Robot Alchemic Drive

Robot Alchemic Drive is definitely an unusual game, to say the least. The voice acting is deadpan, even when they should be sounding excited or scared. The buildings also disintegrate into giant jaggies(triangles) when demolished during battle.

Coolest way to control your giant mech in this game is by perching your character atop the mechs shoulder when not in battle, as it gives you a birds eye view of everything.

The last time I was in my local Gamestop, they had around 2-3 copies of this game for whatever price they're currently charging for it, but I haven't been there recently, so I'm not sure if they STILL have them.

This was one of the games I was keeping an eye on, but that fell off my radar shortly before it's release.

It's definitely a great game, made even better if you can master the expert controls for the mech. However, I was only ever able to learn the most basic controls(where you use the control sticks to swing the arms and the d-pad to move). Doing both at the same time in that mode is difficult but doable.

It definitely is a pretty great game, if you look past the few minor flaws it does have. However, for those with former DRE problems with your PS2s, it's on the dreaded BLUE disc(blue cd)format, I believe.

This game is what made me take notice of Sandlot (developers of the Earth Defence Force series of games).

[quote name='yukine']Some CAGs were discussing it in the obscure games thread, I'd love to check it out but I can't find a copy.[/quote]

i saw a video of it on xplay last year sometime and im with you i want that game pretty bad its up there on my list of hard to find games cause apparently its pretty rare.

One of my favorite games. It does a great job of making it feel like you're controlling a giant robot. I also loved the voice acting. The game is really a parody of super robot shows from the 70s. So the voice acting is supposed to be horrible. My favorite is the reporter Mika Banhara with her wicked thick Japanese accent. The game is quite long, and even has multiple endings.
You can even have your best friend commit suicide if you keep destroying her house and workplace with your robot :rofl:

Love this game!

bread's done
Back