Rift PC $37.99

I'd imagine that it's $37 because the developers want to have a good amount of players in the beginning of its life cycle or to lure players from other MMOs.

If it's still on sale in a month for that price, or even lower, then that would be a cause for concern. I think games like Aion or Champions Online halved their MRSP prices within 3 weeks of launch due to lukewarm reception.

Also note, this deal is for a CD-key only, so... that could also explain the price. I'd be wary.

been playing this since beta 3. Rock solid servers, expect cues if you start on a high population server. it polishes what is popular, amalgamizes what is unique, and blends it all together in its on flavor.

The feeling i've gotten is what i used to feel back in eq. i love the class system which is bizzare in its freedom. you can make a class build that is crap... the dev's don't apoligize for this. instead they give you the tools to adapt... you pick from 4 class roles, (warrior, mage, cleric, rogue) and in those roles you have a choice of 8 classes (souls) you pick 3 of those classes to blend together in your own unique way... and you have 4-sets of these sets of 3 souls that you can switch to... dynamically on the fly.

The ui is familiar to anyone who's played an mmo in the last 5 or 6 years ,think eq2/wow. and the graphics are both attractive, and can be run on a wide variety of hardware. the servers are stable, the devs are responsive. the community is nascent. and the dynmic content roxs.

in general if you like mmo's this is what you should be playing.

oh and btw.the reason there is so many deals on the game right now is both because trion just spent a huge amount on advertising, and that the response to the game during pre-release and now at release has been well beyond their expectations so now's the time to make some money on volume. i got my collector's edition during a special a month ago for 20% off from direct to drive... so i paid what the normal retail was for a digital collector's edition. i gladly bought my husband's copy for 79.99 retail.

$37.00 is a steal for this game.

[quote name='stabito']does this game have monthly fees because if it does ill just wait for guild wars 2 and diablo 3[/QUOTE]

yeah $15 a month

Never heard of wtsmystuff.com so I'd be wary of picking it up. You can get the game (standard or collector's) for 15% off from Direct2Drive using this link and get 15% off. Not as cheap as this $37 deal, but a heck of a lot less questionable.

BTW, the game is excellent. It's very similar to WoW, but not in a "this is a complete ripoff" type of way. It basically took the best stuff from WoW (and let's face it, 80% of WoW is best in class) and then added/changed some stuff to make it even better (in my opinion). Not to bash WoW, but Rift is basically WoW with more realistic graphics, a much more flexible class/role system, and great ideas for public grouping.

I don't know about the graphics being realistic from playing the beta. Unless you mean compared to Wow being cartoon like. I wanna get this game as cheap as possible but wanna know about this site. Oh nevermind 42$ is just as good.

Just found out from other forum you can use the code burnout. It will give 20% off rift from Direct2Drive making that a much better deal.

[quote name='UnrealZero']Just found out from other forum you can use the code burnout. It will give 20% off rift from Direct2Drive making that a much better deal.[/QUOTE]
Oh cool! If that burnout code will give 20%, then use that instead of my link for sure. Either way, it's a great game. And I didn't mean realistic like you'd think it was real-life. I was more comparing it to WoW's more stylized, less realistic look.

I purchased it from wtsmystuff.com. I purchased it the other night and woke up and in the morning and got my cd key. In the email there was the cd key and a set of instructions on how to setup the account and download the game.

They ended up giving me the collectors edition for doing many purchases within the last month.

So I basically got a $80 game for $37.

I also checked out the gameplay and it looks similar to WoW. I asked some people who played Rift and they said they like it more than WoW.

[quote name='UnrealZero']i feel like it will get old quick and not be worth to pay for another month.[/QUOTE]
If you haven't played the beta or read up on the game, then I don't get what you're basing your feeling on. If you're not into MMOs, then yeah, you probably won't like it. It's an MMO, and it's a lot like WoW (but with some nice improvements). Also, you get the first 30 days for free, so you don't need to worry about the subscription fee for a month. Personally, I get way more than $15/month of fun from Rift. It's a great game.

I did plenty of reading,beta and played most mmo games. Not saying it's a bad game. I played about 10hours one day and had high hopes. Closing the rifts got old really quick in the beta. I'll most likely pick it up down the line. I have curiosity of what changed from beta but feel like it will go the way of Wow. In the sense of Level Raid Gear Rise Repeat. Many claim Rift to be next gen mmo but it feels like another game rather then it's own so far. A good example is Guild Wars, it feels like a different game rather then a clone of something else.

[quote name='Trojan']Never heard of wtsmystuff.com so I'd be wary of picking it up. You can get the game (standard or collector's) for 15% off from Direct2Drive using this link and get 15% off. Not as cheap as this $37 deal, but a heck of a lot less questionable.

BTW, the game is excellent. It's very similar to WoW, but not in a "this is a complete ripoff" type of way. It basically took the best stuff from WoW (and let's face it, 80% of WoW is best in class) and then added/changed some stuff to make it even better (in my opinion). Not to bash WoW, but Rift is basically WoW with more realistic graphics, a much more flexible class/role system, and great ideas for public grouping.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. I was looking at some more gameplay video and sort of looks like guild wars 2.

My internet has been pretty slow these few days so I haven't finished downloading yet.

Nah, that's a main site where I purchase most my pc games from. They have great deals for most items. Most other deals I find end up being posted before me haha.

As for the game goes, I do like Rift. It is worth buying than DC Universe.

bread's done
Back