Right Stuf Sale Thread (33-40% off Bandai Entertainment) ENDS 11/10

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
This thread will be for posting and discussing the various sales and specials that the anime and manga website "The Right Stuf" offers.

*Free shipping @ $49 for U.S. and $150 for Canada*

Shawne's Daily Deals (07/21):

Current Store/Studio Sale: Save Up to 33-40% OFF Yen Bandai Entertainment

Discover stellar deals on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – from hot new releases, like Star Driver, the Haruhi Suzumiya movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tales of the Abyss, to fan favorites, including Gundam, K-ON!, Gurren Lagann, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and much more!
From now through November 10, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all Blu-ray and DVD titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 10, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Stellar Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)​

Master list of sale items!

Other Notable Items on Sale:
(Book Bargain Bin)
(DVD Bargain Bin)
(Novel Bargain Bin)
(Other Merchandise Bargain Bin)
(Weekly Specials)

Past Sales (Included for reference):
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (10/17 - 10/27)
33% off Dark Horse {10/13 - 10/17}
40% off Funimation {9/26 - 10/13}
33% off Kodansha and Del Rey {9/15 - 9/26}
50% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (9/12 - 9/15)
33% off Yen Press {9/1 - 9/12}
35% off Ya Entertainment {8/29 - 9/1}
46% off DC Comics Animation {8/25 - 8/29}
33% off Vertical Inc. {8/22 - 8/25}
68% off Classic (American) Animation {8/18 - 8/22}
30% off 801 Media and Project H {ADULT} (8/15 - 8/18)
50% off Select Funimation Titles (8/4 - 8/15)
40% off Manga Entertainment (8/1 - 8/4)
30% off Pre-orders (7/21 - 8/1)
33% off Seven Seas (7/18 - 7/21)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (7/7 - 7/18)
33% off Icarus Publishing {ADULT} (7/5 - 7/7)
10% off standard price on in-stock items {Summer Clearance} (6/23 - 7/5)
30% off Digital Manga Publishing (6/20 - 6/23)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (6/9 - 6/20)
40% off DC Universe Animation (6/6 - 6/9)
33% off Viz Media (05/26-06/06)
40% off Funimation (05/12 - 05/26)
40% off Viz Media DVDs (5/2 - 5/12)
30% off Udon Media (4/28 - 5/2)
33% off Stone Bridge Press (4/25 - 4/28)
32% off All In-Stock Items (4/14 - 4/25)
33% off Dark Horse (4/11 - 4/14)
33-40% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (3/31 - 4/11)
33% off Ya Entertainment (3/28 - 3/31)
50% off Funimation SAVE Editions (3/24 - 3/31)
33% off Yen Press (3/17 - 3/28)
40% off Nozomi and Critical Mass Video (3/14 - 3/17)
33% off Del Rey and Kodansha (3/3 - 3/14)
33% off Tai Seng (2/28 - 3/3)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (2/17 - 2/28)
33% off Vertical (2/14 - 2/17)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (2/3 - 2/14)
40% off Funimation (1/20 - 2/3)
40% off Manga Entertainment (1/17 - 1/20)
33% off Tokyopop (1/6 - 1/17)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Magiblaze']Does anyone know if Suzuka is any good?They have all 26 episodes for 11.99$ and seems like a bargain even if its not the typical anime I tend to watch,from what little reviews I've read from it most seem to be negative of it calling it a "Love Hina rip off".[/QUOTE]
Suzuka has no similarities to Love Hina... at all. Love Hina is a harem comedy (and imho, a really bad one, I never found the comedy in it to be funny). Suzuka is a slice-of-life romantic drama. I think Suzuka does a pretty good job of portraying relationships between high school students (i.e. they make mistakes, but that's to be expected since they're still kids). Worth a shot at $12.

Second Verse , same as the first.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Anything good from DC Comics and CMX Manag? Other than Chin Chan , Kikaider , Gals and Tenjho Tenge I'm not really familiar with anything else they have.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/news/individual/?ForumThreadName=FT0000001765&ReturnTo=Main
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/ca...V/browse/search/5/4/0/0/results/desc/asc/50/1[/QUOTE]

I'm also kinda concerned that since CMX has gone under whether it's worth getting anything from them unless it's a finished series.

From now to the end of the month is mostly HK dvds. I actually found quite a few titles I want to watch, though they are something I should've watched years ago when I had the chance, like "Real Kung Fu."

Darn, I thought there were more Stephen Chow movies printed by Tai Seng.

Those are terrible prices for the TV series. I hope you're not getting Real Kung Fu from RS since it's only $11.49 at YesAsia. Hell, FiveStarLaser lists it for $16 and they are both legit. Eek.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']From now to the end of the month is mostly HK dvds. I actually found quite a few titles I want to watch, though they are something I should've watched years ago when I had the chance, like "Real Kung Fu."

Darn, I thought there were more Stephen Chow movies printed by Tai Seng.[/QUOTE]
I only recognized Fight Back to School and King of Beggars, did you see any other Stephen Chow movies? Really wish more of his work was easier to find stateside.

Finally picked up Kurau today from the weekly specials. Also grabbed Master of Martial Hearts and 3 $5 blind boxes to get to free shipping.

[quote name='G-Nitro']Gee I dunno, maybe cuz I'm interested in seeing it.[/QUOTE]

I'll speed up the process. His response will once again be...

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Dear god, WHY?![/QUOTE]

I kinda want to get Kiddy Grade for $19.99... I'm willing to wait if there is a cheaper S.A.V.E. edition coming out at all, like Funi has been doing with all their other old shows, but I can't seem to find any info about any sort of re-release.

[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']
I kinda want to get Kiddy Grade for $19.99... I'm willing to wait if there is a cheaper S.A.V.E. edition coming out at all, like Funi has been doing with all their other old shows, but I can't seem to find any info about any sort of re-release.​

[/QUOTE]

you can order Kiddy Grade from shawnek (rightstuf) on amazon for 9.21 +2.98 shipping btw.

[quote name='Afflicted']you can order Kiddy Grade from shawnek (rightstuf) on amazon for 9.21 +2.98 shipping btw.[/QUOTE]
Nice catch, just placed an order. Thanks!

-Edit-
Btw, for those who have never ordered from shawnek @ Amazon before, the items come in the same RightStuf packaging. It's great if you are only interested in one item since the item cost is usually lower than on RS; however, if you want multiple items, you have to pay for shipping separately on each item, so usually it's cheaper to buy directly from RS and have one shipping cost (or free shipping for orders $49+).

Well I was hoping for a newer version of Kiddy Grade because I'm not particularly fond of the packaging of that specific set, but I bit anyways. Can't get much cheaper than that...

[quote name='Rave Child']I just got a $5 blind box with a resealed copy of New Fist of the North Star: link

The disc is nice and minty, though, so I'm quite happy with it.[/QUOTE]
Oooh. Not bad for 5.00.

Here's a silly question. Do you guys keep the little box insert that comes with the series boxes? Obviously it has no purpose once you jam all of the DVD boxes into it, but I'm curious if I should keep them to have the series "complete" (just like I would keep a manual for a game)

Oh, I just ordered a $5 blind box along with what they have of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Hopefully they'll see that I got the first season of FotNS with my last order and give me something cool like that (unlikely).

Now I gotta find vol 4 of Jojo's for a sane price(also unlikely). Apparently it's been traded twice on Goozex within the last month for only 100 points! So maybe I'll get lucky with that route... no way I'm paying $114.88 on Amazon for a used dvd...

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Oooh. Not bad for 5.00.

Here's a silly question. Do you guys keep the little box insert that comes with the series boxes? Obviously it has no purpose once you jam all of the DVD boxes into it, but I'm curious if I should keep them to have the series "complete" (just like I would keep a manual for a game)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I keep them because I'm weird like that. I throw out the ones that are just blank white, but some have art and/or text, and I like to keep them. They're in a box somewhere, though...
[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']Apparently it's been traded twice on Goozex within the last month for only 100 points! So maybe I'll get lucky with that route... no way I'm paying $114.88 on Amazon for a used dvd...[/QUOTE]
Sweet, that means I'm first in line! ;)

Okay, just gave up Human Crossing slot for High School Rumble(Both Sets) and Gankutsuou....I was going to bite on the set on Rightstuf because people said it was beautiful but I just don't have the space on my shelf for another full fledge dvd case release.....also I bought Rumble because of all the praise on here..I hope I made a good decision...I see that Galaxy Railways is on sale at Amazon...any feedback on that..keep in mind I will most likely think of Galaxy Express 999...so will I be let down if I jump for this series?

I've got Gankutsuou coming too, the dvd boxset, I was actually going to buy the version you have on with rightstuf minus the s.a.v.e tablet for about a dollar more then the 19.99$ boxset since the boxset seems like it'll take up about 2-3 times as much room as the set you're getting.Luckily though from what I've heard the one I'm getting has all the special features and when funimation decided to re-release it under a new boxset after they got it from Geneon,they unforunately decided to leave out all of the special features for whatever reason.I got free shipping with this order with Kurau and some blind boxes so it wasn't too big of a bargain loss.

Has anyone actually seen Gankutsuou?I went and ordered it for it being a cheap price and glowing reviews of being one of the best anime of all time and haven't heard/seen a single bad review for it, the only complaint I've heard is some pacing issues but that its worth it.

Geez I've been so busy lately I'd forgotten to check the weekly specials for the past couple of weeks. :whistle2:(
Put in an order for:

Kurau Phantom DVD Savings Bundle (Hyb) 1 $14.99 (glad I waited on this I saved $15 since the last time I checked this thread :) )
Project Blue Earth SOS Bargain Bundle (Hyb) (*) 1 $9.95
Shattered Angels DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition (*) 1 $11.99
X TV Series Remix DVD Bargain Bundle (Hyb) + CDs (*) 1 $26.99
Item Subtotal: $63.92

After many, many years of waiting I finally picked up X. :p

Got in Kurau today, along with 3 $5 Blind Boxes. They were Eden's Bowy (again), New Fist Of The North Star, and Wedding Peach Season 1. I had a larger box set of Wedding Peach Season 1, so I just swapped them. Will trade the other titles on Goozex or use them as prizes in an upcoming anime contest on my site.

[quote name='killa5k7']Okay, just gave up Human Crossing slot for High School Rumble(Both Sets) and Gankutsuou....I was going to bite on the set on Rightstuf because people said it was beautiful but I just don't have the space on my shelf for another full fledge dvd case release.....also I bought Rumble because of all the praise on here..I hope I made a good decision...I see that Galaxy Railways is on sale at Amazon...any feedback on that..keep in mind I will most likely think of Galaxy Express 999...so will I be let down if I jump for this series?[/QUOTE]

I thought Galaxy Railways was pretty forced, and after a couple episodes I dropped it. Didn't like it enough to keep watching.

[quote name='Magiblaze']I've got Gankutsuou coming too, the dvd boxset, I was actually going to buy the version you have on with rightstuf minus the s.a.v.e tablet for about a dollar more then the 19.99$ boxset since the boxset seems like it'll take up about 2-3 times as much room as the set you're getting.Luckily though from what I've heard the one I'm getting has all the special features and when funimation decided to re-release it under a new boxset after they got it from Geneon,they unforunately decided to leave out all of the special features for whatever reason.I got free shipping with this order with Kurau and some blind boxes so it wasn't too big of a bargain loss.

Has anyone actually seen Gankutsuou?I went and ordered it for it being a cheap price and glowing reviews of being one of the best anime of all time and haven't heard/seen a single bad review for it, the only complaint I've heard is some pacing issues but that its worth it.[/QUOTE]

Gankutsuou, on the other hand, is a very good series that unfortunately falls apart towards the end, but is definitely still worth watching.

So I finally opened my Rozen Maiden + Traumend Complete Set yesterday after buying it back in May, and the 6th disc is missing... -_-

I'm about 10 or 11 days out of their 90 day return policy, but I e-mailed them anyway. Hopefully I get a replacement disc. I will now be opening all sets as soon as I get them in. Sucks....

I got my shipment today.this crazy ole black mail lady gave me a small stare after I didn't hear her and was sleeping in and she honked about for a minute or two so if I disappear shortly I'm afarid its due to a crazed postal worker :twoguns:.Out of two 5$ blind boxes got Wedding Peach Season 1 collection and New fist of the north star.

Heres where I feel a little cheated though, for my 10$ blind box they gave me Farscape collection 4,not a fan of the show having never watched it but from what it says on the first thing about blind boxes though "1.Is anime, manga or Asia-related;" it would seem they broke their own little blind box rule.

Whats worse is I just looked it up on their website and they have it listed for 5.99, so I actually lost money by getting it for a 10$ blind box.

Still great deals rightstuf and got Kurau on a bargain so its not too overly bad.

[quote name='G-Nitro']Extremely reputable. :D[/QUOTE]

That is good news. I am just getting back into anime. Was a huge fan when I was a kid. So much to watch! I just watched Strait Jacket and loved it!!!

[quote name='Magiblaze']Heres where I feel a little cheated though, for my 10$ blind box they gave me Farscape collection 4,not a fan of the show having never watched it but from what it says on the first thing about blind boxes though "1.Is anime, manga or Asia-related;" it would seem they broke their own little blind box rule.

Whats worse is I just looked it up on their website and they have it listed for 5.99, so I actually lost money by getting it for a 10$ blind box.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I would consider emailing TRSI and complaining about that one- that's a real ripoff based on the BB item's descriptions.

I'm glad Rightstuf CS got back to me about the Rozen Maiden set missing the 3rd disc of Traumend. They said they will look for an extra disc if possible and will get back to me on Monday. I hope they find one, and I'm very pleased with how great their CS is. They could have easily ignored it as I was about 10 days outside of their 90 day window.

BTW, If anyone is interested, I'm holding a contest on my site, which has rightstuf gift certs as part of prize packages. :) Just follow the link in my sig. :D

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Honestly, I would consider emailing TRSI and complaining about that one- that's a real ripoff based on the BB item's descriptions.[/QUOTE]
I actually mentioned what I said about it here somewhere else that Shawne webbrowses and he saw it and pm'ed me and told me it was an error and he'd fix it for me.So thankfully I'll be getting a replacement I think.Good thing that I never opened up Farscape too I suppose so it's still in returnable condition.

Very much a satisfied customer with rightstuf overall though,seem to find most of the best deals either on their website or amazon page.http://www.mania.com/aodvb/member.php?u=18404

Just wanted to post more "Blind Box" orders and what I got so people can get an idea of what they might get.

Ordered 3 $5 Blind Boxes, got: Wedding Peach Collection 1 & Collection 2 and Kiba Season 2. Just placed both Wedding Peach sets on Goozex for trade.

Ordered 2 $10 Blind Boxes, got: Nadia Secret of the Blue Water Collection 1 and Mezzo Complete Collection. Placed Nadia on Goozex for trade.

[quote name='nightmare452']Just wanted to post more "Blind Box" orders and what I got so people can get an idea of what they might get.

Ordered 3 $5 Blind Boxes, got: Wedding Peach Collection 1 & Collection 2 and Kiba Season 2. Just placed both Wedding Peach sets on Goozex for trade.

Ordered 2 $10 Blind Boxes, got: Nadia Secret of the Blue Water Collection 1 and Mezzo Complete Collection. Placed Nadia on Goozex for trade.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, I didn't get Nadia 1 from Goozex. I'm tempted to get it from you. 350 points is fair, but I'm low on points. Good luck on getting matched up if I don't get it from you!

Those Thursday Weekly Specials are pretty neat, so many Bargain Bundles. I couldn't pass up Xenosaga for $10. One of the volumes had a sticker on the shrink wrap that said "Best Buy $19.99". Not complaining or dissatisfied in any way, just thought that was funny.

So I ordered Thursday and got on Tuesday, that's with free shipping option. One of my items didn't come and the paper said it was on back-order. How does Right Stuf handle this? Will it be shipped at some later date & charged to CC? Or will I have to reorder it somewhere else?

I see by logging into my account there my order status says "Partially backordered"

[quote name='Kazaganthi']One of my items didn't come and the paper said it was on back-order. How does Right Stuf handle this? Will it be shipped at some later date & charged to CC?[/QUOTE]

Correct.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Those Thursday Weekly Specials are pretty neat, so many Bargain Bundles. I couldn't pass up Xenosaga for $10. One of the volumes had a sticker on the shrink wrap that said "Best Buy $19.99". Not complaining or dissatisfied in any way, just thought that was funny.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a little too when opening up Kurau after getting the complete set for only 15$ and noticed one of the volumes were for 19.99$ as well.I'd imagine they must have bought some of their stock from best buy's stuff that wasn't selling so well for that to happen.Can't argue with the bargain prices though.Paid 5 dollars less for the whole set then I would have been able to buy at best buy for just a single volume during the period they were selling it for the listed sticker price :D.

Got in my new $10 blind box today.Nadia,The Secret of the Blue Water Collection 2.Haven't seen it yet but thought about buying it one time before.They have Collection 1 in the weekly bargains unfortunately don't feel like buying it right now since I'd rather wait to buy more stuff for free shipping lol.

Edit: Finished watching Phantom Memory Kurau and Gankutsuou.Kurau turned out "ok" for me.Still for 15$ it wasn't so bad,came with all of the volumes and the series box art to put them all in.It had its moment though although I couldn't fully recommend it I wouldn't say not to get it either.

I was really impressed with Gankutsuou though.It turned out to be a masterful anime even though at first the animation for hair and clothing seemed sort of odd with it looking like there's a background and the clothes change depending on where they were but after an episode or two you just get used to it.Watched with the japanese voices and subtitles.The english dub although only watched part of the first episode with it seemed decent but the japanese voice cast just seemed better especially with the count since he has such a great voice actor.It's starting to seem a little odd how many lead roles the guy who played as the black power ranger gets not that hes a bad voice actor or anything .Played in this as Albert and he has the lead roles in Trigun as Vash and now he does the dub for Ichigo in Bleach.

Haruhi S2 arrived today... I had completely forgotten about it since I ordered it in early July. I was surprised that the set comes with a 2 track cd. I haven't checked them out yet, but I read they are the intro and outro tracks... very nice Bandai :)

-Update-
For a box set with such a high msrp, you would think Bandai would use a better box. The first time I opened the set some of those little plastic wedges fell out. I thought whatever, this happens some times, no big deal as long as none of the discs got scratched. Then I took out disc 1 and this pos fell apart. Now those little plastic wedges keep coming off and none of the discs stay in place. This is the first time I will have to find another case for a box set. fuck Bandai, I congratulate you on including some music tracks from the series as a nice bonus, but spend the extra few cents to use better packaging :bomb:

I finally bit and ordered Haruhi S2 when it hit $39. I got in Corpse Princess bundle with the T-Shirt today. So glad it was an XL. xD Included a picture, just click the Spoiler button. :D

crcv.jpg

Speaking of receiving packages from Right Stuf, Right Stuf shipped me the Azumanga Daioh lithograph from the future into the past, which was almost two weeks ago. I still don't know how I have it when it doesn't get released until November.

Here's a picture:
AzumangaLithograph.jpg

[quote name='Magiblaze']Finished watching Phantom Memory Kurau and Gankutsuou.Kurau turned out "ok" for me.Still for 15$ it wasn't so bad,came with all of the volumes and the series box art to put them all in.It had its moment though although I couldn't fully recommend it I wouldn't say not to get it either.[/QUOTE]

Blasphemer! Burn him at the stake! ;)

Stratos 4 is okay; Kurau is fantastic. Oh well, suit yourself then. I'm still glad you watched it! Thanks!

[quote name='lilman']Haruhi S2 arrived today... I had completely forgotten about it since I ordered it in early July. I was surprised that the set comes with a 2 track cd. I haven't checked them out yet, but I read they are the intro and outro tracks... very nice Bandai :)[/QUOTE]

Let us know what you think. I'm curious of how you'll react to it.

[quote name='G-Nitro']I got in Corpse Princess bundle with the T-Shirt today. [/QUOTE]

Corpse Princess looks good, but $72 is too high of a price for me. I'll wait for it to get cheaper. Oh, and that shirt looks awful; I hate that it has the logo on it — it looks so tacky.

[quote name='formerroadie']So, rightstuf is a reputable site? Not fakes or bootlegs?[/QUOTE]

They also have some of the best customer service you will find, and in addition to being a store they actually license and release a few anime titles as well so they sell anime, and license and dub it. A rare combination.

[quote name='Razzuel']

Blasphemer! Burn him at the stake! ;)

Stratos 4 is okay; Kurau is fantastic. Oh well, suit yourself then. I'm still glad you watched it! Thanks![/QUOTE]
lol. It was still good.It did have its moments and I was happy that they didn't cop out and turn away from showing darker elements instead of everyone just turning out all fine and dandy.I went with the english dub since it seemed like it was alright after flipping back and fourth between just the first episode.

For only 15$ its still a good price and can't complain :D.Especially compared to those who would have paid 19.99$ a volume from like on a sticker I found on one of em from best buy.I noticed someone else mentioned it up there too.They must buy some unsold inventory from them at a cheaper price I'd think.

Haruhi Season 2 shipped with 3 $5 blind boxes. We shall see what I get in those, even though I am not expecting antyhing different from what I have received prior. lol

[quote name='G-Nitro']Haruhi Season 2 shipped with 3 $5 blind boxes. We shall see what I get in those, even though I am not expecting antyhing different from what I have received prior. lol[/QUOTE]
Well since you ordered Haruhi Season 2, you shouldn't be too disappointed if you end up getting the same things that you've already got.

bread's done
Back