CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Stolen from Slickdeals...YMMV but everyone seems to be saying its confirmed

Rock band for 360 and PS3 for $100, the PS2 Version is $70

GH3 ALl Versions $40.00

Hopefully this helps someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
NVM guy said last all through AUG but they only have 2 left and I wont have the cash til FRI.Hopefully they will get more in

[quote name='DaFulla']I've been told flat out that Wal-Mart does not price match. I actually got Best Buy to PM the Guitar Center price, by showing them the GC receipt. They were not happy, but couldn't wiggle out of it. Just make sure the local GC still has copies in stock.[/quote]

Do you mean Walmart won't pricematch this price or won't ever price match? If it is the latter, you've been misinformed, as Walmart is probably the easiest store to price match anything at around. I've price matched many games in the past just by bringing an ad in. Maybe your Walmart has a different policy? All of the Walmarts around me used to price match and beat the price by 10% as well, but they only price match now without the 10%.

The GC at Union Square, NYC had 4 copies of Rock Band (360) as of closing time today. They also had a couple of GH3s for PS3 and 360 (Xplorer bundle).

Las Vegas here,,,,just walked out with a PS3 bundle for $40 at the GC at Durango/Charleston. They still had 1 360 wired bundle, 7 PS3 bundles, and 2 PS2 Rockbands remaining.

[quote name='DaFulla']I've been told flat out that Wal-Mart does not price match. I actually got Best Buy to PM the Guitar Center price, by showing them the GC receipt. They were not happy, but couldn't wiggle out of it. Just make sure the local GC still has copies in stock.[/QUOTE]

Not true. Walmart will price match if you bring them a local (within 25 miles usually) competitors ad. If there is no ad, they probably won't call and do the match. On Black Friday last year, they price matched the CC $10 wii games and didn't even call to verify they were in stock. All I had to do was bring in the CC ad.

Picked up Rock Band for the 360 for 106 today after tax. Great deal, thanks op. Got it at the GC in Baltimore, MD, didn't know how many they had left cause i had em put it on hold for me.

[quote name='rifle21']Picked up Rock Band for the 360 for 106 today after tax. Great deal, thanks op. Got it at the GC in Baltimore, MD, didn't know how many they had left cause i had em put it on hold for me.[/quote]

Hmmm, my Guitar Center would not let me hold my copies. I told them I'd be there within 30min, and they refused to hold them as the items were considered clearance and were on a first come first serve basis. The lady on the phone did say she would sit the only PS2 copy behind the counter for me so no one could see it, but if someone had asked for it, she would have to give it up. I guess it is also important to mention that they told me that because the sale involved video games, they couldn't accept a return for any reason.

[quote name='sarma81']The GC at Union Square, NYC had 4 copies of Rock Band (360) as of closing time today. They also had a couple of GH3s for PS3 and 360 (Xplorer bundle).[/quote]

Is it 40 dollars there for Guitar Hero?

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Blast, how did I miss this thread? I doubt the Santa Clara store will have anymore Rock Bands at this point...[/quote]

I just saw this too. :cry:

Gonna check tomorrow and report back, if I have time.

Yah the signs said $79.99 for GH but the guy at the counter checked and confirmed that both the 360 and PS3 versions were $39.99. I saw about 4-5 copies of the 360 Xplorer bundle and 1 copy of the PS3 version. The guy also told me that this deal would be going on till the end of the month.

Evansville, IN has PS2. PS3 and 360 versions of GH3 and the same for RB but the sale was only this weekend at this store. Walmart wouldn't price match since they didn't have an AD to compare it to. They went into this whole monologue about how Walmart AD matches not price matches.

I picked up the :360: GH bundle (of many), while my brother scored the last :ps3: GH bundle. They only had 1 :360: Rockband and a few :ps2: Rockbands as well, but we already had them. From the signs, the sale was only good for 8/9-8/10.

[quote name='sarma81']Yah the signs said $79.99 for GH but the guy at the counter checked and confirmed that both the 360 and PS3 versions were $39.99. I saw about 4-5 copies of the 360 Xplorer bundle and 1 copy of the PS3 version. The guy also told me that this deal would be going on till the end of the month.[/QUOTE]

what do u mean xplorer bundle? doesnt it come with the official GH guitar and the game?

[quote name='trunks982']what do u mean xplorer bundle? doesnt it come with the official GH guitar and the game?[/quote]

There are two bundles. One with the wireless and one with the wired xplorer.

I picked this up in Colorado Springs yesterday. I got 2 360 Guitar Hero bundles for $80. I then sold one of the games to Gamestop for $10. So, two guitars and the game for $70 isn't bad. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='iggypop123']what about the GC from hollywood Cali. anyone can they let me know?[/QUOTE]

Just was over there. It looks like they had about eight of the PS3 version of GH3 and a bunch of Rock Band for the PS3, but all the signs had higher prices than $100 and $40. I believe the lowest price listed was $70 for the GH3 bundle. I didn't ask or have it scanned, so it could be the same as the other stores.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Do you mean Walmart won't pricematch this price or won't ever price match? If it is the latter, you've been misinformed, as Walmart is probably the easiest store to price match anything at around.[/quote]

Thanks for the correction, it is at only one Walmart that I've ever tried, so there may be an issue at the one location (or maybe the problem is justme ;) )

[quote name='bojay1997']Just was over there. It looks like they had about eight of the PS3 version of GH3 and a bunch of Rock Band for the PS3, but all the signs had higher prices than $100 and $40. I believe the lowest price listed was $70 for the GH3 bundle. I didn't ask or have it scanned, so it could be the same as the other stores.[/quote]

my store had the signs for the wrong price but i had an employee scan it & it came up on sale for the right price that was listed here

amazing deal I went to cities up to get rock band for 360 it was the last one left but the guitar hero sets were still $80 for 360 and $60 for ps2 ROCK BAND FOR $100

Here at SB GC there were 4 Rock Band Bundles [PS2] for $70 bucks. Sadly, I'm saving up for RockBand 2.

Thanks for the info OP.

[quote name='rcx4']Here at SB GC there were 4 Rock Band Bundles [PS2] for $70 bucks. Sadly, I'm saving up for RockBand 2.

Thanks for the info OP.[/quote]

Why wouldn't you buy the Rockband pack for $70? Then you could spend $60 on rockband 2 when it came out and your total would be $130 for both games. If you need the PS3 version, it is $30 used making your total $160 for both. By buying just the RockBand 2 bundle, you're spending $190, and only getting Rock Band 2. That's an anti-deal.

I did my first game with 3 people today. I was surprised how much fun we had with it. It is way better with three people than with two.

Thanks op...was able to pick up GH3 PS3 for 40.

For anyone still interested in Columbus, Ohio there were 2 GH3 for PS3 and 2 for 360 as of 4pm 8/11 and I am pretty sure i saw a rockband on the ground but I didn't look closely at it so you might want to call ahead.

My wife picked up a 360 Rock Band in Toledo yesterday. Still $100. She said they had some PS2 kits left.

By the way, I totally underestimated how fun this could be. Drumming is a ridiculously good time.

My friend picked up $100 xbox360 and I picked up $70 PS2 rockband (because they only had those 2 systems; I saw about 4 of each left) in Larchmont NY yesterday afternoon

I also saw a bunch of GH3's, but didn't notice any wii stuff

Anyone know the item number for
iconps3.gif
Rock Band?

I found the UPC (014633159141) but wondered if Guitar Center has their own SKU.

Last edited by a moderator:
got my copy today. at my store (boston) they had 2 :360:and about 6 :ps3: GH3s. right after i got mine, they took the sign off. guess the sale is over now.

I just came from the one in Birmingham, AL. They had a bunch of Rock Bands for the 360 for $100, and a few GH3s for the 360 (wired) for $40. No Ps3/PS2/Wii stuff.

This is so tempting, but I want to get GH: World Tour....

Stopped at the Spring Meadows Guitar Center in Toledo, OH for some guitar picks today, and the Rock Band sale prices are still in effect, "while supplies last." They had 3 PS2 bundles for $69.99 each at lunch time.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Why wouldn't you buy the Rockband pack for $70? Then you could spend $60 on rockband 2 when it came out and your total would be $130 for both games. If you need the PS3 version, it is $30 used making your total $160 for both. By buying just the RockBand 2 bundle, you're spending $190, and only getting Rock Band 2. That's an anti-deal.[/quote]

Huh, good point. [Note: I only have a PS2 and a Wii; saving up for a PS3 for next year]. My plan was to buy Rock Band 2 for the Wii, which I read that it will have downloadable songs..etc same as the XBox360 and the PS3, and also for the updated drum/guitar.

Crap, now I don't know what to do.. Get Rockband for PS2 then get RockBand2 [game only] or wait for Rockband 2 [Wii version]...

Any advice on this is much appreciated.

[quote name='rcx4']Huh, good point. [Note: I only have a PS2 and a Wii; saving up for a PS3 for next year]. My plan was to buy Rock Band 2 for the Wii, which I read that it will have downloadable songs..etc same as the XBox360 and the PS3, and also for the updated drum/guitar.

Crap, now I don't know what to do.. Get Rockband for PS2 then get RockBand2 [game only] or wait for Rockband 2 [Wii version]...

Any advice on this is much appreciated.[/quote]

Your songs (disc and download) will carry over from the previous Rock Band for the PS3 or 360; unless the Wii version is getting that back catalogue of songs, it will be inferior. If you plan upgrading to a PS3, then go for the PS2 version imho.

Grabbed a PS2 copy of the set for $70 on Sunday, then traded the game in for a PS3 version. Ended up only spending $90 total for what is retailing at $170. I'm very satisfied with my purchases :D

[quote name='FusionHype']Grabbed a PS2 copy of the set for $70 on Sunday, then traded the game in for a PS3 version. Ended up only spending $90 total for what is retailing at $170. I'm very satisfied with my purchases :D[/quote]

Crap, that's what I need to do! Either you are really smart, or I am really slow; maybe both. :lol:

So, besides the game disc being different, what is the difference between the PS2 and PS3 bundles?

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Why wouldn't you buy the Rockband pack for $70? Then you could spend $60 on rockband 2 when it came out and your total would be $130 for both games. If you need the PS3 version, it is $30 used making your total $160 for both. By buying just the RockBand 2 bundle, you're spending $190, and only getting Rock Band 2. That's an anti-deal.[/quote]

For the improved instruments and rumors that rock band 2 will allow you to download the songs from the original.

[quote name='regis100']Crap, that's what I need to do! Either you are really smart, or I am really slow; maybe both. :lol:

So, besides the game disc being different, what is the difference between the PS2 and PS3 bundles?[/quote]

The only difference is the game disc. The guitar box says "ps2/ps3 guitar" and the drum box says "ps3, compatible with ps2"

Thanks Op!

I was late to this deal party and called to check at the nearest store (hour one way...)
Deal ended yesterday, but If signs are still up, they should honor it...
Store I Just called still had the signs up, staff member said he would sell me one GH III PS3 for $40 today since I called...he was nice enough to admit the signs were still up in his store....

So get there while the gettins good, and perhaps you should Not call just in case the staff member is not as honest/nice ....

[quote name='Conroy']For the improved instruments and rumors that rock band 2 will allow you to download the songs from the original.[/quote]

It wouldn't be all of the songs, unless you own the game. The way it makes it sound is you'd be able to transfer your download content. The difference between the two would still be around $80 (if also getting Rock Band 1), which wouldn't be worth it at all. You still can't beat Rock Band for $69.99 or $99.99.

bread's done
Back