Road to Wrestlemania that points at the Wrestlemania sign Wrestlemania XXVIII thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts before I leave to point at the Wrestlemania sign in person:

Does anyone have any predictions on which Metallica song they will use for Triple H tonight?

Is there anyone left who cares about the current tag title scene and the upcoming [dark] match?

I have a bad feeling they won't let Rock and Undertaker win in the same night. I wonder which loss would cause a bigger riot.

This will be my first WWE event so I'm a little nervous as to what I'm going to see crowd wise. The last wrestling show I went to was WWF Armageddon where Jericho won his first WWF/E title from Chyna and Stephanie turned heel.

Adios.

[quote name='Spyder187']Honestly, if you guys keep bitching about the shitty covers WWE keeps doing of their music it WILL get worse. You wil end up with things like WWE The Music: Autotuned Edition and then there will be the ever-popular WWE The Music: Dubstep Edition to round things out.

I can hear good ol' JR now: "By Gawd King, His ears are broken into a million pieces...."[/QUOTE]

The autotune version will be sung exclusively by Jillian Hall when she returns.

[quote name='Cage017']I have a bad feeling they won't let Rock and Undertaker win in the same night. I wonder which loss would cause a bigger riot.[/QUOTE]

I do not think riot means what WWE fans think it means.

A little over two hours.. time to start the hype!!!'

Not sure why you have to click through the first spoiler to get to the second spoiler..

WM17 highlights (Pretty sure this is still my favorite WM) (Myke, please PM me about letting me borrow this DVD when you have a chance!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPuJhXt4Crk

Old school style WM28 promo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqGyllABGBY

aaaaagh, goddammit. two things:

1) I keep forgetting to get that dvd to you.
2) I saw a tonnnnnnn of reunion posters on phonepoles in south philly the other day when I was out shopping. i've been mind-numbingly busy the past 2-3 weeks. remind me thursday morning, and i'll run down and get some posters for you. they will likely be in some random state of disarray - scotch tape, staple rips, etc.

EDIT: Okay, I listened to a few of those "Hall of Fame" songs above. What in the heck is all that? They sound embarrassingly awful. Were they used for the program last night?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Use spoiler tags, you stupid fucking idiot.[/QUOTE]

Why would that be "Spoiler Tag" material? It's been posted nearly everywhere, including MSN since this morning. Everyone who goes to any wrestling site already knew this before that post.

[quote name='mogamer']Why would that be "Spoiler Tag" material? It's been posted nearly everywhere, including MSN since this morning. Everyone who goes to any wrestling site already knew this before that post.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone has been checking sports/news sites in the past 24 hours.

[quote name='mogamer']Why would that be "Spoiler Tag" material? It's been posted nearly everywhere, including MSN since this morning. Everyone who goes to any wrestling site already knew this before that post.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what's worse: you not understanding some people don't go to sites to read spoilers, or the fact that you get your news from MSN.

Has anyone considered that the
Lesnar
reports could just be an epic April Fool's gag? I've read reports of "sightings," yet nobody has photographic evidence. Hard to believe when most everyone in the world has a camera in their pocket.

Game of Thrones: A Clash of Kings was published in 1998. But if you want, I can spoil season 2 for you, and tell you that you had 14 years to figure out who lives and who dies.

It's Wrestlemania Sunday, dude. People want to enjoy being *SURPRISED*, so yeah, part of the show means a willfull ignorance of what's being reported where.

Don't be a shit about it, especially if you're not a wrestling thread regular. If it's not actively promoted by WWE as part of the event, treat it as a spoiler. You don't get to be a dick and then act indignant that other people told you that you're being a dick.

[quote name='Scorch']I don't get what you're saying - in my original statement, I said that yes, they've made edits before, and I wasn't sure why you said that you "wouldn't put it past them". Saying that shows that there's some skepticism on your part whether or not they would edit in cheers/boos. I was saying that they have before, there shouldn't even be any skepticism on whether or not they'd do it again.[/quote]

I said "I wouldn't put it past them" as in it wouldn't shock me that they would edit the show like that. My bad for the lack of clarification on what I meant.

ONS 2005 on the live PPV broadcast had the real Metallica "Enter Sandman" used. The DVD release however used some generic muzak version.

The match did not end in a disqualification. My whole point was that a Wrestlemania match should not end in a disqualification.

That's right. I typed my previous post on my Stratosphere not to mention couldn't remember the Miz/Cena match much from last year outside of The Rock's run in and its absurd ending. Thought it originally ended on an DQ but after looking on Wiki it was an double count out.

If it's not an April Fool's prank, perhaps I should start one.

Sting replaces Triple H to face Taker. You heard it here first. Now where's that gratuitous Wrestlemania Sting/Taker poster when I need it?!

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Has anyone considered that the
Lesnar
reports could just be an epic April Fool's gag? I've read reports of "sightings," yet nobody has photographic evidence. Hard to believe when most everyone in the world has a camera in their pocket.[/QUOTE]

tumblr_m1t2dhGcWb1qlbj1bo1_500.jpg

DO NOT CLICK THIS SPOILER TAG UNLESS YOU ALREADY KNOW THE SPOILER IN QUESTION

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']If it's not an April Fool's prank, perhaps I should start one.

Sting replaces Triple H to face Taker. You heard it here first. Now where's that gratuitous Wrestlemania Sting/Taker poster when I need it?![/QUOTE]

2sb7pua.jpg

[quote name='Scorch']
tumblr_m1t2dhGcWb1qlbj1bo1_500.jpg

DO NOT CLICK THIS SPOILER TAG UNLESS YOU ALREADY KNOW THE SPOILER IN QUESTION[/QUOTE]

That sure looks like Miami, Florida in the background.

;)

I know it's been discussed many times before but going over some old PPVs, mainly Wrestlemanias, I demand the person who makes the promo videos leading up to matches should get a hall of fame spot all on his own. Also, Dolph Ziggler is a selling machine.

I did find a shot of
Batista
from this morning, though.

2d14thg.jpg

Also, new Cena shirt is on sale tonight:

4kguh5.jpg

I'd be all for Lesnar to return, but I do not want to see him in a WM match with Undertaker. I really don't see any good fueds for him really. I guess put him against Cena, or Punk maybe.

[quote name='mykevermin']Game of Thrones: A Clash of Kings was published in 1998. But if you want, I can spoil season 2 for you, and tell you that you had 14 years to figure out who lives and who dies.[/QUOTE]
Already read the series, so you wouldn't spoil anything for me. But yes, I do watch what I say about the series to people who haven't.

It's Wrestlemania Sunday, dude. People want to enjoy being *SURPRISED*, so yeah, part of the show means a willfull ignorance of what's being reported where.
I understand where your coming from on this. But when something is being reported on a "serious" news site like MSN, it's tough to consider it being a surprise.

Don't be a shit about it, especially if you're not a wrestling thread regular. If it's not actively promoted by WWE as part of the event, treat it as a spoiler. You don't get to be a dick and then act indignant that other people told you that you're being a dick.

Unless he changed his post before I read it, it didn't look like he was being a "dick" about it. But everyone can interpret things in their own way.

Such a cool fake poster. Then again, I have fewer problems with Joker Sting than I should.

What else, what else... my cat has a tapeworm. That'll be fun to deal with this week along with working probably through Saturday.

[quote name='Halo05']Such a cool fake poster. Then again, I have fewer problems with Joker Sting than I should.

What else, what else... my cat has a tapeworm. That'll be fun to deal with this week along with working probably through Saturday.[/QUOTE]

This just in... Halo's Cat's tapeworm is in Miami. Expected to get involved in the Kane vs Orton match.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']This just in... Halo's Cat's tapeworm is in Miami. Expected to get involved in the Kane vs Orton match.[/QUOTE]

Now I'm interested in that match.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']
This just in... Halo's Cat's tapeworm is in Miami. Expected to get involved in the Kane vs Orton match.
[/QUOTE]
Spoilers man, spoilers!

I guess they aren't necessary. That signing is all over Fox News. They never lie. Damn Fox News spoiling shit.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Now I'm interested in that match.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JP']Spoilers man, spoilers![/QUOTE]

Triple-threat.
Tapeworm wins by submission (crossface). Calls out Benoit following match. Announcement censored.

[quote name='mogamer']I understand where your coming from on this. But when something is being reported on a "serious" news site like MSN, it's tough to consider it being a surprise.[/QUOTE]

So just because MSN spoiled something, it's fair game for everyone else? I know this is the internet but some of us still like not knowing everything ahead of time. And I have no idea what we're talking about because MSN is not only not "serious" news, MSN can also fuck off.

Edit: And hahaha Fox News.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Triple-threat.
Tapeworm wins by submission (crossface). Calls out Benoit following match. Announcement censored.
[/QUOTE]
Nice. That reminds of this post I saw in a Fark.com Wrestlemania thread.

[quote name='fark.com']One of the oddest Wrestlemania moments was the end of Wrestlemania XX, when Eddie Guerrero celebrated in the ring with himself after No One beat Triple H for the World Heavyweight Championship.

[/QUOTE]

It also had this classic

roflbot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Survivalism']So just because MSN spoiled something, it's fair game for everyone else? I know this is the internet but some of us still like not knowing everything ahead of time. And I have no idea what we're talking about because MSN is not only not "serious" news, MSN can also fuck off.

Edit: And hahaha Fox News.[/QUOTE]
But the thing is, now it's more than just MSN and the site that I quoted in my spoilered post earlier mentioning it. So if this is still some sort of elaborate April Fool's Day prank from WWE, I must say that they really got quite a few people with it then.:whistle2:#

Just like we saw with WWE bringing back Bret Hart on a limited basis a while ago, even with all of the animosity between him and the company over the Montreal Screwjob, anything is possible.

Who knows? Maybe they'll only point out that he's in the crowd and have him n Taker do a staredown up close that'll be the basis for NEXT year's WM poster. Either that or maybe they'll make him n DB a powerhouse tag team n have them annihilate all of their competition. Like I said, anything is possible. But knowing WWE they'll fuck it up....somehow.:roll:

[quote name='Cage017']Does anyone have any predictions on which Metallica song they will use for Triple H tonight?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it's "The God That Failed", cause I'm having to sit through yet another HHH / Undertaker match.

[quote name='Scorch']Also, new Cena shirt is on sale tonight:

4kguh5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Heh,
Boston (can't) Selltics?

[quote name='xilly']Hopefully it's "The God That Failed", cause I'm having to sit through yet another HHH / Undertaker match[/QUOTE]
By that logic you could also use "Sad But True".

[quote name='JP']By that logic you could also use "Sad But True".[/QUOTE]

Nope, you couldn't. Sampled in Taker's old "American Badass" theme by Kid Rock.

[quote name='xilly']Nope, you couldn't. Sampled in Taker's old "American Badass" theme by Kid Rock.[/QUOTE]
Stop poking holes in my idea damn it. Not cool.

Just because people think it might, doesn't necessarily mean the signing will impact the match.

No one posted any match outcomes, decisions from McMahon, or wrestler interviews that explicitly state what will happen. It's not like he told the ending to a movie that comes out tonight because he saw an early screening.

Also, if people are avoiding the internet to not get spoiled, THEN WHY ARE YOU READING THIS?

The clique-yness of this thread is nauseating at times.

[quote name='mykevermin']That sure looks like Miami, Florida in the background.

;)[/QUOTE]

"Excuse me, could you hold this copy of the 4/1 Miami Herald while I take your picture, please?"

[quote name='mogamer']Already read the series, so you wouldn't spoil anything for me. But yes, I do watch what I say about the series to people who haven't.

I understand where your coming from on this. But when something is being reported on a "serious" news site like MSN, it's tough to consider it being a surprise.

Unless he changed his post before I read it, it didn't look like he was being a "dick" about it. But everyone can interpret things in their own way.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you really are a clueless git.

[quote name='xilly']

Heh,
Boston (can't) Selltics?
[/QUOTE]

This just in: Celtics defeat Heat at home. This can only mean Rock to beat Cena at home in Miami.

Excited for the event. Punk/Jericho should be good!

[quote name='davo1224']Just because people think it might, doesn't necessarily mean the signing will impact the match.

No one posted any match outcomes, decisions from McMahon, or wrestler interviews that explicitly state what will happen. It's not like he told the ending to a movie that comes out tonight because he saw an early screening.

Also, if people are avoiding the internet to not get spoiled, THEN WHY ARE YOU READING THIS?

The clique-yness of this thread is nauseating at times.[/QUOTE]

The essential point is that there is a lack of consideration for other people's experience when discussing things like this. Just because person A has heard about a potential happening before the fact doesn't mean that person B automatically wants to know about it. If person A can't be considerate enough to give person B the option to not read about it then they're being rude. If being "cliquey" helps to avoid having a potential surprise ruined then sign me up.

OMG he ruined the match. Spoiler warnings fucktard.

Like I said, it was only conjecture and fans linking the two. The UT match and the signing had zero to do with each other.

[quote name='davo1224']OMG he ruined the match. Spoiler warnings fucktard.

Like I said, it was only conjecture and fans linking the two. The UT match and the signing had zero to do with each other.[/QUOTE]

Which no one knew for sure until after fact. The wrestling threads have long been a spoiler-free zone (even potential spoilers for the most part). If you don't like that then run along. There are plenty of other threads on other sites that aren't so "cliquey".

Oh shit that's hilarious. The ref in the corner looking like he's in panic room mode adds so much to it.

[quote name='ced']Oh shit that's hilarious. Shawn Michaels in the corner looking like he's in panic room mode adds so much to it.[/QUOTE]

Fixed that for you. ;)

I hope Sheamus and Daniel Bryan go for a "trilogy" of WrestleMania matches from "bumped to the pre-show" to "18 second squash" to "90 Minute Hell In A Cell Iron Man Match" next year.

[quote name='Scorch']I did find a shot of
Batista
from this morning, though.

2d14thg.jpg

Also, new Cena shirt is on sale tonight:

4kguh5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Haha that last picture is a picture of my friend Steven with his new Cena shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back