Rift (PC) 50% off for Memorial Day Weekend -- $25 SE, $30 CE

Esoteria

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Didn't see this mentioned anywhere, although I have had trouble with the search function.

https://www.riftgame.com/en/products/index.php

Digital versions of Rift are 50% off for Memorial Day weekend at Trion Worlds.
Standard Edition - $24.99
Collector's Edition - $29.99

These are the same as any other digital versions (via Steam, D2D, etc) except that you get an item which increases Experience by 5% until lv 20 (Meh.).

FYI, D2D recently had a very similar 50% off sale on both versions of Rift, which could be stacked with a 25% off coupon. This has expired.

I wikied the post in case there are similar (or better) deals someone wants to add.

as a reminder to anyone thinking about taking the jump (which I already have, fantastic MMO), there is a fully featured 10 day trial you can get on the rift website.

[quote name='TraBuch']A mount and a bigger bag.[/QUOTE]
The mount will set you ahead by about 20 levels...The bag is negligible. However, both are definitely nice. And you should also get a minipet which is glowingly awesome.

Rift's nice...But it definitely isn't as addicting as WoW...Even though about as much care went into its design.

Yeah, I'm in the middle of my free trial, so this is very relevant for me.

I'm considering making the jump, because the game is clearly well put-together. There are very few interface- or gameplay-related things that bug me about it, which is saying a lot. Unfortunately I'm just so sick of the same stupid fantasy environments, classes, races, etc, I'm not sure I can put up with it. I didn't even play WoW but I still feel like I've played 100 games with the exactly same story/content.

The rifts and stuff are fun. I'll have to see what I think of it on Monday (assuming the sale goes through Monday).

I think I'm going to go ahead and buy Rift. The cost of entry is low enough that if I get sick of it I won't have felt like I wasted my money.

I'm at the limits of my free trial and planning to go ahead and buy the game before midnight in case the Memorial Day weekend sale happens to end then (unlikely).

However, I know there are some benefits to the "Ascend-a-friend" campaign (the guy who posted above me seems aware of this... :D), so before I buy it I wanted to see if I could help anyone out. In return, though, I want to be linked in with your guild. I'm a Bard. I've also been on the Perspice shard thus far if that matters.

PM me. =)

I also don't understand the Digital Version of the Collector's Edition. I think the point was to own the physical collector items. I recently just purchased it with some Amazon credit I had left over. Just received it in the mail and will be trying it out today :)

The digital CE nets you a 60% mount and increases your primary bag from 16 inventory spaces to 24 (if I remember right) across all your characters. The mount helps a lot but is replaced at higher levels, but while you have 4 more bags slots for new bags there is no other way to upgrade your primary bag. It's well worth the $5.

Seems fun but VERY similar to WoW, LotR, and Warhammer online...then again I'm guessing for a long time to come every MMO will be very similar.

It's been on sale a few times lately, for $25 it's tempting but I'll wait until it's on sale at BB again and I have some credit...or the same for Amazon.

[quote name='JKSonic']Seems fun but VERY similar to WoW, LotR, and Warhammer online...then again I'm guessing for a long time to come every MMO will be very similar.

It's been on sale a few times lately, for $25 it's tempting but I'll wait until it's on sale at BB again and I have some credit...or the same for Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Oh it's like a complete WoW clone, but it has other elements that add a certain style and flair to the genre. I'll give it a shot for my free month, and if it starts to get boring, I'll cancel. Aion anyone? ;)

The game's definitely worth the price of entry. You'll get at least $30 worth out of it. However, I'm finding I want to play it much less as the days go on...It's so much like WoW.

RIFT is like WoW only in minor ways, like the UI default layout for example. But when you think about it, the only reason why people think RIFT is a WoW clone is because they haven't realized that WoW set a new standard for the MMO genre...

I only need one more referal so if someones planning on buying it why not just help me out ^^ you get free ingame reward as well! pm me

[quote name='JustinTheGamer']RIFT is like WoW only in minor ways, like the UI default layout for example. But when you think about it, the only reason why people think RIFT is a WoW clone is because they haven't realized that WoW set a new standard for the MMO genre...

I only need one more referal so if someones planning on buying it why not just help me out ^^ you get free ingame reward as well! pm me[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

And anyone else thinking of joining...Hit me up as well. :D

When people say its a clone, i in some sense it is but it's about as much of a clone as MW is to battlefield or street fighter 4 is to MVC3. also well people from wow go into the game not even giving it a chance and spread all kinds of bad info that hte game is a complete waste.

anywyas if you're tired of wow and need something to do before Guildwars 2 or after/before 4.2 then i think this would be a great game to pick up.
i dont really p lay it much anymore but i dont regret playing it. it hink it's a good game for 3 months or so, 1-50 and some dungeons. then like wow just run out of stuff to do.
if rift had better pvp i probably would of dropped wow completely hehe.

edit ya get the collectors edition. it's worth it. get the mount much sooner and get an epic bag. :)

bread's done
Back