Right Stuf Sale Thread (33-40% off Bandai Entertainment) ENDS 11/10

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
This thread will be for posting and discussing the various sales and specials that the anime and manga website "The Right Stuf" offers.

*Free shipping @ $49 for U.S. and $150 for Canada*

Shawne's Daily Deals (07/21):

Current Store/Studio Sale: Save Up to 33-40% OFF Yen Bandai Entertainment

Discover stellar deals on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – from hot new releases, like Star Driver, the Haruhi Suzumiya movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tales of the Abyss, to fan favorites, including Gundam, K-ON!, Gurren Lagann, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and much more!
From now through November 10, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all Blu-ray and DVD titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 10, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Stellar Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)​

Master list of sale items!

Other Notable Items on Sale:
(Book Bargain Bin)
(DVD Bargain Bin)
(Novel Bargain Bin)
(Other Merchandise Bargain Bin)
(Weekly Specials)

Past Sales (Included for reference):
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (10/17 - 10/27)
33% off Dark Horse {10/13 - 10/17}
40% off Funimation {9/26 - 10/13}
33% off Kodansha and Del Rey {9/15 - 9/26}
50% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (9/12 - 9/15)
33% off Yen Press {9/1 - 9/12}
35% off Ya Entertainment {8/29 - 9/1}
46% off DC Comics Animation {8/25 - 8/29}
33% off Vertical Inc. {8/22 - 8/25}
68% off Classic (American) Animation {8/18 - 8/22}
30% off 801 Media and Project H {ADULT} (8/15 - 8/18)
50% off Select Funimation Titles (8/4 - 8/15)
40% off Manga Entertainment (8/1 - 8/4)
30% off Pre-orders (7/21 - 8/1)
33% off Seven Seas (7/18 - 7/21)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (7/7 - 7/18)
33% off Icarus Publishing {ADULT} (7/5 - 7/7)
10% off standard price on in-stock items {Summer Clearance} (6/23 - 7/5)
30% off Digital Manga Publishing (6/20 - 6/23)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (6/9 - 6/20)
40% off DC Universe Animation (6/6 - 6/9)
33% off Viz Media (05/26-06/06)
40% off Funimation (05/12 - 05/26)
40% off Viz Media DVDs (5/2 - 5/12)
30% off Udon Media (4/28 - 5/2)
33% off Stone Bridge Press (4/25 - 4/28)
32% off All In-Stock Items (4/14 - 4/25)
33% off Dark Horse (4/11 - 4/14)
33-40% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (3/31 - 4/11)
33% off Ya Entertainment (3/28 - 3/31)
50% off Funimation SAVE Editions (3/24 - 3/31)
33% off Yen Press (3/17 - 3/28)
40% off Nozomi and Critical Mass Video (3/14 - 3/17)
33% off Del Rey and Kodansha (3/3 - 3/14)
33% off Tai Seng (2/28 - 3/3)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (2/17 - 2/28)
33% off Vertical (2/14 - 2/17)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (2/3 - 2/14)
40% off Funimation (1/20 - 2/3)
40% off Manga Entertainment (1/17 - 1/20)
33% off Tokyopop (1/6 - 1/17)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is bullshit. I had not received an email from Right Stuf yet about the stuff I returned, and I was getting concerned since it should of arrived at their office by now. I pulled out my Delivery Confirmation slip and surprisingly enough, the package arrived at their office last Tuesday, June 15th. I thought that was odd, since I didn't receive an email about getting a refund like I was told over the phone. I decided to check my credit card's activity, and on June 15th, Right Stuf refunded me for the cost of shipping the items back to them. They did not give me a refund for the items I sent back to them, and now it has been almost a week since then, so it's not like they just didn't get around to giving me back my money yet.

How the fuck do you forget to give someone their money back when they ask for a refund? You remembered to give me money for shipping it back to you, but you aren't going to give me money back for the fucking items themselves.

Right Stuf is getting another fucking phone call tomorrow after I get home from work. I have the worst fucking luck. I don't even really want to buy from Right Stuf anymore, but their prices are so fucking competitive that it would be stupid not to buy from them. Ugh.

is it normal for RS to take out the inserts from the dvd that comes in a boxset with only one volume? I thought I was buying new items, but those single volume starter boxsets dvd are open. it also pisses me off how they put them in bargain bins and usually are missing one volume to complete the series. some would buy them incomplete and then a month or so later they sell the entire set as a bargin bundle. wtf. I feel ripped off

[quote name='shinryu333']is it normal for RS to take out the inserts from the dvd that comes in a boxset with only one volume? I thought I was buying new items, but those single volume starter boxsets dvd are open. it also pisses me off how they put them in bargain bins and usually are missing one volume to complete the series. some would buy them incomplete and then a month or so later they sell the entire set as a bargin bundle. wtf. I feel ripped off[/QUOTE]

Firstly- what show had the missing insert? Not all starter sets have one- I have bought shows in the past that just had a styrofoam block.

Secondly- the bargain bin is just like a clearance section anywhere- they sell what they got, or what they got a lot of. Sometimes new stuff turns up that allows a bundle. Sometimes the volume of each disc balances out so they can put one together. Sometimes they were put together beforehand- when singles were commonplace, TRSI sold a lot of show bundles. Those are treated seperately from the singles, and go on clearance at a different time.

Always remember... you don't HAVE to buy those incomplete shows, no matter how good the deal is. I always double-check against amazon prices on incomplete sets I want... if the whole show ain't a good deal, it ain't really a deal.

For Ah My Goddess season 2, you mean volume 2 with the premium box? I'm 99% sure that just comes with an empty white cardboard box to hold the volume inside the art box, so you're not missing anything there/

I don't believe my Loki set had an insert either- at the very least, I can't find it (I tend to keep such things.)

Basically, as long as each of your boxes had something in it to hold the single volume in place, you should be fine in that regard.

[quote name='shinryu333']^ To Hearts and Loki Ragnarok. Ah! My Goddess Flights of Fancy S2 Premium Box all dvds missing inserts.[/QUOTE]

To Heart didn't have any inserts. You're complaining about nothing.

I'm sure this isn't the right thread for it, but... I recently starting picking up some Strawberry 100% from Rightstuf and I noticed that Volume 4 is backordered. So, when checking other various online, it appears that it's sold out everywhere and out of print... also going only available for ridiculous prices individually.

Is that common with manga? I mean, why would only one volume be discontinued in an ongoing series?

I ordered the X and Heat Guy J sets. For the price it was a no brainer. I also snagged 2 $10 mystery boxes and a $5 mystery box. I'll post what the mystery boxes are when they arrive.

[quote name='Brian9824']Honestly for Toradora and Persona i'm not impressed. Too pricy for no dub. I'll wait and see if i can get em on sale.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention it's NISA. There will be numerous typos and one of the discs will crash at a random location.

[quote name='GuardianE']I'm sure this isn't the right thread for it, but... I recently starting picking up some Strawberry 100% from Rightstuf and I noticed that Volume 4 is backordered. So, when checking other various online, it appears that it's sold out everywhere and out of print... also going only available for ridiculous prices individually.

Is that common with manga? I mean, why would only one volume be discontinued in an ongoing series?[/QUOTE]

It's not 1 volume is OOP... the whole block of volumes around it is likely OOP. It's not uncommon for things to stay in-stock, sometimes for years, just on backstock alone. As for your volume 4- due to some oddity in the market when they released it, that 1 volume had a lower print run, which means less backstock, which means it actually sold out. It's pretty common with manga, actually.

Place your order with TRSI anyway- it'll probably get cancelled, but if you're lucky they'll get ahold of it.

[quote name='Alien Spider']With the CDs? ;)[/QUOTE]

Next time be more specific. But the CDs aren't a huge loss, since outside of a few tracks, the soundtrack isn't that interesting. The show is totally worth it, however. Disc 6 only has 8 copies left!

[quote name='Brian9824']Honestly for Toradora and Persona i'm not impressed. Too pricy for no dub. I'll wait and see if i can get em on sale.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed the couple fansub eps I watched of Toradora, and while it is a bit pricey, I want the extras (yes I am a sucker for that stuff).

[quote name='Virsago']I just checked it a while ago and they had 1 available and I bought it. :bouncy:

But I see rave child posted about it, I checked right stuf before coming back to this thread.[/QUOTE]

I missed that :/ I think it's a good buy though.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']It's not 1 volume is OOP... the whole block of volumes around it is likely OOP. It's not uncommon for things to stay in-stock, sometimes for years, just on backstock alone. As for your volume 4- due to some oddity in the market when they released it, that 1 volume had a lower print run, which means less backstock, which means it actually sold out. It's pretty common with manga, actually.

Place your order with TRSI anyway- it'll probably get cancelled, but if you're lucky they'll get ahold of it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense.

I actually ordered it back in the beginning of this year when they had a Viz sale, and it's been on backorder since. They recently canceled that volume from my order list. Guess I'll just have to scour the net.

[quote name='Virsago']I just checked it a while ago and they had 1 available and I bought it. :bouncy:

But I see rave child posted about it, I checked right stuf before coming back to this thread.[/QUOTE]

So YOU snagged it! How many were there to begin with?

There hasn't been anything interesting in the weekly sales, and then BOOM, the one (X tv) I've been waiting for disappears in a day or so. Top that off with the drop on Monte Cristo (I paid 27) and I'm feeling such regret for not waiting and waiting. It wouldn't bite so much if Gankutsuou wasn't still sealed up and I had already watched it. Ugh.

[quote name='Razzuel']This is bullshit. I had not received an email from Right Stuf yet about the stuff I returned, and I was getting concerned since it should of arrived at their office by now. I pulled out my Delivery Confirmation slip and surprisingly enough, the package arrived at their office last Tuesday, June 15th. I thought that was odd, since I didn't receive an email about getting a refund like I was told over the phone. I decided to check my credit card's activity, and on June 15th, Right Stuf refunded me for the cost of shipping the items back to them. They did not give me a refund for the items I sent back to them, and now it has been almost a week since then, so it's not like they just didn't get around to giving me back my money yet.

How the fuck do you forget to give someone their money back when they ask for a refund? You remembered to give me money for shipping it back to you, but you aren't going to give me money back for the fucking items themselves.

Right Stuf is getting another fucking phone call tomorrow after I get home from work. I have the worst fucking luck. I don't even really want to buy from Right Stuf anymore, but their prices are so fucking competitive that it would be stupid not to buy from them. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

Any updates Razzuel? Sorry to hear about the frustration.

The one time I had to deal with a return went pretty smoothly after an initial bump about whether inserts were usually included in Viridians.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Any updates Razzuel? Sorry to hear about the frustration.

The one time I had to deal with a return went pretty smoothly after an initial bump about whether inserts were usually included in Viridians.[/QUOTE]

Oh, sorry. Thanks for the reminder; I was starting to forget. I called Right Stuf on Monday, and the customer service representative that I spoke with wasn't very good at her job, but I eventually got the information I was looking for. Back when I called about returning my stuff, I got a customer service representative that listened to what I was saying and let me finish my sentences, however, the lady that I spoke with on Monday never let me finish my sentences. I never even had a chance to explain my problem, and eventually our conversation lead to the answer I was looking for. Things would have gone much smoother if she would of just let me speak without interruption.

Anyway, now about the situation itself: The customer representative told me that they issued a refund on that very same Monday, June 21st, which was very coincidental and conspicuous to me. Why did they refund me for the shipping costs on June 15th and then wait six days to issue me a refund on the items themselves? From my perspective, it seemed like they forgot to give me a refund for the items, and they actually issued the refund during my phone call with customer service on that same Monday. I know that makes me sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I can't think of any other reason for their delay. Finally, on Wednesday, June 23, my refund was posted to my credit card account, and I got all of my money back.

Everything worked out in the end, but none of this should have ever happened in the first place. The items that I ordered should of been in perfect condition; I shouldn't of had to deal with any of this.

Just sounds like it got partly confused with an exchange. Weren't those the same disks that you tried to exchange for good ones earlier?

[quote name='crumrin114']Just sounds like it got partly confused with an exchange. Weren't those the same disks that you tried to exchange for good ones earlier?[/QUOTE]

I did mark refund on both return invoices, and both return invoices had both return authorization numbers on each invoice, so I don't see how there could be a misunderstanding. I will admit that the customer service representative that I spoke with on Monday was getting confused with my history of returns and exchanges, but I think that's the case of her having trouble doing her job; the first person I talked to a while back about getting a refund never got confused and was always on top of everything — he was the ideal customer service representative.

Anyway, if you're curious of the whole story and how exactly everything happened, then I can relay that information, but I'll make it simple by categorizing my issues as the Barefoot Gen Order and the Kaleido Star Order.

Sequence of events:

1. Ordered the Kaleido Star Order.
  2. Almost all of the items had problematic discs.
  3. Returned the problematic items in the Kaleido Star Order.
  4. Ordered the Barefoot Gen Order.
  5. The Barefoot Gen Order had two problematic items.
  6. Returned the problematic items in the Barefoot Gen Order.
  7. Received the Kaleido Star Order Exchange.
  8. The Kaleido Star Order Exchange had the same problems as before.
  9. Received the Barefoot Gen Order Exhange.
  10. The Barefoot Gen Order Exchange had the same problems as before.
  11. Called Right Stuf, since I was tired of paying shipping and receiving items with the same problems that I originally had.
  12. Right Stuf representative strongly suggested I return the items for a full refund.
  13. I agreed to return the items for a full refund, since I was tired of dealing with this situation, and getting a refund would ease my mind.
  14. Returned the Kaleido Star Order Exchange and the Barefoot Gen Order Exhange.
  15. Right Stuf received the Kaleido Star Order Exchange and the Barefoot Gen Order Exchange on June 15th.
  16. Received a refund for the shipping costs on June 15.
  17. On June 20th I noticed I was refunded for the shipping costs on June 15th, but the items themselves were not refunded.
  18. Called Right Stuf on June 21st, and the Right Stuf representative said the refund of the items was issued that very same day.
  19. On June 23rd the refund of the items was posted to my credit card account.

Please don't mess this up Right Stuf:

• Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040
  • Gin Tama DVD Collection 2
  • Hell Girl Season 2 Part 1
  • Hell Girl Season 2 Part 2
  • Hell Girl Season 3 Part 1
  • Toradora! DVD Box Set 1
  • Toradora! DVD Box Set 2
  • Xam'd Blu-ray Collection 1

Huh, blind boxes sound interesting, its fun to get mystery boxes and that is some very decent stuff. I wonder if the $5 and $10 are always box sets.....

[quote name='Brian9824']FYI ordered a few blind boxes off rightstuf and was pleasantly surprised.

Ordered 2 $10 and a $5 and got some good stuff.

$10 - http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/ISTLApI5qNDPAeetab/browse/item/75772/4/0/0
$10 - http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/ISTLApI5qNDPAeetab/browse/item/79847/4/0/0
$5 - http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/ISTLApI5qNDPAeetab/browse/item/80524/4/0/0[/QUOTE]

I know a few others have gotten box sets as well. I was actually looking at buying Abenobashi so it worked out great and Aquarian Age is on my list to check out. I want to trade Coyote Ragtime Show though, its a good show but i've seen it before.

So are RS just putting in $30 box sets for the blind boxes just to build up a rep for them or is this what the blind boxes were meant to be? Because i was expecting more random singles that haven't been moving over full sets which are so much more likely to be bought.

[quote name='Chronis']So are RS just putting in $30 box sets for the blind boxes just to build up a rep for them or is this what the blind boxes were meant to be? Because i was expecting more random singles that haven't been moving over full sets which are so much more likely to be bought.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I would but some $5 or $10 if I thought it was likely to get box sets rather than just random singles.

I wouldn't be too concerned. I know a few other people who have done this and everyone has gotten boxsets so far on the $5-10 stuff. I'd imagine $1 blind boxes would be singles though

Hi guys. I'm a bit new to Rightstuf. I want to make my first order. I know I want Kanon for 18 bucks. What are some other cheap series that I could get so I could get the free shipping?

[quote name='jfs_87']Hi guys. I'm a bit new to Rightstuf. I want to make my first order. I know I want Kanon for 18 bucks. What are some other cheap series that I could get so I could get the free shipping?[/QUOTE]

Gankutsuou. Everybody should be buying this.

[quote name='Brian9824']FYI ordered a few blind boxes off rightstuf and was pleasantly surprised.

$10 - http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/ISTLApI5qNDPAeetab/browse/item/75772/4/0/0[/QUOTE]
That's awesome for $10. I'll have to try a blind box next time I place an order at RS.

[quote name='jfs_87']Hi guys. I'm a bit new to Rightstuf. I want to make my first order. I know I want Kanon for 18 bucks. What are some other cheap series that I could get so I could get the free shipping?[/QUOTE]
Suzuka for $12: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/EvuWcmU=bgVjZ3MZuF/browse/item/87156/4/0/0

If you plan on buying a lot of anime I recommend getting the $12 Got Anime one year membership: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/PeC93Hh-xHqgsYWuxn/browse/item/28423/4/0/0
I purchased this with my first order and it payed for itself by my second order; after that it has been pure savings.

[quote name='G-Nitro']Damn, guess I'll have to get some blind boxes when I make my next purchase. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing, but they might see my name on the order, and then they'll know to give me their worst. ;)

Yeah, I'm definitely getting some more blind boxes next purchase. Based on what I got and what others have been getting, I think it's a pretty good purchase. Plus it's fun opening mystery packages ;)

Would you guys recommend making an order full of blind boxes? If so, how should I? Five $10 boxes? Ten $5 boxes? what's a nice mix?

I think I am going to have get some Blind Boxes next paycheck. I hope I get the same luck with Abenobashi. I've been wanting to see that since it first came out years ago.

I just bought some stuff. I needed season one of School Rumble since I just bought season two from Best Buy, and I thought I might as well pick up two other things I've been meaning to buy.

• Kana: Little Sister
  • Queen's Blade: The Exiled Virgin DVD 1
  • School Rumble OVA
  • School Rumble Season 1

[quote name='Rave Child']I just got a blind box and got the same Abenobashi tin. I'm very happy with it for $10 :D[/QUOTE]

Same here. Slightly dented, but in good shape. They sell same set for $30, so I don't know why they're giving it away for $10....

[quote name='jfs_87']Would you guys recommend making an order full of blind boxes? If so, how should I? Five $10 boxes? Ten $5 boxes? what's a nice mix?[/QUOTE]
I did an order of just blind boxes - 2 x $10, 4 x $5, and 10 x $1. Depending on what you want, you get different stuff for each denomination. Got DVD sets at $5 and $10, but I thought the $1 stuff was better! Got a couple of t-shirts (size L), 3 CDs (meh), 3 metal plate things (drawing pads or something? slightly scratched), 1 Armitage McFarlane toy, and 1 Stress ball character thing.

Not bad, but I was hoping for another mini-mouse pad! I got one in my last order... I wonder if I can make requests in a future order?

Anyway, best $10 I've ever spent! :lol: Random anime goodness!

If anyone's interested, I can list the $5 and $10 stuff in detail.

[quote name='Razzuel']I just bought some stuff. I needed season one of School Rumble since I just bought season two from Best Buy, and I thought I might as well pick up two other things I've been meaning to buy.

• Kana: Little Sister
  • Queen's Blade: The Exiled Virgin DVD 1
  • School Rumble OVA
  • School Rumble Season 1
[/QUOTE]

School Rumble OVA is TERRIBLE. I would skip it. No continuity to overall story, and it features the THIRD TIER characters - background people who are completely irrelevant to overall story. LAme.

bread's done
Back