Riviera GBA-New shipment sent to stores 8-4-05!

[quote name='Wario64']this is a deal considering the only place you can buy it are from auctions that go well over the MSRP. unless you're lucky enough to find a copy in store[/QUOTE]

There are 4 copies at the closest GS to me. If you use the store locator, it obviously isn't working right since that store shows zero in stock.

Once again, I'll say it again. This isn't a deal. I know the game is hard to find but it still doesn't make it a deal that Atlus has decided to ship out their own stock of the game (by the way that is first hand information).

Can someone just lock this thread since it's repost anyways?

[quote name='Zon27']There are 4 copies at the closest GS to me. If you use the store locator, it obviously isn't working right since that store shows zero in stock.

Once again, I'll say it again. This isn't a deal. I know the game is hard to find but it still doesn't make it a deal that Atlus has decided to ship out their own stock of the game (by the way that is first hand information).

Can someone just lock this thread since it's repost anyways?[/QUOTE]

Store locator:
There is 1-3 (which realistically means 1 copy) 36 miles away from me. The same one that supposedly has Lunar 2 but when I call they don't have it. The next nearest copy is 93 miles away.

I have looked at every local game store, BB, etc...no Riviera.

Ebay price is $36 - $50 shipped (ignore the $20 HK bootlegs), look for yourself. Riviera for $29.99 new instore is indeed a Video Game Deal, dangit!

The EBgames back orders will eventually get sent out, just a place a order there unless you need the game asap.

I think the fact that i saw this game used going for over $50 on eBay a week ago, and now that it's rereleased it will be, before tax, less than $30, makes this thread a very good deal.

The fact that I don't have to pay inflated prices on eBay and can now go and buy it instore for MSRP or less is in fact a deal. Settle down everyone, good heavens.

daroga

I believe this should be considered a deal since it allows us CAGs to avoid dealing with the game marker-uppers on ebay, who are for the most part criminally insane with their prices and shipping. This also makes sure that none of us get a bootleg. Damn ye GBA bootleggers.

didn't know this game was that hard to find. over the weekend I saw 4 sealed copies at a Gamecrazy 30 minutes from where I live. also at one EB games I saw a used copy of the game (box and all, but the box was in bad condition) for about 24.99.

i'm thinking about getting the game when this new shipment comes, but I guess I'm going to read some more reviews on it first.

when i first started playing the game i give it a 10 out of 10, but By the time i beat it last night im only going to give it a 6 -10. why the drop ? cause the game allows you to win all the time. Everytime you lose you can retry the same battle with the monsters getting less hp and your overdriver being powered up

i lost 3 times on the final boss before killing it and the 4th time the monster only had like 5500 hps compare to the first time where it had like 12000-14000 hps and my overbar meter was fully powered at the start of battle

they made the game way too easy.

Time to beat first walkthough 23 1/2 hours i found the sound collection and the face collection. now got to play again to get the other extras

[quote name='Nogib']I'm not overreacting at all. I'm just shocked at how something so simple as a wrong forum pointer gets shrugged off so easily. Not trying to be a forum nazi or anything. This was merely a news-worthy item and not a deal. The people defending it's place here are the ones grossly overreacting. So what if I say that it doesn't belong here? No need for them to fly off the handle completely.[/QUOTE]

Anyone else keep thinking about that scene in Big Lebowski where Walter pulls the gun on the guy for stepping over the line at the bowling alley?

"Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one who pays attention to the rules any more?"

At least give the OP a break for trying to help out fellow CAGs find a soon-to-be rare Atlus game.

I agree. In a way this is a deal, and if mods have felt otherwise it would have already been moved by now. Give the OP a break, he brought good news for those that don't want to spend more then $29.99 on this title, and they would also have to deal with Hong Kong/bootlegs on eBay which makes things even more difficult.

Glad this is getting a reprint-- this is the best RPG I've played in a long time. It's a great RPG for people who are sick of console RPGs and everyone else.

[quote name='slidecage']when i first started playing the game i give it a 10 out of 10, but By the time i beat it last night im only going to give it a 6 -10. why the drop ? cause the game allows you to win all the time. Everytime you lose you can retry the same battle with the monsters getting less hp and your overdriver being powered up

i lost 3 times on the final boss before killing it and the 4th time the monster only had like 5500 hps compare to the first time where it had like 12000-14000 hps and my overbar meter was fully powered at the start of battle

they made the game way too easy.

Time to beat first walkthough 23 1/2 hours i found the sound collection and the face collection. now got to play again to get the other extras[/QUOTE]

I felt the opposite. i didn't like it at first, then loved it towards the end. i agree that battle is the only relatively weak aspect of the game, though I don't find it to be bad at all.

They had to make it easy, otherwise, it would be very easy to get stuck with no chance of progressing. Say you are supposed to fight a boss, but for some reason you have no weapons that do good damage to it-- there would be no possible way to beat him, since you can't just go get more weapons whenever you feel like it, unlike most RPGs.

[quote name='Apossum']Glad this is getting a reprint-- this is the best RPG I've played in a long time. It's a great RPG for people who are sick of console RPGs and everyone else.

I felt the opposite. i didn't like it at first, then loved it towards the end. i agree that battle is the only relatively weak aspect of the game, though I don't find it to be bad at all.

They had to make it easy, otherwise, it would be very easy to get stuck with no chance of progressing. Say you are supposed to fight a boss, but for some reason you have no weapons that do good damage to it-- there would be no possible way to beat him, since you can't just go get more weapons whenever you feel like it, unlike most RPGs.[/QUOTE]

I love the game... I'm 15 hour into it... and taking my damn time... I give it 10 OUTTA 10... Truely one of the best GBA game I played in a long time... the battel part is true... cuz of certain weapons you only use a certain number of times..

im around 3 hours on my 2nd play though. What is nice is the system keep track of everything you unlocked even if you didnt unlock the extras. What do i mean by this is

first time though i only got the faces and sound collection. 2nd playthough i got the album that opens up the gallery. well instead of having to play all the way though to get the pictures you seen the first time they are already unlocked.

i got Serene ending the first time though

I was in an EB today and they had this game on their shelves. I might pick it up there next week...

[quote name='gizmogc']Ive seen tons of copies at different Game Crazys....still unsure of this one. Maybe some day.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. I don't want it RIGHT now (and wouldn't play it for a long time anyway), but if it is going to become scarce I'd pick it up. Just not sure yet...

Besides the possibility of making a $10 profit 5 years down the line-- this game is AWESOME!!!

[quote name='Apossum']Besides the possibility of making a $10 profit 5 years down the line-- this game is AWESOME!!![/QUOTE]

Alright, alright, I'll get the damn thing :D.
I guess I'll keep it sealed until I feel like playing it. If it is worth $100 at the time I'll just sell it :D. If it is worth $40 or less, I play it.

the change in difficulty is what is hindering me from getting this game. I have heard talk about this game, if you do die a lot during battles, that the game makes it easier for you by giving you a higher gauge, and makes the enemy's HP a whole lot lower. to anyone that has the game is this true? also does it give you an option of choosing whether or not you want it to be easier when a situation like that happens?

the closest EB to me has already sold through their shipment of Riviera. they tried to sell me their last/floor copy for full price, but the box looked like it had been sat on, so I passed.

I still want to check out this game, hope it doesn't become really hard to find down the road.

[quote name='asianxcore']the change in difficulty is what is hindering me from getting this game. I have heard talk about this game, if you do die a lot during battles, that the game makes it easier for you by giving you a higher gauge, and makes the enemy's HP a whole lot lower. to anyone that has the game is this true? also does it give you an option of choosing whether or not you want it to be easier when a situation like that happens?[/QUOTE]

yes. Everytime you lose a battle and need to replay it the Game makes it eaiser. Take the final boss. I lost 4 times and at the end the boss only had like 4500 hp Compair to 12,000+ the first time you fight it.

the game does it automatic i think you can have it harder if you hit QUIT instead of continue but if you hit QUIT you will lose all your data since the last save.

it took me 24 hours to play though it 1 time, and started playing it last week again. I find the game very boring the 2nd time though.

bread's done
Back