rez (used) in-stock @ ebgames.com & gamestop.com

Looks like GQD is finally unloading all their extra copies of Rez.

Check out the store locator for Rez, half of the stores in my zip code (33710) are expecting copies.

So this deal will be in store as well very very soon, probably in time for the buy 2 get 1 free. Makes me wonder if this is some kind of trick on EB / GS's part, for people to go "OMG they finally got a copy of Rez I might as well get two other games with it!!"

[quote name='Roufuss']Looks like GQD is finally unloading all their extra copies of Rez.

Check out the store locator for Rez, half of the stores in my zip code (33710) are expecting copies.

So this deal will be in store as well very very soon, probably in time for the buy 2 get 1 free. Makes me wonder if this is some kind of trick on EB / GS's part, for people to go "OMG they finally got a copy of Rez I might as well get two other games with it!!"[/QUOTE]

Check out the store locator with my zip code(10002) and many of them are expecting copies.It seems like gamestop purchase a large amount of rez from gamedirect.The gamestop and eb are still having trouble get rid of persona 2 almost every store has a copy,even stores that doesn't carry ps1.

eb used games NOW MAY NOT come with box or instruction manual. Can't buy it online any more even with 25% discount unless you don't care with box or instruction manual.

My gamestops seem to be restocking but not the eb's. They seem to be slower like with persona 2 and rhapsody; it took a few weeks before they started showing up. They're still sitting on the shelves.

[quote name='ying138']eb used games NOW MAY NOT come with box or instruction manual. Can't buy it online any more even with 25% discount unless you don't care with box or instruction manual.[/QUOTE]
Can't get a 25% discount anymore anyway. It's about the same price buying in store and online now.

[quote name='Damian']Can't get a 25% discount anymore anyway. It's about the same price buying in store and online now.[/QUOTE]

That's rediculous! That's the reason I renewed my EDGE card so I could get the 25% off online with CAG15....I'm freaking mad now! I never used it in the store that much so this sucks. Screw EB/GS!

I don't see why you wouldn't want to just get this from qamequest, since you can get it $5 cheaper from their site with free shipping using cagfreeship. Plus, you'll for sure get shrinkwrapped.

I've had great experience with gamequestdirect. I haven't gotten in on any of the reprints but there have been a few times where they have had the cheapest price on a game and I can get the free shipping. Also since I live in Southern California it only takes a day for the items to get shipped to me.

[quote name='stalfosking']I don't see why you wouldn't want to just get this from qamequest, since you can get it $5 cheaper from their site with free shipping using cagfreeship. Plus, you'll for sure get shrinkwrapped.

I've had great experience with gamequestdirect. I haven't gotten in on any of the reprints but there have been a few times where they have had the cheapest price on a game and I can get the free shipping. Also since I live in Southern California it only takes a day for the items to get shipped to me.[/QUOTE]

this is a huge can of worms that i predict is going to explode open right about... now!

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']this is a huge can of worms that i predict is going to explode open right about... now![/QUOTE]

Well, I haven't paid much attention to the reprint threads since the games haven't interested me that much. I'd like to know why people hate qamequest so much?

$28.99 for ICO, $49.99 for San Andreas for PS2 and $29.99 for Silent Hill(the original) for the PS1. Now, I think I understand why people hate on GameQuest Direct.

I mean, unless you've been living under a rock or are a little stupid and just plunk $$$ down on the first copy of a game you see, then people should know these prices are inflated. WAY inflated.

San Andreas is now GH, ICO is 10 bucks at Sears and can be had for 17 or so from GS/EB(used) and Silent Hill can also be had for CHEAP anymore.

Anyway, thats my rant........as for Rez, I've looked into the game, but it doesn't look like my kind of title.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']$28.99 for ICO, $49.99 for San Andreas for PS2 and $29.99 for Silent Hill(the original) for the PS1. Now, I think I understand why people hate on GameQuest Direct.

I mean, unless you've been living under a rock or are a little stupid and just plunk $$$ down on the first copy of a game you see, then people should know these prices are inflated. WAY inflated.

San Andreas is now GH, ICO is 10 bucks at Sears and can be had for 17 or so from GS/EB(used) and Silent Hill can also be had for CHEAP anymore.

Anyway, thats my rant........as for Rez, I've looked into the game, but it doesn't look like my kind of title.[/QUOTE]

I agree that some of their prices are rediculous, but they do have some good deals on select games, I got Guitar Hero a week or so ago $15 cheaper than you can get it at EB or Gamestop. Plus they have some games that are hard to find elsewhere, some with good prices and some that are rediculously priced. In this case you can get Rez cheaper than the links above.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']$28.99 for ICO, $49.99 for San Andreas for PS2 and $29.99 for Silent Hill(the original) for the PS1. Now, I think I understand why people hate on GameQuest Direct.

Anyway, thats my rant........as for Rez, I've looked into the game, but it doesn't look like my kind of title.[/QUOTE]

GQD defiently marks up some of their stuff from standard retail price but the GTA: SA they are selling for $50 was the original release w/the hot coffee and whatever else was taken out during the re-release.

Ico is $10 at Sears...if you can find it. BTW, thats a rip off because K-mart has it for $8.

I know Rez was in huge demand because of the original limited production, but has anyone actually played that game? I have, and it was awful.

[quote name='MikeyRuin']I know Rez was in huge demand because of the original limited production, but has anyone actually played that game? I have, and it was awful.[/QUOTE]
i like it.

ICO is $28 only because people keep buying it at $28 to have a new and sealed copy. Silent Hill can be find cheap, but can it be found sealed? That's not so easy, and it's why people would pay the extra money. Same with San Andreas... a new and sealed non GH copy? Someone is paying $50 or else GQD wouldn't sell it at $50, they aren't stupid, not by a long shot. Sure, people can go to Sears or K-Mart to find an Ico, but someone's time, gas, and efforts might be worth more then saving $10 - $15 dollars.

If you are going to hate on GQD for smart business tactics, that's kind of dumb. If I found some sealed Silent Hill's, and someone wanted to give me $30 for them, I'd sure as hell take it. People pay alot more just to have something sealed.

My opinion on Rez is that it's stupid and sought after only because it's rare. I owned it before everyone wanting, I didn't see what the big deal was... it's one of those games you experience once and never play again, because once is enough. At least, that's my opinion.

I hate Gamequestdirect because of how they ship their games. My Persona 2 came in a cracked case because they didn't put anything to protect the game in the box. When I emailed them with my complaint, they told me they wouldn't do anything about it, just call UPS. UPS said they couldn't do anything to replace the game because they couldn't find it for sale. I had to buy a game a green tagged syphon filter at TRU to replace the case. Luckily, none of the discs were scratched.

[quote name='MikeyRuin']I know Rez was in huge demand because of the original limited production, but has anyone actually played that game? I have, and it was awful.[/QUOTE]

I have, and I absolutely love it.

yeah its definitely a different type of game. I liked it, and am keeping mine because I play and collect games.

In case anyone forgot why GQD is a bunch of douches, check out THIS quote from them in the Rez reprint thread

"Since i'm the only one who knows the truth about the game. Item has been indeed reprinted, exclusively for gamequest and gamequestdirect. When it came to rhapsody and persona 2. We never claimed it being reprinted or denied it. Everyone came to their own conclusions regarding that game being reprinted or not being reprinted due to the calls made to Atlus which denied any reprints were made. Than Atlus accepted a remake did occur. The truth be told. This game will not be going to Gamestop. You can buy now with free shipping code "rezcag"."

EDIT: And Rez is still overpriced, it's not that good. Amplitude is 100x better

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']In case anyone forgot why GQD is a bunch of douches, check out THIS quote from them in the Rez reprint thread

"Since i'm the only one who knows the truth about the game. Item has been indeed reprinted, exclusively for gamequest and gamequestdirect. When it came to rhapsody and persona 2. We never claimed it being reprinted or denied it. Everyone came to their own conclusions regarding that game being reprinted or not being reprinted due to the calls made to Atlus which denied any reprints were made. Than Atlus accepted a remake did occur. The truth be told. This game will not be going to Gamestop. You can buy now with free shipping code "rezcag"."

EDIT: And Rez is still overpriced, it's not that good. Amplitude is 100x better

Dave[/QUOTE]

well, it seemed like there was a long delay before it finally got to GS/EB...I just saw it for the first time last week personally and it was reprinted a month or 2 ago, right? Maybe it didn't sell well, so they opted to sell copies to GS?

I don't get why everyone villifies GQD on CAG (besides their stupid shipping prices.) They've been instrumental in getting rare games reprinted and killing the overpriced ebay market for them.

"overpriced" = "more than I'm willing to pay".
I don't resent any retailer for selling a product for whatever price it'll go for. There's nothing dishonest about that.

'This game will not be going to Gamestop"

The implication is 'new'. Obviously EB/GS buy/sell used games, and obviously GSD can't control what happens to the games they sell after they've been sold.

Now, the packaging issue--a seller should pack items in a way they are not likely to be damaged in shipment. It sounds like they did the wrong thing there.

Disclaimer: Never bought from GQD, have bought from EB/GS. Don't really care either way.

On-topic: In-store locator :)
"May not come with box or instructions" : (

I saw Rez and Gitarooman at my local Gamestop just shy of a week after being reprinted. The only reason I despise them is because they killed the whole "finding a rare title in the wild" aspect. I enjoyed going to pawn shops and garage sales in hopes of finding that one game that got away (at a good price at that, not $49.99). There really is no point in doing that anymore.

[quote name='dtcarson']

'This game will not be going to Gamestop"

The implication is 'new'. Obviously EB/GS buy/sell used games, and obviously GSD can't control what happens to the games they sell after they've been sold.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong. The implication is not new, as they sold the new copies of this to Gamestop. The reason why Gamestop has to sell them from used is because they don't get them direct from the factory. Anything not factory direct has to be opened and sold as used. See: Rhapsody, Persona 2, Breath of Fire IV, Resident Evil 2 and 3 for cube, Gitaroo man, etc.

Dave

[quote name='Apossum']well, it seemed like there was a long delay before it finally got to GS/EB...I just saw it for the first time last week personally and it was reprinted a month or 2 ago, right? Maybe it didn't sell well, so they opted to sell copies to GS?

I don't get why everyone villifies GQD on CAG (besides their stupid shipping prices.) They've been instrumental in getting rare games reprinted and killing the overpriced ebay market for them.[/QUOTE]

Go read the original Rez thread and perhaps the Rhapsody thread, it pretty much is summed up there. Here's two quotes that should sum it up nicely:

First, from the Rhapsody thread, and the main reason for the hate:

"Okay i'm posting since every one is wondering if this title is a remake or not. The answer is i don't know either. All the answers provided to me are based on speculation, I contacted Atlus when i heard of the rumor, about inventory being available of Persona 2 & Rhapsody. Atlus claims no remake, and that is what my understanding of the situation is. The inventory is almost out of both titles, quite a few hoarders who were buying to speculate canceled. We had single orders of 50+ plus copies, which we canceled, we are trying to prevent hoarders from buying this title to a certain extent. That is why you are seeing more inventory available."

I've dissected that paragraph of bullshit multiple times before, no need to do it again. Then this is later from GQD, in the Rez thread:

"Since i'm the only one who knows the truth about the game. Item has been indeed reprinted, exclusively for gamequest and gamequestdirect. When it came to rhapsody and persona 2. We never claimed it being reprinted or denied it. Everyone came to their own conclusions regarding that game being reprinted or not being reprinted due to the calls made to Atlus which denied any reprints were made. Than Atlus accepted a remake did occur. The truth be told."

As I said, if this was Best Buy or Walmart pulling this kind of shit this entire site would become a giant lynch mob

Dave

[quote name='stalfosking']I agree that some of their prices are rediculous, but they do have some good deals on select games, I got Guitar Hero a week or so ago $15 cheaper than you can get it at EB or Gamestop. Plus they have some games that are hard to find elsewhere, some with good prices and some that are rediculously priced. In this case you can get Rez cheaper than the links above.[/QUOTE]

that's not saying much since both Gamestop and EB are selling Guitar Hero for $10 above MSRP. so in essence you probably only saved $5 from what every other retailer is selling it for.

thanks OP for mentioning this, a couple of my friends have been telling me for a long while to check out this game, so I may have to look for it sometime this weekend.

[quote name='asianxcore']that's not saying much since both Gamestop and EB are selling Guitar Hero for $10 above MSRP. so in essence you probably only saved $5 from what every other retailer is selling it for.

thanks OP for mentioning this, a couple of my friends have been telling me for a long while to check out this game, so I may have to look for it sometime this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Hey I'm just saying that there is no reason to love EB and Gamestop anymore than Gamequest. They also have shitty pricings as can be seen by their $10 above MSRP Guitar Hero, or many of there used game prices. And I don't understand why people would get Rez from Gamestop or EB, opened to sell as used, when you can get a sealed copy cheaper from gamequest's site.

[quote name='stalfosking']Hey I'm just saying that there is no reason to love EB and Gamestop anymore than Gamequest. They also have shitty pricings as can be seen by their $10 above MSRP Guitar Hero, or many of there used game prices. And I don't understand why people would get Rez from Gamestop or EB, opened to sell as used, when you can get a sealed copy cheaper from gamequest's site.[/quote]

only because of B2G1 free sale

[quote name='stalfosking']Hey I'm just saying that there is no reason to love EB and Gamestop anymore than Gamequest. They also have shitty pricings as can be seen by their $10 above MSRP Guitar Hero, or many of there used game prices. And I don't understand why people would get Rez from Gamestop or EB, opened to sell as used, when you can get a sealed copy cheaper from gamequest's site.[/QUOTE]

GameStop doesn't come here posing as customers to try and con us. They just do it blatantly and openly through their site and stores...

You really want to play the game and not support any of these companies? Then go buy if from someone on eBay that just wants to sell it to buy something else. The prices are well low enough now where you can get it pretty cheap.

[quote name='fwacce']GameStop doesn't come here posing as customers to try and con us. They just do it blatantly and openly through their site and stores...

You really want to play the game and not support any of these companies? Then go buy if from someone on eBay that just wants to sell it to buy something else. The prices are well low enough now where you can get it pretty cheap.[/QUOTE]

NOT necessary true at all since the cheapest REZ is going for on Ebay is $32.99 and it is STILL by gamequestdirect. If you're looking for the best price on this title as New or used, it is currently gamequest. But if you hate them so much like some people, just go to GS and EB... end of story....

I know I personally dont' buy from Bestbuy :)

[quote name='kimmeenjee']NOT necessary true at all since the cheapest REZ is going for on Ebay is $32.99 and it is STILL by gamequestdirect.[/QUOTE]

the price is gonna keep coming down, there's still plenty of copies being listed and alot of them are closing without any bidders, all the hardcore otakus probably got this by now so there's probably not much demand left for this

[quote name='kimmeenjee']NOT necessary true at all since the cheapest REZ is going for on Ebay is $32.99 and it is STILL by gamequestdirect. If you're looking for the best price on this title as New or used, it is currently gamequest. But if you hate them so much like some people, just go to GS and EB... end of story....

I know I personally dont' buy from Bestbuy :)[/QUOTE]

I didn't say you could get it CHEAPEST, I just said you could get it cheap. The point is that if you don't want to support these companies, then you should be buying your games from individual gamers even if you pay a couple dollars more. Up to you though.

Kendal: I picked it up. Eh, it was cool -- but not that cool. I don't think its worth 40 dollars unless you're some kind of twisted rare collector. It's quite a short game as well.

I plan on getting Rez and Cubivore for the Buy 2 Get 1 later this week. I cannot decided what else to get though. Can anyone suggest a game?

I was thinking a game that has the Guncon 2 but I have no idea how much they cost since they are not online and I hope to find one instore.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']GQD defiently marks up some of their stuff from standard retail price but the GTA: SA they are selling for $50 was the original release w/the hot coffee and whatever else was taken out during the re-release.[/QUOTE]

this version only goes for $10 new on ebay

just got it, it's not bad if you like weird games

i do, so i love it =)

got it using the B2G1 free promotion with Cubivore and Gitaroo Man....out of the 3, Gitaroo Man is da best!!

i thought this was what was going on. a few gamestops and eb's around my area have had this game on the shelf and it's totally obvious when a dvd case is just opened and barely touched, which was the case with all of the ones i saw on the sales floors.

bread's done
Back