Rightstuf's Sale for VIZ Items! BIG SALE UP TO 46% off!

tbolt30

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Right from the main page of rightstuf :)

Blast into the New Year with big-time bargains on anime and manga titles from VIZ! Whether you favor shinigami (Bleach) or ninja (Naruto), Boys Over Flowers, pop princesses (Full Moon) or feudal fairytales (Inu Yasha), there's something for every taste – and that's before we get to the manga... or the art books and novels

From now until January 14, take 40% OFF all DVDs and 33% OFF all books from VIZ. (This includes pre-orders!)

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:

* Coupon Code: bleachbargains
* Expires: January 14, 2007

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 40% OFF on books and up to 46% OFF on DVDs. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

Not sure which products are included in the sale? Just click on the "VIZ Bargain Items" graphic on the upper right hand corner of our main page: It will take you to a thorough rundown of what's fair game!

I became a Got Anime member in 2004, and it was almost two years before I placed another order with them. So that was a total waste. If you really are gonna use it though, then its absolutely worth it.

[quote name='animemaniac14']too much inuyasha, pokemon, and zoids for me...[/QUOTE]

No kidding too much everything lol

[quote name='prmononoke']I became a Got Anime member in 2004, and it was almost two years before I placed another order with them. So that was a total waste. If you really are gonna use it though, then its absolutely worth it.[/QUOTE]

Fer sure- I've found it to be one of the best saving memberships I've ever got. I spent enough on the Funimation sale I placed the order with for the discount to pay for the card, right off the bat. It's saved me quite a fair amount. :bouncy:

Just be careful when you order- the membership card sends out with your order, so if you're buying all pre-orders, it'l be awhile before you actually get your member number to get discounts. the 'newmember' thing only works on the order you buy the membership with. (I found that out contacting CS to get the discount for an order I placed for my BF prior to my card coming.)

Also, if you ever buy something without one of these studio sales, that isn't a no-coupon bargain item, stop by gotanime.com and log in real quick- there's usually some piddly coupon code you can grab (ya know, $5 off a $50 dollar pruchase and such.) It's handy for pre-orders.

I bought gotanime almost a year ago in anticipation of a Viz sale which I ended up not having enough money to partake in. 2 Viz sales later and with 1 month left on my subscription, I just may finally be able to actually buy Viz manga with it.

A lot of good manga deals. I've stopped collecting manga a while ago (nowhere left to put it, lol).

$12~ each for Bleach DVDs isnt too bad either, i just know that theyre going to release season boxsets for Bleach (as they do with all their long ass series's)

[quote name='Bezerker']A lot of good manga deals. I've stopped collecting manga a while ago (nowhere left to put it, lol).

$12~ each for Bleach DVDs isnt too bad either, i just know that theyre going to release season boxsets for Bleach (as they do with all their long ass series's)[/QUOTE]

Actually Bleach probably won't get boxsets like Naruto because Naruto is edited on regular DVDs and Bleach is uncut on the DVDs and also Adult Swim :)

Editing has nothing to do with if they make a boxset or not. They will most likely make boxsets in the future once they have released all the individual volumes.

Especially with Viz, if its a long series, its gonna have boxsets. Inuyasha being one of the main contenders (55 volumes). Though they've been kinda slow when it comes to releasing Inuyasha season sets (but then again, who really cares about Inuyasha ;-) )

I wouldnt be suprised if Viz re-does the Naruto boxsets once the series is complete in the US (which probably wont be for another 10 years.) I bought Bleach Vol 1 just because it was only $3 at Buy.com when it first came out.

Only manga I read religiously is Death Note, and unfortunately it doesn't really pay to order just one book from them for this deal. Maybe I should use this to get into Bleach.

[quote name='alongx']Only manga I read religiously is Death Note, and unfortunately it doesn't really pay to order just one book from them for this deal. Maybe I should use this to get into Bleach.[/quote]

Naoki Urasawa's Monster is also a fantastic series that seems to be generally overlooked. If I had money left I'd bite on this deal just for more volumes of that series. Short Cuts is also pretty good, very funny, sick and twisted stuff.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Naoki Urasawa's Monster is also a fantastic series that seems to be generally overlooked. If I had money left I'd bite on this deal just for more volumes of that series. Short Cuts is also pretty good, very funny, sick and twisted stuff.[/QUOTE]
I did my fair share of talking up the anime version around these parts shortly after it ended its run. Monster is one of the best properties to come out of Japan. Ever.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I did my fair share of talking up the anime version around these parts shortly after it ended its run. Monster is one of the best properties to come out of Japan. Ever.[/quote]
QFT. The manga, and the extremely faithful anime adaption are both great. The anime is my favorite between the two medias because it gives it the extra depth and dimensions of having audio and video. The manga is 18 volumes and the anime is 74 episodes. The manga is in process of being released (i think it'll be done in mid 2008).

The anime has yet to be licensed. My guess is that its risky for a company to license a show thats more than 52 episodes long that isnt about robots, saijiyns, fighting demons, ninjitsu, boxing, etc. But with the right marketing the show would be a huge success (hell, theyre already making a US movie adaptation of it).

Sorry about that semi off-topic rant, but if you are buying some manga from this deal (even though you should buy from Alphacraze and save some more $), definately check out Monster.

[quote name='geepgal']the gotanime website is down...can anyone give me a quick rundown of how the membership works?[/QUOTE]

All rightstuf's sites were down yesterday morning for maitenence, so it should be back now.

Anyway tho', it's pretty simple. The membership lasts 1 year. You get 10% off regular-priced stuff.

You get your 10% with all coupon sales, but it comes off the sale price, not added with it. So a 40% off sale+ discount isn't 50%, it's 46%. You get your 10% with most of Shawn's Daily Deal items.

You do NOT get your 10% on bargain bin items or weekly sales items. Basically, if there's a red asterisk by the item name when it's in your cart, you won't get the 10%.

You can use your discount with the order you buy it, enter 'newmember' as your member number. After that tho', you have to wait for them to actually mail you your member card & number to use it again.

Overall it's not worth it for me to get just 1 book. I get the $8 books for $6 since my bro works accounting for a major bookstore chain. This would save me maybe $0.50 more but with shipping it probably would end up costing the same or more.

But for a big bulk purchase this might be well worth it. I like the more tame Viz stuff. So basicly the "Shonen Jump" branded series are more my taste. Pretty much that's the label to look for in what comes stateside and will have a great chance of getting it's anime brought over as well. Even Hikaru No Go & Prince of Tennis got their animes brought over.

I'm not sure if I'll order anything. But I appreciate this deal being posted. I'm looking through all the releases... maybe it's time for me to get into Beat the Vandal Buster or something else.

bread's done
Back