RightStuf - Bargain Bin Blowout up to 95% off MSRP thru. Dec, 7

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Exactly.

You couldn't even begin to imagine the swapping they must do on orders on a daily basis (I can because I deal with internet orders in my business, on a much smaller scale). The only time I ever called Rightstuf customer service was due to an issue with my credit card being replaced by my bank in the middle of a transaction. I'm not going to create issues for them because I changed my mind on an order.[/QUOTE]

I call bull on this.

We're giving them OUR money for THEIR product. It IS "their fault" if customer service fails to keep the customer happy. That's the point of customer service in the first place.

This isn't a case of "the customer is always right" (because that's wrong), but what is with the fear of "creating issues"? Things happen, people change their minds, it's the cost of doing business. That's why there's receipts and return policies, but it's much easier for the customer if customer service representatives can prevent and fix these issues in the first place. In Owen's case, it looks like they created the issue.

[quote name='B:L']I call bull on this.

We're giving them OUR money for THEIR product. It IS "their fault" if customer service fails to keep the customer happy. That's the point of customer service in the first place.

This isn't a case of "the customer is always right" (because that's wrong), but what is with the fear of "creating issues"? Things happen, people change their minds, it's the cost of doing business. That's why there's receipts and return policies, but it's much easier for the customer if customer service representatives can prevent and fix these issues in the first place. In Owen's case, it looks like they created the issue.[/quote]

For your issue, they probably thought they were doing you a favor by accelerating the normally lax shipping process to try and get you your order faster. Unfortunately, you wanted it to be slow so you could change it, which, defeated their best intentions. Rightstuf order statuses only change during nightly rollover, so what probably happened is that it went into processing status sometime during the weekend (maybe even Sunday night/early Monday morning), and that's an instance where fast speed was bad.

Regarding your CS issue, he could have been having a bad day, or may have just taken a particularly exhausting call right before yours. It doesn't excuse his actions, but if you've ever had to do any sort of CS on a job, you should know that it's nearly impossible to smile, nod, and remain happy the entire day (if you can, then congrats, as you're one of the rare few). If it was my order and I really wanted to change it, I would have called back, got routed to a different CS person, explained my situation, and they might have been more accomodating. One bad person might tarnish the company's reputation, but it doesn't mean that the entire company is bad.

In Owen's case, it looks like a miscommunication between CS and shipping. CS probably went to leave a note to keep them separate, but shipping either didn't see it or was already packing the shipment, which is why it unfolded as it did. Nearly all major online retailers combine shipments that have free shipping, as not all people who place multiple orders care if their packages are shipped in one order or not. If you've ever followed any major sales threads here, you can see many instances where people place chain orders, simply because they felt like buying something now which they didn't feel like buying a few minutes/hours/days ago. In rightstuf's case, you can leave them a note to keep shipments separate, and except in extenuating circumstances, they'll honor that request.

Not saying that they were in the right, and you were in the wrong. Just trying to say that they aren't intentionally trying to hurt the customer, even though it seems to appear that way.

[quote name='G33']For your issue, they probably thought they were doing you a favor by accelerating the normally lax shipping process to try and get you your order faster. Unfortunately, you wanted it to be slow so you could change it, which, defeated their best intentions. Rightstuf order statuses only change during nightly rollover, so what probably happened is that it went into processing status sometime during the weekend (maybe even Sunday night/early Monday morning), and that's an instance where fast speed was bad.

Regarding your CS issue, he could have been having a bad day, or may have just taken a particularly exhausting call right before yours. It doesn't excuse his actions, but if you've ever had to do any sort of CS on a job, you should know that it's nearly impossible to smile, nod, and remain happy the entire day (if you can, then congrats, as you're one of the rare few). If it was my order and I really wanted to change it, I would have called back, got routed to a different CS person, explained my situation, and they might have been more accomodating. One bad person might tarnish the company's reputation, but it doesn't mean that the entire company is bad.

In Owen's case, it looks like a miscommunication between CS and shipping. CS probably went to leave a note to keep them separate, but shipping either didn't see it or was already packing the shipment, which is why it unfolded as it did. Nearly all major online retailers combine shipments that have free shipping, as not all people who place multiple orders care if their packages are shipped in one order or not. If you've ever followed any major sales threads here, you can see many instances where people place chain orders, simply because they felt like buying something now which they didn't feel like buying a few minutes/hours/days ago. In rightstuf's case, you can leave them a note to keep shipments separate, and except in extenuating circumstances, they'll honor that request.

Not saying that they were in the right, and you were in the wrong. Just trying to say that they aren't intentionally trying to hurt the customer, even though it seems to appear that way.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt with holiday fatigue being the way it is. I'm just very disappointed in this case.

Suzuka for 30 bucks is a steal. I already have the first volume with the artbox but I'm definitely ordering this. For people with experience witht hese sales in the past, does stuff sell out frequently or is it safe to wait for another one of these deals in order to get free shipping?

[quote name='genfuyung']Suzuka for 30 bucks is a steal. I already have the first volume with the artbox but I'm definitely ordering this. For people with experience with these sales in the past, does stuff sell out frequently or is it safe to wait for another one of these deals in order to get free shipping?[/quote]

As long as there isn't a count-down-counter indicating stock quantity, it's safe to wait. Plus, I think it's safe because I don't believe a lot of people enjoyed this series. $29.99 for the complete series release (compared to MRSP $59.99) doesn't seem all that impressive for a rightstuf christmas sale. I'm passing on this boxset, but will buy the singles when they're more affordable.

[quote name='hiamiyumi']Orderd 2 of Genma Wars Vol.1 DVD and they only sent 1 copy. Need to email them to get $1 back.[/quote]

Sorry but that's some funny stuff. ... you know what you could have gotten for $1.00 back in the days? :lol:

I only buy singles if their 8 bucks or less so 4 discs for 30 works for me. I'm still hoping to see the second bleach season pop up.

Just a heads up, the T-Shirt that comes with the My-Hime Volume 1 Special Edition is a Large and not the usual XL. That's not to say I'm going to wear it in public (it will most likely become an undershirt).

[quote name='slowdive21']It all depends who handles your request. Shawne (the owner) can be a dick sometimes. Usually the CS people will let you change an order. There was one guy there that never wants to change orders (but I am not sure if he works there anymore). The girls have always be accommodating to me.[/quote]

Honestly, I contacted who I believe was Shawne on another forum, told him my order, asked if I could swap out a few titles for other ones during one of the sales (25/100 sale a yearish ago I believe?) and he said it was done, and my package arrived a few days later properly swapped.

Rightstuf is still pretty much my #1 place for ordering anime, price/CS is both good in my book.

[quote name='bigl523']Just a heads up, the T-Shirt that comes with the My-Hime Volume 1 Special Edition is a Large and not the usual XL. That's not to say I'm going to wear it in public (it will most likely become an undershirt).[/QUOTE]

You could run around the block a few times a week until it fit. :p

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']You could run around the block a few times a week until it fit. :p[/QUOTE]

Wastes too much time that could be devoted to watching the anime. Your tv won't care if the shirt is a little tight.

I love Rightstuf, but most of their cs agents act like real bitches. Anytime I have a problem nowadays I just e-mail Shawne and he takes care of it 110%.

Looks like samurai 7 will be part of it tomorrow. The air gear box set is on sale for 40 bucks. It can be watched on netflix on the 360 as well.

The only reason I bought My-Hime was because of all the talk from everyone on here. I hadn't heard anything about it but I blindly bought it.
I just watched the last 6 episodes of School Rumble and the first 16 episodes of My-Hime. I really love it. Will probably finish the series tomorrow. (I guess I mean today as it's 3:12am)
Then restart Mushi-shi now that I have the last two Volumes on their way here now.

I just moved and am not working. So yes I sit around watching anime and playing video games. :)

[quote name='Grico']Wastes too much time that could be devoted to watching the anime. Your tv won't care if the shirt is a little tight.[/quote]

LOL, I already do run a couple of days a week :p The large is even too big, i could only imagine how gigantic it would be if it was an xl.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']
I just moved and am not working. So yes I sit around watching anime and playing video games. :)[/QUOTE]

It doesn't get much better than that XD

Does anyone know if Rightstuf ever restocks on items that are "No Longer Available For Purchase" and have disappeared from the search directory? Or is that item gone for good?

[quote name='shivaedge']Does anyone know if Rightstuf ever restocks on items that are "No Longer Available For Purchase" and have disappeared from the search directory? Or is that item gone for good?[/QUOTE]

They reappear here and there, but it's rare to see that happen.

[quote name='guinaevere']Oh snap. I missed this sale. And it looks like there was some Case Closed in there, too. =([/quote]

If you check the bargain bin they still have some Case Closed cheap.

Just a heads up, but it looks like Case Closed Season 2 is in today's daily deals for about $30, as well.

Also, it looks like the sale prices are still good. There just isn't one central list on rightstuf anymore.

[quote name='PoisenXcstasy']this sale on rightstuf is still going on, how long is it going on to?[/QUOTE]

I'd guess if it's not down yet, these are now permanent price changes- it's been over 2 months, after all.

bread's done
Back