Ric Flair's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Saucy Jack']Breaking news:

The debut episode of Friday Night SmackDown! will be only one hour long. How the hell are they going to do all those matches they had planned? A steel cage, and a bullrope match... one's gotta go.[/QUOTE]

Of course they could always run a full two hour show. The UPN stations would just have to preempt whatever local programming they normally have on at 10 PM EST.

Final comments on this week's RAW...

- Decent main event. Yeah even with Flair "in the hospital" I had a feeling he was going to do a runin regardless of what we have been told all night long after the attack backstage. Nice buildup for next week's "Masterlock" challenge with Masters using it on the bloodied Flair to get the win.

I'll say that with two decent matches along with the somewhat interesting build up for Cena vs Angle RAW wasn't too bad this week. If WWE can drop some of the lamer filler crap, or at least start to give us fans a reason why to care for the likes of Ashley, Tyson Tomko, etc etc etc then perhaps WWE will finally have a product that as a whole is worth watching week in week out. But as of right now while they do got a few decent things going on, I'm not drawn in enough to start tuning in every week like I used to.

I'll write my comments on this week's TNA Impact in a bit.

[quote name='demomanTNA']- Why oh why does Cena need to sound like a damn wigger and while at it... what's up with the gay jokes? Still its nice to see WWE giving some build up towards Angle vs Cena. Would of been nice for Ross to have at least mentioned at some point that Cena's first match was against Angle several years ago or hell... Cena could of used that himself and said something to the effect of "I was the student but now look who the master is now."[/QUOTE]To be fair (if I remember correctly) when Cena and Angle had their #1 Contender's mini-feud for... (No Way Out?) prior to Wrestlemania, I think they did bring up that issue about Angle beating Cena on his first SD match. I'm guessing that's also why they didn't shoot Angle straight into a program with Cena, since it hadn't been too long ago (and of course for Jericho's schedule).

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Sometimes, they play the Holly's music, and Hardy Boyz too.

Hell, the NHL game on the PSP has the Hardyz theme in it. At least the demo does at Walmart :lol:[/QUOTE]

wtf the gretsky game???? where...

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']To be fair (if I remember correctly) when Cena and Angle had their #1 Contender's mini-feud for... (No Way Out?) prior to Wrestlemania, I think they did bring up that issue about Angle beating Cena on his first SD match. I'm guessing that's also why they didn't shoot Angle straight into a program with Cena, since it hadn't been too long ago (and of course for Jericho's schedule).[/QUOTE]

My bad.... I guess you are right.

Now this is funny...

166105871l9zq5lb.gif

[quote name='demomanTNA']Of course they could always run a full two hour show. The UPN stations would just have to preempt whatever local programming they normally have on at 10 PM EST.[/QUOTE]

There was talk of delaying the program, or placing it on Thursday (since the new fall lineup hasn't premiered) for another week. However, UPN has confirmed through their website that SmackDown! will be 1 hour long for the first show. Maybe WWE.com will air the other matches or something.

Poor Heidenreich... not only has he not heard from his father, but his wife & kids are missing too! He's planning on heading to New Orleans on Wednesday to try and find them. Hope everything turns out OK.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Poor Heidenreich... not only has he not heard from his father, but his wife & kids are missing too! He's planning on heading to New Orleans on Wednesday to try and find them. Hope everything turns out OK.[/QUOTE]

Regardless of what creative does to his character, I really hope things turn out to be okay for him.

TNA Impact thoughts so far...

- Shelly/Waltman vs Konnan/Hoyt was short (thank god).

- I won't comment much on Christopher Daniels vs Shark Boy other than the ending being another step towards the Daniels vs Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles 3 way dance at Unbreakable.

[quote name='Scorch']Regardless of what creative does to his character, I really hope things turn out to be okay for him.[/QUOTE]

Are you thinking what I think you're thinking (that WWE will turn Heidenreich's trauma into a potential sympathetic babyface storyline)?

[quote name='mykevermin']Are you thinking what I think you're thinking (that WWE will turn Heidenreich's trauma into a potential sympathetic babyface storyline)?[/QUOTE]

Las Demolas's odds show that's very favorable to happen.

[quote name='mykevermin']Are you thinking what I think you're thinking (that WWE will turn Heidenreich's trauma into a potential sympathetic babyface storyline)?[/QUOTE]

It's possible. There's rumors floating around that the WWE is possibly going to do something with the Hurricane because of the times we are going through. A sickening thought is that they might turn Hurricane heel and have him getting heat by mentioning the destruction of New Orleans.

Can't WWE have some taste?!

[quote name='Saucy Jack']It's possible. There's rumors floating around that the WWE is possibly going to do something with the Hurricane because of the times we are going through. A sickening thought is that they might turn Hurricane heel and have him getting heat by mentioning the destruction of New Orleans.

Can't WWE have some taste?![/QUOTE]

They have taste. They'll wait until October to do it because they're sensitive.:roll: I'm sure Heidenreich can't wait to drop the belts Tuesday so he can focus on his family.

I passed on getting tickets to Smackdown because..well, because it's Smackdown. Now, though, it looks like it might be a decent show.

More Impact thoughts...

- Shocker/Sabin vs Killings/Dutt is a pretty decent tag team match and a good way to close the second round of the Candido tournament. Nice mix of wrestling and fast X Division action, most of you folks will enjoy this one. :D

- I'll add in that I like the tension they are building between Shocker and Chris Sabin.

- Good god... they are still trying to pimp the "Best Of The 3 Live Kru" DVD? When will TNA figure out that 3LK is a big waste of time.

- Okay for myke I gotta do it...

ITS TIME FOR DA.......PPPPPOOOOOOOUUUUUNNNNNNNCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... PERIOD ! :D

- SPOILER: Looks like Monty Brown is still aligned with Kip James. Won't say anything else expect one nice sweet POUNCE during his match.

- Okay... they got Lockdown on DVD yet they are still hyping Destination X? What is up with... that.

- Abyss is 1,000,000% more interesting with James Mitchell as his manager. Enough said.

- AWESOME RAVEN PROMO! I like Raven bringing up their match from eons ago in the WWE and the reference to the infamous shopping cart spot. Can't wait for Raven vs Rhino at Unbreakable. Its going to be damn good I'm telling ya. :D

- Pretty decent main event between James Storm and Chase Stevens. This is a nice buildup towards the four way NWA Tag Team title match between AMW, Team Canada, the winners of the Candido tournament, and the current champs The Naturals.

Outside of the first two matches which were short but weak this week's Impact is very enjoyable. Nothing outstanding or ground breaking but what we got is a fairly solid show. Worth the time to watch.

Just checked out those entrances. Why did I have the feeling that they would re-use entrances? All they had to do with Bret Hart's entrance is just have him move to one rail, tag the fans, move to the other rail, tag the fans...

Everything after he moves up the steps is perfect, though. They absolutely nailed how he would pause slightly when he went through the ropes. Plus, the playing to the crowd is perfect. :)

Hogan's entrance is OK. Why did they do the Hollywood Hogan air guitar though? By the look and build of Hogan, this is supposed to be late 80s, early 90s Hogan. And no shirt ripping? Boo! Since they re-used most of the entrances, they could have re-used the animation from WrestleMania XIX and had him rip his shirt off.

Nice Goldberg CAW, Guyver! They had his music in, or did you edit it in when you made the capture? The pyro and movements are perfect, dude. Good job. :)

Time for DOR2 bashing!

- Could Tony Chimmel sound any less enthused?

- How about that pansy arm and leg coordination on Hart? Gotta love the sideways walk/slide when he is going to climb up the stairs.. but again, it's pretty spot-on once he's in the ring. Could've used more knee bending forward, but whatever.

- Since when does Hogan cup his hand to the back of his neck?

- Air guitar could pass for Hollywood Hogan.. or it would work if he has the feather boa thingy around his neck.. but he has neither.

- The point that Hogan did in his entrance looks great. He actually looks somewhat angry, too. Too bad there was no posedown.

- Yeah, that Goldberg music was so added in with a movie maker or something. It's coming out the left side instead of both. Wow. Didn't they have a bigger bodyframe? The CAW itself looks good, but the frame makes it look like a beefed up Justin Credible or Hardcore Holly.. no tattoos on Goldberg or anything? Good entrance, though.

The announcers in the videogames are always terrible. But at least he isn't as bad as Lillian in the games. Her game announcing is always terrible. Remember Raw 2? She was audible when she said "Making his/her way to the ring" and then would almost whisper the rest of the announcing.

And why can't they ever get Bret's Sharpshooter correct? Animate two sharpshooters: the crappy one that everyone else does, and the correct one that Bret did.

Hogan's cup-to-the-ear movement did look messed up. I liked the look of Hogan during the pointing, though. Also, they got Hogan's shirt, bandanna, and crucifix dead on.

Goldberg does need to be bigger, though, and he does need the tattoos. Otherwise, great CAW

I just got a chance to rent this game, so I'll play it this weekend and see how it stacks up.

Just read the Memphis house show report for the RAW brand.

Trish Stratus returned to action as a face. Looks like she Ashley will be teaming up.

Also, Carlito went on the mic and said that he hated Memphis, Elvis, etc. Then, he said that he wished the hurricane had hit there. Real classy, Carlito. :roll:

[quote name='RawisJericho']Hey guyver can you post christian and austins entrances?[/QUOTE]

he posted the austin one a few pages back in his first set of intros. Its the last one

[quote name='CaseyRyback']he posted the austin one a few pages back in his first set of intros. Its the last one[/QUOTE]

I missed out on those, I thought I was keeping up with the thread :)

Thanks

Hmm... just opened the rental case for DOR 2, and I'm confused.

I think they gave me DOR 1, but I'm not completely sure. I don't have DOR 1 anymore, so I don't know. The disc is yellow, and I think that's John Cena on it, but it's difficult to tell. Also, since the logo is silvery, I can't tell whether the 2 is there or not. But the copyright dates on the disc say 2004, so I think it's the first one. I would check it, but my GameCube is in the storage closet and I'll have to hook it up to check. Oh, well...

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Ahh, you remember that, too. :)

"Ashes to ashes, and dust to dust..."[/QUOTE]

the better version was Disco inferno's.. that said "oil of olay all day everyday"

[quote name='Theenternal']the better version was Disco inferno's.. that said "oil of olay all day everyday"[/QUOTE]

Oh, God! I had forgotten that, and now you made me remember it! Go away, Disco! Go away!

its funny how scorch noticed that the music was coming fom left channel lol...i figured he would notice....

anyways yea i had goldbergs frame a lil bigger but he looked to big compared to other wrestlers so i toned him down a lil..and there isnt a decent goldberg tattoo for his arm

yea and christians and stone cold entrance should be a little up in the thread

and i think the ring announcer did a good job

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Hmm... just opened the rental case for DOR 2, and I'm confused.

I think they gave me DOR 1, but I'm not completely sure. I don't have DOR 1 anymore, so I don't know. The disc is yellow, and I think that's John Cena on it, but it's difficult to tell. Also, since the logo is silvery, I can't tell whether the 2 is there or not. But the copyright dates on the disc say 2004, so I think it's the first one. I would check it, but my GameCube is in the storage closet and I'll have to hook it up to check. Oh, well...[/QUOTE]

the yellow one with cena is dor1

[quote name='daedricnekomata']What is expected release date of DoR 2 and is it for the gamecube?[/QUOTE]

DOR2's been out for about a week, dude. and yes, for Gamecube

[quote name='guyver2077']the yellow one with cena is dor1[/QUOTE]

Damn it! Well, hopefully the video store will have the copy that was supposed to be mine. They had a few copies last night.

Went to the video store and got the correct copy of DOR 2. I checked it in the truck, and was about to be pissed, but I realized it was the correct game. Looks the same (yellow disc) but this one had Stacy on it.

Now a super-quickie Saucy Jack's rasslin' news! Brought to you by:

Reno 911! Catch the Season 3 marathon Monday night, and the season finale Tuesday. Trudy's getting married (and surprisingly, not to Saucy Jack) to her boyfriend, Craig. Only problem is, he's scheduled for execution! The other season finales have had crazy endings, and this is sure to be no different. Tune in... and keep it real... real safe!

Recently-released WWE wrestler Maven claims he's about to wrestle the final match of his career. The Tough Enough winner is leading everyone to believe that his match with Al Snow at the 10/29 Night Of Superstars event will be his pro wrestling swan song.

Also working the show, which benefits the UVA Children's Hospital, are Roddy Piper, Jerry Lawler, David Flair, Ivory, Jazz, Billy Gunn and Rodney Mack.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Now a super-quickie Saucy Jack's rasslin' news! Brought to you by:

Reno 911! Catch the Season 3 marathon Monday night, and the season finale Tuesday. Trudy's getting married (and surprisingly, not to Saucy Jack) to her boyfriend, Craig. Only problem is, he's scheduled for execution! The other season finales have had crazy endings, and this is sure to be no different. Tune in... and keep it real... real safe![/QUOTE]

"Oh man what a cheap pop!" -Jerry "The King" Lawler :lol:

[quote name='demomanTNA']"Oh man what a cheap pop!" -Jerry "The King" Lawler :lol:[/QUOTE]

Hey, if it gets more people to enjoy the show, so be it. :)

(in Mick Foley voice)

By the way, it's so terrific to be back here... in the Ric Flair wrestling topic!

(crowd cheers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back