Right Stuf Sale Thread (33-40% off Bandai Entertainment) ENDS 11/10

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
This thread will be for posting and discussing the various sales and specials that the anime and manga website "The Right Stuf" offers.

*Free shipping @ $49 for U.S. and $150 for Canada*

Shawne's Daily Deals (07/21):

Current Store/Studio Sale: Save Up to 33-40% OFF Yen Bandai Entertainment

Discover stellar deals on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – from hot new releases, like Star Driver, the Haruhi Suzumiya movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tales of the Abyss, to fan favorites, including Gundam, K-ON!, Gurren Lagann, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and much more!
From now through November 10, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all Blu-ray and DVD titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 10, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Stellar Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)​

Master list of sale items!

Other Notable Items on Sale:
(Book Bargain Bin)
(DVD Bargain Bin)
(Novel Bargain Bin)
(Other Merchandise Bargain Bin)
(Weekly Specials)

Past Sales (Included for reference):
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (10/17 - 10/27)
33% off Dark Horse {10/13 - 10/17}
40% off Funimation {9/26 - 10/13}
33% off Kodansha and Del Rey {9/15 - 9/26}
50% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (9/12 - 9/15)
33% off Yen Press {9/1 - 9/12}
35% off Ya Entertainment {8/29 - 9/1}
46% off DC Comics Animation {8/25 - 8/29}
33% off Vertical Inc. {8/22 - 8/25}
68% off Classic (American) Animation {8/18 - 8/22}
30% off 801 Media and Project H {ADULT} (8/15 - 8/18)
50% off Select Funimation Titles (8/4 - 8/15)
40% off Manga Entertainment (8/1 - 8/4)
30% off Pre-orders (7/21 - 8/1)
33% off Seven Seas (7/18 - 7/21)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (7/7 - 7/18)
33% off Icarus Publishing {ADULT} (7/5 - 7/7)
10% off standard price on in-stock items {Summer Clearance} (6/23 - 7/5)
30% off Digital Manga Publishing (6/20 - 6/23)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (6/9 - 6/20)
40% off DC Universe Animation (6/6 - 6/9)
33% off Viz Media (05/26-06/06)
40% off Funimation (05/12 - 05/26)
40% off Viz Media DVDs (5/2 - 5/12)
30% off Udon Media (4/28 - 5/2)
33% off Stone Bridge Press (4/25 - 4/28)
32% off All In-Stock Items (4/14 - 4/25)
33% off Dark Horse (4/11 - 4/14)
33-40% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (3/31 - 4/11)
33% off Ya Entertainment (3/28 - 3/31)
50% off Funimation SAVE Editions (3/24 - 3/31)
33% off Yen Press (3/17 - 3/28)
40% off Nozomi and Critical Mass Video (3/14 - 3/17)
33% off Del Rey and Kodansha (3/3 - 3/14)
33% off Tai Seng (2/28 - 3/3)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (2/17 - 2/28)
33% off Vertical (2/14 - 2/17)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (2/3 - 2/14)
40% off Funimation (1/20 - 2/3)
40% off Manga Entertainment (1/17 - 1/20)
33% off Tokyopop (1/6 - 1/17)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yume Miru Kusuri isn't bad but it's not amazing. Basically 1 route is good, 1 route is top tier, and 1 route brings the whole game down. So for a tip:

Do the one with white hair last.

Rightstuf has been really dishing out the VN and doujin games lately though. Suguri, Family Project, Yume were all there lately along with a few others (only Suguri's not H in this but it's still well worth the 14~ spent). I wonder if they'll ever get Shuffle.

[quote name='DarkZero104']Yume Miru Kusuri isn't bad but it's not amazing. Basically 1 route is good, 1 route is top tier, and 1 route brings the whole game down. So for a tip:

Do the one with white hair last. [/QUOTE]

I've only heard amazing things about Yume Miru Kusuri thus far, so it's interesting to see a different opinion. I'll see for myself when I finally end up playing it, and thanks for the tip.

[quote name='DarkZero104']Rightstuf has been really dishing out the VN and doujin games lately though. Suguri, Family Project, Yume were all there lately along with a few others (only Suguri's not H in this but it's still well worth the 14~ spent). I wonder if they'll ever get Shuffle.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Shuffle is ever going to have a retail release. MangaGamer localized Shuffle for an English release, and they offer all of their games digitally. I bought the visual novel because I loved the anime, but it's not good. The English was spotty in some areas, and the story isn't executed as well as the story in the anime. All of the arcs are separated instead of weaved together like in the anime, and there was barely any material exclusive to the game. I thought the game was really boring. So if you are expecting it to be as enjoyable as the anime, then you have been forewarned; the only point to playing the game is if you want to see the naughty bits.

Yume Miru Kusuri was a good game. Yeah, the route for the girl with white hair was a bit annoying. The other two routes were good. I was hoping there was a 4th route while I was playing the game because they were hinting at it too death in the game. It never happened though.

I hope Mangagamer eventually releases Da Capo: Plus Communication because it is better than the original. I was able to play some of it with a patch until the fansubber canned the project after news of Mangagamer's release.

The last few games that Peace Princess have released seem mediocre. So I didn't even bother to buy them. Hope they release something good soon.

I loved Yume. Thought all of it was great. It's up there as one of the best stories in a Visual Novel. I thought all three were good, but yes the White haired girl was probably the lesser out of the 3.

Other ones with great stories are Family Project, Divi-Dead, and Desire. ( Good luck finding the last two) I sitll have Divi-Dead, but can't find Desire to purchase anywhere at a reasonable price.

I also really liked Sagara Family even though it never really stood out, but the characters had good personality.

And I know the two I purchased aren't the best, but I'm a collector and I'm close to owning most that have been put out in the US

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Have they made any episodes or OVA for Kilala Princess? I saw that Right Stuf only sells Vol.2, but I heard mixed reviews.[/QUOTE]

I picked up volumes one and two from an online bookstore for $1 each and my three-year old loves them. If there is some sort of anime adaptation, I'd certainly like to know.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Dude, Rightstuf has Tenchi Universe and Tenchi in Tokyo complete series for $20 each... I must order. O_O[/QUOTE]

A month ago both was $25 and now it drop down $20-ish. I really want see it drop down $15 ;)

I am quite impressed with rightstuff... I can't believe I never knew about this site before being the obsessed anime freak that I am. Just received Soul Eater Part One today (1/29) which doesn't even release until 2/9, and I used the free economy shipping :)

I just put in my latest order. Here is all the stuff that I got:

• Fruits Basket Ultimate Edition 1
  • Fruits Basket Ultimate Edition 2
  • Fruits Basket Ultimate Edition 4
  • Fruits Basket Ultimate Edition 5
  • Future Diary 1
  • Future Diary 2
  • Future Diary 3
  • Future Diary 4
  • Future Diary 5
  • Future Diary 6
  • Skull Man Complete Collection

I was thinking I'd get some of the later volumes of Tenjho Tenge in this sale, around where I stopped reading it scanlated, but Wikipedia says they're still censoring it, albeit less than in the first volumes, so hell with that, prudes don't get my money.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']CMX/DC comics sale for the next few days. I'm thinking about picking up Kamikaze Kaito Jeane.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne?
I wish the series would come over, instead of watching bootleg with bad translation.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Do you mean Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne?
I wish the series would come over, instead of watching bootleg with bad translation.[/QUOTE]
I just forgot one n. I was talking about the manga which is currently on sale.

Finally made some new purchases, especially happy Skull Man went on sale today. It's the main reason for this buy.

Dante's Inferno DVD
Ghost Hunt Season 1 DVD Part 1 (Hyb)
Ghost Hunt Season 1 DVD Part 2 (Hyb)
Skull Man DVD Complete Collection (S)

Claymore follows the manga really closely until the last 3 or so eps. Most Claymore fans hate the end of the anime because it was so different from the manga. You will love the 1st 22 eps. of the series though. Personally I have Claymore on pre-order and can overlook the last few eps.

Gin Tama on DVD? And it's $22 in this sale? I wonder how many episodes there are. And I'm surprised that Viz or Funimation didn't release it, but rather some other company who only needs to manufacture and distribute it.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']argh i can't decide if I want to drop $43 on the trigun set[/QUOTE]
Trigun is one of my favorite series. If you have never seen it $40 is a great deal.

Awesome, this is the perfect time to pick up the first Glass Mask set!

[quote name='killa5k7']Okay, I noticed Claymore Bluray release coming up..looks to be cheap as well? Any input on this series?[/QUOTE]

Decent show, but the Bluray set will almost certainly be an upscale.

[quote name='lilman']Trigun is one of my favorite series. If you have never seen it $40 is a great deal.[/QUOTE]

On the flipside, Trigun is one of my *least* favorite series. $40 is about $35 too much.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I just forgot one n. I was talking about the manga which is currently on sale.[/QUOTE]

I know. I was just making a semi-related comment :D

Why not pick up Trigun SUPER cheap like I did...2 dollar dvd here, 1 dolllar dvd there.....eventually I got all the Dvd's. Heck, I just looked over there a minute ago and yes, some are sealed. Its an okay series but way too hyped.

[quote name='killa5k7']Why not pick up Trigun SUPER cheap like I did...2 dollar dvd here, 1 dolllar dvd there.....eventually I got all the Dvd's. Heck, I just looked over there a minute ago and yes, some are sealed. Its an okay series but way too hyped.[/QUOTE]

Where do you find the remix dvds for $1/$2 new?. After getting Cowboy Bebop and Berserk for so cheap I don't know if I can pay $40 for Trigun.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']How much does shipping cost on rightstuf??? If I don't want to spend $50 to get it free.[/QUOTE]
it's like $3
well the trigun bundle sale is over so now I don't have to debate buying it anymore lol

I just put in my latest order to take advantage of the Section23 sale. Here is what I ended up purchasing:

• Ghost Hound DVD Collection 1
  • Ghost Hound DVD Collection 2
  • Gin Tama DVD Collection 1
  • Glass Mask (2005) DVD Collection 1
  • Hidamari Sketch Season 1 DVD Collection
  • Hidamari Sketch x 365 DVD Complete Collection
  • Living for the Day After Tomorrow DVD Complete Collection
  • Maria-Holic DVD Complete Collection
  • Tayutama: Kiss on My Deity DVD Complete Collection
  • To Love Ru DVD Collection 1
  • To Love Ru DVD Collection 2

^ Where do you work man, you drop a lot of money.

These are going to be my next 3 purchases:

Tenchi in Tokyo box set

Yuyu Hakusho Seasons 3 and 4.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']^ Where do you work man, you drop a lot of money.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I have a hard time not taking advantage of these sales or deals. I ended up saving $102.89 on this purchase with the Section23 sale and my Got Anime membership.

Last Exile box set in the Daily Deals for $28.98 (before GotAnime discount) is an agreeable offer.

[quote name='Razzuel']I just put in my latest order to take advantage of the Section23 sale. Here is what I ended up purchasing:

• Hidamari Sketch x 365 DVD Complete Collection
  • To Love Ru DVD Collection 2
[/QUOTE]

I regret not getting these during the sale. :( Oh well, I'll wait for the next time they have a good deal going...

Ugh, I waited too long and now the My-Otome Vol. 4 is out of stock. That really really blows. I don't even know what I was waiting for. I should've just nabbed them all. Any advice on where to get singles for cheap? I imagine I'm going to have to pay about half the price of the rest of the set for that one DVD.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Awesome, this is the perfect time to pick up the first Glass Mask set!

Decent show, but the Bluray set will almost certainly be an upscale.

On the flipside, Trigun is one of my *least* favorite series. $40 is about $35 too much.[/QUOTE]

Trigun isn't my favorite either, but $40 is a good price for fans.

I still think Vash is a weak leading character though. I would have much rather watched an entire series about Wolfwood.

The Hidamari Sketch complete collection is... kind of bad. The subtitles are full of typos. Granted, its cheap, but I guess you get what you pay for. The series itself is awesome though.

I also really wish RS would upgrade their 1996-era shopping cart technology. It manages to infuriate me almost every time I shop there.

[quote name='franz ferdinand']The Hidamari Sketch complete collection is... kind of bad. The subtitles are full of typos. Granted, its cheap, but I guess you get what you pay for. The series itself is awesome though.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? God dammit. Does "full of typos" actually mean that there are a significant amount of typos? I've never had a problem with any of Sentai's releases so far; Princess Resurrection did have some mistakes in the subtitles, but there were only about two or three.

I have heard that Glass Mask Collection 1 has a lot of typos, and from a post by MX Media in the ANN forums — they subtitle a lot of Sentai's releases and shows on Crunchyroll — that was one of the first shows that they subtitled. The problem is that Sentai used the subtitles produced for Crunchyroll verbatim. It blows my mind that they didn't at least do some sort of quality check before having the discs pressed.

Thankfullly, MX Media doesn't really have any problems anymore, but that doesn't excuse the alleged subtitles on Glass Mask. I hope they don't spoil the show for me.

The most glaring mistake for the first Hidamari Sketch set, from what I've read, was a huge translation flub, where they translated "tamago" (egg) as "tomato." That's pretty bad on its own, but it's even worse when THE ITEM ON THE SCREEN AT THE TIME IS CLEARLY AN EGG.

Am I really reading the hate on Trigun correctly? It was wacky in the beginning, but turned really touching in the end (was the bipolar aspect of the show the thing that turned you guys off to the series?)

I love Trigun Maybe it's because my first introduction to anime was watching Cowboy Bebop and Trigun on Adult Swim, but that series is very close to me.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']The most glaring mistake for the first Hidamari Sketch set, from what I've read, was a huge translation flub, where they translated "tamago" (egg) as "tomato." That's pretty bad on its own, but it's even worse when THE ITEM ON THE SCREEN AT THE TIME IS CLEARLY AN EGG.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit. I don't even know what to say.

[quote name='Razzuel']Are you serious? God dammit. Does "full of typos" actually mean that there are a significant amount of typos? I've never had a problem with any of Sentai's releases so far; Princess Resurrection did have some mistakes in the subtitles, but there were only about two or three..[/QUOTE]

Well, maybe it wasn't a huge number, but it was far more than I would expect from a professional release. If you've lived with their other releases, you'll probably be fine. I can't give a number, but I remember being off-put by the number of simple typos and translation mistakes (eg, referring to Sae as 'he') in the subtitles. As well as the afore-mentioned egg/tomato example.

[quote name='franz ferdinand']Well, maybe it wasn't a huge number, but it was far more than I would expect from a professional release. If you've lived with their other releases, you'll probably be fine. I can't give a number, but I remember being off-put by the number of simple typos and translation mistakes (eg, referring to Sae as 'he') in the subtitles. As well as the afore-mentioned egg/tomato example.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'll find out whenever I start watching it. Yeah, I think it's ridiculous if there's even one typo, but there's not much I can do to alleviate this problem. Not buying the releases wouldn't help, so I might as well buy them if I'm interested in them.

Ugh, dammit, those typos sound annoying, and I still cannot believe they mistranslated "egg" when the egg is on-screen.

Maybe some of these mistakes are sincerely mistakes, but sometimes mistakes like these make me think that they don't even care about the product. I mean I probably put more time into proofreading my posts on CAG, than the amount of time some of these translators and editors put into producing an English subtitle track. Stuff like this is frustrating and depressing.

I wish all English subtitles were as phenomenal as Kannagi's English subtitles. Not only was the English perfect, but there were puns, and they worked!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Trigun isn't my favorite either, but $40 is a good price for fans.
[/QUOTE]

Until this fall when the Funimation re-release comes out. If it's anything like Gungrave, will be around $30 on release(I found it for $20ish). Plus there will likely be a blu-ray version coming out too, and buying it from Funi would probably show more support for them acquiring the upcoming movie...

Anyone notice that the main page lists Eureka Seven Good Night blu-ray preorder weekly special for $15 but the link is actually for the dvd? I almost bought it but noticed the mistake at checkout. I think I missed out on good blu-ray prices for this title... I'll have to pick it up later.

-Edit-
They fixed it.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Am I really reading the hate on Trigun correctly? It was wacky in the beginning, but turned really touching in the end (was the bipolar aspect of the show the thing that turned you guys off to the series?)

I love Trigun Maybe it's because my first introduction to anime was watching Cowboy Bebop and Trigun on Adult Swim, but that series is very close to me.[/QUOTE]
I also liked the music in Trigun. It had a sorta western feel to it that fit in perfectly with the setting. But I agree with you, maybe it is because it was one of my earlier anime experiences that I love it so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked trigun but unfortunately its one of those animes that chose its own ending rather than sticking to the manga. And the ending was garbage if I recall correctly.

The ending was complete garbage. But its one of those classic anime that you pick up cheap just to have it. Now on that Eurreka Seven movie. I hear mixed reviews...I sorta/kinda trust some of you guys on here....any good? or just plain ugh?

bread's done
Back