RightStuf.com Holiday Sales (Black Friday leading up to 12+ Days of Anime)

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Savings - Main Sales Page

12days-extended.jpg

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on Blu-ray discs, DVDs, box sets, books, bundles and more!

Each day, we'll update Rightstuf.com with the latest additions to our list of holiday deals, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59 p.m. CT on December 12, 2011. (Just add the items to your cart and check out to save! Please note: Quantities for some items -- specifically, those that include counters on their item pages -- may be limited.)

Make your list, check it twice (or more!), and have a safe and happy holiday season!*
*Be sure to drop into the workshop for more holiday fun!
DAY 01:
DAY 02:
DAY 03:
DAY 04:
DAY 05:
DAY 06:
DAY 07:
DAY 08:
DAY 09:
DAY 10:
DAY 11:
DAY 12:
DAY 13:

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Bargains on Blu-ray, DVDs & More! @ RightStuf.com

blackFriday-news.jpg

Kick off the holiday season with special deals on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more for a limited time – from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on Cyber Monday (November 28, 2011)!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!
(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But hurry! Some quantities are limited, AND the sale ends on November 28, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. CST!
EDIT: Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale is still ongoing!

FUNimation Bargain Bundles Promotion @ RightStuf.com

While supplies last, customers ordering this bundle will also receive a black Funimation tote bag.
  • FUNimation Action Pack-ed Bundle 1 (Hyb) - Your Price: $49.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Devil May Cry (S.A.V.E.), Black Blood Brothers (S.A.V.E.), Blassreiter (S.A.V.E.), Nabari no Ou (S.A.V.E.)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 14!
  • FUNimation Action Pack-ed Bundle 2 (Hyb) - Your Price: $53.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Coyote Ragtime Show (S.A.V.E.), Kaze no Stigma (S.A.V.E.), Air Gear (S.A.V.E.), Vexille (SE)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 14!
  • FUNimation Butt Kickers Bargain Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $62.99 (You Save 58%)
    • Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho: The Movie & Eizou Hakusho
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation LiveAction Sampler Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $13.49 (You Save 55%)
    • Mushi-shi, Ghost Train (S.A.V.E.), Synesthesia (S.A.V.E.)
  • FUNimation Magical Fanservice Girlfriends Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $78.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Rosario + Vampire (LE), Rosario + Vampire Capu2, Sekirei (Season 1)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation Spirit Gun Blu-Ray Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $64.99 (You Save 64%)
    • Yu Yu Hakusho (all four Classics Blu-ray sets)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Tuesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation Still "No L" Bargain Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $40.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (S.A.V.E.), Utawarerumono (S.A.V.E.), Gun x Sword (S.A.V.E.)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Tuesday, December 21!

Some highlights of the current Weekly Specials (not mentioned above)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell to the yes. Amagami. On that!

It seems like Rightstuf is stopping their practice of shipping free shipping orders with preorders piecemeal, which I'm fine with usually. I felt bad seeing how much they had to have been losing on me. Only reason I mention that is the good price on Bride's Story.

FLCL for $12.99.

Any thoughts on Shigofumi? Looked interesting when it came out, but I haven't kept up with anime much the past few years.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Hell to the yes. Amagami. On that![/QUOTE]

Not sure if serious =P Reminds me of I''s though.

As serious as a heart attack, broski. I never joke about Amagami.

I'm at least glad Rightstuf has proper text listings of their stuff on sale, or at least offers an easy, information packed list. Amazon's anime sales are utterly stupid as hell to navigate through and because they use the dynamic page generation, you're often hosed if you click off the page and have to come back.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']anyone think one piece collection 3 will go on sale?[/QUOTE]

Guessing no, it hasn't been out long enough yet.

Confession time here, I own part one of Amagami SS. I normally have zero interest in romance anime, this one was just.....I don't even know why I liked it.
The freaky fetish scenes probably didn't hurt.

So yeah, I'll be getting part 2 of Amagami and the FLCL blu today, but I'm banking on them not going OOS before I can get my cart up to $50 again.

Too many great deals, but I've got to hold out a few more days to see if they put out something I REALLY want. Also, everyone buy Shigofumi, a desperately underrated anime that probably wasn't looked at much because JCStaff sucks at adapting almost everything.

[quote name='UmbreonMessiah']Too many great deals, but I've got to hold out a few more days to see if they put out something I REALLY want. Also, everyone buy Shigofumi, a desperately underrated anime that probably wasn't looked at much because JCStaff sucks at adapting almost everything.[/QUOTE]I may have to consider it.

Day 6:

Is Spice and Wolf worth picking up. I already have a sizable back log, and I can't decide if it actually looks like some I'm interested in. I just keep hearing so much positive that I keep considering it haha

I finished the first season and I really liked it. It's a bit loopy and all over the place but essentially it's the sort of romance that's less about romance and more about two clever people working together and often trolling the crap out of each other. (She more than he, but not annoyingly so. He seems to like the games anyway.)

[quote name='Zaku77']Is Spice and Wolf worth picking up. I already have a sizable back log, and I can't decide if it actually looks like some I'm interested in. I just keep hearing so much positive that I keep considering it haha[/QUOTE]

It's probably one of (if not THE) greatest anime of the last few years. Show starts out a bit slow but once you get used to the main characters and how they interact with each other, you'll never stop watching. Rightstuf doesn't have them on sale (yet?) but Amazon has the best deal on season 1 and 2 until the end of the day.

[quote name='Zaku77']I thought amazon's sales lasted until like the 23rd?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I read that their Cyber Monday Week went on until the end of the 3rd. I picked up both Spice and Wolf seasons today just in case they did happen to end tomorrow.

[quote name='Zaku77']Is Spice and Wolf worth picking up. I already have a sizable back log, and I can't decide if it actually looks like some I'm interested in. I just keep hearing so much positive that I keep considering it haha[/QUOTE]
I just ordered it myself since it was cheap. Season 2 is cheap too, but I'm not fully sure if I'll love it.

I see they put Dead Leaves up again which means I would need to decide on another show(s) to purchase in order to meet that $50+ free shipping requirement.

Does anyone here recommend Oh! Edo Rocket?

First post is cleaned up. As expected the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals are still active. I added the active FUNimation special bargain bundles and select notables on the currently Weekly Specials (that are not part of the other deals).

Any recommendations for a guy who liked ergo proxy, neon genesis evangelion, cowboy bebop , and elfen lied? I like some of the deeper shows, was looking at claymore and gunslinger girl, were those any good?

Claymore is fantastic. The anime doesn't cover nearly all of the story though, so if you get hooked you'll be moving over to the manga.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']Any recommendations for a guy who liked ergo proxy, neon genesis evangelion, cowboy bebop , and elfen lied? I like some of the deeper shows, was looking at claymore and gunslinger girl, were those any good?[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed Claymore as a whole, despite the not-so-great ending. Some people really dislike how whiny one of the main characters is, but it didn't bother me too much. It's a worthwhile purchase in my eyes.

Can't say much about gunslinger girl as I have yet to start watching it but, from what I have heard, the first season is good.

[quote name='RavenousBear']Can't say much about gunslinger girl as I have yet to start watching it but, from what I have heard, the first season is good.[/QUOTE]

First season's great. My personal favorite. The problem was that the first season (and the first volumes of the manga) were really character based. Then the manga had a great story arc (Pino), but the second season turned that story arc to less than spectacular.

I tried to read the Vol 7-8 omnibus that I preordered months ago, but I last read volume 6 like in 2005, or whenever it last came out.

As for Claymore, my GF likes the manga, and she's read to about 12. Just ordered up to 19 our whatever was on sale from Rightstuf, so she'll be caught up soon. We have the anime, but we haven't watched it.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']Any recommendations for a guy who liked ergo proxy, neon genesis evangelion, cowboy bebop , and elfen lied? I like some of the deeper shows, was looking at claymore and gunslinger girl, were those any good?[/QUOTE]

Claymore's not particularly deep but I enjoyed the action, and I really can't speak for Gunslinger Girl. For an extra recommendation, from everything available I'd say that Casshern Sins is the cream of the crop in terms of having actual substance.

[quote name='fwbweux']Claymore's not particularly deep but I enjoyed the action, and I really can't speak for Gunslinger Girl. For an extra recommendation, from everything available I'd say that Casshern Sins is the cream of the crop in terms of having actual substance.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I got casshern sins and claymore mixed up, probably because of the box art.

FYI Personally i'd suggest Witchblade. Its definitely heavy of fan service and not meant for kids, but the story is actually much more in depth then you would expect from the previews and the show is dark but touching.

It probably has one of the most heartbreaking mother/daughter scenes I have seen in a long time.

Day 7:

[quote name='elessar123']Not sure if serious =P Reminds me of I''s though.[/QUOTE]
I've read all of I"s and watched most of Amagami. They're way too different.

Honestly, I watched Amagami just for Kaoru.
471706-bigthumbnail.jpg

Dat Sex Hair.

[quote name='jello44']Anyone have any experience with the FMPs on Blu?[/QUOTE]
Not sure if it counts, but I did see FUMOFFU in HD on Netflix. Quality wasn't bad at all.

[quote name='Tsukento']Honestly, I watched Amagami just for Kaoru.
471706-bigthumbnail.jpg

Dat Sex Hair.
[/QUOTE]

Heh, I'm tempted to watch it now cause of Sae...

+1 about Witchblade, Spice & Wolf, and Claymore. Enjoyable shows. Claymore's ending is meh, particularly if you follow the manga (it's the typical, "the show isn't faithful to the manga ergo it sucks").

Now the one thing I almost missed in Day 6's sale was Rideback. I watched this show and got pulled in for some odd reason. I can't say that this anime is really good, but it draws you in. Anyone else that watched it that can explain why it's good (or not good)? Debating buying it or not.

Nothing that piques my interests today, I was really hoping for another manga price drop (something that isn't Omamori Himari anyway).

Also, Ai is the best Amagami girl. This is a fact.

[quote name='jling84']I hope the Kenshin Blu-Rays go on sale.[/QUOTE]I have a feeling it won't (due to being the Japanese release coming here and limited quantities), but you never know.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I keep buying Omamori Himari and I don't know why.[/QUOTE]

Oh God, really? Why would you torture yourself like that? You should probably stop, but I guess you might be too deep to back out now.

[quote name='UmbreonMessiah']Also, Ai is the best Amagami girl. This is a fact.[/QUOTE]

Nah, the person that said Kaoru got it right.

I kind of wish Needless was $10 cheaper for the set even though that's a good deal already relative to what it normally costs. It was a trashy s-CRY-ed wannabe with an imitation Gurren-Lagann look but damn it if I couldn't help being amused by it the whole way through. Still nothing for me today.

I'm not sure if many people on this thread know anything about "KimiKiss: Pure Rouge," but I actually enjoyed watching it on The Anime Network's online streaming---if you're into light teenage romance anime stories, I'd say it's certainly worth a watch.

[quote name='RollingSkull']How is Galaxy Angel?[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed the series when it first came to the states....lost track of it after the a thru z alphabet continuations. It has a cute story though.

[quote name='killa5k7']I enjoyed the series when it first came to the states....lost track of it after the a thru z alphabet continuations. It has a cute story though.[/QUOTE]

You should have edited Omamori Himari out of that quote; people might misunderstand you and start thinking it's actually good.

Galaxy Angel is pretty good. Don't expect a story though. It's just silly. I've seen only Galaxy Angel, Z, A, and maybe AA. The OSTs are entertaining as well, if you're into that sort of music.

[quote name='fwbweux']Nah, the person that said Kaoru got it right.

I kind of wish Needless was $10 cheaper for the set even though that's a good deal already relative to what it normally costs. It was a trashy s-CRY-ed wannabe with an imitation Gurren-Lagann look but damn it if I couldn't help being amused by it the whole way through. Still nothing for me today.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly on Needless, its a pretty fun show but they the blus were way to expensive when they came out, this price is ok but I think Ill hold out alittle longer.

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask but since everyone seems to have experience dealing with Rightstuf I figured I'd ask. I received the High School of the Dead Hardcover omnibus. On the interior right side cover there is a weird bubble on the upper right area. This left an impression on the first 20 pages or so. So as I'm reading I can't help but see that indentation on each page and feel it as well. Would you consider this enough of a defect to ask for an exchange?

Omamori Himari is kinda cute for stupid harem fan service with adorable girls. But yeah. Dumb as hell

Is You're Under Arrest good? I know it won't be Gunsmith Cats with a badge but is it good?

bread's done
Back