RightStuf.com Holiday Sales (Black Friday leading up to 12+ Days of Anime)

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Savings - Main Sales Page

12days-extended.jpg

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on Blu-ray discs, DVDs, box sets, books, bundles and more!

Each day, we'll update Rightstuf.com with the latest additions to our list of holiday deals, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59 p.m. CT on December 12, 2011. (Just add the items to your cart and check out to save! Please note: Quantities for some items -- specifically, those that include counters on their item pages -- may be limited.)

Make your list, check it twice (or more!), and have a safe and happy holiday season!*
*Be sure to drop into the workshop for more holiday fun!
DAY 01:
DAY 02:
DAY 03:
DAY 04:
DAY 05:
DAY 06:
DAY 07:
DAY 08:
DAY 09:
DAY 10:
DAY 11:
DAY 12:
DAY 13:

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Bargains on Blu-ray, DVDs & More! @ RightStuf.com

blackFriday-news.jpg

Kick off the holiday season with special deals on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more for a limited time – from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on Cyber Monday (November 28, 2011)!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!
(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But hurry! Some quantities are limited, AND the sale ends on November 28, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. CST!
EDIT: Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale is still ongoing!

FUNimation Bargain Bundles Promotion @ RightStuf.com

While supplies last, customers ordering this bundle will also receive a black Funimation tote bag.
  • FUNimation Action Pack-ed Bundle 1 (Hyb) - Your Price: $49.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Devil May Cry (S.A.V.E.), Black Blood Brothers (S.A.V.E.), Blassreiter (S.A.V.E.), Nabari no Ou (S.A.V.E.)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 14!
  • FUNimation Action Pack-ed Bundle 2 (Hyb) - Your Price: $53.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Coyote Ragtime Show (S.A.V.E.), Kaze no Stigma (S.A.V.E.), Air Gear (S.A.V.E.), Vexille (SE)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 14!
  • FUNimation Butt Kickers Bargain Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $62.99 (You Save 58%)
    • Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho: The Movie & Eizou Hakusho
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation LiveAction Sampler Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $13.49 (You Save 55%)
    • Mushi-shi, Ghost Train (S.A.V.E.), Synesthesia (S.A.V.E.)
  • FUNimation Magical Fanservice Girlfriends Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $78.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Rosario + Vampire (LE), Rosario + Vampire Capu2, Sekirei (Season 1)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation Spirit Gun Blu-Ray Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $64.99 (You Save 64%)
    • Yu Yu Hakusho (all four Classics Blu-ray sets)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Tuesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation Still "No L" Bargain Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $40.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (S.A.V.E.), Utawarerumono (S.A.V.E.), Gun x Sword (S.A.V.E.)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Tuesday, December 21!

Some highlights of the current Weekly Specials (not mentioned above)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='balbanesbeoulve']Blurays can take a while to load with a cheap crappy Bluray player. Shouldn't be problem with a ps3 or any other quality player.[/QUOTE]

My sony takes a while to load.

I also recommend Baccano, this really isnt much of a sale on it but I got this a few month ago and its great!

[quote name='Rogueleader17']I also recommend Baccano, this really isnt much of a sale on it but I got this a few month ago and its great![/QUOTE]

It's $1.00 cheaper than what it was for preorder.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Megazone 23 looks interesting, but my only exposure to it is in a Super Robot Wars game. I only see one or two things I really want to get, but I hope tomorrow's deals won't make me jump up and down like a fucking idiot.[/QUOTE]

It's old school 80's anime with Transformable motorcycles done by some of the people who worked on Macross. I haven't watched it in awhile but I thought it was pretty good.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']I also recommend Baccano, this really isnt much of a sale on it but I got this a few month ago and its great![/QUOTE]

As much as I'd like to have it, that's more than I want to pay for it.

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']How is Those Who Hunt Elves? Never heard of it before, any good?[/QUOTE]

It is stupid fun. An oddball collection of people from our world get stuck in a fantasy land, run around the countryside in a tank looking for elves and ripping their clothes off in search of the spell to get them home. Nothing particularly deep here, but it is fun for what it is.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Pretty much everything. The story itself was boring, the characters were unbearably obnoxious, it played out like a bad harem PC game (which I understand it started as) with each new female cast member finding a new retarded reason to fall for the bland male lead, and the ending was a glorious train wreck of awful ideas.[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's right; now I remember.

Hmm, maybe I lied, since this is from a chat log from about two years ago when I finished watching Tears to Tiara, haha:

Pretty damn good. It's been a while since I've seen Utawarerumono, but I think Tears to Tiara does a lot better in telling its story. It fleshes out each part of the story sufficiently. Actually, I think the story is a lot better than Utawarerumono's. Tears to Tiara is an amalgamation of history and different myths, legends, and cultures. Even though you know some of Tears to Tiara's roots and inspirations, the way it's weaved together to create its own story is the best part. I'm probably not even noticing all of the references.
Also, even though Tears to Tiara is also based on a visual novel (by the same company that developed Utawarerumono), I don't remember it feeling like a harem. Without giving anything away, it's more like the main character is building up his party and resources in an RPG.

[quote name='nightmare452']Is there a huge difference between the High School of the Dead Bluray version against the DVD version? I have never seen a huge difference IMO in terms of details (video) in anime or animated shows on Bluray vs DVD (and don't care for audio to much to base it on that alone).

I want to get HSotD, but wanted someones opinion if there is a remarkable difference on Bluray that justifies the extra $4. $4 is not much, but what I hate most if how SLOW Bluray discs are to load versus regular DVDs.[/QUOTE]

If you can't notice a discernible difference between a DVD or Blu-ray, I have to wonder if you're watching the right things or if your setup is good enough to show the differences. A proper HD show on Blu-ray is going to look a lot better than the DVD counterpart. There won't be any compression artifacts; the video will be sharper and clearer; and there will be more detail, since Blu-ray displays at a resolution of 1920 x 1080, instead of the DVD resolution of 720 x 480.

I'm pretty sure High School of the Dead is an HD show, so it should look pretty darn good on Blu-ray.

[quote name='TheLongshot']
It is stupid fun. An oddball collection of people from our world get stuck in a fantasy land, run around the countryside in a tank looking for elves and ripping their clothes off in search of the spell to get them home. Nothing particularly deep here, but it is fun for what it is.[/QUOTE]

Well then, I guess I'm gonna have to get this now, thanks!

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']They usually add more stuff since it's the 12+ days of Christmas, right? Don't want to start buying stuff just to have them add one or two things I might want later.[/QUOTE]

I 2nd this question. Should we wait even longer after the 12th day for more deals? OP says "and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59 p.m. CT on December 12, 2011"

[quote name='Twilight Sparkle']I agree on all accounts.

That Chance Pop Session alternate cover is the most deceiving cover I know of, along with this Princess Tutu one. And I love both of those shows.

And I only gave High School of the Dead a shot because it has zombies, but it was just so blatantly crass.[/QUOTE]

When they cry vol 1 art is MUCH MUCH worse

someone is going to buy it expecting this
5157XUCaMaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and will instead get this

Awesome-Higurashi-Pics-higurashi-no-naku-koro-ni-15288596-900-1080.jpg

[quote name='Kazaganthi']I 2nd this question. Should we wait even longer after the 12th day for more deals? OP says "and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59 p.m. CT on December 12, 2011"[/QUOTE]

From what I recall, they usually do a "Plus" sale after the 12th day, but well before the sale ends. So it'd be either the 13th or 14th day, likely the 13th since that'll be a Saturday.

If they get Clannad After Story DVD Collection 2 (S) back in stock I'll probably order the whole set, but so far have gotten nothing.

[quote name='Drahken']If they get Clannad After Story DVD Collection 2 (S) back in stock I'll probably order the whole set, but so far have gotten nothing.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, After Story Collection 2 has been de-listed from Right Stuf; that means they're not going to be getting any more in stock.

[quote name='Brian9824']When they cry vol 1 art is MUCH MUCH worse

someone is going to buy it expecting this
5157XUCaMaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and will instead get this

Awesome-Higurashi-Pics-higurashi-no-naku-koro-ni-15288596-900-1080.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Awww---those psycho-bitches from When They Cry are just precious :grouphug:

I remember the plus sale too, but will we know before the end of tomorrow, or do we have to take a chance waiting and possibly missing the sale?

[quote name='Zaku77']I remember the plus sale too, but will we know before the end of tomorrow, or do we have to take a chance waiting and possibly missing the sale?[/QUOTE]

The sale doesn't end tomorrow, silly. The sale ends on December 12th at 11:59 PM CT; it says it right on the sale page.

Now, on whether or not the sale will be extended, I don't know. It was extended last year though until the 23rd, so maybe?

[quote name='Razzuel']The sale doesn't end tomorrow, silly. The sale ends on December 12th at 11:59 PM CT; it says it right on the sale page.

Now, on whether or not the sale will be extended, I don't know. It was extended last year though until the 23rd, so maybe?[/QUOTE]

It's been extended every year since I can remember, so it's almost guaranteed at this point.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']One of the deals today is Initial D Stage 4 for $18, great if you get charged tax on Amazon. Though I am most likely wrong, since MSRP is $23. The wait is soo long.[/QUOTE]
That's part of the Weekly Specials (until the 14th). The MSRP is $29.98 (as noted by TRSI under Retail Price).

[quote name='Rogueleader17']yay day 12 up and Cromartie High School at a heluva deal![/QUOTE]

Definitely in for that. I've been kinda interested for a while.

Nothing for me in Day 12. Time to complete all my purchases. There was that Coffee Samurai/Hoshi-something that was cheap, added that.

Day 12:

[quote name='detectiveconan16']It's odd that everywhere else the MSRP is lower.[/QUOTE]
MSRP or SRP in this case is set by FUNimation. Having multiple MSRPs for one product is not possible. The various B&M and online retailers can sell the particular product at the discounted price (whatever that may be). People normally don't pay the full MSRP for anime releases.

Yes, but I prefer the comic. At that price it's still a must buy.

Now it's a dilemma if I'm going to go over budget with this last day of the sale. The Dragon Ball set is so irresistible.

That is a killer price on the Dragon Ball seasons. I paid way more than that for them, so I'd say that is a no-brainer.

My inner anime noob teenager secretly kind of wants the Helling pocketwatch, but yeah, not paying that. I think I'll go ahead and order the rest of the stuff that I wanted today, and if there are bonus days of deals, hopefully there's enough to get me to the $50 mark again.

Everybody buy Birdy the Mighty, season 2 especially is one of the biggest surprises I've ever had in terms of what I expected compared to how great it ended up being.

I picked up

Cromartie (And they'll actually send it unlike DD) and Baccano! on DVD
Champloo and Trigun Badlands Rumble on Blu

All just pushed me over the limit for free shipping.

Although Champloo is OOS, they should be getting more according to their website.

[quote name='fwbweux']Everybody buy Birdy the Mighty, season 2 especially is one of the biggest surprises I've ever had in terms of what I expected compared to how great it ended up being.[/QUOTE]

Birdy the Mighty (2008) was a pretty good show, and I wish the show went one season more to tie up all the loose ends....On a side note, did anyone notice that Season One's cliffhanger was never touched upon ever again during Season Two? :???:

Picked up Cromartie! DD canceled my order and I've yet to get any information on the other stuff I ordered. Is DeepDiscount usually this bad?

[quote name='Ironlocke']Picked up Cromartie! DD canceled my order and I've yet to get any information on the other stuff I ordered. Is DeepDiscount usually this bad?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

What I have in my cart right now:

Cromartie High School DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)
Eden of the East Movie 2: Paradise Lost DVD/Blu-ray (Hyb)
FLCL Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) - Anime Classics
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Blu-ray Part 2
Now and Then, Here and There DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)
Princess Tutu DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)
Trigun: Badlands Rumble Blu-ray (Hyb)

Debating on Birdy. I've kinda been watching it on Funimation, but as most things on there it has been haphazard. Since it isn't on streaming on Netflix, it might be worth picking up.

[quote name='elessar123']Yes.[/QUOTE]

Damn. I'm not going to get my stuff until next year by the rate they're going.

[quote name='Ironlocke']Damn. I'm not going to get my stuff until next year by the rate they're going.[/QUOTE]

Well, 5 years ago, they weren't bad. Starting about 3 years ago, they have just sucked.

[quote name='elessar123']Well, 5 years ago, they weren't bad. Starting about 3 years ago, they have just sucked.[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted to cancel my order from there and ordering what I'm missing from RightStuf. I hate how slow DD is going about Black Friday orders. Never ordered from them before and probably won't ever again.

[quote name='Ironlocke']I'm tempted to cancel my order from there and ordering what I'm missing from RightStuf. I hate how slow DD is going about Black Friday orders. Never ordered from them before and probably won't ever again.[/QUOTE]

I already knew what I was getting into when I ordered from DD's Black Friday sale, so I was prepared for a long wait----Princess Tutu at $6 is definitely worth waiting for, and I'm not in a hurry to get the DVD collection since I've already seen the show online (TWICE!). A DD representative emailed me yesterday that a shipment of Princess Tutu came in, and they personally picked up a copy from that shipment for my order. Along with my copy of "Petite Princess Yucie" that was shipped a few days earlier, it looks like this completes my order :cool:

[quote name='JoePianist']I already knew what I was getting into when I ordered from DD's Black Friday sale, so I was prepared for a long wait----Princess Tutu at $6 is definitely worth waiting for, and I'm not in a hurry to get the DVD collection since I've already seen the show online (TWICE!). A DD representative emailed me yesterday that a shipment of Princess Tutu came in, and they personally picked up a copy from that shipment for my order. Along with my copy of "Petite Princess Yucie" that was shipped a few days earlier, it looks like this completes my order :cool:[/QUOTE]

You are lucky! ;)

Where have you seen the show? I want to see it since I heard great things. Was hoping to see it during my xmas break, hence the order. I might have to email them and see what's up. I also ordered Ghost Stories, I think at the same price as Princess Tutu.

[quote name='Ironlocke']Where have you seen the show? I want to see it since I heard great things. Was hoping to see it during my xmas break, hence the order. I might have to email them and see what's up. I also ordered Ghost Stories, I think at the same price as Princess Tutu.[/QUOTE]

It's available on Netflix. Absolutely fantastic series - one of my favorites.

[quote name='Ironlocke']You are lucky! ;)

Where have you seen the show? I want to see it since I heard great things. Was hoping to see it during my xmas break, hence the order. I might have to email them and see what's up. I also ordered Ghost Stories, I think at the same price as Princess Tutu.[/QUOTE]

You can also watch it legally for free on Hulu.com (Here's the direct link to the Princess Tutu page) Honestly, I never heard anything about this show before watching it on a whim while browsing through Hulu's anime show list, haha. I never would have guessed that a show called "Princess Tutu" would turn into one of my absolute favorite anime shows of all time. This show would actually be a great "Winter Break" watch---give it a try :D

[quote name='JoePianist']You can also watch it legally for free on Hulu.com (Here's the direct link to the Princess Tutu page) Honestly, I never heard anything about this show before watching it on a whim while browsing through Hulu's anime show list, haha. I never would have guessed that a show called "Princess Tutu" would turn into one of my absolute favorite anime shows of all time. This show would actually be a great "Winter Break" watch---give it a try :D[/QUOTE]

I probably wouldn't have, if it weren't for the fact that there are a lot of AMVs made using Princess Tutu. That got me curious, and I rented the discs from Netflix. Now I'm going to buy it.

[quote name='TheLongshot']I probably wouldn't have, if it weren't for the fact that there are a lot of AMVs made using Princess Tutu. That got me curious, and I rented the discs from Netflix. Now I'm going to buy it.[/QUOTE]

RightStuf has it on sale for $14 as part of the 12 Days of Savings---are you planning to get a copy from there?

[quote name='JoePianist']You can also watch it legally for free on Hulu.com (Here's the direct link to the Princess Tutu page) Honestly, I never heard anything about this show before watching it on a whim while browsing through Hulu's anime show list, haha. I never would have guessed that a show called "Princess Tutu" would turn into one of my absolute favorite anime shows of all time. This show would actually be a great "Winter Break" watch---give it a try :D[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh, thanks! ;) I don't have netflix, so I'm definitely going to hit up Hulu for it. :cool:

Some good deals this year. I dropped about $250.00. Would have done more, but I honestly don't know where I am gong to put this stuff. I have no more space with my current setup.

I know a lot of stuff is streaming nowadays, but nothing beats a nice new set of DVDs or Blu-Rays.

bread's done
Back