RIFT Regular (digital) $9.99 Collectors Edition (digital) $16.99 June 17-19

I'm not gonna buy it either way, but what's the reason behind the large price drops shortly after release?

Vanilla WoW and its expansions didn't really drop for a long time after they were released... Is the Rift population decreasing to the point they need to grab new subscribers or???

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I'm not gonna buy it either way, but what's the reason behind the large price drops shortly after release?

Vanilla WoW and its expansions didn't really drop for a long time after they were released... Is the Rift population decreasing to the point they need to grab new subscribers or???[/QUOTE]

Well the majority of income is through subscriptions so I think all the sales RIFT's been having is just a strategy to periodically grab new players.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']So you don't get the first month free with this?[/QUOTE]
DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY GAMEPLAY TIME. Credit, debit or game time card will be required to begin gameplay and pay the monthly recurring subscription fee.

I might have checked it out if it did come with a month of gameplay but thanks anyways martyback.

[quote name='martyback']Game time would've been great but with sub it's $25 which isn't too shabby. Plus you have about two days to give it a trial run.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why they even bother offering the upgrade from a trial without any game time.

lol I was about to jump on this til I saw that it doesnt come with a free month. Damn. Hell no for me. Ill get it for like $5 one day in the future to play it for a month. lol. Thats it. 30 day demo. :D.

I just bought it so my wife could play the game with me. She bought the Collectors and it came with a month free. If anyone is going to buy it shoot me a pm first or click the link in my sign and I can refer you. I need one more person to refer and Ill get the mount, lol.

if you go to the main page and click on the F day special, it brings you to the copies with the 30 days...the original link for Trial upgrade is still $10/$17

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']I don't understand digital collector's editions... if it's digital, there's not any "stuff" to collect.[/QUOTE]
They're 'digital collectors' -- people who collect digital things. :)

On a side note, for clarification, does the Collector's Edition for $17 come with a free month of gameplay? Isn't that cheaper than getting the regular edition + a month subscription?

The link from the email still points to the 9.99/16.99 prices, the link from the main pages takes you to the 24.99/31.99 prices.

Either way its the same thing, I guess it was just that RIFT FOR $10 sounded better in an email blast.

This deal seemed good at first ... but without game time ... it appears to be a RIFT-off ...

Thank you, thank you ... I'm here all week.

[quote name='zakai']They're 'digital collectors' -- people who collect digital things. :)

On a side note, for clarification, does the Collector's Edition for $17 come with a free month of gameplay? Isn't that cheaper than getting the regular edition + a month subscription?[/QUOTE]

My buddies and wifes did, they both bought the collectors for $16.99 and they have a free month. Cant say about the reg but they are playing right now and havent been charge for a month yet.

I just got the collectors edition, if it does come with a free month then basically I paid 1.99 for the collectors edition which is an amazing deal. Funny thing is that my friend just today was telling me how cool it was and that I should play the game with him.

Edit, i checked my paypal and they already charged me the 14.99 for the first month, so it does not come with it :(

bread's done
Back