Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 - Unrated Blu Ray - $7.68 shipped.

You got to enjoy these movies. I'm in the process of buying all 10 Halloween movies on Blu Ray. I already have them all on DVD. So far I only have part 6 and part 10 on Blu Ray.  Will probably order some more this week.

I never heard about the editing of the second one. Maybe I should see it. The theater cut I saw is the worst movie I've ever seen. That's not an exaggeration.

I legitimately like the first one. I saw the two/three cuts and liked each. I can't remember if the workprint version differs from te director's cut, but I know I've seen however many there are.

I don't really remember the second one other than him ruining every character he established in the first.

I never heard about the editing of the second one. Maybe I should see it. The theater cut I saw is the worst movie I've ever seen. That's not an exaggeration.
It fell into that string of movies like Daredevil, Troy, Alexander, Kingdom of Heaven, The Fountain...where they were edited down by a huge chunk, the final version went to the theaters and got slammed. But then the directors got a chance to release the pre-edited cuts of the movies for home video and they all had much better feedback in that regard. Sometimes, it is worth waiting for a movie to see if it does have a workprint or a director's cut available because it can make or break a movie.

Just ordered the first Halloween by Rob Zombie on 2 disc Blu Ray for 13 bucks from Amazon.

And so it continues... I now own 6, 9, and 10 on Blu Ray. Already own all 10 on DVD, and own the first 5 on VHS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only seen the director's cut and I thought it was trash. I say that as a Rob Zombie fan who really liked his first Halloween.

I think his films gradually get worse. Will always enjoy House of 1000 Corpses and Devils Rejects the most. First Halloween was alright. Halloween 2 was pretty meh. And haven't seen lords of Salem.

Just ordered the first Halloween by Rob Zombie on 2 disc Blu Ray for 13 bucks from Amazon.

And so it continues... I now own 6, 9, and 10 on Blu Ray. Already own all 10 on DVD, and own the first 5 on VHS.
You need to buy the original Halloween and Halloween II on Blu-Ray, and get rid of everything else.

Those two are the only good ones.

Shawty please! I enjoy them all! Especially 3.
Shawty, lol. To me, Myers died at the end of II. The continuity was the best between the first two films. Even the mask was the same. After II, that same mask was never used again, and looked worse and worse with each new film. It just didn't reach me the same way. But yeah, whatever floats your boat! :)

I think his films gradually get worse. Will always enjoy House of 1000 Corpses and Devils Rejects the most. First Halloween was alright. Halloween 2 was pretty meh. And haven't seen lords of lSalem.
Salem is great but it grows on you.

I went with my girlfriend and I liked it ok but after some time passed she wanted to watch it again and I enjoyed it a lot more. The ending isnt quite as good as it could be but all in all its a good movie if you grew up with like 70s and 80s movies of the same genre like the sentinel, rosemarys baby, and so on.

I really liked the setting and the style of the movie. It had a nice feel to it. The characters felt more organic also and not so overly written.

Shawty please! I enjoy them all! Especially 3.
3 is a great film but too many people hate it because they think it should have been about michael.

Originally john carpenter wanted to do a new halloween each year in a different place with different characters with a different story. Just each one took place on halloween. But he sold off the rights to go make his own movies and after 2 did poorly the studio tried his original idea and pissed off everyone because they all assumed it would be about michael.

I like 3 though because its such an evil and mean spirited movie that for once tried to be different than what all the other horror movies were doing. It was unique. Even now I still sing the silver shamrock song sometimes.

bread's done
Back