Rich dont pay enough but poor people dont pay any and people fine with that

oops sorry it was ...

[quote name='Clak']I guarantee that if Obama had a son of s similar age and he mentioned wanting to deck Romney there would be a huge shit storm over it. But because "Tagg" is a white male of privilege from a wealthy family, it's just a thing. That's the double standard we live in, and it's bullshit through and through.[/QUOTE]

quickly followed by DOHDOUGH #1357

There is something to be said about all that. I don't post all that much here any more as it's just a waste of time. Just the same people ranting about the same things over and over, with some new uninformed conservatives topping by to be the target of their ire from time to time. I just lost interest.

And I'll never understand how some can keep arguing the same shit over and over. Having an activist mindset and wanting to change things is great. But a low traffic politics forum on a video game deals site isn't the place to do it. Even if one just wants to be an activist online rather than really getting involved in the real world, there are better avenues like starting a blog site and working to build up readership and reach thousands or millions of people and get them more informed on your cause and ideally involved in working toward it themselves.

The older I get, the more precious I realize time is. If someone wants to advance a cause they are passionate about, that's great and a valid use of time. But one should really try to make the most of that time and spending hours each week ranting about it on a site for broke video gamers probably isn't the most effective use of that time. Especially when most of that is arguing with the same old regulars that have been around for years/months and clearly aren't going to change their minds.

[quote name='Recycle']quickly followed by DOHDOUGH #1357[/QUOTE]
LOLZ...now I know for sure that you're Pliskin101.

So are you going to answer my questions from before you were banned or what?

[quote name='dmaul1114']There is something to be said about all that. I don't post all that much here any more as it's just a waste of time. Just the same people ranting about the same things over and over, with some new uninformed conservatives topping by to be the target of their ire from time to time. I just lost interest.

And I'll never understand how some can keep arguing the same shit over and over. Having an activist mindset and wanting to change things is great. But a low traffic politics forum on a video game deals site isn't the place to do it. Even if one just wants to be an activist online rather than really getting involved in the real world, there are better avenues like starting a blog site and working to build up readership and reach thousands or millions of people and get them more informed on your cause and ideally involved in working toward it themselves.

The older I get, the more precious I realize time is. If someone wants to advance a cause they are passionate about, that's great and a valid use of time. But one should really try to make the most of that time and spending hours each week ranting about it on a site for broke video gamers probably isn't the most effective use of that time. Especially when most of that is arguing with the same old regulars that have been around for years/months and clearly aren't going to change their minds.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I want to know more about Dishonored. What about revenge makes everything perfect? That tagline and trailer make no sense. however it is getting great reviews as the next Bioshock, I will have to check it out.

[quote name='GBAstar']SO you're going to refute my point by drawing attention to the fact that I said chinese instead of Asian?

But you're okay with the stance that the majority race is automatically racist because they live in a society, even if only passively, where they benefit from being the majority but the minority population can never be racists because they don't have enough influence to control how the society is run?

You don't take argument with that?

And you think it is okay to tell someone that the reason they didn't get a job was because of their skin color? That the reason why they got a speeding ticket was because of their skin color? That the reason they grew up in poverty or are currently poor is because of their skin color?

No... couldn't be because of the choices they made. Nope.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='egofed']O

I know racism exists. I see it everyday. Everyone holds some prejudice and bias, even Doh;-). But to continually blame an entire segment of the population's problems on it, without acknowledging the role of personal choice, is simplistic and absurd. Kinda of like telling a woman that she didn't get a job in America because she's female and puerto rican, NOT because she can only speak five words of broken english. And those minorities that do achieve, you must really hate them, huh, Doh? Breaks your little systemic raw deal campaign right down.

[/QUOTE]

Comedic gold indeed

Lets do away with this theory presented by egofed and GBA once and for all. Believe it or not, it isn't a theory they came up with on their own , its a common theory of the right.

Everyone's heard of Münchausen By Proxy?
Its a behavioral /psychological disorder. The victim (usually a child) is treated for illness or "told" repeatedly that their sick (usually by a parent or caregiver). After continually being told their sick , and or being exposed to examination the victim ends up believing this is actually the case. No physical medical symptoms will actually manifest beyond a general feeling that the victim doesn't "Fell good". Or , the symptoms manifest Psychoanalytically (I continually worry I have the flu , I worry myself into a bout of diarrhea)

An identical theory of the right - What we'll call "Racehausen By Proxy"
The victim here (A minority) Is told by Society that Inequality is real and that his opportunities might be limited. The victim in this case is being continually told he is a victim ,so therefore begins to believe this is true.
But in this version of the disorder : The symptoms not only manifest in the mind but the psychological damage inflicted on the victim manifests in the actual physical realm: Symptoms include: Mass Incarceration , Poverty , Unemployment or Underemployment , Inequality of opportunity , Inequality of Pay , and countless other examples (one of which is apparently something I've heard called "Driving while black")

[quote name='EdRyder']Comedic gold indeed

Lets do away with this theory presented by egofed and GBA once and for all. Believe it or not, it isn't a theory they came up with on their own , its a common theory of the right.

Everyone's heard of Münchausen By Proxy?
Its a behavioral /psychological disorder. The victim (usually a child) is treated for illness or "told" repeatedly that their sick (usually by a parent or caregiver). After continually being told their sick , and or being exposed to examination the victim ends up believing this is actually the case. No physical medical symptoms will actually manifest beyond a general feeling that the victim doesn't "Fell good". Or , the symptoms manifest Psychoanalytically (I continually worry I have the flu , I worry myself into a bout of diarrhea)

An identical theory of the right - What we'll call "Racehausen By Proxy"
The victim here (A minority) Is told by Society that Inequality is real and that his opportunities might be limited. The victim in this case is being continually told he is a victim ,so therefore begins to believe this is true.
But in this version of the disorder : The symptoms not only manifest in the mind but the psychological damage inflicted on the victim manifests in the actual physical realm: Symptoms include: Mass Incarceration , Poverty , Unemployment or Underemployment , Inequality of opportunity , Inequality of Pay , and countless other examples (one of which is apparently something I've heard called "Driving while black")[/QUOTE]

Do you understand what you just posted?

Of course telling someone they are the victim REPEATEDLY is going to instill a victim mentality. And what does that accomplish? A mind set of "I'm fucked regardless" and "all hope is lost"?

Who is going to end up more sucessful? The person that is coddled and has someone in his ear day in and day out, telling him that his hardships are caused by others (i.e. he bears no responsibility and has no means to advance) or the person that is told to look to reflect and take some goddamn responsibility?

[quote name='GBAstar']Do you understand what you just posted?

Of course telling someone they are the victim REPEATEDLY is going to instill a victim mentality. And what does that accomplish? A mind set of "I'm fucked regardless" and "all hope is lost"?

Who is going to end up more sucessful? The person that is coddled and has someone in his ear day in and day out, telling him that his hardships are caused by others (i.e. he bears no responsibility and has no means to advance) or the person that is told to look to reflect and take some goddamn responsibility?[/QUOTE]

Again , I would argue maybe YOU are the one that needs to re -read what I posted. Because taking the Munchaussen victim to the hospital to have tests only serves to exacerbate the issue.
You would insist that kid needs to take personal responsibility and give him some hand sanitizer!

The simple fact that I didnt feel it was necessary to end my post with "This is a completely asinine and blatantly stupid theory" Was lost on you.

How about telling them the truth, that society is in fact stacked against them, but that they have to fight to overcome that inequality, and hopefully change their world for the better so that future generations won't have those inequalities to overcome? The truth doesn't have to pull someone down, it in fact can be used to make someone try that much harder, if they're inspired. Dr. King didn't bullshit his followers, but he and others inspired an entire generation to fight back against inequality.

[quote name='GBAstar']Do you understand what you just posted?[/quote]
I don't think YOU understand what you're posting.

Well let's take this premise and flip it around. If you tell someone repeatedly that they're a success, does that make them one? Does thinking that you're an ubermensch make you one? Of course not because that'd be ridiculous.

Who is going to end up more sucessful? The person that is coddled and has someone in his ear day in and day out, telling him that his hardships are caused by others (i.e. he bears no responsibility and has no means to advance) or the person that is told to look to reflect and take some goddamn responsibility?
Have you taken responsibility for the racist garbage you posted on this thread?

When people can become gods through sheer force of will, let me know. Until then, take a goddamn sociology 101 course.

[quote name='dohdough']

Well let's take this premise and flip it around. If you tell someone repeatedly that they're a success, does that make them one? Does thinking that you're an ubermensch make you one? Of course not because that'd be ridiculous.
[/QUOTE]

Beyond ridiculous. Just the idea that the premise or concept is grounded in any sort of reality is astounding

Black man is driving along with a general feeling of oppression and inequality - That feeling of oppression causes flashing lights to appear in his rearview mirror.

Its like these people read The Secret

[quote name='EdRyder']Beyond ridiculous. Just the idea that the premise or concept is grounded in any sort of reality is astounding

Black man is driving along with a general feeling of oppression and inequality - That feeling of oppression causes flashing lights to appear in his rearview mirror.

Its like these people read The Secret[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone here is saying racism doesn't exist. If your argument had any plausibility, you could just as easily take a guilty person, and say "look racism doesn't exist". But either one doesn't hold any water.

How many charities out there are just out there to talk to people of any race and convince them to better their lives rather than throw them away? Sometimes it just takes motivation, which right now you are saying is utterly ridiculous.

The problem is that Dohdough, and you it seems tend to look on a macro scale far too often, but if you would look on the individual scale, there are far too many factors involved with an individuals life to pretend to know that this "one" thing is holding them back.

I'm sorry, I thought this thread was supposed to be about class disparity. Yet somehow it seems to have derailed hard into another racism argument.

Is it just me, or do ALL of the threads on this board seem to derail into arguments and accusations over racism? Is it too much to expect one or two to remain on-topic?

[quote name='Richard Kain']I'm sorry, I thought this thread was supposed to be about class disparity. Yet somehow it seems to have derailed hard into another racism argument.[/QUOTE]

William Julius Wilson thought the way you did in 1977. He's spent the bulk of his career following that book revising his argument to demonstrate just how salient race disparities truly are.

[quote name='Clak']Classism and racism go hand in hand often times.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I would imagine that they certainly can. But I was under the impression that the topic at hand was more in keeping with welfare states, and the inherent dangers they represent. While racism may often be related to class disparity, the two aren't synonymous. And class disparity isn't nearly as salient to the issue of welfare states.

I think we can agree that welfare states are bad. If anyone wishes to dispute this point, they are welcome to try. But all I have to do is point to Greece's current predicament as an example. Greece went the welfare state route, and now their entire country is on the verge of collapse, and it's implosion is seriously threatening the economic stability of the European Union. We now have a practical example of what happens when a government attempts to "provide" for its people.

I think that's the issue that is really at hand here. The original poster may or may not have had ulterior motives for phrasing things as he/she did, but what it boils down to is the dangers of over-reliance on welfare.

[quote name='Richard Kain']Yes, I would imagine that they certainly can. But I was under the impression that the topic at hand was more in keeping with welfare states, and the inherent dangers they represent. While racism may often be related to class disparity, the two aren't synonymous. And class disparity isn't nearly as salient to the issue of welfare states.

I think we can agree that welfare states are bad. If anyone wishes to dispute this point, they are welcome to try. But all I have to do is point to Greece's current predicament as an example. Greece went the welfare state route, and now their entire country is on the verge of collapse, and it's implosion is seriously threatening the economic stability of the European Union. We now have a practical example of what happens when a government attempts to "provide" for its people.

I think that's the issue that is really at hand here. The original poster may or may not have had ulterior motives for phrasing things as he/she did, but what it boils down to is the dangers of over-reliance on welfare.[/QUOTE]

LMAO. Anyone who thinks that over-reliance on welfare is a serious problem in the US is a complete and absolute fool.

There is a difference between a welfare state and a social democracy.

PS you are a fool

[quote name='Richard Kain']Yes, I would imagine that they certainly can. But I was under the impression that the topic at hand was more in keeping with welfare states, and the inherent dangers they represent. While racism may often be related to class disparity, the two aren't synonymous. And class disparity isn't nearly as salient to the issue of welfare states.

I think that's the issue that is really at hand here. The original poster may or may not have had ulterior motives for phrasing things as he/she did, but what it boils down to is the dangers of over-reliance on welfare.[/QUOTE]

You are wrong my friend. Racism/classicism is so engrained in our society that there really isnt a topic that doesnt have roots in it. Its a fallacy that people try to separate them and its usually just because they do not wish to engaged in the topic anymore.

Unfortunately for us darkies we cant just turn it off and go to another subject at will. Personally I think its a cop out...you cant just demolish several groups of people for hundreds of years and only recently let them out from underneath your thumb but then pretend that nothing is related.

AGAIN. And I will say this until everyone understands...RACISM JUST ENDED YESTERDAY! The civil rights movement started in 1955 ish. Thats only 60 years ago. MOST of the people who lived through it ARE STILL ALIVE AND WALKING AROUND. Both the minorities who were oppressed and the white people doing the oppressing. So in 60 years do you honestly think we somehow went from, "Yeah..lynch that $$$$a from a tree" to "we are all pretty much equal...we can move on from this topic right?"

It just doesnt work like that.

How the hell can you even talk about the topic of a welfare state yet somehow in the same breath say you dont want to talk about racism. You have to understand one before you can solve the problem of the other.

There is a direct relationship between the size of my ignore list and whether or not it's an election year.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='camoor']LMAO. Anyone who thinks that over-reliance on welfare is a serious problem in the US is a complete and absolute fool.

There is a difference between a welfare state and a social democracy.

PS you are a fool[/QUOTE]

I like how he came into a thread and stated that race is a separate issue and that we should talk about something else.....that something else being welfare. The most racial charged social program that America has.

Yeah.........

Well understand that for some people things happen completely independent of anything else, nothing effects anything else. There's no correlation or causation between anything, everything happens in a vacuum.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I like how he came into a thread and stated that race is a separate issue and that we should talk about something else.....that something else being welfare. The most racial charged social program that America has.

Yeah.........[/QUOTE]

Sood, he seems like a principles guy to me. You know - the kind that doesn't care about facts, figures, and the real world because they worship at the altar of ideological purity. I'm also guessing he's a libertarian who believes that poor people are just lazy sobs who are jealous of the rich.

Feel free to prove me wrong Dick.

[quote name='camoor']Sood, he seems like a principles guy to me. You know - the kind that doesn't care about facts, figures, and the real world because they worship at the altar of ideological purity. I'm also guessing he's a libertarian who believes that poor people are just lazy sobs who are jealous of the rich.

Feel free to prove me wrong Dick.[/QUOTE]

Believing in principles is bad? Ideological purity, especially ideological purity that seeks to treat all people with common courtesy and respect is also bad? I'm not really sure about libertarianism, I've never gone in for subscribing to major political schools of thought. Too much of an individualist for that.

I'm not going to apologize for being principled. I was raised on principles and hard truths. I believe in working hard and earning your keep. I believe that the world isn't going to give you anything, and that we all survive by the sweat of our brow.

I don't support welfare because I don't believe it's the government's job to provide for the necessities of its citizens. Necessities are one of the best human motivators. People can be persuaded to do almost anything if they have to. Necessity is the mother of invention.

An over reliance on welfare programs discourages people from working hard and striving for a better existence. It rewards sloth and indolence. Part of the "American Dream" is to pull yourself up by your own bootstraps. The belief that the US is a land of opportunity for those willing to grasp it has helped to drive industry and progress. The ambition to reach for a better life for one's self and one's family is something that should be encouraged.

[quote name='dohdough']Sorry boyo, you ain't that original.[/QUOTE]

?... Did I ever claim to be?

I don't see why originality or the lack there of should have any bearing on the discussion at hand.

Is there anything of which one can say, "Look! This is something new?" It was here already, long ago; it was here before our time.

Socio-economic disparity is best addressed through cultural pressure, not legislation. If a culture can censure the wealthy for their excesses, instead of celebrating them, then real change can be affected without resorting to drastic means. The media, and the worship of celebrity lifestyles in general, are largely responsible for this disturbing trend.

[quote name='Richard Kain']?... Did I ever claim to be?

I don't see why originality or the lack there of should have any bearing on the discussion at hand.

Is there anything of which one can say, "Look! This is something new?" It was here already, long ago; it was here before our time.[/quote]
It as to do with you being smug and dramatic...and that says a lot coming from me.

The only reason why you don't "subscribe" to major political schools of thought is because you don't know what they are.

Socio-economic disparity is best addressed through cultural pressure, not legislation. If a culture can censure the wealthy for their excesses, instead of celebrating them, then real change can be affected without resorting to drastic means. The media, and the worship of celebrity lifestyles in general, are largely responsible for this disturbing trend.
And how, pray tell, is the media and celebrity worship responsible for socio-economic disparity?

[quote name='dohdough']And how, pray tell, is the media and celebrity worship responsible for socio-economic disparity?[/QUOTE]

They glorify it. They advertise and market it. They package it and feed it to the general public as a cheap and lazy form of entertainment. And they don't do it because its quality, they do it because its easy. The end result is that you have entire generations who were raised believing that an indulgent and wasteful lifestyle is not only acceptable, but something to aspire to.

The majority of humanity is very malleable when it comes to social pressure. If society is indulgent and accepting of a given behavior, then that manner of behavior is reinforced. If society is judgmental of a specific behavior, than that behavior is avoided. People bend to all sorts of social conventions in order to ingratiate themselves to their peers.

If society actively encouraged and celebrated altruism and charity, while strongly discouraging wanton waste, then far more of the rich would voluntarily pursue altruistic behavior in order to gain social acceptance. But that isn't what's happening. A cultural of celebrity worship actively reinforces negative societal behavior on the part of the wealthy. The media actively exploits the public's desire to follow the lives of the wealthy and famous in order to make a quick, easy buck.

If major media outlets and celebrity personas were more socially conscious, they would voluntarily adjust their behavior to set a better example.

[quote name='Richard Kain']They glorify it. They advertise and market it. They package it and feed it to the general public as a cheap and lazy form of entertainment. And they don't do it because its quality, they do it because its easy. The end result is that you have entire generations who were raised believing that an indulgent and wasteful lifestyle is not only acceptable, but something to aspire to.

The majority of humanity is very malleable when it comes to social pressure. If society is indulgent and accepting of a given behavior, then that manner of behavior is reinforced. If society is judgmental of a specific behavior, than that behavior is avoided. People bend to all sorts of social conventions in order to ingratiate themselves to their peers.

If society actively encouraged and celebrated altruism and charity, while strongly discouraging wanton waste, then far more of the rich would voluntarily pursue altruistic behavior in order to gain social acceptance. But that isn't what's happening. A cultural of celebrity worship actively reinforces negative societal behavior on the part of the wealthy. The media actively exploits the public's desire to follow the lives of the wealthy and famous in order to make a quick, easy buck.

If major media outlets and celebrity personas were more socially conscious, they would voluntarily adjust their behavior to set a better example.[/QUOTE]
And for what purpose is the media promoting this?

[quote name='dohdough']And for what purpose is the media promoting this?[/QUOTE]

I just told you. It nets them a profit. And it is far easier and less costly than producing quality entertainment themselves, so it nets them a much bigger profit.

Naturally, the masses are equally culpable in the matter. They are the ones who consume all of this, after all. They are enabling the entire enterprise by not demanding better.

The difference is that the masses don't have any direct authority or control over this process, while the media does.

In all of this, the internet is proving to be the great equalizer. Part of the reason why the media's standards are continuing to fall is because their grip on the fashion in which information is consumed is slipping. Fewer and fewer people are watching television or reading the news. People are increasingly gaining more and more personal control over what information they consume, and how and when they consume it.

That just means that eventually the masses won't have any one else to blame for their poor taste.

[quote name='Richard Kain']I just told you.[/QUOTE]
No. You didn't. What you said is on this very goddamn page in 2 different posts and nowhere did you posit as to why they do it.

It nets them a profit. And it is far easier and less costly than producing quality entertainment themselves, so it nets them a much bigger profit.
Who is "them?"

Naturally, the masses are equally culpable in the matter. They are the ones who consume all of this, after all. They are enabling the entire enterprise by not demanding better.

The difference is that the masses don't have any direct authority or control over this process, while the media does.
If the media is so good at manipulating the masses and the masses have no control over the process, how are the masses equally culpable?

In all of this, the internet is proving to be the great equalizer. Part of the reason why the media's standards are continuing to fall is because their grip on the fashion in which information is consumed is slipping. Fewer and fewer people are watching television or reading the news. People are increasingly gaining more and more personal control over what information they consume, and how and when they consume it.

That just means that eventually the masses won't have any one else to blame for their poor taste.
How is media on the internet different from other forms of media? Don't the masses have the same level of control of other mediums as the internet?

I'm pretty much in agreement with you, Richard. You used the words "market" and "advertise", which would lead most people to realize you meant for profit as the reason.

"If the media is so good at manipulating the masses and the masses have no control over the process, how are the masses equally culpable?"

I've had this same debate with a buddy of mine who supports Bloomberg's soda size law. He says that advertising is so persuasive and starts at such a young age that people have no chance to resist it. I haven't consumed more than 10 sodas in the past 20 years. I am not Superman. If I can resist it, then anyone can. Its a dichotomy of reason for me. I don't want the gov to be able to tell anyone what to consume, buy, or believe, but, with the obesity and diabetic costs that overflow onto everyone, it seems we have too many idiots who will not take care of themselves. As much as it pains me, maybe people who have proven that they can not make good decisions, and therefore live off of tax payer's money, need to be given strict outlines on what to eat and drink. I would limit EBT card's to fruit, veggies, real meat, milk, and rice.

"How is media on the internet different from other forms of media? Don't the masses have the same level of control of other mediums as the internet?"

Anyone can put anything on the internet pretty much. Try to get your ideas on TV for the cost of a PC and internet connection. Internet searches are an active participation while TV is a passive participation. Anything, anytime, not what the networks deem is newsworthy at set times.

[quote name='Richard Kain']Believing in principles is bad? Ideological purity, especially ideological purity that seeks to treat all people with common courtesy and respect is also bad? I'm not really sure about libertarianism, I've never gone in for subscribing to major political schools of thought. Too much of an individualist for that.

I'm not going to apologize for being principled. I was raised on principles and hard truths. I believe in working hard and earning your keep. I believe that the world isn't going to give you anything, and that we all survive by the sweat of our brow.

I don't support welfare because I don't believe it's the government's job to provide for the necessities of its citizens. Necessities are one of the best human motivators. People can be persuaded to do almost anything if they have to. Necessity is the mother of invention.

An over reliance on welfare programs discourages people from working hard and striving for a better existence. It rewards sloth and indolence. Part of the "American Dream" is to pull yourself up by your own bootstraps. The belief that the US is a land of opportunity for those willing to grasp it has helped to drive industry and progress. The ambition to reach for a better life for one's self and one's family is something that should be encouraged.[/QUOTE]
Which is why welfare exists. Got anymore pearls of wisdom for us, you Ayn Rand ripoff?

[quote name='egofed']I'm pretty much in agreement with you, Richard. You used the words "market" and "advertise", which would lead most people to realize you meant for profit as the reason.

"If the media is so good at manipulating the masses and the masses have no control over the process, how are the masses equally culpable?"

I've had this same debate with a buddy of mine who supports Bloomberg's soda size law. He says that advertising is so persuasive and starts at such a young age that people have no chance to resist it. I haven't consumed more than 10 sodas in the past 20 years. I am not Superman. If I can resist it, then anyone can. Its a dichotomy of reason for me. I don't want the gov to be able to tell anyone what to consume, buy, or believe, but, with the obesity and diabetic costs that overflow onto everyone, it seems we have too many idiots who will not take care of themselves. As much as it pains me, maybe people who have proven that they can not make good decisions, and therefore live off of tax payer's money, need to be given strict outlines on what to eat and drink. I would limit EBT card's to fruit, veggies, real meat, milk, and rice.[/quote]
I have some shocking news for you: your experiences in life are not the experiences of everyone's life.

"How is media on the internet different from other forms of media? Don't the masses have the same level of control of other mediums as the internet?"

Anyone can put anything on the internet pretty much. Try to get your ideas on TV for the cost of a PC and internet connection. Internet searches are an active participation while TV is a passive participation. Anything, anytime, not what the networks deem is newsworthy at set times.
Only a person that doesn't understand how search engines work, especially google, would say this. Nor would that person understand the nature of media, which is mistaken for "the media."

I'm shocked!!! I express my opinions and views based on real world experiences that I have had, not a bunch of theories and rhetoric that can be spun to either side. Aren't we all a product of our past experiences? That's your schtick, right?;-)

The internet gives you the ability to seek out like minded individuals and to personalize your news media experience more so than TV. Google's search matches skew you right or left if that is all you view. I read more liberal blogs and sites more than conservative. Jesus said you don't go to heal the already healthy.;-)

Since I actually studied how search engines work in college, let me clue you in a bit to what doh is trying to tell your dumb ass. You see what Google lets you see, no differently than what the news outlets choose to tell you. If Google wants to bury something, they can. If they want to make it more prominent, they can. Google has come under fire in the past by accusations that they've done just that. Is it easier to publish something on the internet than television, of course it is. Does that mean it will get any real exposure? Nope.

[quote name='egofed']I'm shocked!!! I express my opinions and views based on real world experiences that I have had, not a bunch of theories and rhetoric that can be spun to either side. Aren't we all a product of our past experiences? That's your schtick, right?;-)[/quote]
But I'm also not so presumptuous to assume that my experiences and opportunities are the same that everyone gets. It's a very simple concept.

The internet gives you the ability to seek out like minded individuals and to personalize your news media experience more so than TV. Google's search matches skew you right or left if that is all you view. I read more liberal blogs and sites more than conservative. Jesus said you don't go to heal the already healthy.;-)
Do more research on how the engine works.

[quote name='Richard Kain']Believing in principles is bad? Ideological purity, especially ideological purity that seeks to treat all people with common courtesy and respect is also bad? I'm not really sure about libertarianism, I've never gone in for subscribing to major political schools of thought. Too much of an individualist for that.

An over reliance on welfare programs discourages people from working hard and striving for a better existence. It rewards sloth and indolence. Part of the "American Dream" is to pull yourself up by your own bootstraps. The belief that the US is a land of opportunity for those willing to grasp it has helped to drive industry and progress. The ambition to reach for a better life for one's self and one's family is something that should be encouraged.[/QUOTE]

I don't want you to apologize, I just want to expose you as a fool.

[quote name='dohdough']LOLZ...we have a philosopher here...and a dogmatic one at that.

Sorry boyo, you ain't that original.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Looks like it's working Dick, sorry.

jk Dick, I'm not really sorry either :D

[quote name='camoor']I don't want you to apologize, I just want to expose you as a fool.[/QUOTE]

? Why? And to whom? What exactly would you prove or accomplish by convincing anyone in an anonymous message board that I'm a fool?

I try to avoid personal attacks because I genuinely don't believe I can change anyone else's mind. I voice my personal opinions and insights and as far as I'm concerned that's the end of it. I am open to discussion, but I don't feel that I'm under any obligation to defend myself from anonymous personal confrontation.

I feel a little sorry for you. It's clear that you can't form cogent opinions of your own. You have no position to defend. Your only real purpose here is to derive some strange sense of satisfaction from attacking and deriding the thoughts and ideals of others.

Hopefully you'll eventually find something to care about.

[quote name='Richard Kain']? Why? And to whom? What exactly would you prove or accomplish by convincing anyone in an anonymous message board that I'm a fool?

I try to avoid personal attacks because I genuinely don't believe I can change anyone else's mind. I voice my personal opinions and insights and as far as I'm concerned that's the end of it. I am open to discussion, but I don't feel that I'm under any obligation to defend myself from anonymous personal confrontation.

I feel a little sorry for you. It's clear that you can't form cogent opinions of your own. You have no position to defend. Your only real purpose here is to derive some strange sense of satisfaction from attacking and deriding the thoughts and ideals of others.

Hopefully you'll eventually find something to care about.[/QUOTE]

If you haven't figured it out yet this board is full of Dohdough's hype men. I hardly ever agree with Dohdough but at least he can type out lengthy retorts where as the only purpose the rest of them serve is to hype up what DD has already posted and come back with sentence fragments and of course the classc "YOU SOOO STOOPID".

[quote name='GBAstar']If you haven't figured it out yet this board is full of Dohdough's hype men. I hardly ever agree with Dohdough but at least he can type out lengthy retorts where as the only purpose the rest of them serve is to hype up what DD has already posted and come back with sentence fragments and of course the classc "YOU SOOO STOOPID".[/QUOTE]
You heard it here first, folks! I have turned vs. into my own private little fiefdom on the intarwebz.:rofl:

[quote name='Richard Kain']? Why? And to whom? What exactly would you prove or accomplish by convincing anyone in an anonymous message board that I'm a fool?[/QUOTE]

Might as well ask why I like to beat video games. I don't know, it's fun to win debates.

In case you didn't pick up on it, I'm left of center and I believe most American social programs are well worth it. I think a little principle is good but if all you have to hang your hat on is the principle then you're almost certainly full of shit (not just you - anyone who says it's all about principle)

[quote name='GBAstar']If you haven't figured it out yet this board is full of Dohdough's hype men. I hardly ever agree with Dohdough but at least he can type out lengthy retorts where as the only purpose the rest of them serve is to hype up what DD has already posted and come back with sentence fragments and of course the classc "YOU SOOO STOOPID".[/QUOTE]

Yeah, facts be damned, we could have a nice conservative christian nation if it wasn't for that damned liberal media AMIRITE

[quote name='GBAstar']That would be because howard forums won't tolerate your racist bullshit??? AMIRITE???

Actually ^ may be almost an exact quote.[/QUOTE]
LOLZ...I actually didn't have a problem on hofo and the mod of their political forum got fired because he was turning it into his own little political playground and not following his own rules. Even supermods didn't let him ban me.

But hey, we live in bizarro world where those speaking out against racism are the real racists.

Feel free to pull up some of my posts from hofo though. They're probably a lot more tamer than the ones here because they have a tighter leash on the language. I'd still be posting in that subforum if their server wasn't shitting itself for over a year after the "upgrade." Hell, it'd be liking taking a nice stroll through memory lane.

He expects someone to write paragraphs upon paragraphs, taking that time and effort, when most of the time it's obvious they put as much time and effort into their posts as it takes to search Google, and still don't come back with much.

[quote name='dohdough']LOLZ...I actually didn't have a problem on hofo and the mod of their political forum got fired because he was turning it into his own little political playground and not following his own rules. Even supermods didn't let him ban me.

But hey, we live in bizarro world where those speaking out against racism are the real racists.

Feel free to pull up some of my posts from hofo though. They're probably a lot more tamer than the ones here because they have a tighter leash on the language. I'd still be posting in that subforum if their server wasn't shitting itself for over a year after the "upgrade." Hell, it'd be liking taking a nice stroll through memory lane.[/QUOTE]
When in doubt, simply scream out, YOU'RE THE REAL XXXXXXX.:roll:

[quote name='GBAstar']When in doubt, simply scream out, YOU'RE THE REAL XXXXXXX.:roll:[/QUOTE]
You're the one that make an out-of-context comment about hofo "not tolerating my racist bullshit." It's nice to see you devolving by the day though.

edit: Clak!=GBAstar hurrr...

edit2: fixt so what I sez now makes sense.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Clak']When in doubt, simply scream out, YOU'RE THE REAL XXXXXXX.:roll:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dohdough']You're the one that make an out-of-context comment about hofo "not tolerating my racist bullshit." It's nice to see you devolving by the day though.[/QUOTE]

Bros! Same team!

[quote name='Clak']....huh?[/QUOTE]
LOLZ...that's right! I said it!

Don't know how I thought that quote was from GBAstar, must be because I'm currently going through my greatest hits on hofo.

bread's done
Back