Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN discussion

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Haha, Halloween 3 sucked...but in a good way. I have to try and get that on DVD for my annual October horror movie binge. I might finally break down and get Phantasm with it on Amazon if they have a holiday sale.[/QUOTE]

Halloween III..S.S...S..SUCKS!?!?! =O

NoNoNonono you have it all wrong :) Halloween III was a very creepy horror movie....with that great Silver Shamrock song :) Just forget that it has anything to do with Michael Myers.

"its time...ITS TIME...put on your silver shamrock masks and watch the magic pumpkin....watch....WATCH..."

Its too bad that John Carpenter didn't explain earlier on that the Halloween series was always meant to be a series of completely seperate horror movies..the fact that he made Halloween I and II (basically the same story spread over a couple of nights), set people up to expect the same from Halloween III.

Besides...H3 has: PowerDrill to the Head.......robots ripping a mans head right off his body.....kids heads exploding into masses of bugs and snakes....
whats *NOT* to like!? :D

53.gif

halloween 3 was more cerebral than the other halloween films. people were expecting micahel killing things and got somethign else. as a stand alone film its a great movie but a letdown if its supposed to be considered part of the halloween series.

I wonde, if I were to disagree with HeadRusch's opinion on Zombie's first two movies, would he type up a big old paragraph detailing how wrong I am? :whistle2:k

[quote name='ph33r m3']I'll agree with the few, House of 1000 Corpses was horrid, and don't even get me started on Devil's Rejects, even calling that a fucking movie would be a disgrace to the likes of Gigli and Wild Hogs.[/quote]
Thank you for enjoying the hit motion-picture Wild Hogs, out now on DVD and Blu-Ray disc!

[quote name='linkpwns']Just a heads-up you guys. Halloween is the first movie ever to get a 10.10.10 at kids-in-mind.com. Kids in mind is like a website that re-rates the MPAA's ratings. http://kids-in-mind.com/h/halloween.htm[/quote]

Lol, I read through that and 90% of that shit isn't even in the movie. Must be a wiki site where vandals can go to town on entries.

House of 1000 corpses sucked ASS. I thought this movie was pretty good tho. I don't remember when I saw the classic one but I always thought that he killed his parents and his baby sister.

And about Loomis in this movie
he didn't die

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Lol, I read through that and 90% of that shit isn't even in the movie. Must be a wiki site where vandals can go to town on entries.[/QUOTE]

Next time watch the movie and don't cover your eyes, maybe then you'd know that what the site wrote(besides the pubic part) is in the movie.

[quote name='whoknows']Still, even if they couldn't compete with Saw IV I still think it would have been more successful with a Halloween time release. Some people will only watch horror movies on/around Halloween and people are more inclined to go see a horror movie around Halloween.[/QUOTE]

If it came out around teh Halloween time frame it would have made even a quarter of the movie it made over the weekend. Besides the obvious "Saw IV would have made it it's bitch", there's the whole un-opposed three-day weekend going for it.

I was going to see it, but the negativity was so great, that I opted to take a gamble on Death Sentence. I say gamble, because I didn't know teh Saw team was behind it, it was doing nothing at my theater and I haven't gotten the chance the read any reviews. Thankfully, the movie turned out to be pretty entertaining (Death Sentence).

I might check out Halloween while I'm working (that's pretty doubtful, now that I've moved up in rank at the theater), but it's very doubtful that'll I'll waste my time (money isn't an issue, since I see anything I want for free) on what most likely is crap.

My final verdict: Shit.

Everything was half-baked, unsuccessfully tried too many different origin angles (one, after another) and, regardless, all amounted to a neutered version of the original.

If he made the film absurd, and in his style (which we saw flawlessly represented in Rejects), and WAY more disturbing, that would have been another story.

There was no style to the cinematography, either. It was as though they set down a tripod and started shooting.

Oh, and the editing was terrible / confusing.

Another idea:

He shouldn't have used the original mask, either. It felt shoehorned in, and the paper mache mask angle was one of the few things I liked about this film. (The pumpkin mask he had looked fantastic.)

Well, apparently a lot of people went to see it. It made $31 million over the weekend and was the #1 movie. Meaning it beat the hell out of Balls of Fury, which came out 2 days earlier & came in at #3.

Love hurts, love scars,
Love wounds, and marks,
Any heart, not tough,
Or strong, enough
To take a lot of pain,
Take a lot of pain
Love is like a cloud
Holds a lot of rain
Love hurts, ooh ooh love hurts

Im young, I know,
But even so
I know a thing, or two
I learned, from you
I really learned a lot,
Really learned a lot
Love is like a flame
It burns you when its hot

Some fools think of happiness
Blissfulness, togetherness
Some fools fool themselves I guess
Theyre not foolin me

I know it isnt true,
I know it isnt true
Love is just a lie,
Made to make you blue
Love hurts, ooh,ooh love hurts
Ooh,ooh love hurts

[guitar solo]

I know it isnt true,
I know it isnt true
Love is just a lie,
Made to make you blue
Ooh ooh love hurts
Ooh ooh...

[quote name='tangytangerine']Well, apparently a lot of people went to see it. It made $31 million over the weekend and was the #1 movie. Meaning it beat the hell out of Balls of Fury, which came out 2 days earlier & came in at #3.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who didn't see that coming needs a slap across the face, pimp-style.

Wonder how long before they green-light either Halloween II, a new sequel, or both?

Yeah. In that version, Michael gives up the girl to Loomis and the paranoid trigger happy cops shoot and murder Michael.

I Agree with brak. This is yeet another dissapointment from Rob Zombie. Make me question how ppl let him mess with this halloween series. Such a bummer:(

For anyone who loved the original Halloween (and Halloween II since it was just about as good), is this movie going to be a complete disappoint?
I know it's not following a lot of the same story line as the original, but did Rob butcher the concept of Michael Myers, or did he do it justice?

Zombie -
"I feel it's the worst thing any filmmaker can do. I actually got a call from my agent and they asked me if I wanted to be involved with the remake of Chain Saw. I said no f***ing way! Those movies are perfect - you're only going to make yourself look like an a**hole by remaking them. Go remake something that's a piece of s**t and make it good. Like with my movie (House of 1000 Corpses) I have elements of Chain Saw in it because I love that movie so much, but I wouldn't dare want to "remake" it. It's like a band trying to be another band. You can sound like The Beatles, but you can't be The Beatles."

[quote name='Zen Davis']Yeah. In that version, Michael gives up the girl to Loomis and the paranoid trigger happy cops shoot and murder Michael.[/quote]

Caught it on youtube. There's a couple alternate scenes in that version. It's never shown Michael taking his sister's tombstone, the guy getting the beer dies a different way. Also in the theaterical version, they cut part of a scene
where Michael kills Laurie's parents. In the theaterical version, you just see him grab the dad and pull him in the house. In the work version, you see him walking across the street and the dad thinks he's a trick-or-treater. Then Michael slashs his throat and pulls him in the house

There's also a completely alternate way he escapes. In the work version, he kills just 2 people in a rape scene. Not how it happens in the theaterical version. Makes me wonder if they'll include those scenes on the DVD.

bread's done
Back