Rise of Nightmares $24.98 @ Toysrus.com

radioactivez0r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The price is only online, but the stores will honor it; plus, there is a 25% extra discount on clearance games until Saturday, and this price falls under that category, so with little effort you should be able to get it for about $17.50. The game came out 5 weeks ago.

(Maybe it's awful and it's plummeting, but whatever!)

I went to TRU tonight for the PoP trilogy and was told it's their policy to honor the website; didn't get the extra clearance discount because it required manager override and he had walked away, but I will probably try to adjust it before the end of the week.

Linky: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12066476&prodFindSrc=search

yep, it doesn't explicitly say online only on the page so it will work. Just hope for everyone who wants it that they don't mark it back up anytime soon.

I really wanted to like this game. Looked intriguing and heard some good things. Bought it at Best Buy for $40 last month. The controls bugged the hell out of me, even when you could you the rail mode..which is only maybe half the game, its very tedious and you can get swarmed by enemies and screwed over very easily. The idea is good....its just it wasnt put together well. Another Fail for Sega.

Last edited by a moderator:
fuck TRU. I saw this earlier in the week and they said they couldn't price match online game prices. Assholes.

Speaking of which. They should just fix their in-store pick up system. Unless it's online only, I should be able to do in-store pick up.

Just tried at my TRU, the manager argued price matching the web site, and when I pushed the 25% off clearance, he said "I'll try and see if it lets me" :roll:. Anyways, anyone have luck getting the price + clearance and have a receipt scan I can bring in? I'm thinking about either trying again or going for a price adjustment at a different location.

Tried it yesterday, and the manager said I could only do the $24.98 price override, and that I should be grateful since it's not their obligation to honor website prices [rolls eyes].

No luck with the $17... would've picked it up at that price.

my toysrus price matched the website but I didnt want to push them on the 25% clearance, since a price matched price isnt exactly a clearance price set by the store

Might have to try and price match this at Best Buy (they were going to last time TRU.com had it on sale but I opted not to), and then return the one I bought for $40 since I haven't opened it yet.

As a former TRU employee, I can tell you that many stores do not honor online pricing. My store, nor any of the stores nearby, would not price match the online sale prices. This is definitely YMMV.

I am not really understanding the mentality of some of you. This isnt is a diss or a jab but this game is not good. Its bad. No, I dont know by my own experience, but I read alot of reviews watched alot of vids and the game just is not worth it. Period. Maybe any game is worth a 5 buck rental, but it seems alot of you are getting it just cause its on sale. Can anyone explain to me why buy a POS game jus cause its on sale?

[quote name='n8dawwg']I am not really understanding the mentality of some of you. This isnt is a diss or a jab but this game is not good. Its bad. No, I dont know by my own experience, but I read alot of reviews watched alot of vids and the game just is not worth it. Period. Maybe any game is worth a 5 buck rental, but it seems alot of you are getting it just cause its on sale. Can anyone explain to me why buy a POS game jus cause its on sale?[/QUOTE]
24.98 plus tax = around $27 to $28, bestbuy tiv is $25, combined with preorder of certain games (Batman or Battlefield 3) is an extra 50% and some folks have a gamers club subscription which is an extra 10% so total trade in value is $40 bestbuy credit, so plus side is u get to try the game, and if you dont like it you can trade it in for essentially more than what you paid for or some folks just flip it which i wouldnt condone as much but as u said this is a POS game so i say why the fuck not then, right?

[quote name='exaznkid']24.98 plus tax = around $27 to $28, bestbuy tiv is $25, combined with preorder of certain games (Batman or Battlefield 3) is an extra 50% and some folks have a gamers club subscription which is an extra 10% so total trade in value is $40 bestbuy credit, so plus side is u get to try the game, and if you dont like it you can trade it in for essentially more than what you paid for or some folks just flip it which i wouldnt condone as much but as u said this is a POS game so i say why the fuck not then, right?[/QUOTE]

Dude, I hadn't know about the trade in value! I traded it in for $37.50, then turned around and bought it with the gift card and TRU price match. YMMV because I'm pretty sure they normally don't price match when online differs from store. Basically got it for $16.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I can't find any direct evidence that they are in fact obligated to, so it looks like I'm just taking the word of local employees that they do.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Triggerhappy14']As a former TRU employee, I can tell you that many stores do not honor online pricing. My store, nor any of the stores nearby, would not price match the online sale prices. This is definitely YMMV.[/QUOTE]

TRU does match it's online prices. It has been in effect for a few months now. TRU did go a few years where they didn't match, so you may have a few that still think like this.

The only exclusion on price matching their website is the item can not say anywhere on the page that it is an online only price/sale.

^^prim4444 nailed it^^

I've had trouble in the past with my local TRU not matching their website pricing so 3 days ago I called Toys R Us customer relations to ask what their policy was concerning this. I was on the phone for 40 minutes before finally getting the clarification I wanted. Just like prim said, as long as the discounted item isn't part of an 'Online Only' sale, the store is supposed to honor the price match.

I then went to the store prepared to argue, but the employee checked the site and then price matched Rise of Nightmares without issue. I asked about the additional 25% off and they wouldn't honor that because it was a price match.

I was lucky enough to get it PMed a few days ago, but my TRU never PMed in the past. When the manager/supervisor came out to do the override, he muttered something along the lines that he shouldn't be doing this. It wasn't directed at me. It was more like screw the man, Imma do what I want. :D The guy checking me out even said that he had prompts on his screen for PMing to not just TRU.com, but other competitors as well. Now why would they have this in their system if they don't PM? :roll:

@prim I have looked many times, although admittedly not recently, but is there any sort of written policy available to customers regarding TRU PMing it's online store and competitors.

[quote name='phantomphoenix']
@prim I have looked many times, although admittedly not recently, but is there any sort of written policy available to customers regarding TRU PMing it's online store and competitors.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately no, but if an employee knows where to look, they can find the info on our system.

[quote name='prim4444']Unfortunately no, but if an employee knows where to look, they can find the info on our system.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! Good to know. Are there any keywords I can use to "help" them find the info?

[quote name='n8dawwg']I am not really understanding the mentality of some of you. This isnt is a diss or a jab but this game is not good. Its bad. No, I dont know by my own experience, but I read alot of reviews watched alot of vids and the game just is not worth it. Period. Maybe any game is worth a 5 buck rental, but it seems alot of you are getting it just cause its on sale. Can anyone explain to me why buy a POS game jus cause its on sale?[/QUOTE]

I guess we could all just follow your opinions on games and only buy what you think is good, but that sort of defeats the purpose.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I guess we could all just follow your opinions on games and only buy what you think is good, but that sort of defeats the purpose.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, n8's post was entirely silly and off-the-mark. I agree more with Shipwreck's review than most of the other Rise of Nightmares reviews.

Well it's sold out online so I doubt they will PM their website if it's out of stock. Hell mine said they won't PM their website on video games any way.

bread's done
Back