Ridge Racer 6 (XBOX 360) $19.99 at BestBuy.com ($15 after GGC)

Mojimbo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
7547407.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7547407&productCategoryId=pcmcat66900050002&type=product&tab=4&id=1128337921969

$14.99 after GGC* coupon (provided it's the same price in-store, which it should be).

Great price after GGC for a 360 game. I'm a big fan of the PSP Ridge Racer after picking it up cheap at GameRush so I think I'll pick this up, I played the demo and thought it was pretty good and it should serve as a nice stopgap for me until PGR3 drops to $19.99 which should be pretty soon as well.

* Best Buy Gamer Gift Card Explained:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73

Edit: The PriceGrabber rebate is now gone.
There's also a $5 PriceGrabber rebate for this game, so after GGC and PG Rebate, you can get this game for $10.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/rating_getprodrev.php/product_id=14061514/id_type=M/form_keyword=ridge%20racer

Also availabe at EB/GameStop (user coupon code FREESHIPALL):
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200129

and Circuit City
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Ridge-Racer-6-Xbox-360-/sem/rpsm/oid/139318/catOid/-15584/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

[quote name='seanr1221']Just called and they said it's over.[/quote]

I just called also, and they said they take 2 of the same games and it is on until wed the 9th. You might wanna re-check.
I have known the 9th being the last date for 2 weeks now. Was hoping to get Dead Rising somehow.

[quote name='Tyvan']I just called also, and they said they take 2 of the same games and it is on until wed the 9th. You might wanna re-check.
I have known the 9th being the last date for 2 weeks now. Was hoping to get Dead Rising somehow.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm I'll call tomorrow in that case.

On that fye deal, what 2 games do you need to trade in? Can you trade in 2 regular xbox or 2 regular ps2 games?

[quote name='jaffray']On that fye deal, what 2 games do you need to trade in? Can you trade in 2 regular xbox or 2 regular ps2 games?[/quote]

2 xbox 360 games only, for 1 new xbox 360 game. As long as they are in excellent condition they said they will take any game and/or 2 of the same one.

I bit the bullet for $23.xx. Not as good of deal since not available in store by me, so I can't use my GGC and/or my reward zone bucks. Also to those looking for that FYE deal be wary of exclusions since I got screwed on this about a month ago.

all of the best buys in the STATE have no stock...BUT...
went to CC to try and pricematch and they had plenty of stock....go up to the front asking for pricematch, CSR scans it and it rings up 19.99 !! hand her the BB GGC and end up getting it for 14.50 + tax

so there may have been a pricedrop on this 19.99 at both BB and CC

I just love the way how we CAGs think. Buy this and madden for cheap then trade them in for a new 59.99 360 game. I love it. We CAGs are capable of doing anything!

[quote name='kevzik']I just love the way how we CAGs think. Buy this and madden for cheap then trade them in for a new 59.99 360 game. I love it. We CAGs are capable of doing anything![/quote]

It sucks that I don't have FYE here. :cry:

[quote name='kevzik']I just love the way how we CAGs think. Buy this and madden for cheap then trade them in for a new 59.99 360 game. I love it. We CAGs are capable of doing anything![/QUOTE]

Too bad most CAGs dont have a rhino near them... I traded in approx. $16 worth of qualifying CC clearance games into them to qualify for Rhino's 2 for one, which I am using to get my Dead Rising

$10 copy of Fatal Frame 2 PS2(well I got this from BB) plus a $2 copy of MTV music generator 3 to get the 2 for one deal... equalling 49.99 in store credit towards DR...

Also traded in a $4 copy of Total Overdose PS2... which netted me 14 in store credit to make up the 10 dollar difference and taxes

Only downside is I will probably need to get my copy from a different location as there is a chance ALL the copies my location is getting are reserved by employees (everyone there has a 360)

Sweet deal, scored what looked to be the last copy in Mobile. Good thing the other known Mobile CAG (Ender) doesnt have a 360 because there were no more to be found... $16.34 and out the door

[quote name='awp']Unfortunately, OOS at all of my local Best Buys.[/quote]

A lot of times, it says OOS but if you go they usually have one or two still. It's worth a try. This almost has the feel of being discontinued at BB. I picked up the last one at Western Hills in Cincinnati today.

amazon.com but sold by GS/EB. if you get form amazon to get the free shipping you will still pay 40 bucks for the game

so yeah i guess this is a confirmed drop of price for this game, and gf scored me a copy at her best buy in manhattan ny. so im good.

and thanks for the rebate, i'll be happy if i can get this for 15 bucks :)

[quote name='diablofreak']amazon.com but sold by GS/EB. if you get form amazon to get the free shipping you will still pay 40 bucks for the game

so yeah i guess this is a confirmed drop of price for this game, and gf scored me a copy at her best buy in manhattan ny. so im good.

and thanks for the rebate, i'll be happy if i can get this for 15 bucks :)[/QUOTE]

Which Best Buy in Manhattan? I checked 5th Ave and 44th Street and no go.

[quote name='cruzincontrol']^just noticed that and I have credit @EB. Does anyone know if you order from BB online, can you return the order at a B&M store?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have previously ordered something from the online store and returned it at the B&M store. What I had trouble doing was getting the B&M store to price-match an item I had ordered online.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']So its pretty obvious at this point that this is an official price drop and not just a temporary sale. Which begs the question, why hasn't EB/Gamestop dropped the price of the used version?[/quote]

To milk it for all its worth...

[quote name='hwong3']Which Best Buy in Manhattan? I checked 5th Ave and 44th Street and no go.[/quote]

sorry dude. its the 23rd st/6th ave one. BUT my gf told me when i came home that she got the last copy from the store. obviously now she thinks i owe her big time :whistle2:#

Thanks OP:) Right after you posted I immediately downloaded the form. Went tonight and grabbed the game. It is still marked $39.99 at the display, but the game rings up $19.99. This means in about 8 weeks RR6 will be mine for about $12 after the two $5 rebates and the cost of a stamp/envelope:p

[quote name='Yumemiru Hito']Ridge Racer 6 is $20 at Circuit City now also. Picked it up at CC after having them scan it for me since BB was out of it. Website also lists for $20.
[/QUOTE]

hmmm...mentioned this 19 posts earlier

definitely a price drop

[quote name='RedvsBlue']So its pretty obvious at this point that this is an official price drop and not just a temporary sale. Which begs the question, why hasn't EB/Gamestop dropped the price of the used version?[/quote]

Because some people may still buy it before they realize it dropped in price...

[quote name='soonerdoc']hmmm...mentioned this 19 posts earlier

definitely a price drop[/quote]
I don't think it's an official price drop, I think Best Buy is clearancing it out, that's why it's not available for in store pickup. If was was a regular price drop like Shadow of the Colossus or Soul Calibur III then it would be available for in store pickup. Most BBs in my area haven't carried Ridge Racer 6 in months.

Is this the first "official" 19.ish game for the 360?

I realize PDZ, and Kameo were on sale for similiar. I am just curious if this is the first price drop that reaches this price range that isn't a weekly deal.

the pricegrabber rebate is gone. Does anyone have the downloaded PDF or whatever it is. I wanted to do an honest review on there so I waited until after I played the game, I went on this morning and the link for the rebate is gone. I am really hoping I can still get it even though the link is gone.

[quote name='M1C13']the pricegrabber rebate is gone. Does anyone have the downloaded PDF or whatever it is. I wanted to do an honest review on there so I waited until after I played the game, I went on this morning and the link for the rebate is gone. I am really hoping I can still get it even though the link is gone.[/quote]

Sorry, once 50 people have grabbed the form, there are no more rebates. I'll update the OP.

[quote name='M1C13']the pricegrabber rebate is gone. Does anyone have the downloaded PDF or whatever it is. I wanted to do an honest review on there so I waited until after I played the game, I went on this morning and the link for the rebate is gone. I am really hoping I can still get it even though the link is gone.[/quote]

the rebate is not pdf, but php/html-generated from your pricegrabber login and email

i did this, but didnt save the form, so yeah now its gone. but.. thanks to the wonder of internet browser cache :applause: i was able to retrieve it from my history :bouncy: i'll try to delete my email and login from the generic form and post it for all us CAGs. :D

[quote name='diablofreak']but the form says only 50 people, and theres a specific UPC code on the form, so if i send it out, would I be then SOL?[/quote]

Only people who downloaded the form through their PriceGrabber account are able to use the form. That's how they limit it to 50.

[quote name='shipwreck']Only people who downloaded the form through their PriceGrabber account are able to use the form. That's how they limit it to 50.[/quote]
Plus, the actual rebate submission has a number that's unique, part of it generated from the ID to the individual Pricegrabber account, and the other part it from the rebate itself.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']so whats this game like?

Is it better than Kameo for 20 bucks? (i personally didnt like Kameo)[/quote]

Not even close to being as good as Kameo for $20.00. This is a very bad game, IMHO.

bread's done
Back