Right now, in my computer lab...

D

Dick Tracy

Two emo kids (one wearing a Nightmare Before Christmas tie) are talking about how "just... stupid" Microsoft is because "sure, Xbox has great graphics... but who wants to lug around something bigger than your house!!!" "It's huge... it's just... stupid..."

2002 was three years ago, mother fucker.

They're also talking about how XBOX 360 will be selectively backwards compatable with only a few titles. I love idiots with months old news.

Oh, shit... they're talking about the Revolution controller.

I'll draw an MSPaint picture illustrating the fragrant stupidity later.

It's your obligation to fuel the fire. Tell them lots of made up stuff about how stupi Microsoft is. We don't want them on Live next generation.

They're also talking about how XBOX 360 will be selectively backwards compatable with only a few titles. I love idiots with months old news.

I don't think anyone knows wtf is going on with the backwards compatibility. Everything i've heard states that it'll be BC with top selling titles at launch with updates to the emulator issued via XBM demo discs or dashboard updates and eventually they'll all be playable.. or something..

One is speaking as though he is a gaming prophet.

"There's no... universal game... A universal game that everyone will like. No universal console that everyone will like. It's just... stupid."

[quote name='Brak']One is speaking as though he is a gaming prophet.

"There's no... universal game... A universal game that everyone will like. No universal console that everyone will like. It's just... stupid."[/QUOTE]

There's no "universal game" for any system, it's impossible to make a game that will appeal to everyone.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']It's your obligation to fuel the fire. Tell them lots of made up stuff about how stupi Microsoft is. We don't want them on Live next generation.[/QUOTE]

If I was sitting near them, I would. :(

One just said, and I quote, "I only like newer games." What does that even mean?

[quote name='Scorch']There's no "universal game" for any system, it's impossible to make a game that will appeal to everyone.[/QUOTE]

What about "hide the salami?"

[quote name='Brak']If I was sitting near them, I would. :(

One just said, and I quote, "I only like newer games." What does that even mean?[/QUOTE]

Newer games. Games that are new. The kind of gamer that won't go back to play POP, no matter how much better it is than Warrior Within.

[quote name='Scorch']I don't think anyone knows wtf is going on with the backwards compatibility. Everything i've heard states that it'll be BC with top selling titles at launch with updates to the emulator issued via XBM demo discs or dashboard updates and eventually they'll all be playable.. or something..[/QUOTE]

The last OXM, or the one before, said that Microsoft is working towards, as you said, updates (via-disc or Live Dashboard).

Then again, Sony said that the PS2 would be a "super-computer".

I'm in a lab, too-
44503020_138816401_0.jpeg

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']It's your obligation to fuel the fire. Tell them lots of made up stuff about how stupi Microsoft is. We don't want them on Live next generation.[/QUOTE]

Why not? That's a step up from the norm. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Why not? That's a step up from the norm. :lol:[/QUOTE]
'yea - at least they're attempting a conversation and its not "ZOMFG - t3h HALO 2 is GREATXORZ AND I c4n fucking PWNT y0u!"

[quote name='Brak']Two emo kids[/QUOTE]

What's an emo kid?
(I'm quite a bit out of date on these sorts of things)

[quote name='onetrackmind']yell out "only posers wear nightmare before christmas ties" I bet he will cry.[/QUOTE]

NBC used to be awesome, and then those fuckers had to steal it from us honest hardworking americans. Damn commies! :bomb:

What were we talking about again? :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']NBC used to be awesome, and then those fuckers had to steal it from us honest hardworking americans. Damn commies! :bomb:

What were we talking about again? :lol:[/QUOTE]

They're emo kids, expect them to take things from your childhood and destroy them for the sake of fashion and trendiness.

[quote name='onetrackmind']yell out "only posers wear nightmare before christmas ties" I bet he will cry.[/QUOTE]
yea, but he might also write a poem about how he feels when someone calls him a poser :shock:

I agree.

This should be the official post while you're in a lab topic. I have a 5 hour computer networking lab coming up.

I understand what the emo child is (thanks for the links) but what is the history/origin of the term 'emo'?

[quote name='Mr.Answer']I understand what the emo child is (thanks for the links) but what is the history/origin of the term 'emo'?[/QUOTE]

It is short for "emotional." So it used to be skinny boys that showed their emotion, but nowadays it has a much more derrogatory and far flung definition and use.

[quote name='Mr.Answer']I understand what the emo child is (thanks for the links) but what is the history/origin of the term 'emo'?[/QUOTE]

The actual term I believe is supposed to be shortened form of "emotional", where as emo music is "Emotional Music". The entire useage of the word is silly because what good music isn't emotional?

[quote name='mtxbass1']I'm still waiting on that MS Paint illustration from Brak's last topic. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'll second that :D

[quote name='onetrackmind']They're emo kids, expect them to take things from your childhood and destroy them for the sake of fashion and trendiness.[/QUOTE]

so far, they haven't touched the He-Man Universe, but I suppose it's only a matter of time before someone sees how ironically cool(or something) Moss Man is :(

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']What about "hide the salami?"[/QUOTE]

Lesbians don't like playing hide the salami, unless an actual salami is involved...

[quote name='Apossum']so far, they haven't touched the He-Man Universe, but I suppose it's only a matter of time before someone sees how ironically cool(or something) Moss Man is :([/QUOTE]

He-Man was never really a part of my childhood, aside from a couple toys. I never watched G.I. Joe, Transformers, or Thundercats either. In fact, I didn't even hear about Thundercats until high school. :oops: :lol:

The way I heard about it? A guy in my AP Euro class drove an '80 something thunderbird with cougar emblems. Of course, he called it "The Thundercat". :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']He-Man was never really a part of my childhood, aside from a couple toys. I never watched G.I. Joe, Transformers, or Thundercats either. In fact, I didn't even hear about Thundercats until high school. :oops: :lol:

The way I heard about it? A guy in my AP Euro class drove an '80 something thunderbird with cougar emblems. Of course, he called it "The Thundercat". :lol:[/QUOTE]

good god man...
what the fuck DID you watch???

[quote name='Derwood43']Is it just me or could you put on of Punq's pictures in that Emo YTMND?[/QUOTE]

yea, but Punq's not a little bitch...

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']He-Man was never really a part of my childhood, aside from a couple toys. I never watched G.I. Joe, Transformers, or Thundercats either. In fact, I didn't even hear about Thundercats until high school. :oops: :lol:[/QUOTE]
Almost the same here. Never saw those cartoons when I was a kid, though I guess noone should be surprised by that. :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Almost the same here. Never saw those cartoons when I was a kid, though I guess noone should be surprised by that. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm a weirdo too - I watched GI Joe if it was on and I happened to be in the room and I had a few "action figures" but I never go into that. I even missed TMNT :shock:

[quote name='joevan']I guess I'm a weirdo too - I watched GI Joe if it was on and I happened to be in the room and I had a few "action figures" but I never go into that. I even missed TMNT :shock:[/QUOTE]
Oh you poor deprived, individual...

[quote name='joevan']I guess I'm a weirdo too - I watched GI Joe if it was on and I happened to be in the room and I had a few "action figures" but I never go into that. I even missed TMNT :shock:[/QUOTE]

I remember watching TMNT a few times, but not every day. I had the toys (still have them actually) and I have the complete card set with all the stickers. :cool: I didn't get that 'til I was older though. :lol:

My sister used to watch Duck Tails, Darkwing Duck, and Tailspin, so I remember watching those with her. She also watched Rescue Rangers, Tiny Toons, and Animaniacs, but I was never a fan of those.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I remember watching TMNT a few times, but not every day. I had the toys (still have them actually) and I have the complete card set with all the stickers. :cool: I didn't get that 'til I was older though. :lol:

My sister used to watch Duck Tails, Darkwing Duck, and Tailspin, so I remember watching those with her. She also watched Rescue Rangers, Tiny Toons, and Animaniacs, but I was never a fan of those.[/QUOTE]

All my friends had the toys and I remember I wasn't cool b/c all I had was GI Joes :roll: which I thought were the coolest fucking thing ever.

[quote name='joevan']All my friends had the toys and I remember I wasn't cool b/c all I had was GI Joes :roll: which I thought were the coolest fucking thing ever.[/QUOTE]

Man the Pizza Thrower was the best thing ever. :cool: :lol:

And we seemed to have turned this into a new nostalgia thread. :oops:

I hope Brak doesn't mind. :lol:

[quote name='mtxbass1']I'm still waiting on that MS Paint illustration from Brak's last topic. ;)[/QUOTE]

Cripes! I forgot. I'll try to do that one, too. Still not home yet, though.

As for emo YTMND, I've always loved this'n:
http://hitlerisemo.ytmnd.com/

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Man the Pizza Thrower was the best thing ever. :cool: :lol:

And we seemed to have turned this into a new nostalgia thread. :oops:

I hope Brak doesn't mind. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I blame myself

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I hope Brak doesn't mind. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I don't care. When I have discussions in teh r/l, they're as chaotic as this.

By the way, I saw that somebody was glad that emo kids haven't gotten to He-Man and the Masters of the Universe yet. Well, sadly, they've stolen He-Man, Mr. T and Hulk Hogan and put them in a shitty Flash game.

http://emogame.com/

Check out the anti-Bush game.

By the way, when I first heard about the Emo Game site, I thought it was a saga making fun of emo kids... but it isn't.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I remember watching TMNT a few times, but not every day. I had the toys (still have them actually) and I have the complete card set with all the stickers. :cool: I didn't get that 'til I was older though. :lol:

My sister used to watch Duck Tails, Darkwing Duck, and Tailspin, so I remember watching those with her. She also watched Rescue Rangers, Tiny Toons, and Animaniacs, but I was never a fan of those.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I loved the TMNT toys (action figures, stuffed turtles, turtle van), as well as the Ghostbusters toys I had from the cartoon. I even had one of those ghost containment machines, which was very cool. I believe it was supposed to be kind of a toy that you could do magic with, but I could never figure it out. :lol:

[quote name='Scorch']Newer games. Games that are new. The kind of gamer that won't go back to play POP, no matter how much better it is than Warrior Within.[/QUOTE]
..or maybe prefers this generation over Pong?

bread's done
Back