Right Stuf Sale Thread (33-40% off Bandai Entertainment) ENDS 11/10

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
This thread will be for posting and discussing the various sales and specials that the anime and manga website "The Right Stuf" offers.

*Free shipping @ $49 for U.S. and $150 for Canada*

Shawne's Daily Deals (07/21):

Current Store/Studio Sale: Save Up to 33-40% OFF Yen Bandai Entertainment

Discover stellar deals on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – from hot new releases, like Star Driver, the Haruhi Suzumiya movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tales of the Abyss, to fan favorites, including Gundam, K-ON!, Gurren Lagann, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and much more!
From now through November 10, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all Blu-ray and DVD titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 10, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Stellar Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)​

Master list of sale items!

Other Notable Items on Sale:
(Book Bargain Bin)
(DVD Bargain Bin)
(Novel Bargain Bin)
(Other Merchandise Bargain Bin)
(Weekly Specials)

Past Sales (Included for reference):
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (10/17 - 10/27)
33% off Dark Horse {10/13 - 10/17}
40% off Funimation {9/26 - 10/13}
33% off Kodansha and Del Rey {9/15 - 9/26}
50% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (9/12 - 9/15)
33% off Yen Press {9/1 - 9/12}
35% off Ya Entertainment {8/29 - 9/1}
46% off DC Comics Animation {8/25 - 8/29}
33% off Vertical Inc. {8/22 - 8/25}
68% off Classic (American) Animation {8/18 - 8/22}
30% off 801 Media and Project H {ADULT} (8/15 - 8/18)
50% off Select Funimation Titles (8/4 - 8/15)
40% off Manga Entertainment (8/1 - 8/4)
30% off Pre-orders (7/21 - 8/1)
33% off Seven Seas (7/18 - 7/21)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (7/7 - 7/18)
33% off Icarus Publishing {ADULT} (7/5 - 7/7)
10% off standard price on in-stock items {Summer Clearance} (6/23 - 7/5)
30% off Digital Manga Publishing (6/20 - 6/23)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (6/9 - 6/20)
40% off DC Universe Animation (6/6 - 6/9)
33% off Viz Media (05/26-06/06)
40% off Funimation (05/12 - 05/26)
40% off Viz Media DVDs (5/2 - 5/12)
30% off Udon Media (4/28 - 5/2)
33% off Stone Bridge Press (4/25 - 4/28)
32% off All In-Stock Items (4/14 - 4/25)
33% off Dark Horse (4/11 - 4/14)
33-40% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (3/31 - 4/11)
33% off Ya Entertainment (3/28 - 3/31)
50% off Funimation SAVE Editions (3/24 - 3/31)
33% off Yen Press (3/17 - 3/28)
40% off Nozomi and Critical Mass Video (3/14 - 3/17)
33% off Del Rey and Kodansha (3/3 - 3/14)
33% off Tai Seng (2/28 - 3/3)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (2/17 - 2/28)
33% off Vertical (2/14 - 2/17)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (2/3 - 2/14)
40% off Funimation (1/20 - 2/3)
40% off Manga Entertainment (1/17 - 1/20)
33% off Tokyopop (1/6 - 1/17)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='B:L']Yeah, I have the same problem as well with missing volumes, but good luck with that. It seems some volumes were made especially scarce to drive up season set sales. See Welcome to the NHK vol 6.[/QUOTE]

The situation with volume 6 of Welcome to the NHK, Red Garden, and Pumpkin Scissors has more to do with the fact that they were only released as singles because those who had been collecting the series' from ADV before Funimation acquired them demanded it. So naturally, they ended up with a much lower, very limited print run. And with NHK being the best of those three titles, it was the first to go. By the time the rest of the volumes were clearanced out, it was already made obvious that getting volume 6 would be a pain.

[quote name='B:L'] It seems some volumes were made especially scarce to drive up season set sales. See Welcome to the NHK vol 6.
[/QUOTE]

That wasn't the reason. The original licensor, Geneon ADV (or so say Kirin ;)), went "out of business" after they released volume 5, and then Funimation got it and was just going to release the season set, and fans bitched because they bought the first 5 volumes, so Funimation released a limited run of vol6.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']That wasn't the reason. The original licensor, Geneon ADV (or so say Kirin ;)), went "out of business" after they released volume 5, and then Funimation got it and was just going to release the season set, and fans bitched because they bought the first 5 volumes, so Funimation released a limited run of vol6.[/QUOTE]

Close - that wasn't when ADV went belly-up, but it *was* when they lost the rights to all the stuff they acquired through their Sojitz merger that eventually fell through.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Close - that wasn't when ADV went belly-up, but it *was* when they lost the rights to all the stuff they acquired through their Sojitz merger that eventually fell through.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I originally thought that Geneon was the one that had the rights, and then after I posted I saw you had already posted.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']The situation with volume 6 of Welcome to the NHK, Red Garden, and Pumpkin Scissors has more to do with the fact that they were only released as singles because those who had been collecting the series' from ADV before Funimation acquired them demanded it. So naturally, they ended up with a much lower, very limited print run. And with NHK being the best of those three titles, it was the first to go. By the time the rest of the volumes were clearanced out, it was already made obvious that getting volume 6 would be a pain.[/QUOTE]

Oh, thanks for the heads up, I didn't know the full details. ;)

Still, there ARE volumes of certain anime that are in short supply, which are usually the ones that are first to run out during those 25 for 100 sales. Took me forever to track down a cheap copy of Ergo Proxy 6.

[quote name='G-Nitro']Nothing for me today. I already received all of This Ugly Yet Beautiful World off of Goozex.[/QUOTE]

What the?! Anime on Goozex?

Nothing so far for me this whole sale, but I might bite on Code Geass SE vol 1, since I have the non-SE version and SE of all the other volumes out, and sell my non-SE.

I would like to see Hayate on sale; I have the first volume but haven't bought any of the rest. I actually haven't seen much of it, but I'm on manga volume 11.

[quote name='WTK']Day 11:

[/QUOTE]

For anybody even remotely considering This Ugly Yet Beautiful World - don't! It's genuinely one of the worst shows I've had the displeasure of seeing in the last few years. It hits on every lame anime cliche in the book - avoid it like the plague. Heroic Age isn't very good either.

On the other hand, I really like Romeo x Juliet, but I can hold out an extra couple of months for the complete set, or until those half-sets hit the bargain bin. Either way, I'll save at least $10, possibly even $20.

[quote name='MrBrando']What the?! Anime on Goozex?[/QUOTE]

Goozex has movie trading now and I've grabbed a crap ton of anime since it went live. I've received full sets of Ah My Goddess Season 1, Basilik, Steel Angel Kurumi (last couple DVDs on the way), Ghost in the SHell SAC (on the way), Bubble Gum Crisis 2040, Koi Kaze, Saber Marionnette, Star Ocean EX, Gilgamesh, SIster Princess, and so much more. I could keep listing everything I'm snatching up.

I'm surprised I'm getting all of these, because the Goozex prices are kind of low on many sets, but I'm not complaining. My collection is climbing. XD

[quote name='G-Nitro']Goozex has movie trading now and I've grabbed a crap ton of anime since it went live. I've received full sets of Ah My Goddess Season 1, Basilik, Steel Angel Kurumi (last couple DVDs on the way), Ghost in the SHell SAC (on the way), Bubble Gum Crisis 2040, Koi Kaze, Saber Marionnette, Star Ocean EX, Gilgamesh, SIster Princess, and so much more. I could keep listing everything I'm snatching up.

I'm surprised I'm getting all of these, because the Goozex prices are kind of low on many sets, but I'm not complaining. My collection is climbing. XD[/QUOTE]

yeah i get matched up with G-Nitro quite a bit with my anime collection. So far I think I gave you only 2 dvds so far. It would be a lot more if it wasn't for school, since I don't have access to my anime collection while at school :bomb:.

[quote name='backseatdog']yeah i get matched up with G-Nitro quite a bit with my anime collection. So far I think I gave you only 2 dvds so far. It would be a lot more if it wasn't for school, since I don't have access to my anime collection while at school :bomb:.[/QUOTE]

That explains why you've timed out the past few times. I look forward to being matched up again once you are done with school for the holidays. :D

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']For anybody even remotely considering This Ugly Yet Beautiful World - don't! It's genuinely one of the worst shows I've had the displeasure of seeing in the last few years. It hits on every lame anime cliche in the book - avoid it like the plague. Heroic Age isn't very good either.

On the other hand, I really like Romeo x Juliet, but I can hold out an extra couple of months for the complete set, or until those half-sets hit the bargain bin. Either way, I'll save at least $10, possibly even $20.[/QUOTE]

Is RxJ at all fucking disappointing like Gankutsuou turned out to be in the end?

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Is RxJ at all fucking disappointing like Gankutsuou turned out to be in the end?[/QUOTE]

Well, it *is* Romeo & Juliet, so you can guess how it ends...

But I liked it. Then again, I didn't have a problem with the end of Gankutsuou either.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']The last several episodes are total shit.[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ. If anything, those episodes were "alright"

It wasn't a perfect ending (especially the
mecha
which threw me off a little, but overall the story was so good that i didn't mind. It concluded everything well, and that's all that matters.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Well, it *is* Romeo & Juliet, so you can guess how it ends...

But I liked it. Then again, I didn't have a problem with the end of Gankutsuou either.[/QUOTE]

THANKS FOR RUINING IT!
:cry:
Just kidding. They die.

The
mecha
was one of the biggest bullshits I've ever seen. And the main character being a whiny baby didn't help things either. I am a fan of the book and other incarnations of the story (including the Jim Cavaziel movie a few years back) so it pissed me off that the ending was such a piece of crap.

[quote name='Azumangaman']I hope SGT. Frog comes on sale! Otherwise, I'll probably pick up Haruhi 3+4 LEs and maybe One Piece. Or maybe Emma. Ugh![/QUOTE]

One Piece will eventually have larger box sets released at a cheaper price. Go for Emma.

My fiance agrees with you wholeheartedly... I lent him my set, which he enjoyed enough to track down and purchase from Amazon (after the Geneon shutdown, prior to the Funi release)... and then he watched the ending. He cancelled his order on Amazon, went to Borders, bought the book, and insisted- no, demanded- I read it to understand just how badly they messed up the ending. (I still haven't finished it, though. :lol:)

Has anyone received their Haruhi bundle yet?

Everything else I ordered with it shipped, but the bundle says "reserved for your order" and "on order from manufacturer" and it hasn't shipped yet. I'm wondering if it's just me, or if it's everyone.

[quote name='lynx975310']Has anyone received their Haruhi bundle yet?

Everything else I ordered with it shipped, but the bundle says "reserved for your order" and "on order from manufacturer" and it hasn't shipped yet. I'm wondering if it's just me, or if it's everyone.[/QUOTE]

Nope:
[quote name='surak']I would like my Haruhi bundle to be shipped. Instead I got an email saying it was delayed due to unforeseen demand and on order (when I ordered, the counter is still >300!).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='the_punisher']Some good deals in the bargain bin.

Gankutsuou Box Set (not thinpak) $26.99
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/mQvBE3BLx20OmfXtCW/browse/item/75275/4/0/0

Welcome to the NHK Parts 1&2 $14.99 each
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/EcVO4C8CTOIpic53dy/browse/item/81592/4/0/0
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/hDZkiU8cZ-6vQWFJ5w/browse/item/81593/4/153/200[/QUOTE]

Already have Gankutsuou but I'll def pick up NHK if something good comes along with the 12 days of Christmas.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']One Piece will eventually have larger box sets released at a cheaper price. Go for Emma.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that makes sense. I'll have to figure out what to do with the Season 1 Part 1 set I have.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']fucking BOUGHT.[/QUOTE]

Glad i could help ;).

I still have NHK Vol. 1-6 w/ artbox all sealed, worth a pretty penny. You think i should buy the two collections and keep that sealed as a collector's item/money for a rainy day, or just open what i have?

[quote name='the_punisher']Glad i could help ;).

I still have NHK Vol. 1-6 w/ artbox all sealed, worth a pretty penny. You think i should buy the two collections and keep that sealed as a collector's item/money for a rainy day, or just open what i have?[/QUOTE]

I'll buy that volume six off of you if you would be kind enough to let me.

[quote name='Razzuel']I'll buy that volume six off of you if you would be kind enough to let me.[/QUOTE]

Who am i kidding, i could never let that go.

Order Placed!

Basilisk Vol. 4 LE- $6
Basilisk Vol. 5- $4
Claymore Vol. 1 + Artbox- $10
WttNHK Part 1- $15
WttNHK Part 2- $15

Total: $49.98

:D

[quote name='PrarieD0G']LOL, that box set is normally $25 on TSRI. Yeah, this sale is sort of a joke. Not much more than an advertising campaign.[/QUOTE]

That's how you know that this is truly a great sale.

[quote name='Razzuel']You forgot to mention that the Fruits Basket DVD Set is on sale; however, that doesn't make this sale any less worse.

Fruits Basket DVD Set (Hyb) (Thinpak): only
$34.99, 50% OFF
[/QUOTE]

What the?! Fruits Basket is usually like 27.99 on there usually, isn't it? I'm not even going to comment on today's sale. Holding out hope for the 13th day.

[quote name='MrBrando']Holding out hope for the 13th day.[/QUOTE]

You're going to be holding out hope for a long time.

Or not as I am told? Kirin is telling me that there are unadvertised sale days. Oh well, my hope is already dead and buried.

Placed another order today:
Burst Angel Blu-Ray
WttNHK Parts 1 & 2
Clannad After Story Parts 1 & 2
Peach Girl Vol. 5 & 6
Cromartie High School Vol. 2 & 3

Came out to around $124

Need to make this my last anime purchase for awhile until I put a big dent in my backlog. But I know that it won't be... I have no willpower. xD

[quote name='Razzuel']You forgot to mention that the Fruits Basket DVD Set is on sale; however, that doesn't make this sale any less worse.

Fruits Basket DVD Set (Hyb) (Thinpak): only
$34.99, 50% OFF
[/QUOTE]
I didn't include this as this particular price change was an increase. It was actually $24.99 not so long ago and this might have been a slight restock as well. The quantity available (unless more gets added) is very now right now...Qty of 23.

[quote name='Razzuel']You're going to be holding out hope for a long time.

Or not as I am told? Kirin is telling me that there are unadvertised sale days. Oh well, my hope is already dead and buried.[/QUOTE]
Last year, there was Day 13's Bundle of Anime Joy. And sometime after that there was another Bundle of Anime Joy. So expect at least one more round of deals (if not more)...

[quote name='G-Nitro']Placed another order today:
Burst Angel Blu-Ray
WttNHK Parts 1 & 2
Clannad After Story Parts 1 & 2
Peach Girl Vol. 5 & 6
Cromartie High School Vol. 2 & 3

Came out to around $124

Need to make this my last anime purchase for awhile until I put a big dent in my backlog. But I know that it won't be... I have no willpower. xD[/QUOTE]
Peach Girl!!!:applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='BlueSwim']Peach Girl!!!:applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah I got the first 4 dvds off of Goozex, and since they are only $3 each right now in the Bargain Bin, I had to finish off the series. lol

[quote name='backseatdog']whoa i'm shocked, I thought you didn't like anime.[/QUOTE]

I don't like shitty anime. Like Burst Angel.

Seriously, people, stop buying Burst Angel. It's fucking awful.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I don't like shitty anime. Like Burst Angel.

Seriously, people, stop buying Burst Angel. It's fucking awful.[/QUOTE]
ugh, you don't know how well your avatar works with some of the things you've said during this sale lol, but i did pick up NHK, just because you did :]

I'm still considering selling my Witchblade dvds and artbox and snagging it on bluray but the witchblade boxset is just so nice with the individual discs having nice signed covers.....

[quote name='Brian9824']I'm still considering selling my Witchblade dvds and artbox and snagging it on bluray but the witchblade boxset is just so nice with the individual discs having nice signed covers.....[/QUOTE]

I think you should sell it, Blu-Ray looks nicer.

And who better to sell it to than me? I've been wanting to see it for awhile >.>

bread's done
Back