RewardZone Mastercard Question

DarkRider23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I know that there are other CAGs out there that have this card, and HSBC just keeps giving me the run around and not answering my question, so I'll just ask CAG.

About 2 weeks ago, I applied so I could charge my Rebel XS on the card and it ended up being $486'ish. $14 off the limit for the card... I sent a payment in full to HSBC and it posted well over 9 days ago, but they put a damn hold on my account of $485. I've asked them multiple times and I've gotten no clear answer. It's quite inconvenient because I do shop at BBY a lot and would like to use the card for the rewards.

Anyone run into something similar? I'm just finding this to be weird. My parents have a card from HSBC and payments go through/post pretty quickly. None of my other cards do this either, so I'm really at a loss as to why they would do this.

My limit is like $5000, so I have never actually ran across this problem, but this is just a standard credit card problem.

If you're over your limit, the only thing you can do is call them up and tell them you will pay the overdrawn fee and they'll release it and charge the fee to your card, but be warned its like $35-$50.

But I think the only other option is to ask them if you could pay off part of the balance that way you can get it under the limit again.

The difficult thing is that HSBC is not super helpful with these kind of things, since I have had to deal with them in the past before, not for this, but they just aren't user friendly.

I never went over my limit. I got close to it and then just paid it all off. It is currently all paid off with my balance at $0, but they just won't give me my credit back. That's the main problem.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I never went over my limit. I got close to it and then just paid it all off. It is currently all paid off with my balance at $0, but they just won't give me my credit back. That's the main problem.[/QUOTE]

I just had the exact same thing happen with my Reward Zone Mastercard. I spoke with a supervisor, and they basically told me there was nothing I could do except to wait. They kept telling me "there's no guarantee that we'll get your money." Bullshit! It had already cleared my bank account, and it was an online electronic payment through their own website. You pretty much just have to wait it out. HSBC is horrible.

[quote name='scott2hotcott']I just had the exact same thing happen with my Reward Zone Mastercard. I spoke with a supervisor, and they basically told me there was nothing I could do except to wait. They kept telling me "there's no guarantee that we'll get your money." Bullshit! It had already cleared my bank account, and it was an online electronic payment through their own website. You pretty much just have to wait it out. HSBC is horrible.[/QUOTE]

At least now I know I'm not the only one =/. Just 4 more days until I finally have credit on that card again. What an inconvenience. Had I known they would do this to me, I probably would have just applied for anything else especially since they gave me such a shitty limit.

bread's done
Back