RoboCop Trilogy [Blu-ray] $15.99 on amazon

Arent they doing a new RoboCop film in the near future?
robo

[quote name='DarthVicious82']I just want Criterion to release Robocop on blu-ray with the x-rated cut (for violence...not nudity you pervs). I have this on DVD but I would love to have it on blu. I've emailed them asking if it will ever be released...but of course...no response. http://www.criterion.com/films/542-robocop[/QUOTE]

If im not mistaken, the unrated directors cut of Robocop is available on the Fox version of the bluray.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']Yeah, the first pix out what he looks like are out as of today.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/robocop-suit-revealed-first-photo-remake-163723915.html

Looks like a COMPLETE abortion, as all Hollywood remakes are nowadays.[/QUOTE]

Well it DOES have Michael Keaton, Sam Jackson, and Gary Oldman, so it might not be too bad...but that said, Robocop is one of my top 10 favorites. I don't acknowledge that 2&3 exist.

Also, this does have the unrated cut...I don't know why everyone thinks it doesn't. The regular blu I have is the UR version...

For those wondering, it is the unrated version of the first movie; mine arrived Tuesday, and on the back of the box it says "unrated" where the others say "R". I haven't watched it yet to verify whether the 2-3 seconds of extra gore is actually in it, but..

[quote name='Mahgin86']For those wondering, it is the unrated version of the first movie; mine arrived Tuesday, and on the back of the box it says "unrated" where the others say "R". I haven't watched it yet to verify whether the 2-3 seconds of extra gore is actually in it, but..[/QUOTE]

Second this. I don't own the set but I do know the unrated version of Robocop is in this set. The problem with this set is that it is pretty bare bones. I don't think any of the extras from the Robocop 20th Anniversary DVD were carried over and nothing for the sequels. As with most MGM blu-rays all you pretty much get is the movies. I'll pass on this until something better comes along.

There was a third one? I had no idea. What's this extra clip of gore you guys are talking about?

[quote name='Mahgin86']I thought the extended death scene was when ED209 goes crazy and blasts nameless guy in suit away?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that was ever censored. I just watched the blu-ray and it had this scene of his death that was posted above your post; I don't recall ever seeing that much gore in that scene so I imagine that's the deleted scene/extended cut.

[quote name='Ed_']I don't believe that was ever censored. I just watched the blu-ray and it had this scene of his death that was posted above your post; I don't recall ever seeing that much gore in that scene so I imagine that's the deleted scene/extended cut.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Kenny getting killed is a little longer, ED-209 keeps shooting him, it's almost to the point of being humorous.

bread's done
Back