Road Rash

steve_k

CAGiversary!
Is anyone familar with this game? I first had it on my 3DO and now am playing the PS1 version on my PS3. This game is still a lot of fun and would be a great addition to the PSN store.

yep, played the crap out of it on the SNES. Wish those rumors of them relaunching the series ended up being true. It would be a perfect game to update and throw on the XBLA and PSN store

I played a lot of this on the Genesis. And when I first saw the 3DO version at an EB I tought I must have this, but the 3DO price tag said "ain't gonna happen"

I had Road Rash II on the Genesis, was good.

I had Road Rash 64 and yes it might of been a average to below game, I had a shit ton of fun with it.

Yeah, I loved Road Rash! I first played it on PC. I still have it but I don't believe it is compatible with Windows XP. Then I found "Road Rash 64" for N64, which in my opinion sucked when compared to the PC version. Then I ran acrossed "Road Rash 3D" for PS1 and loved it. But it got borrowed and never returned (I no longer loan my games to people). Then just the other day I found the original "Road Rash" for PS1 and have been playing the heck out of it on my PS2. The only problem is I can't find my PS1 memory card to save games, but its still fun!

And I believe "Road Rash" was also on Sega Genesis or Saturn? Just not sure which.

Played the original on the Genesis, and loved every minute of it.

I'm actually a little afraid to play it nowadays (the Genny version) since I think it may not have aged well.

It's on EA's retro collection for PSP. It still holds up pretty well. It's the game I played most by far on that collection -- which is really cheap now, incidentally. RR II and III are on there, too.
The GBA game -- Jailbreak -- is awful, though. Here's a review I wrote for it: GameInformer.com

[quote name='ViolentLee']It's on EA's retro collection for PSP. It still holds up pretty well. It's the game I played most by far on that collection -- which is really cheap now, incidentally. RR II and III are on there, too.
GameInformer.com[/QUOTE]

Aren't those the Sega Genesis versions? The 32-bit 3DO and Playstation versions are far superior. Road Rash on Sega Genesis puts me to sleep.

Pretty different games I think, steve_k. Barely ever played the 32-bit Rash, but I always loved it on Genesis: getting crazy air, the "oof" sound when you beat someone, smacking into a roadside cow. Good times.

I remember one time I crashed at the beginning of a race, and just ran to the finish line. There was a cop tailing me and everything... it was AWESOME. I think I might have to dust of the ol' genesis, or maybe give that PSX version a try.

Road Rash was one of my favorite games of my teen years. But when Road Rash 2 came out I spent many sleepless nights battling it out on Road Rash 2 mano a mano.

Road Rash 3 was crazy with all the extra weapons and a better split screen mode. We played this a shit ton also but not as much as we played 2.

Road Rash 3DO was fun as hell but I only played it a few times because I didn't have a 3DO and I only knew one person that did.

Road Rash on PSX was just ok.

Road Rash 3D was unplayable.

Road Rash: Jailbreak made Road Rash fun again. They went back to the basics and it was funner than hell to drive a "hog". We spent many of drunken nights playing this when it came out, this was the best Playstation/N64 era Road Rash.

spoo, I didn't even know Jailbreak was on PSone. I thought you were on crack when I first read your post, as I only knew the name from the awful GBA game I referenced above.
I may have to search that out on eBay. Think it still holds up?

[quote name='ViolentLee']spoo, I didn't even know Jailbreak was on PSone. I thought you were on crack when I first read your post, as I only knew the name from the awful GBA game I referenced above.
I may have to search that out on eBay. Think it still holds up?[/QUOTE]

If you can get it cheap enough go for it but if I were you I wouldn't spend too much on it.

I found a complete copy of Road Rash II for Genesis at gameplay for 2-3 bucks hehe. I loved the series as a kid

If I had a bit more disposable income (ie no kids), I'd go a-hunting for a 3DO with Road Rash and Madden. Those games blew me away back in the day.

[quote name='fart_bubble']yep, played the crap out of it on the SNES. Wish those rumors of them relaunching the series ended up being true. It would be a perfect game to update and throw on the XBLA and PSN store[/QUOTE]

This game never came out on the snes source. I remember playing road rash 1 and 2 and this was an awesom game. Public enemy number one was a douche. The playstation version made the game look and play like shit.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']This game never came out on the snes source. I remember playing road rash 1 and 2 and this was an awesom game. Public enemy number one was a douche. The playstation version made the game look and play like shit.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I fucked up (my memory isn't what it used to be). It was the Genesis version that I played

bread's done
Back