RightStuf - Bargain Bin Blowout up to 95% off MSRP thru. Dec, 7

[quote name='Rocko']Also, grr @ Le Chevalier D'eon V not having the cover like the other 5. :[[/QUOTE]

lol well that's makes three of us that I counted. :whistle2:(

But it sounds like georox and his X the TV series order was a lot worse off! >_< I almost ordered those, but I'm still hoping Funi picks up the X: Remix release and does something cool with it.

Although, I'm seriously disliking their practice of cramming a whole 26 episode anime onto FOUR discs, crappy packaging, AND then still charging us a premium. Want to short change us 1-2 discs? How about not screwing us on the price then? :\ With a real ADV thinpak collection you got a nice sturdy artbox, and around 5 discs depending on the release for about the same amount as Funi's new releases (MSRP was higher, but they seemed to be easier to find cheaper than these new releases are). Funi is really dropping the ball, but that's my opinion. I'm seriously reconsidering picking up any more Funi releases if they continue to these type of releases.

*ahem* sorry for the rant. :eek:

[quote name='Rocko']My first order was the 13th.[/quote]

on the 15th

waiting for my first order too sigh.....

I've never been displeased with a TRSI order. The one time I had a screwup, my multidisk pack for a Sailor Moon season being broken, they sent me a replacement within a week.
Some titles I've enjoyed that are on the sale:
Doki Doki School Hours
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue
Koi Kaze is very unique and bittersweet, if you can get past one huge stumbling block
Full Metal Panic is always good
I couldn't get into Heat Guy J.
I'm passing this time, I've still got tens of disks from the 25-for-100 sale.

[quote name='dtcarson']I've never been displeased with a TRSI order. The one time I had a screwup, my multidisk pack for a Sailor Moon season being broken, they sent me a replacement within a week.
Some titles I've enjoyed that are on the sale:
Doki Doki School Hours
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue
Koi Kaze is very unique and bittersweet, if you can get past one huge stumbling block
Full Metal Panic is always good
I couldn't get into Heat Guy J.
I'm passing this time, I've still got tens of disks from the 25-for-100 sale.[/quote]

Don't get me wrong, normally I LOVE RightStuf, but this stuff honestly seems like it was a refurb from a factory or something. I mean, the varying shrinkwrap, some not having security stickers, 5 of 8 not having slipcovers.. it just doesn't seem right, especially the security sticker part. Every other order I have made with RightStuf has been flawless, and I have used em for a few years as my primary point of buying anime.

[quote name='georox']Don't get me wrong, normally I LOVE RightStuf, but this stuff honestly seems like it was a refurb from a factory or something. I mean, the varying shrinkwrap, some not having security stickers, 5 of 8 not having slipcovers.. it just doesn't seem right, especially the security sticker part. Every other order I have made with RightStuf has been flawless, and I have used em for a few years as my primary point of buying anime.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty simple- TRSI is one of, if not the, biggest dedicated movers of anime out there. So it goes like this:

Retail chain sells DVDs, gets returns/people taking off shrinkwrap in store/whatever crap people do to DVDs B&M.

Retail chain ships all these semi-messed up DVDs and unsold product back to the publisher.

Publisher patches up semi messed-up DVDs and sells then to TRSI with the returned product at a discount.

TRSI sells it to us at a discount (usually, anyway) and we get the resealed DVDs.

I really don't mind, myself- of the 'secondhand-looking' DVDs I've gotten, I've had any that were damaged or defective in any way- those (a total of 4) were pre-orders and quite new. The slipcover thing is the only real annoyance- I wonder if there's any way to ask for one- like, from a damaged disc that got returned or something. Hmm...

[quote name='DuelLadyS']It's pretty simple- TRSI is one of, if not the, biggest dedicated movers of anime out there. So it goes like this:

Retail chain sells DVDs, gets returns/people taking off shrinkwrap in store/whatever crap people do to DVDs B&M.

Retail chain ships all these semi-messed up DVDs and unsold product back to the publisher.

Publisher patches up semi messed-up DVDs and sells then to TRSI with the returned product at a discount.

TRSI sells it to us at a discount (usually, anyway) and we get the resealed DVDs.

I really don't mind, myself- of the 'secondhand-looking' DVDs I've gotten, I've had any that were damaged or defective in any way- those (a total of 4) were pre-orders and quite new. The slipcover thing is the only real annoyance- I wonder if there's any way to ask for one- like, from a damaged disc that got returned or something. Hmm...[/quote]

Yea, the slipcovers are what bugs me. I've got some clear anime cases I can gut art from (Series with special cases for discs, like ROD TV, where I no longer need all 7ish of the DVDs in individual packages.)

I noticed that also! The wrapping varries from disk to disk. The few times I've ordered with TRSI, it's been good. When I call to order, seems like they get discouraged when I order the items on sale. I'm just being picky I guess, but it's something that might bother others.

[quote name='georox']Want bad? Half of my X the TV Series set didn't have slipcovers. 3 volumes had these sexy slipcovers, 5 didn't. One of the DVDs had a *black* case while the rest had transparent. Most of em had the resealed style of shrinkwrap. Only one DVD being different in a set is nothing compared to this, I got the Frankenstein series.[/QUOTE]

Only the first run of X DVDs had slipcovers, and even then, some of the first shipment *didn't* have them. You're lucky you got even three of them, at this point. I ordered X for myself during the very first Rightstuf Geneon blowout sale two years ago, and only got four slipcovers. You haven't been shortchanged, just consider them to be like the R.O.D The TV pencil boards - bonuses.

[quote name='Rocko']Also, grr @ Le Chevalier D'eon V not having the cover like the other 5. :[[/quote]
Count me in too. My whole set has slipcovers except this volume :roll:

I had Ergo Proxy Vol. 5 in my order which I thought was the last volume. Then when I organized the DVDs I saw Vol. 5 already in my collection :bomb:

[quote name='eau']Count me in too. My whole set has slipcovers except this volume :roll:

I had Ergo Proxy Vol. 5 in my order which I thought was the last volume. Then when I organized the DVDs I saw Vol. 5 already in my collection :bomb:[/QUOTE]

That sucks. I ordered on day one, and got a slipcover with my Chevalier 5.

My first and only order I placed on the 13th got here yesterday, there was a delay in shipping since i punched in a number wrong but oh well probably won't get around to watching them for a bit anyways.

HEADS-UP:

DLK has informed me that the Bargain Bin Blowout Sale will be extended to 12/7/2008...

And there are new additions that were added within the last 12 hours...and there will be more to come...

EDIT: So far today's changes are Black Blood Brothers, Glass Fleet, School Rumble, Vexille, Tenchi Ryo Ohki...there should be more to come later today.

[quote name='WTK']HEADS-UP:

DLK has informed me that the Bargain Bin Blowout Sale will be extended to 12/7/2008...

And there are new additions that were added within the last 12 hours...and there will be more to come...

EDIT: So far today's changes are Black Blood Brothers, Glass Fleet, School Rumble, Vexille, Tenchi Ryo Ohki...there should be more to come later today.[/quote]

Cool! I was just noticing that the prices were still the same this monring.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']That sucks. I ordered on day one, and got a slipcover with my Chevalier 5.[/quote]

I got the slipcover in my order as well.

EDIT: So far today's changes are Black Blood Brothers, Glass Fleet, School Rumble, Vexille, Tenchi Ryo Ohki...there should be more to come later today.[/quote]
150 or so CD titles added to the Blowout sale!

Thanks, WTK.

Grabbed the last 2 volumes of School Rumble I was missing. Looked to see if any of the others I was looking for had come back in stock (My Hime, vol 6 of Ergo Proxy, vols 3&4 of Desert Punk) but no luck. I did see they added vol 1 of Desert Punk w/ the artbox, which sucks. Oh well.

It sucks, I placed 2 orders yesterday one with all my DVDs and one with all my CDs and all the CDs got lowered today by $20 total and they cannot change the price since they claim the order already has shipped. Looks like I will need to refuse the package and re-order since that is about the only way for me to get these new prices.

"What is the difference between the regular edition and the Viridian Collection on Funimation DVDs?"

Pretty sure its just the dress on the cover inserts.

[quote name='slowdive21']I have a question: What is the difference between the regular edition and the Viridian Collection on Funimation DVDs?[/QUOTE]

If it's singles, just a lil' box logo on the corner of the cover.

The boxsets, on the other hand, have all-paper packaging that most everyone hates... well, had all-paper packaging anyway- my understanding is Funi is moving/moved back toward a more traditonal boxset since the paper stuff was a bomb.

(Don't buy many re-release boxsets, so I'm not 100% sure on all that...)

[quote name='Rocko']Tempted to check out School Rumble but I've already spent too much.[/quote]

Same here. I"m just going to wait to see if anything else cool pops up next week. Besides that, I'm considering getting Black Lagoon Second Barrage with the 30% off sale and also I need to hold off for their annual 12 days of Christmas sale.

If I had any shelf space left(*), I'd pick up the Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu?! and TSR discs, but I'd better hold out for a drop in the slimcase boxsets.

*: The Right Stuf is most responsible for my lack of shelf space.

[quote name='surak']If I had any shelf space left(*), I'd pick up the Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu?! and TSR discs, but I'd better hold out for a drop in the slimcase boxsets.

*: The Right Stuf is most responsible for my lack of shelf space.[/quote]

Same here. I really don't know where I'd display anything else.

School Rumble and Rumbling Hearts both look good and would put me over another $50... but I'd rather wait to see what happens with this 12 days of Christmas business, I think.

My-hime came back in stock and I wanted to get the rest of Glass Fleet so I placed another order although I wasn't planning to.

Glass Fleet DVD 2 (Hyb) (*) 1 $5.00
Glass Fleet DVD 3 (Hyb) (*) 1 $5.00
Glass Fleet DVD 4 (Hyb) (*) 1 $5.00
Glass Fleet DVD 5 (Hyb) (*) 1 $5.00
Glass Fleet DVD 6 (Hyb) (*) 1 $5.00
Le Chevalier D'Eon DVD 1 (Hyb) (*) 1 $5.00
Le Chevalier D'Eon DVD 2 (Hyb): Agent Provocateur + Artbox (*) 1 $7.00
Le Chevalier D'Eon DVD 3 (Hyb): Danse Macabre (*) 1 $5.00
Le Chevalier D'Eon DVD 4 (Hyb): Ancien Regime (*) 1 $5.00
Le Chevalier D'Eon DVD 5 (Hyb): Volte-face (*) 1 $5.00
Le Chevalier D'Eon DVD 6 (Hyb): Bete Noire (*) 1 $5.00
My-HiME DVD 1 (Hyb) + Artbox + Tshirt (*) 1 $6.00
My-HiME DVD 2 (Hyb) (*) 1 $3.00
My-HiME DVD 3 (Hyb) (*) 1 $3.00
My-HiME DVD 4 (Hyb) (*) 1 $3.00
My-HiME DVD 5 (Hyb) (*) 1 $3.00
My-HiME DVD 6 (Hyb) (*) 1 $3.00
My-HiME DVD 7 (Hyb) Special Edition + Artbox (*) 1 $6.00
Item Subtotal: $84.00

[quote name='Rocko']Tempted to check out School Rumble but I've already spent too much.[/quote]

The first 13 episodes of the first season are on Hulu. Sign up for the PlayOn beta, and you can stream them from your PC to your 360 or PS3. It's quite a bit better than I was expecting, and $5/disc for the whole first season is a steal, IMO.

Cancelled my order for the 2 School Rumble disks and re-placed it adding My-HiME and the 3 Fullmetal Alchemist disks I was missing, to put me over the $50 mark. Hope they get the cancel notice about that first order before it ships tho...

With the deadline extension I'm going to wait until the end of next week and see if there is anything else i want to pick up. I got way too much stuff to watch at the moment.

Canceled my original order of just Lain and then re-ordered Lain along with all of My-Hime (collector versions of 1 and 7). Can't beat it for $51 shipped :D

Edit: Argyle, I sent in some cancellation emails today and they were read today so hopefully they get to them in time.

I'm starting to get slightly bothered.

My order shipped on the 14th somehow went from Jacksonville to Atlanta and has now left Atlanta (I'm in southwest Florida).

My first order shipped on the 18th was last updated as leaving Des Moines on the 19th.

And my second order shipped on the 18th has no tracking number.

All the while my order shipped on the 20th arrived 5 days ago. :/

Ouch I missed the Boys Be DVDs!! I've been wanting them for the longest time... Do other titles get restocked too? I hope they put Boys Be back...

[quote name='Rocko']I'm starting to get slightly bothered.

My order shipped on the 14th somehow went from Jacksonville to Atlanta and has now left Atlanta (I'm in southwest Florida).

My first order shipped on the 18th was last updated as leaving Des Moines on the 19th.

And my second order shipped on the 18th has no tracking number.

All the while my order shipped on the 20th arrived 5 days ago. :/[/QUOTE]

I have idea where your unarrived orders are, but I can tell you the second order from the 18th is in the same box as the first one. TRSI often combines orders if they're set to up on the same day, via the same method- I just recently had 6 orders ship items at the same time, with only 1 working tracking number becuase they were all in the same box.

[quote name='bigl523']Canceled my original order of just Lain and then re-ordered Lain along with all of My-Hime (collector versions of 1 and 7). Can't beat it for $51 shipped :D

Edit: Argyle, I sent in some cancellation emails today and they were read today so hopefully they get to them in time.[/quote]

if i want orders cancelled immediately i never trust an e-mail to get to TRSI's CS in time...they're phone-support is some of the best i have ever experienced and it's quick and even if your order has been sent to the warehouse for shipping they can cancel it and change your order for you. just for future reference :whistle2:D

I can't find the Big lots $3 DVD thread, so I thought I would mention they are now getting funimation and VIZ DVDs. The girl that works there told me they had Inuyasha, but someone bought it. I picked up FullMetalPanic, Beck, Peach Girl, and Kodocha.

I just noticed they have the GetBackers thinpaks for sale. $20 each. I don't remember seeing that before.

They also put all of IGPX on sale, however they are missing volume 2.

[quote name='slowdive21']I can't find the Big lots $3 DVD thread, so I thought I would mention they are now getting funimation and VIZ DVDs. The girl that works there told me they had Inuyasha, but someone bought it. I picked up FullMetalPanic, Beck, Peach Girl, and Kodocha.[/quote]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142684&highlight=Lots+anime This is the $3 thread.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190779&highlight=Lots+anime $10 thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195522&highlight=Lots+anime $10 thread

Thanks...although I am jealous of what others are finding at their stores! I don't know why the threads don't show when I type anime in the search bar.

[quote name='animemaniac14']if i want orders cancelled immediately i never trust an e-mail to get to TRSI's CS in time...they're phone-support is some of the best i have ever experienced and it's quick and even if your order has been sent to the warehouse for shipping they can cancel it and change your order for you. just for future reference :whistle2:D[/quote]

I tried calling them on Black Friday at the time their website says they are open for business as well as an hour later, nobody picked up. Thus why I said "fuck it" and just fired off the email.

bread's done
Back