Right Stuf Geneon Remix Sale (DEAD)

furyk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
www.rightstuf.com Geneon DVDs. Click on the search that says Geneon Remix in the top right corner to see what's in the sale and what isn't.

10 for $50 Coupon Code: REMIX10
25 for $100 Coupon Code: REMIX25

You must have the specified amount of DVDs for this to work.

Suggestions? Need filler? Here's some DVDs.

1 DVD Filler: Akira Deluxe Edition, Artimage Double Pack, Patlabor Movie 3 XIII LE, Para Para Mix 1, 2, 3 (CDs) Yuki Kaijura's Fiction (CD, she does all the music for .Hack, Noir, etc...), either Hellsing soundtrack.
2 DVD Filler: Magical Project S 1-2
3 DVD Filler: Tsukihime Lunar Legend 1-3, Someday's Dreamer 1-3

Other series suggestions:
Legend of Black Heaven: 1-4
Paranoia Agent: 1-4
New Getter Robo (with artbox): 1-4
Read or Die TV: 1-7
Gungrave: 1-7
Last Exile: 1-7 (with CD or artbox & figure)
Fighting Spirit: 1-13, 15 (Missing volume 14)

Need a different suggestion (or want me to add one), ask in the thread!

[quote name='yellowjacket621']For people who bought from the previous sale: Were there any problems with stock running out? Considering the lenght of the sale, I assume they will re-stock eventually, but I'm still a bit worried about my wishlist going out of stock. Thanks for any tips.[/QUOTE]

Yes, there were. I had to use this sale to pick up some "holes" in my collection. (Tokyo Underground #4). Also, I already see Dual 1, Doki Doki School 4, and a few others are gone. No Cyberteam this time around (missing 4 there)

Get now, they may come back--- but there's no guarantee.

As an FYI, despite them always saying to the contrary--- you *CAN* buy other DVDs as a part of your order and the coupons will work. I've done this with the previous sales (of course, you're still paying for the other DVDs you order)...

[quote name='Ndolger']Oh more than that. =X I'm still only about 30% done with the last Geneon sale where I got 100 DVDs as well. I really need to quit my job. But, then I couldn't afford these deals...a horrible dilemma.

Check your cart again...you might have encountered a cart explosion. If you leave it in there too long the cart will empty. A way to combat this is to put everything in your wishlist and bring it up to "shopping cart" when you're ready to buy.

Or there may be items in your cart that don't apply to the sale (even though it says it does). There was a problem last time with this. You couldn't add certain Tenchi titles and have the discount apply.

Edit: Noodle is probably right. Make sure you don't have 2 of the same title.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='furyk']imascrub: Koi Kaze? Really?... I don't mean to judge, but really?[/quote]

oh yea baby i'm dirty like that :roll:
i personally think it's a good series if you can take the time and get past the hurdle. It's got a pretty engaging story with good character interaction, and the presentation of the series is nice. Music is haunting but very good too. It's a series that made me sit for awhile after the final episode credits and just take in what happened. Come to think of it, Gungrave, Kenshin OAVs, and KgNE did that to me too. Probably why they're my tops.

Dang, need 3 more to make 10. Thinking about picking up The Last Exile (7) and I want Tsukihime, but Vol. 3 is out. Maybe Someday's Dreamer? It was in the OP so that's always good...

If you guys want a really good deal on Texhnolyze, Transworld owned stores (Fye, Sam Goody, Suncoast, Wherehouse, etc) are selling them 2 for $45 (w/ backstage pass). You can then trade one back for $41.75 cash or $50.62 credit. Meaning you either just paid $3.25 + tax for one, or they paid you $8~ credit.

[quote name='Bezerker']If you guys want a really good deal on Texhnolyze, Transworld owned stores (Fye, Sam Goody, Suncoast, Wherehouse, etc) are selling them 2 for $45 (w/ backstage pass). You can then trade one back for $41.75 cash or $50.62 credit. Meaning you either just paid $3.25 + tax for one, or they paid you $8~ credit.[/QUOTE]

Have you actually done this? Cause it seems strange that they would give that much back.

[quote name='ofacto']Have you actually done this? Cause it seems strange that they would give that much back.[/QUOTE]

I saw a used boxset of the Texhnolyze series for $24.99 @ FYE, so I doubt the trade in value is high. However, I need to fill in some missing volumes. Can anyone confirm if the individual volumes will each have the lenticular pencil boards included? Rightstuf offers such crazy anime goodness.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']I saw a used boxset of the Texhnolyze series for $24.99 @ FYE, so I doubt the trade in value is high. However, I need to fill in some missing volumes. Can anyone confirm if the individual volumes will each have the lenticular pencil boards included? Rightstuf offers such crazy anime goodness.[/quote]

According to secondspin (which is what they use for pricing.) its worth 37.50, additional 10% cash for Backstage Pass, or 35% credit brings it up to $42~ or $50ish (its too late for me to start thinking math.)

Finding a store with two would probably be the hardest thing.

I've never ordered from Rightstuf before. I didn't get an email notification about my order being shipped. Anyone know how long this should take to process/send?

If this was answered before I apologize for the repeat.

May have to pass up on this one. Or wait about 2 weeks. Hopefully they dont end this sale early like they did with the ADV one.

I'm also gonna need some filler. 2 or 3 dvds worth.

These are the dvds I'm interested in:

R.OD. Vol.1
Vol.2
Vol.3
Vol.4
Vol.5
Vol.6
Vol.7
Fafner Vol.1
Vol.2
Vol.3
Vol.4
Vol.5
Vol.6
Vol.7
Ikki Tousen Vol.1
Vol.2
Vol.3
Vol.4
Black Heaven Vol.1
Vol.2
Vol.3
Vol.4
Chobits Vol.5 (since they didnt have this one included with the last sale. :(

So if I leave Chobits in I need 2 dvds. If I take it out I need 3.

Any good 2 dvd or 3 dvd series?

I'd really like to catch in on this.but I need filler. And TC thanks for the filler you mention.but I'll pass on those.

I'm thinking of getting Texhnolyze after reading a bit about it. Also looking at R.O.D. and Gungrave.

Basically, if I had to pick one series of the above (or something different altogether), what would you guys recommend? I'm probably just doing one order of 10 DVDs. I don't have near the amount of money you guys apparently do.

Akira Deluxe
Fushigi Yugi 1-3 The rest where sold out :cry:
Gungrave 1-7 so happy about this one
Lain 1-4
Someday's Dreamers 1-3 never watched this heard it was good
Trigun 1-7 Eight was sold out

I missed the last sale like this so I was sad, glad to jump on this one but I wish they had more stuff to choose from.Total savings on items on your order: $571.00. Now to cry when I look at my bank account I just had a big order from right stuff that hasn't even come in damn you Haruhi and bargin bin deals :D

[quote name='Z-Saber']I'm thinking of getting Texhnolyze after reading a bit about it. Also looking at R.O.D. and Gungrave.

Basically, if I had to pick one series of the above (or something different altogether), what would you guys recommend? I'm probably just doing one order of 10 DVDs. I don't have near the amount of money you guys apparently do.[/QUOTE]
R.O.D The TV, absolutely no question about it. All three are good, but R.O.D is the hands-down winner.

Placed my Second Order, Some stuff had gone out of stock when I woke up, but a few hours later they were back. That was enough motivation for me. I'll pick up R.O.D if the vol7 with Box comes back in stock or I can find a cheap place to get one. Read or Die is probably going be around a long while anyways. Been trying to get stuff that will be harder to find down the road. I probably just guaranteed Budget sets of Fighting Spirit will be out eventually though.

pd10505 Black Heaven, Legend of DVD 1 (Hyb): Rock Bottom 1 $0.00
pd10502 Black Heaven, Legend of DVD 2 (Hyb): Space Truckin' 1 $0.00
pd10503 Black Heaven, Legend of DVD 3 (Hyb): All Right Now 1 $0.00
pd10504 Black Heaven, Legend of DVD 4 (Hyb): Into the Arena 1 $0.00
pd12214 Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) DVD 1 (Hyb): The First Step 1 $0.00
pd12223 Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) DVD 10 (Hyb): The Red Wolf 1 $0.00
pd12224 Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) DVD 11 (Hyb): The Japan Featherweight 1 $0.00
pd12225 Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) DVD 12 (Hyb): Look of Determination 1 $0.00
pd12226 Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) DVD 13 (Hyb): Youth of Fire 1 $0.00
pd12228 Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) DVD 15 (Hyb): One Step Further 1 $0.00
pd12215 Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) DVD 2 (Hyb): The Debut Match 1 $0.00
pd12216 Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) DVD 3 (Hyb): Test of Endurance
pd12217 Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) DVD 4 (Hyb): Dream of a KO 1
pd12218 Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) DVD 5 (Hyb): Forward! Forward!
pd12219 Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) DVD 6 (Hyb): Death Match 1
pd12220 Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) DVD 7 (Hyb): Smash Force 1
pd12221 Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) DVD 8 (Hyb): The Champ and I 1
pd12222 Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) DVD 9 (Hyb): The Speed Star 1
geneonsale25 Geneon Special Promo: 25 for $100 offer (*) 1 $100.00
pd11903 Magical Project S DVD Set 1 (S): Pretty Sammy Debut! 1 $0.00
pd11904 Magical Project S DVD Set 2 (S): Pixy Misa Finale! 1 $0.00
pd12362 Star Ocean EX DVD 2 (Hyb): Dragon's Teeth 1 $0.00
pd12363 Star Ocean EX DVD 3 (Hyb): Magical Moonlit Flowers 1 $0.00
pd12364 Star Ocean EX DVD 4 (Hyb): Ruins and Hopes 1 $0.00
pd12365 Star Ocean EX DVD 5 (Hyb): El Continent 1 $0.00
pd12366 Star Ocean EX DVD 6 (Hyb): The Legendary Warrior

BTW, for anyone else picking up the ROD tv series, the OAV disk is a little less than $10 @ DDD right now. I went ahead & grabbed it too to complete the set.

Which should I watch first? I'm assuming the OAV, since I believe it was released first.

[quote name='argyle']BTW, for anyone else picking up the ROD tv series, the OAV disk is a little less than $10 @ DDD right now. I went ahead & grabbed it too to complete the set.

Which should I watch first? I'm assuming the OAV, since I believe it was released first.[/quote]
The OVA is really really good. I would say watch that one first only because it came out first. I have yet to see the TV series, but if it's anything like the OVA I know I'll enjoy it.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

I screwed up my order yesterday and accidentally got an extra copy of ROD the TV vol.7 instead of volume 1 (I ordered the artbox from somewhere else.) I tried to call and have my order changed, but they said it's already packed, I can't change it, and I can't exchange it later.

Please, PLEASE- can someone get me a copy of volume 1? I'll trade for my extra copy of 7, plus my old copy of Last Exile vol.1. I'm desperate here!!!!

On the Stellvia point, I watched the first three DVDs or so, and I like it. It acts like a slice of life and sorta lighthearted, but I heard the anime gets better and a bit more deeper in later eps. I could be wrong though, but going by summaries on the back of the cases, it looks like it.

The sale is going to run till the 27th that is a lot of time for them to restock and possibly add new titles. Hopefully a big storm doesn't role in and cause them to bug out again.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

I screwed up my order yesterday and accidentally got an extra copy of ROD the TV vol.7 instead of volume 1 (I ordered the artbox from somewhere else.) I tried to call and have my order changed, but they said it's already packed, I can't change it, and I can't exchange it later.

Please, PLEASE- can someone get me a copy of volume 1? I'll trade for my extra copy of 7, plus my old copy of Last Exile vol.1. I'm desperate here!!!![/QUOTE]
They won't even let you send it back to exchange?

[quote name='***J***']Is Samurai Champloo included in this?[/QUOTE]

Just the UMDs. Just check the Bandai link in the upper right corner of the main page. Itll link you to all the dvds/cds/umds in the sale.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']They won't even let you send it back to exchange?[/QUOTE]

Nope- that was the first thing I asked when she said I couldn't change my order.

My sister thinks she might order something, so I'm hoping I can talk her into getting vol.1 for me.

(Maybe it's just me, but Rightstuf's CS has been less-than-stellar lately...)

[quote name='Drahken']
Anyone seen Melody of Oblivion or Gad Guard?[/quote]

Gad Guard, no (I just ordered it tho'), but I picked up MoO last time- I'm about haflway through right now, and I personally like it. It's got a very 'monster-of-the-week' shonen flavor, but twisted... each bad guy takes a few episodes to go down. There's a sprinkling of sexual innuendo, and the villains are presented in a kind-of surreal style. At the same time, I'm halfway through and they've done very little to explain the who/why/whats of the villain's motives, or just who/what the Melody of Oblivion is.

You could do a lot worse.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Please, PLEASE- can someone get me a copy of volume 1? I'll trade for my extra copy of 7, plus my old copy of Last Exile vol.1. I'm desperate here!!!![/quote]

I'm still debating about placing another order. I already placed three so I need to make sure I am not overextending myself. I'll decide in the next two days most likely. If I decide to do another order and they still have some, I'll try to get one. If someone else can help you out before then, that is cool.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']

Gad Guard, no (I just ordered it tho'), but I picked up MoO last time- I'm about haflway through right now, and I personally like it. It's got a very 'monster-of-the-week' shonen flavor, but twisted... each bad guy takes a few episodes to go down. There's a sprinkling of sexual innuendo, and the villains are presented in a kind-of surreal style. At the same time, I'm halfway through and they've done very little to explain the who/why/whats of the villain's motives, or just who/what the Melody of Oblivion is.

You could do a lot worse.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Nope- that was the first thing I asked when she said I couldn't change my order.

My sister thinks she might order something, so I'm hoping I can talk her into getting vol.1 for me.

(Maybe it's just me, but Rightstuf's CS has been less-than-stellar lately...)

[/quote]

Maybe they just had way too many swaps last time and had to put the kibosh (sp?) on it?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Maybe they just had way too many swaps last time and had to put the kibosh (sp?) on it?[/QUOTE]

I did a swap out yesterday within hours of the sale going active but I doubt they even had time to start processing the order.

[quote name='Bezerker']For anyone looking for Ai Yori Aoshi V1 w/ box, Dvdplanet has it used for $3~ shipped after GCO.

From what ive heard, this box goes for over $60 on ebay, i guess ill be generous for once and let someone else that needs it have it.

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Details.cfm?info=PIO11938DVD&CFID=13610223&CFTOKEN=7433f1b9fde5a5e1-FC26FCE0-1321-1B2C-798D836411CED0DB[/quote]
Oh man! Thanks so much for posting that Bezerker! What a great deal (assuming it's in good shape and actually comes with the box).

Doesn't look like GCO $10 off is working at DVDplanet.com. But did use 20OFFSALE to get it for $10.79 shipped. Woot! (I would have used GCO, but their "20OFFSALE" doesn't work through it; had to make an account at DVDplanet).

Been looking for this box forever! Thanks again!

As for the sale...wtf? They're not doing swaps anymore? But...how am I going to get vol 7 of R.O.D? :(

[quote name='Ndolger']Oh man! Thanks so much for posting that Bezerker! What a great deal (assuming it's in good shape and actually comes with the box).

Doesn't look like GCO $10 off is working at DVDplanet.com. But did use 20OFFSALE to get it for $10.79 shipped. Woot! (I would have used GCO, but their "20OFFSALE" doesn't work through it; had to make an account at DVDplanet).

Been looking for this box forever! Thanks again!

As for the sale...wtf? They're not doing swaps anymore? But...how am I going to get vol 7 of R.O.D? :([/quote]

make another order of 10 or 25 ;) like im going to do

pd12307Fushigi Yugi DVD 1 (Hyb) 1$0.00 pd12308Fushigi Yugi DVD 2 (Hyb) 1$0.00 geneonsale25Geneon Special Promo: 25 for $100 offer (*) 1$100.00 pd12144Lain, Serial Experiments DVD 1 (Hyb): Navi - Geneon Signature Series 1$0.00 pd12206Lain, Serial Experiments DVD 2 (Hyb): Knights - Geneon Signature Series 1$0.00 pd12240Lain, Serial Experiments DVD 3 (Hyb): Deus - Geneon Signature Series 1$0.00 pd12241Lain, Serial Experiments DVD 4 (Hyb): Reset - Geneon Signature Series 1$0.00 pd12497Melody of Oblivion DVD 1 (Hyb): Arrangement + Artbox 1$0.00 pd12499Melody of Oblivion DVD 2 (Hyb): Monotone 1$0.00 pd12500Melody of Oblivion DVD 3 (Hyb): Metronome 1$0.00 pd12501Melody of Oblivion DVD 4 (Hyb): Solo 1$0.00 pd12502Melody of Oblivion DVD 5 (Hyb): Refrain 1$0.00 pd12503Melody of Oblivion DVD 6 (Hyb): Final Score 1$0.00 pd12431Mermaid Forest DVD 1 (Hyb): Quest for Death 1$0.00 pd12432Mermaid Forest DVD 2 (Hyb): Bitter Flesh 1$0.00 pd12324Requiem from the Darkness DVD 2 (Hyb): Human Atrocity 1$0.00 pd12325Requiem from the Darkness DVD 3 (Hyb): Pain of the Damned 1$0.00 pd12326Requiem from the Darkness DVD 4 (Hyb): Eternal Rest 1$0.00 pd12335Stellvia DVD 1 (Hyb): Foundation I 1$0.00 pd12336Stellvia DVD 2 (Hyb): Foundation II 1$0.00 pd12337Stellvia DVD 3 (Hyb): Foundation III 1$0.00 pd12338Stellvia DVD 4 (Hyb): Foundation IV 1$0.00 pd12339Stellvia DVD 5 (Hyb): Foundation V 1$0.00 pd12340Stellvia DVD 6 (Hyb): Foundation VI 1$0.00 pd12341Stellvia DVD 7 (Hyb): Foundation VII 1$0.00 pd12342Stellvia DVD 8 (Hyb): Foundation VIII 1$0.00

Item Subtotal: $100.00

i've found the haibane renmei box for pretty cheap somewhere (under $9)...can anyone recommend the box to me? is the art work on the outside and the quality of the box worth that price?

Yea, I called today to see if I could change my order (up it to a 25 disk order) but she said it was either already packed or had actually left the warehouse (I wasn't clear which). I didn't need to spend the extra anyway, so that's fine.

I was shocked that it was shipping so fast tho, since the last few big deals I've gotten in on from rightstuf.com have taken a while to ship. I didn't mind, I just figured that was the cost of the deal.

One last question: I'm getting a few complete series and then these titles:
ROD the TV: 1 and 2
Fighting Spirit: 1 and 2
Master Keaton: 1
Lupin the 3rd: 1

Am I better off getting the third volumes of ROD and Fighting Spirit, or trying out the others? I've never seen any of them.

Here's the rest of my order:
Last Exile 1-7
Haibane Renmei 1-4
Serial Experiments Lain 1-4
Paranoia Agent 1-4

[quote name='animemaniac14']i've found the haibane renmei box for pretty cheap somewhere (under $9)...can anyone recommend the box to me? is the art work on the outside and the quality of the box worth that price?[/quote]
Where did you find the box? Online retailer?

[quote name='Drahken']I did a swap out yesterday within hours of the sale going active but I doubt they even had time to start processing the order.[/QUOTE]
Ditto, about an hour after the sale started. That sure stinks if they aren't letting you guys do that anymore.

[quote name='yellowjacket621']Am I better off getting the third volumes of ROD and Fighting Spirit, or trying out the others? I've never seen any of them.[/QUOTE]
I'd go for the third volumes of each. Both shows are just so damn good that you'll want to see more. I'm also a Keaton and Lupin fan, but those shows just don't stand up to the awesomeness of R.O.D and Fighting Spirit.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I'd go for the third volumes of each. Both shows are just so damn good that you'll want to see more. I'm also a Keaton and Lupin fan, but those shows just don't stand up to the awesomeness of R.O.D and Fighting Spirit.[/quote]I found out that ROD Volume 3 ends in a cliffhanger, so I went with 4 as well. Thanks to the people who encouraged me to place this soon; the Last Exile volume 1 LE may go OOS soon. Here's my order:

pd12214Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) DVD 1 (Hyb): The First Step 1$0.00
pd12215Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) DVD 2 (Hyb): The Debut Match 1$0.00
geneonsale25Geneon Special Promo: 25 for $100 offer (*) 1$100.00
pd12046Haibane Renmei DVD 1 (Hyb): New Feather 1$0.00
pd12047Haibane Renmei DVD 2 (Hyb): Wings of Sorrow 1$0.00
pd12048Haibane Renmei DVD 3 (Hyb): Bird of Freedom 1$0.00
pd12049Haibane Renmei DVD 4 (Hyb): Day of Flight 1$0.00
pd12144Lain, Serial Experiments DVD 1 (Hyb): Navi - Geneon Signature Series 1$0.00
pd12206Lain, Serial Experiments DVD 2 (Hyb): Knights - Geneon Signature Series 1$0.00
pd12240Lain, Serial Experiments DVD 3 (Hyb): Deus - Geneon Signature Series 1$0.00
pd12241Lain, Serial Experiments DVD 4 (Hyb): Reset - Geneon Signature Series 1$0.00
pd12122Last Exile DVD 1 (Hyb): First Move + Artbox + Limited Extra 1$0.00
pd12125Last Exile DVD 2 (Hyb): Positional Play 1$0.00
pd12126Last Exile DVD 3 (Hyb): Discovered Attack 1$0.00
pd12127Last Exile DVD 4 (Hyb): Breakthrough 1$0.00
pd12128Last Exile DVD 5 (Hyb): Grand Stream 1$0.00
pd12129Last Exile DVD 6 (Hyb): Queen Delphine 1$0.00
pd12130Last Exile DVD 7 (Hyb): Sealed Move 1$0.00
pd12377Paranoia Agent DVD 1 (Hyb): Enter Lil' Slugger 1$0.00
pd12378Paranoia Agent DVD 2 (Hyb): True Believers 1$0.00
pd12379Paranoia Agent DVD 3 (Hyb): Serial Psychosis 1$0.00
pd12380Paranoia Agent DVD 4 (Hyb): Sayonara Maromi 1$0.00
pd12167Read or Die (R.O.D.) TV DVD 1 (Hyb): The Paper Sisters 1$0.00
pd12168Read or Die (R.O.D.) TV DVD 2 (Hyb): The Undercover Student 1$0.00
pd12169Read or Die (R.O.D.) TV DVD 3 (Hyb): The Past 1$0.00
pd12170Read or Die (R.O.D.) TV DVD 4 (Hyb): The Turning Point 1$0.00

Item Subtotal: $100.00 Shipping: Economy - Free

How long should I expect this to take to get to me?

Total noob question here... what overlap is there between the Tenchi DVDs on this site and the new box sets that are coming out this month? Is it all the same stuff, or is there a branch of the Tenchi series here that isn't covered in the box sets?

[quote name='BustaUppa']Total noob question here... what overlap is there between the Tenchi DVDs on this site and the new box sets that are coming out this month? Is it all the same stuff, or is there a branch of the Tenchi series here that isn't covered in the box sets?[/QUOTE]
The Tenchi in Tokyo box set that just came out can be found at BestBuy.com (with in-store pickup) for $22.99, making that the better value over buying each of the eight discs at this sale.

The movie set is being released on the 19th of this month, and will include the two movies that are included in this sale (Tenchi in Love and Daughter of Darkness), along with Tenchi Forever.

The OVA series is not scheduled for a budget set yet, to my knowledge, so you'll probably want to pick up those four discs here.

The Pretty Sammy/Mihoshi Special is not in any collection.

Whew.

[quote name='yellowjacket621']I found out that ROD Volume 3 ends in a cliffhanger, so I went with 4 as well.[/QUOTE]
Haha, and you think volume 4 won't? ;)

Anime noob question - I really haven't watched much anime at all. I've seen Ninja Scroll and liked that, and I liked Castle of Cagliostro (I think that's what it was called). I'm thinking of going for 3 sets with the 25 for $100 deal, but I'm not sure what I'd like. I like all kinds of action, whether it's shooting or robots, and zombies are cool. I really don't like the cutesy stuff. Recommendations?

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Anime noob question - I really haven't watched much anime at all. I've seen Ninja Scroll and liked that, and I liked Castle of Cagliostro (I think that's what it was called). I'm thinking of going for 3 sets with the 25 for $100 deal, but I'm not sure what I'd like. I like all kinds of action, whether it's shooting or robots, and zombies are cool. I really don't like the cutesy stuff. Recommendations?[/QUOTE]
R.O.D The TV, Gungrave, and Last Exile, no question about it - these are the best 7-plus-disc shows of the sale. And to round out your order, I'd suggest Paranoia Agent. I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but anybody that doesn't enjoy Paranoia Agent fails as a human being. Barring that, I'd go with Jubei-chan 2 or the Tenchi OVAs, but both are better-enjoyed when you have a little more knowledge of the franchises for both first.

bread's done
Back