Ritz Camera closing more than 300 stores; liquidation starts April 4

Tybee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here's the complete list of closing stores (in PDF format). No idea what kind of deals they'll have, but may bear watching if there's one near you.

EDIT: Looks like Ritz has hired the same company that handled the CC liquidation. Uh oh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads-up. I wanted to know if the one near my girlfriend was closing so I could look for a good deal on a tripod and sure enough, it is. Sounds good to me. I feel a little bad for Ritz, but with B&H online there's almost no reason to go there.

That blows, they're a great place if you need lens caps or other small stuff right now and were cheaper then best buy for them . On the other hand christ were those camera bags overpriced.

Consumerist reports that the same liquidation company that did Circuit City is doing it for Ritz. Expect little to no deals.

I actually worked for Ritz for about six months in 2002. Based on that experience, I'm frankly astonished they haven't had massive store closings before this.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Consumerist reports that the same liquidation company that did Circuit City is doing it for Ritz. Expect little to no deals.[/QUOTE]

awww what

[quote name='mtxbass1']Consumerist reports that the same liquidation company that did Circuit City is doing it for Ritz. Expect little to no deals.[/quote]

OP should mention this in the title/description.

[quote name='Tybee']I'm frankly astonished they haven't had massive store closings before this.[/quote]

Yeah, they lasted longer than I thought they would. At the same time I didn't see this coming.

The whopping 10% off got bumped to 20% off at some closing stores. They're still about 30-50% higher, after discount, than online prices.

Yeah, there's really some businesses that last longer than you think. Like this place, in the mall, called Wigs Amor. It's a wig store. In the mall. Actually, it's right next to a Gamestop, which I'm sure brings in plenty of foot traffic for Wigs Amor. Which is a wig store located in the mall.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yeah, there's really some businesses that last longer than you think. Like this place, in the mall, called Wigs Amor. It's a wig store. In the mall. Actually, it's right next to a Gamestop, which I'm sure brings in plenty of foot traffic for Wigs Amor. Which is a wig store located in the mall.[/quote]

Don't they own NBC?

bread's done
Back