Rift $3.46 on Amazon

NutManIV

CAGiversary!
I searched the forums and didn't see another specific thread for this.

Link

$3.46 for a boxed copy and $5.87 for a download. I'm not 100% sure how the free month works with the download, but I assume you still get it. Regardless, could be a good deal for anyone looking to get into an MMO. I don't think you can go wrong for 3 bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zantra']It went free to play. You can download it for free, on the offiicial site.[/QUOTE]

Damn it, I bought 15 copies to resell the steam keys. MOTHER fuckER!

EDIT: How come I don't get shaq fu?

[quote name='Zantra']It went free to play. You can download it for free, on the official site.[/QUOTE]

It's not free to play, just has a level 1-20 trial. Buying it gets you the full game.

[quote name='Zantra']Still, you can download it for free. No need to pay cash, to obtain the game.[/QUOTE]

except you need the cd key which costs $$$

[quote name='NutManIV']$3.46 for a boxed copy and $5.87 for a download. I'm not 100% sure how the free month works with the download, but I assume you still get it. Regardless, could be a good deal for anyone looking to get into an MMO. I don't think you can go wrong for 3 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Third-party seller. But yeah, worst you have the hassle of shipping it back or you're out 3 bucks.

[quote name='coldgears']Damn it, I bought 15 copies to resell the steam keys. MOTHER fuckER!

EDIT: How come I don't get shaq fu?[/QUOTE]

Plaaaaaanet pretty kill. Moooother fucker hang me on a thrill!

Huh, I got a shaq fu. Maybe it only works in all caps. MOTHER fuckER.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AsherFischell']Plaaaaaanet pretty kill. Moooother fucker hang me on a thrill!

Huh, I got a shaq fu. Maybe it only works in all caps. MOTHER fuckER.[/QUOTE]

lol

[quote name='Zantra']Still, you can download it for free. No need to pay cash, to obtain the game.[/QUOTE]

I don't think this is true since they still have buttons to buy the game on the official site, and areas to enter your CD Keys.

If this IS the case you're still getting the 30 days playtime for $3 instead of $15.

[quote name='gantt']Third-party seller. But yeah, worst you have the hassle of shipping it back or you're out 3 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? I didn't know. I assumed it was Amazon because it had Prime shipping. I didn't know third party sellers had that. I think it's a non-issue though because mine came on time, sealed, etc.

[quote name='NutManIV']Oh really? I didn't know. I assumed it was Amazon because it had Prime shipping. I didn't know third party sellers had that. I think it's a non-issue though because mine came on time, sealed, etc.[/QUOTE]

It's fulfilled by Amazon, so not surprising that Amazon's shipping terms apply (FSSS, Prime). Different third party now; this time, one that I've heard of: f.y.e. - but I didn't know they still sold games. Anyway, glad it worked out for you.

Super tempting for 4 dollars. Maybe ill just stick with the free trial...probably wont play past level 20

UPDATE: Physical copy is $1.50 now. Download still $5.58

EDIT: Ok upon further examination this is not entirely accurate. The physical copy is being sold by a third party that also tacks on a $3.99 shipping charge. So not as great of a deal as it was previously. It's about the same price either way for download or physical so at this point I would go with the download. You get the free month with it. The way it gives you the free 30 days (from what I could tell) is by selecting Pre paid card as payment option and entering your CD key. They'll have to give you a CD key because it is required to add the full game to your account on the site.

bread's done
Back