RightStuf - Bargain Bin Blowout up to 95% off MSRP thru. Dec, 7

[quote name='DuelLadyS']And, if anyone who ordered that gets the paper wrap-around for volume 5 (those gold-embossed ones with the diamond-shaped opening on the front)... PM me, I need it! Mine didn't come with one and it looks terrible next to the others :cry: I've got a spare Last Exile vol.1 and a copy of Resident Evil: Code Veronica for Dreamcast (Game+manual, not original case) I'd trade for it, or we can work something out.[/QUOTE]

Wow, how did yours not come with one? I don't think I've ever seen a single copy of Chevalier without a sleeve...

If it says "Please Check Back" that means it most definitely will be back in stock, right?

I'm kinda interested in picking up all of My-HiME now, but all the DVDs are OOS except for Vol. 1

[quote name='shivaedge']If it says "Please Check Back" that means it most definitely will be back in stock, right?

I'm kinda interested in picking up all of My-HiME now, but all the DVDs are OOS except for Vol. 1[/quote]

My guess is likely to very likely.

This is the second time the My Hime volumes have reached Out of Stock status. From what I can see there is one reason why a certain volume continues to be out of stock -- bargain hunters still has it in their shopping carts and have decided not to check out.

What happened was this:
(1) First run: Each My Hime had around 120 in stock.
(2) Once the last person checks out with the last copy, all titles listed as out of stock will be listed as not available for purchase anymore.
(3) Second run happens: Rightstuf updates the counter with a fresh batch, and we have another 120 quantities available for sale.

Bargain hunters need to realize that rightstuf still has a boat load of the titles left in stock, but the system will only add a new batch when the last copy gets processed through checkout. If that final copy from the first or second batch doesn't get checked out, the quantity available will remain as out of stock.

009 is another example. Once he/she checks out with the last copy, rightstuf will magically have 120 plus copies listed in stock again.

The person with the last copy held hostage in his/her cart just needs to realize that that's not exactly the last and final copy. Maybe for some series that might be the case, but My Hime and 009 is abundant. Check out so rightstuf can update the site with a fresh batch!!!

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']My guess is likely to very likely.

This is the second time the My Hime volumes have reached Out of Stock status. From what I can see there is one reason why a certain volume continues to be out of stock -- bargain hunters still has it in their shopping carts and have decided not to check out.

What happened was this:
(1) First run: Each My Hime had around 120 in stock.
(2) Once the last person checks out with the last copy, all titles listed as out of stock will be listed as not available for purchase anymore.
(3) Second run happens: Rightstuf updates the counter with a fresh batch, and we have another 120 quantities available for sale.

Bargain hunters need to realize that rightstuf still has a boat load of the titles left in stock, but the system will only add a new batch when the last copy gets processed through checkout. If that final copy from the first or second batch doesn't get checked out, the quantity available will remain as out of stock.

009 is another example. Once he/she checks out with the last copy, rightstuf will magically have 120 plus copies listed in stock again.

The person with the last copy held hostage in his/her cart just needs to realize that that's not exactly the last and final copy. Maybe for some series that might be the case, but My Hime and 009 is abundant. Check out so rightstuf can update the site with a fresh batch!!![/QUOTE]

:D

That's a relief. I'll check again tomorrow. Thanks for the info!

For my wallet's sake I kind of hope Le Chevalier D'eon doesn't come back, or I might have to grab it, it looks great.

[quote name='Brian9824']My-Hime definitely ranks up their as one of my top 5 favorite animes of all time. Especially after the half way point.[/quote]

I started watching it this morning before work. I finished the first DVD. Cool so far.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Wow, how did yours not come with one? I don't think I've ever seen a single copy of Chevalier without a sleeve...[/QUOTE]

I don't have a clue- I ordered most of the series at the same time from TRSI awhile ago, but that one came sleeve-less. I seriously thought about returning it, but opted not to since I couldn't guarantee it wouldn't happen again, and didn't want to pay the return shipping on a gamble.

I did see a couple copies sans sleeve at my local Best Buy, back when it was coming out, so I wonder if that contributes somehow. (I really want that stupid sleeve...)

[quote name='Rocko']Come on Rightstuf, restock Le Chevalier D'eon volume 4 so I can place oooooone last order. Please?[/QUOTE]

i know!! that will probably be my last....tempted for Chrono Crusade aswell

also, should i even bother RS with this? i got my My-Hime set today and the artbox for vol 7 is pretty beat up..think they would give me a new one?

I've got all of Gilgamesh and all but 4 of Le Chevalier D'eon in my cart right now. I wish they'd restock that one so I can order 'em and be done. I'm 99% sure I'd be finished at that point. :lol:

pd12381 Chobits 3-pack (Discs 1-3) DVD (Hyb) (*) 1 $20.00
pd11864 Chobits DVD 4 (Hyb): Love Defined (*) 1 $7.00
pd11865 Chobits DVD 5 (Hyb): Disappearance (*) 1 $7.00
pd12333 Heat Guy J DVD 3-Pack (Discs 1-3) DVD (Hyb) (*) 1 $8.00
pd12055 Heat Guy J DVD 4 (Hyb): Hidden Fangs (*) 1 $3.00
pd12056 Heat Guy J DVD 5 (Hyb): Haunted Past (*) 1 $3.00
pd12057 Heat Guy J DVD 6 (Hyb): Urban Corruption (*) 1 $3.00
pd12058 Heat Guy J DVD 7 (Hyb): Revolution (*) 1 $3.00
Item Subtotal: $54.00

still need 6&7 of chobits... need them for my girlfriends birthday.

My order shipped Friday and arrived today. I was a little surprised, I figured it would take until around Wednesday. I remember when Amazon free shipping was that fast, those were the good days.

[quote name='refusedchaos']i know!! that will probably be my last....tempted for Chrono Crusade aswell

also, should i even bother RS with this? i got my My-Hime set today and the artbox for vol 7 is pretty beat up..think they would give me a new one?[/quote]

They replaced mine, but the one they sent was even worse.

Something I wanted that was sold out, is now NO LONGER sold out, so if you thought you missed out on something, check again.

[quote name='the_punisher']What do you guys recommend to a guy who has only watched FMA and Gungrave (and loved both)? There's so much here![/QUOTE]

trigun

Order 1:
$3.00 * av80046 Cowboy Bebop Best Sessions Set
$5.00 * dum004 Utawarerumono DVD 4
$5.00 * dum006 Utawarerumono DVD 6
Shipping Amount: $5.00
Total Amount: $18.00

Order 2:
$2.00 * av80155 Gundam 0080 DVD 1
$2.00 * av80150 Gundam 0083 DVD 1
$4.00 * g52622 Last Exile DVD/CD Combo Box Pack
$4.00 * pd11818 Strawberry Eggs (I My Me!) DVD 2
$4.00 * pd11819 Strawberry Eggs (I My Me!) DVD 3
$7.00 * dumbx1 Utawarerumono DVD 2 + Box
$5.00 * dum005 Utawarerumono DVD 5
Shipping Amount: $9.00
Total Amount: $37.00

This is excellent. I wish I ordered them together to save on shipping, but a lot of stuff was sold out the first time I ordered.

Noir disks 1, 2, 7 :( If only they had the entire show!

(28$)
Vandread s1 - Disks 1-4
s2 - 1-3

21$ shy of free shipping.

Argh, they have 0 disk 4 of Vandread :(

[quote name='slowdive21']They are shipping the orders priority mail...usually rightstuf ships media.[/quote]

No, mine were media mail.

[quote name='refusedchaos']did that make you sent the old one back?[/quote]

The above question is in reference to Veronica Mars' Hime box (e.g. My Hime volume 7 artbox exchanged for another).

*Raises Hands* I'll answer that.

Yes, they make you send it back. You don't get two for the price of one :) You usually send it back before they ship out another.

Two of my orders are still unshipped (My Hime vol 1 with art box and shirt, and another order with Best Student Council 1-6).

They got Le Chevalier D'eon 4 in stock, so I think I'm going to grab Le Chevalier D'eon 1-6 with art box and Gilgamesh 1-7 with art box.

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']
The above question is in reference to Veronica Mars' Hime box (e.g. My Hime volume 7 artbox exchanged for another).

*Raises Hands* I'll answer that.

Yes, they make you send it back. You don't get two for the price of one :) You usually send it back before they ship out another.[/QUOTE]

ll i know...but i guess ill keep he box since i dont wanna get one that is worse than the one i have

[quote name='Rocko']Two of my orders are still unshipped (My Hime vol 1 with art box and shirt, and another order with Best Student Council 1-6).

They got Le Chevalier D'eon 4 in stock, so I think I'm going to grab Le Chevalier D'eon 1-6 with art box and Gilgamesh 1-7 with art box.[/QUOTE]
fuck me...more money gone

[quote name='GuardianE']Wow, practically all of My-Hime is gone. I wanted to give it a shot.[/quote]

When I saw the dvd's were like 3 and 6 dollars each I was excited, then I saw they were missing a bunch and the excitement turned into dissapointment.

[quote name='bigl523']When I saw the dvd's were like 3 and 6 dollars each I was excited, then I saw they were missing a bunch and the excitement turned into dissapointment.[/quote]

I know. The same for 009. I know there was a post before about how they'll likely come back in stock, but there's always something inside that says "You should've seen this deal earlier and you missed it!!!!"

I'm looking for filler titles here. Any advice?

I have weird taste. I like dark, twisted stuff especially psychological horrors (like Perfect Blue) and also goofy harem shows (like Love Hina). Totally different, but I dig them both. :p

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nightwalker...but they only have one of the two disks. (eps 1-6). It is only $2, but it is worth it.[/quote]

Ack, I just placed my order. Thank you, though. I'll add that with my next order.

For anyone that missed out on some Tenjho Tenge, they're selling the entire set with the box for $1 more than what you would have paid separately:

1 $48.99 * pd12955 Tenjho Tenge Complete DVD Collection

And it comes with a box, which makes up for that $1 I spent. For some reason, it's not included in the blowout clearance even though the price is still the same.

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nightwalker...but they only have one of the two disks. (eps 1-6). It is only $2, but it is worth it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wish they had disc 2. I already for disc 1 from them quite a while ago.

[quote name='GuardianE'] For some reason, it's not included in the blowout clearance even though the price is still the same.[/quote]
It's only a weekly special. The price will go back up on Thursday while the blowout sale lasts another week.

pd17004 Ah! My Goddess the Motion Picture UMD (Hyb) (*)
pd12910 Ergo Proxy DVD 1 (Hyb): Awakening (*)
pd12911 Ergo Proxy DVD 2 (Hyb) (*)
pd12912 Ergo Proxy DVD 3 (Hyb): Cytotropism (*)
pd12913 Ergo Proxy DVD 4 (Hyb): Wrong Way Home (*)
pd12914 Ergo Proxy DVD 5 (Hyb): Terra Incognita (*)
dff001 Final Fantasy Unlimited DVD 1 (Hyb): Phase 1 (*)
fun08132 Fullmetal Alchemist DVD 1 (Hyb): The Alchemist's Curse (*)
pd12144 Lain, Serial Experiments DVD 1 (Hyb): Navi - Geneon Signature Series (*)
pd12206 Lain, Serial Experiments DVD 2 (Hyb): Knights - Geneon Signature Series (*)
pd12240 Lain, Serial Experiments DVD 3 (Hyb): Deus - Geneon Signature Series (*)
pd12241 Lain, Serial Experiments DVD 4 (Hyb): Reset - Geneon Signature Series (*)
av26300 Planetes DVD 1 (Hyb) (*)

[quote name='ChibiJosh']It's only a weekly special. The price will go back up on Thursday while the blowout sale lasts another week.[/quote]

Oh wow, that's good to know. I just checked on there and they have some pretty good deals. Have they been adding stuff to the blowout deals?

I see The Complete Set of Witchblade for $45. I've heard good things about the series. Anyone have any opinions?

Looks like they did some cleaning. 009-1 is removed from the listing except for Volume 2. :(

009-1 is back up, I just got in for a second order on 1-3, Gilgamesh 1-7 and Ergo Proxy 2-5 (which was OOS yesterday).

Witchblade is your basic Gonzo show throughout, the animation takes a dive around the first third, the story is a pretty constant "eh" with the occasional turning point, but it ends in a way that you wish more stories would end and it's not a total waste, IMO. It would be more easy to recommend it for $30 or if it is on a (legit) streaming site.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was really wanting to wait for the boxset of Ah! My Goddess Season 2, but right now it's ~$11 more at DeepDiscount and the 25% off sale is suppose to end before its release on the 25th (the sale could be extended though). Not to mention the set only having 4 DVDs (6 episodes on each disc, there could potentially be compression issues). It would have looked nice next to my season 1 brick set but eh well, I went with the singles, at least now I'll have the extras (not to mention the great artbox) for basically the same price. Making room on my shelf however is another matter altogether. >_<

lol Genma Wars must suck but for $4 for the complete set, I figured why not. Also picked up Captain Harlock 1-4 to round out the free shipping.

Dollar for dollar, Rightstuf's sale is by far kicking my ass compared to the DeepDiscount one. :eek: This order is it for me, though!

Got my second order today! Priority mail again! (They probably know I buy 2-3 times per sale). I still need Scrapped Princess 5 collector's edition. Looks like they restocked 4 for anyone who missed it.

Poking around the website some I found they have some bargain bin items that are cds, figures, and various anime stuff that don't show up in the bargain bin sale search:

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/F1ZuSFOSE4V7G5SkMN/browse/outline/4/2337

Mainly 5.99 cds but some statutes/figures and random ADV stuff for good discounts as well. I didn't see anything I personally wanted but might at least give some free shipping padding for someone.

It's in the "other item" bargain bin

round 2

1 $6.00 * dcyb001 009-1 DVD 1 (Hyb)
1 $8.00 * dcybbx1 009-1 DVD 2 (Hyb) + Artbox
1 $6.00 * dcyb003 009-1 DVD 3 (Hyb)
1 $6.00 * dglmbx1 Gilgamesh DVD 1 (Hyb) + Artbox
1 $4.00 * dglm002 Gilgamesh DVD 2 (Hyb): Cage Without A
1 $4.00 * dglm003 Gilgamesh DVD 3 (Hyb): A Wake for the
1 $4.00 * dglm004 Gilgamesh DVD 4 (Hyb): Under a Blood
1 $4.00 * dglm005 Gilgamesh DVD 5 (Hyb): As Truth Break
1 $4.00 * dglm006 Gilgamesh DVD 6 (Hyb): In the Soul Ec
1 $4.00 * dglm007 Gilgamesh DVD 7 (Hyb): All Fall Down
1 $5.00 * dcde001 Le Chevalier D'Eon DVD 1 (Hyb)
1 $7.00 * dcdebx1 Le Chevalier D'Eon DVD 2 (Hyb): Agent
1 $5.00 * dcde003 Le Chevalier D'Eon DVD 3 (Hyb): Danse
1 $5.00 * dcde004 Le Chevalier D'Eon DVD 4 (Hyb): Ancie
1 $5.00 * dcde005 Le Chevalier D'Eon DVD 5 (Hyb): Volte
1 $5.00 * dcde006 Le Chevalier D'Eon DVD 6 (Hyb): Bete

i think we should get a special CAG discount for clearing out their bargain bin for them :)

and i think my order shipped yesterday because they called me and told me that they were going to have to ship to my billing address beacuse it didnt match my CC :( oh well. it sucks having two addresses heh.

bread's done
Back