was running low and need some. I picked up two 4000 pt cards last night. It only gave me the discount on one for some reason, but the cashier overrode the other price and I got walked out of the door for $90.[/QUOTE]

The same exact thing happened to me as well.

[quote name='quest1962']I had a similar issue last month with a RZ Silver coupon. Matt Hazard and Madagascar 2 were both listed on the coupon, AND it said "up to 3" on it. Now, of they meant "up to 3" of the same game, that doesn't make sense to me. I read it as 3 games.

I digress. It gave me the discount on one game, but not the other. Cashier went to a supervisor, no joy. I had to buy them separately to get the discount.:bomb: But I did get both!:bouncy:

Anyone else have problems like this? Any answers?[/QUOTE]

I've had quantity problems before (they didn't like me getting 2 free "You're In The Movies" with webcam ;) ) but I think that's a different issue than if it finally recognizes when items are on sale and rejects the coupon (Which is in line with the terms of the coupon but it's never been enforced before)

Just as an update the coupon worked on the 4000 point card. It took some talking, but when I got the guy to enter the stuff in properly it worked.

[quote name='shrike4242']It says it's not on past purchases, though most reps I've run into, they'll just do a return-and-rebuy on it. Regardless if it's open or not, as long as it's within the return period, they should take care of it.[/QUOTE]

Also, regarding the Pre price adjust, the CSR just treated it as a pricematch... took 10 seconds, tops. What's even cooler is that our state had a tax free weekend at the time that I bought it and the guy didn't take taxes for the purchase today. :bouncy:

Where is the coupon from? I clicked the link but it states in the fine print no copies. If it was mailed it's kind of crappy that 2 reward zone members that live here haven't seen anything about it.

just got it to work on a 1600pt card. guy didn't scan it, just entered it manually. i didn't even have to ask.

[quote name='EvilIA']Looks like I'm getting Uncharted this weekend after the GH pricing.[/QUOTE]

Me too! Might grab a 1600 point card also :D

I picked up three items with my 10% off coupon today:

Tron 20th Anniversary DVD (Want to watch this before Tron Legacy drops): $13.49
Rayman Raving Rabbids (Wii): $13.49
Kirby $24 (This was already price-matching Target)

[quote name='Spyder1970']Where is the coupon from? I clicked the link but it states in the fine print no copies. If it was mailed it's kind of crappy that 2 reward zone members that live here haven't seen anything about it.[/QUOTE]

It was e-mailed by BB. RZ Premier Silver members also got a snail mailed version that's good from 8/14-8/23, including a 12% off coupon.

[quote name='whymustiregister']It was e-mailed by BB. RZ Premier Silver members also got a snail mailed version that's good from 8/14-8/23, including a 12% off coupon.[/QUOTE]

I actually got a snail mail version in lieu of the email. It lacked the Palm Pre coupon and the 12% coupon though.

[quote name='Jodou']Not a bad coupon to pick up Uncharted with.[/QUOTE]
I tried that today without any luck. I tried to explain that it was a price drop and not on sale. They stated that if the register did not accept it on the item, there was nothing they could do. It wasn't a big deal because I knew I could get it from Amazon for the same price with ECA. So I came home and order it from Amazon instead. I originally wanted to get it from BBY because I have a bunch of RZ certs I need to burn.

[quote name='shogun316']I don't remember (read: too lazy to dig through but not to type this disclaimer) from past 10% off threads, but does anybody here know if the coupon will work with the Rock Band 2 special bundles which are currently price dropped to $99.99?

Granted, 10% off = sales tax is 'free' in CA, but adding ~100 points to the RZ Gamers Club is a nice bonus on an already nice price drop.[/QUOTE]

Well, guess I answered my own question. :drool:

YES, anyone who wishes to get the Rock Band 2 Special Bundles for 10% off are free to do so, the coupon works. Got the 360 version today, and I should correct myself in that one would get ~90 BBRZ points instead. This option is a good alternative for CAGs who don't have the Amazon ECA 10% discount or don't want to have a giant ass box sitting at their front door if ordered online (at whatever price).

[quote name='no_exit']I tried that today without any luck. I tried to explain that it was a price drop and not on sale. They stated that if the register did not accept it on the item, there was nothing they could do. It wasn't a big deal because I knew I could get it from Amazon for the same price with ECA. So I came home and order it from Amazon instead. I originally wanted to get it from BBY because I have a bunch of RZ certs I need to burn.[/QUOTE]
Oh, now that's BS. I'd have asked for a manager, since the ad clearly states 'after price drop'. But, as you said, Amazon was there to cradle your fall.

Keep it up, Best Buy, you're going to be the next CC.

bread's done
Back