litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Valid for the next six Wednesdays for Silver members

http://myrewardzone.com/DoublePoints

---

Wednesdays are More Rewarding
Shop for the holidays and get 2X points on all your in-store purchases every Wednesday until the end of the year. Only for Premier Silver members like you. Must claim offer to redeem.

Offer expires: 12/26/2012

Experience the rewards of giving this season. As a Premier Silver member you get 2X points on all in-store purchases made on Wednesdays, now through 12/26/12. Enjoy our gift to you as you shop for others this holiday season.

Offer available at Best Buy® stores only.

To redeem, you must claim offer and provide Reward Zone member number at purchase.

Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership. Reward Zone members will get 2X their base points. Bonus points will not be multiplied. Bonus points not awarded for gift card purchases. Members earn 2 points for every $1 spent on a qualifying purchase. Valid on in-stock items only. No rainchecks. Not valid at BestBuy.com®. Excludes clearance, open-box and Marketplace items. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Reward Zone member number or claim coupon must be presented at time of purchase.
Offer valid 11/18/12-12/26/12

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cubeenigma']great deal but I use GCs and RZ certs / Shopkick certs so I won't get points :/ what a shame!
thanks anyways[/QUOTE]
U can convert the gc to pre-paid visa then buy walmart gc's to convert into walmart pre-paid visa which earn points again. Factor in $10 in fees but if u have tons of credit the promos make it work

[quote name='prayformojo']I bought a Wii U yesterday, so I am interested to see if I actually get the 2X points, the store reps were pretty confused when I presented them the coupon.[/QUOTE]

it's a common thing with cashiers. can't blame them, it's management.

I'm a RZ Silver. No BB Credit Card. anyway, I plan on getting the blue 3ds xl on wednesday..

199 points for the XL
199 for the double for games
398 for the 2x points promo

so will i end up with 796 points, plus the bonus 25% ???

[quote name='WilsonWade']I'm a RZ Silver. No BB Credit Card. anyway, I plan on getting the blue 3ds xl on wednesday..

199 points for the XL
199 for the double for games
398 for the 2x points promo

so will i end up with 796 points, plus the bonus 25% ???[/QUOTE]

I don't think the double points on gaming works on hardware, just on software.

I've read in the thread that the coupon is just your reward zone #? So do I actually need to use it or am I good as long as I clicked "claim" on the website?

[quote name='maximumzero']I've read in the thread that the coupon is just your reward zone #? So do I actually need to use it or am I good as long as I clicked "claim" on the website?[/QUOTE]

You should be. The fine print says "Cashier Instructions: 1) Scan member number barcode below or look up member."

It's not clear if this can be used more than once.. it says limit 1 time offer per customer..

is that one time per week or 1 time forever?? it's not clear

Made a purchase last night and had the cashier scan the coupon.

Don't see anything on my receipt specifically mentioning double points. Here's hoping it worked.

FWIW, I called up RZ and asked about the double points for this not showing on my pending points transactions. They said that because it's a promotion and not a coupon, that it won't show up until the points post. I'm watching my first Wed purchase like a hawk to see if it posts with double points or not.

[quote name='litepink']Did you ‘claim’ the offer ahead of time?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='Keen314']FWIW, I called up RZ and asked about the double points for this not showing on my pending points transactions. They said that because it's a promotion and not a coupon, that it won't show up until the points post. I'm watching my first Wed purchase like a hawk to see if it posts with double points or not.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm going to do as well, wait it out.

What's an easy way of becoming a reward zone silver member without buying $2,500/yr? I heard you can buy prepaid visas somehow there? Cause I spend at least $200/mo on my cellphone and $150/mo on cable/internet.

[quote name='Linkgx1']What's an easy way of becoming a reward zone silver member without buying $2,500/yr? I heard you can buy prepaid visas somehow there? Cause I spend at least $200/mo on my cellphone and $150/mo on cable/internet.[/QUOTE]

Maybe get a RZ MasterCard, which gives RZ points, and use it to pay your bills?

[quote name='pacifickarma']Maybe get a RZ MasterCard, which gives RZ points, and use it to pay your bills?[/QUOTE]
Didn't know it gave you points on non BB purchaes.

So i went to BBY this past Wednesday, bought a Dre Headphone 199.99 and King Kong 9.99, I handed them the print out of the 2x point to redeem. The cashier told me it had gone through. But it doesn't show on the receipt nor on my rz account of the double points.. is it me? or is that how it suppose to go?

[quote name='WilsonWade']So i went to BBY this past Wednesday, bought a Dre Headphone 199.99 and King Kong 9.99, I handed them the print out of the 2x point to redeem. The cashier told me it had gone through. But it doesn't show on the receipt nor on my rz account of the double points.. is it me? or is that how it suppose to go?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like other people have been having a similar experience with it not showing up.

[quote name='Linkgx1']What's an easy way of becoming a reward zone silver member without buying $2,500/yr? I heard you can buy prepaid visas somehow there? Cause I spend at least $200/mo on my cellphone and $150/mo on cable/internet.[/QUOTE]Instead of paying the bills like u normally do buy two $200 visas for $411.90(there's no tax just the fees) & pay the bills using the cards. If u do this for 6 months that's $2471 spent & you'll have earned $45 back in RZ certs which helps negate some of the $71 in fees.
But just by doing this strategy u earn RZ points like ur buying @ BB & once ur silver the fees are offset completely. Getting cards during these types of promos where ur big "purchases" is 2X, 3X, 4X really works out nice. I'll take $1000 & turn that into credit & pay alot of bills then in 30 days enjoy the big RZ point payoff.

For those who haven't done a promo like this before, generally nothing shows till the points post or you'll see a coupon code on the RZ site for the transaction that states "RZ bonus promo" or something along those lines then the added post show up in the transaction or a linked seperate RZ transaction on the same day.

Points showed up in my account today (though not redeemable yet) no double points outside of my standard credit card double points to be seen.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Didn't know it gave you points on non BB purchaes.[/QUOTE]

Even without the credit card, you can get points through the Reward Zone Online Mall where there are dozens of major retailers participating.

For instance, I just log in through my RWZ account and order my aunt her contacts via 1800contact's website and get 3 points per dollar spent.

Question. They email a coupon for the x2 point Wednesdays, but the member # is wrong. Im also not a Premier Silver member, but was wondering if the coupon code on the bottom is the same for everyone else or is it different.
Would the coupon work even if Im not a silver member and going to a different reward #?

Here is the coupon:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx763221

My first 2x point Wednesday transaction has posted, and the extra points are not there. Calling up RZ now.

edit: They're now saying the extra points will post 45 days after the purchase. FFFFFFFFUUUUU---

My pick up of far cry 2x didn't post from last week either, but the regular points are pending as well as the bonus 1k from preorder.

I made a small purchase today, and was spying on the cashier monitor. I noticed there was a prompt. Sure enough when my receipt printed out, the top line reads "solutions plus" followed by number codes and "cpn". Next line reads "2x points every Wednesday all pu" followed by the items purchased.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']My pick up of far cry 2x didn't post from last week either, but the regular points are pending as well as the bonus 1k from preorder.

I made a small purchase today, and was spying on the cashier monitor. I noticed there was a prompt. Sure enough when my receipt printed out, the top line reads "solutions plus" followed by number codes and "cpn". Next line reads "2x points every Wednesday all pu" followed by the items purchased.[/QUOTE]
Same here (about Far Cry), I guess the whole pre-order/exchange thing somehow didn't produce the on-screen prompt. I watched my FC3 transaction like a hawk to make sure they did it as an exchange and added the DLC SKU. I did not see a the prompt. I guess it's time to call. Thanks for the info.

BTW, you think it was a douch move for me to request the seasonal/new BB employee to have a regular employee do my transaction? I asked nicely. :)

[quote name='klimb22']No. It just needed to be claimed on the RZ page.[/QUOTE]

thanks. Punisher's post confused me for a second there.

Once u "claim" the offer on the RZ site & have the coupon scanned during a transaction on a Weds. all other transactions that day will should reflect the promo. I made 5 purchases & used the coupon once it shows on all 5 in the RZ site & on 3 receipts.

I think silver members may see the promo points(pending) appear faster just like what's been happening with the $20 credits.

The promo can be done unlimited amount of times/more than 1 Weds. just make sure u follow this sequence:
1-Claim the offer on the RZ site FIRST(Even if you already did it for a previous Weds.)
2-Have the coupon(s) scanned during ur 1st purchase of the day
2A-If you've been having issues already and/or aren't silver use a coupon for each transaction.

If u don't see the "2X points" promo on the receipt and/or RZ site after 30 days call & have the amount of points that you're owed calculated so the RZ team can issue them direct to ur account. They may say wait 45 days but it depedns on the CSR, however f u tell them ur ready to make a purchase & ur waiting on the points that usually will make the credit them right then(up to 24 hrs).

[quote name='klimb22']Same here (about Far Cry), I guess the whole pre-order/exchange thing somehow didn't produce the on-screen prompt. I watched my FC3 transaction like a hawk to make sure they did it as an exchange and added the DLC SKU. I did not see a the prompt. I guess it's time to call. Thanks for the info.

BTW, you think it was a douch move for me to request the seasonal/new BB employee to have a regular employee do my transaction? I asked nicely. :)[/QUOTE]
Sorry for the late response, but I don't think that was a douche move. You were just making sure the transaction was executed correctly.

Originally I did not get the bonus; however, today out of nowhere the extra points posted, hope this works out for everyone else on the thread as well. I never called or complained they just hit on their own.

I did get the bonus for mine. Except not in a normal way. Original transaction disappeared and now I have 2 $0 transactions that say Wednesday double points with 71 points each.

[quote name='gossamer']I did get the bonus for mine. Except not in a normal way. Original transaction disappeared and now I have 2 $0 transactions that say Wednesday double points with 71 points each.[/QUOTE]
Was the 2x points thing on your receipt?

Noticed an extra 1k sitting there in the good old rz account.

Good thing I preordered FC3 and picked it up on Wednesday instead of release day. That is where the extra 1k came from!

BB killed it for me this Christmas. After next week's 2nd FC3 PM, I will have paid zero out of pocket for this game.

BB GCU rocks, but not sure how long they can sustain this as a company. Works for us, but I guess we'll find out when they release earnings data next quarter.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Noticed an extra 1k sitting there in the good old rz account.

Good thing I preordered FC3 and picked it up on Wednesday instead of release day. That is where the extra 1k came from!

BB killed it for me this Christmas. After next week's 2nd FC3 PM, I will have paid zero out of pocket for this game.

BB GCU rocks, but not sure how long they can sustain this as a company. Works for us, but I guess we'll find out when they release earnings data next quarter.[/QUOTE]
Same here. The 2x points thing was not on my receipt at the time of pickup, but I got an extra 1188 points for picking up Far Cry 3 on Wednesday after release.

[quote name='klimb22']Was the 2x points thing on your receipt?[/QUOTE]

Nothing on the receipt about it. I think it doubled my silver bonus too. Purchase was for $56 and they gave me two posts for 71 points each.

Wish I would have remembered this past wednesday. I want an eShop card but I don't think going to Best Buy the day after Christmas is the best idea.

Holyshitballs it doubled the ENTIRE transaction.

Here's the points breakdown:

3DS: 129
RZ Credit Card Bonus: 129
Premier 25% Bonus: 32
Reward Zone Credit Card Premier Bonus: 32
Total: 322

And then it doubled that for a total of 644 points.

That's amazing, not only did I not expect to get both premier bonuses (I assumed using a credit card would override the standard 25% silver bonus instead of it giving me both.) but I doubt it would just add on another 129 points.

On top of that I'll be getting a $25 RZ cerrtificate for making my first purchase on the credit card, meaning I just netted about $35 in bonuses on a $129 purchase.

My double points showed up out of nowhere.

Also, I asked customer service a while back why I didn't get my double points and the person gave me a manual adjustment that was more than I was supposed to be getting, so I probably came out ahead triple after all this. Not that I'm complaining.

Well damn, now I wish I had waited a few days on a recent purchase. I bought a new Airport Express as my old one was having issues with my Wii U. Had I waited a few days I would have netted a $10 reward certificate off the purchase.

Just wondering but I'm $94 dollars short of becoming a silver member. Can I just buy something that's $94 and then return it once it says I've become a silver member?

[quote name='maximumzero']Wish I would have remembered this past wednesday. I want an eShop card but I don't think going to Best Buy the day after Christmas is the best idea.[/QUOTE]I've done shopping on all the crazy days over the last 4-5 yrs & this yr has been very very relaxed compared to previous ones. I live in the Philly PA area for reference so it's defintely a highly populated area.

[quote name='maximumzero']Holyshitballs it doubled the ENTIRE transaction.

Here's the points breakdown:

3DS: 129
RZ Credit Card Bonus: 129
Premier 25% Bonus: 32
Reward Zone Credit Card Premier Bonus: 32
Total: 322

And then it doubled that for a total of 644 points.

That's amazing, not only did I not expect to get both premier bonuses (I assumed using a credit card would override the standard 25% silver bonus instead of it giving me both.) but I doubt it would just add on another 129 points.

On top of that I'll be getting a $25 RZ cerrtificate for making my first purchase on the credit card, meaning I just netted about $35 in bonuses on a $129 purchase.[/QUOTE]there's nothing that overrides the silver bonus think of it as the 10% discount that GS gives no matter what promo it's still there. Keep in mind whenever there's deals like these DO THEM the bonuses really ad up even on smaller purchases.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Just wondering but I'm $94 dollars short of becoming a silver member. Can I just buy something that's $94 and then return it once it says I've become a silver member?[/QUOTE]LOL, and you think that BB won't still deduct the $94 once u return it this negating ur silver status. Keep in mind there's a delay between the purchase that makes u silver & silver actually showing on ur account.
It's the holiday season so I'll help u out & you'll still keep the $94. ust purchase a pre-paid visa for $100 or $94 + $5.95 fee. Use the $94 for whatever you were going to before & you'll be a silver member for $5.95.
Happy Holidays

bread's done
Back