Robocop Remastered Edition (Preorder) $7.99

Can't be any worse than the editions in the past, so it's worth a preorder to lock in the price.  Reviews should be out before it ships out, so it's likely be worth the $8.

I'm surprised it went to $7.99. I've had it in my cart since it went up for preorder when they were asking $15. Insta-buy at $8. Put it right next to my Robocop Criterion and steel book copies.

semi OT: I'd like for them to drop the price on the newly released Predator 3D blu, aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Supposedly you can get this in Best Buy stores already. I'm gonna check my local one on my lunch break and see if they've put their copies out yet.

Yeah, I saw that someone had posted a picture on Slickdeals of a copy they bought at Best Buy and it shows that it comes with a $7.50 Hollywood Movie Cash voucher for the Robocop reboot next month too.  That's a hell of a deal for $7.99.

Also some people have posted pictures of the new transfer on the Blu-ray.com forums and it looks like this remaster is way better.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=230647&page=89

I'm gonna stop by my local Best Buy today and see if they have it yet.

Yeah, I saw that someone had posted a picture on Slickdeals of a copy they bought at Best Buy and it shows that it comes with a $7.50 Hollywood Movie Cash voucher for the Robocop reboot next month too. That's a hell of a deal for $7.99.

Also some people have posted pictures of the new transfer on the Blu-ray.com forums and it looks like this remaster is way better.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=230647&page=89

I'm gonna stop by my local Best Buy today and see if they have it yet.
That would make it a heck of a deal indeed, since I was going to pass on the new Robocop movie. If I can get the old one with (apparently from the screen caps on Blu-Ray.com) much better PQ and also get $7.50 movie cash for a movie I was going to pass on, that is worth trying to find it in-store at BB.

Any word if this is the same director's cut found on the Criterion Edition?
That's the main thing I want to know before I pre-order it.

Edit: Amazon has this listed in the details:

BLAAAAAAAAAH
I just picked my copy up and while I haven't watched it yet the cover lists this as Robocop: Unrated Director's Cut. The back cover says:

"The future of law enforcement meets the ultimate high-definition experience -- newly remastered unrated director's cut of Robocop on Blu-ray for spectacular image quality!"

So I think it's safe to say it's not the theatrical version.

The only differences are Kenny getting shot up for like 30 seconds longer by ED-209 and Murphy getting his entire arm blown off(not to be confused with just his hand) with a shotgun blast.

I was planning on watching the reboot anyways so the $7.50 movie cash works out PERFECTLY.

The SD thread says that it has both cuts.

If anyone finds online the criterion cover refit for a blu ray case please let me know. I change my cover art to custom stuff a lot of the time.

It looks great. Haven't watched this in prob 20 years and it looks really nice. I will second that
a) this was on the shelf yesterday at my local bb and
b) it is indeed the unrated directors cut

Yeah it's the Unrated Director's Cut, at Best Buy now for $8 and you get $7.50 movie cash for the reboot. The aspect ratio is 1.85:1 and not the Criterion presentation of 1.66:1.

There are also a bunch of other $8 blu-rays with the movie cash. Mostly 80's action stuff, but a few others.

So just to clarify before I order it this does have the original cut of the film with the "x rated" extended scenes in the board room and murphy getting his arm shot off right?

I have the criterion dvd but I'd like a bluray of this movie.

So just to clarify before I order it this does have the original cut of the film with the "x rated" extended scenes in the board room and murphy getting his arm shot off right?

I have the criterion dvd but I'd like a bluray of this movie.
Yes. It's actually plastered on the front of the box lol

I'm keeping my Criterion DVD too.

I was able to grab one at Best Buy after work today, they were in an endcap with the $7.99 Blu Rays like people have mentioned. It's been awhile since I've seen anything RoboCop, so I figured it was worth grabbing.

[attachment=2065:IMG_20140106_180656.jpg]

Got one too. In my top 5 favorites and I wanted it for the features alone, but a better transfer and free ticket is always good

anyone excited for the reboot ? im kinda weary about it but with the movie cash that comes with this its a no.brainer. hope 2 and 3 are remastered soon :D
I wasn't looking towards it until I saw the teaser. I'm planning on watching all the extras tonight. But yeah, with the movie cash, it's a no brainer.

There were 10 copies at Best Buy in Cambridge, MA if anyone from the area wanted one.

The distortion at the bottom of the pictures in that thread absolutely kill it for me, I couldn't buy a movie that's like that. It would bother me way too much.
The distortion is from the poster's software. It's not present on the actual disc.

Thanks! Just picked it up and watching it now. Looks great. Side note: the anti piracy warnings are nearly unavoidable now. I used to bypass them by using scene selection but now they've outsmarted me.

So does it have all the extra's from previous releases? Only one I have currently is the 20th Anniversary DVD and I don't think that has the criterion stuff.

So does it have all the extra's from previous releases? Only one I have currently is the 20th Anniversary DVD and I don't think that has the criterion stuff.
It dos not have the Criterion extras, but it does have the extras from the 20th Anniversary DVD. Plus one new featurette.

So I did some creative art on my Criterion DVD cover, which is now my blu-ray cover. Keeping the old disc on there too for the extra features not found on the blu-ray. 

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23521]

I really don't get why this movie, which has a lot of respect and following not to mention the fact that the reboot is weeks away did not get a true special edition with upgraded special features , but instead port overs from the DVDs...

I really liked Robocop 2........hated Robocop 3.  Robocop 2 could use a nice scrub down as well.

SInce I waited too late, most likely I am SOL finding this at a local best buy right now...oh well.

I don't understand much of your post. The only thing that would have been better than this blu-ray restoration would have been a blu-ray criterion release.

And I doubt you are SOL on finding a copy at Best Buy.

Got one of the last two at my local Best Buy a couple days ago. Very happy with the extent of the improvement over the earlier blu video quality.

I really don't get why this movie, which has a lot of respect and following not to mention the fact that the reboot is weeks away did not get a true special edition with upgraded special features , but instead port overs from the DVDs...

I really liked Robocop 2........hated Robocop 3. Robocop 2 could use a nice scrub down as well.

SInce I waited too late, most likely I am SOL finding this at a local best buy right now...oh well.
Not every BB had them out anyways and it's a bit of a "cult" film, unlike Man of Steel. Most people probably wouldn't even give it a second glance.

Well I guess my bb got their act together and put up the Robocop display.  Nabbed RC Remastered and Walking tall with the tickets! When checking out, the cashier was like "So I guess you are all set for guys movie night?  Good selection on Walking Tall, such a great movie and the way he saved the day at the end.............."  I could tell this was a new bb employee drone who's hard wired to following what their training videos tell them to do.  Thanks for spoiling the movie for me!! lol.

Going into BB for Resident Evil Collection for $20 if I can....hoping they honor the Fry's printout I have on my phone. But if they have one of these left, I'll get it.

DICK JONES!!!

I finally got to watch it last night.  Looks great.  Although it was a great film, HD has allowed you to see the imperfections of the suit and you can really tell it's made out of rubber :(    Also the news segments look REALLY bad (like upscaled).  I don't know if it's my Panasonic 58 inch plasma tv or what but all the robocop vision interlace modes don't seem to look right on my tv.   But over all it's still a welcome edition to my collection.  Too bad there is no UV code with it.  

I finally got to watch it last night. Looks great. Although it was a great film, HD has allowed you to see the imperfections of the suit and you can really tell it's made out of rubber :( Also the news segments look REALLY bad (like upscaled). I don't know if it's my Panasonic 58 inch plasma tv or what but all the robocop vision interlace modes don't seem to look right on my tv. But over all it's still a welcome edition to my collection. Too bad there is no UV code with it.
It's every bit of Peter Weller's acting for the motions in that suit that helped it, I remember seeing an interview stating how perfectly he played the cyborg movement.

bread's done
Back