Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 1 bundle $213 shipped from Hottopic

With the improvement of instruments seems like Hot Topic just wants to unload the crap instruments with a crap deal. Rock Band 1 bundle sells for $100 at Guitar Center if you really want it even if you really don't need the ROckband 1 disc if you are getting RB2

Guitar Center sells the special edition for $100??? Is this nationwide or regional?

Either way you can also sign-up for an account and get an addition 20% off the order, which should bring it to about $183 shipped with tax (depending on your state).

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually considering I just got that 360 warranty issue ironed out, I've been looking to try out Rock Band and for this price it really isn't all that bad...

[quote name='MikeHoncho']It's not YMMV, It's been reported everywhere for $100 but it might be hard to find now[/QUOTE]

I saw three at the Sunset Blvd Guitar Center last weekend.

[quote name='crazytalkx']I saw three at the Sunset Blvd Guitar Center last weekend.[/QUOTE]
I've seen a couple as well but you never know in some areas. It's a pretty good deal if you haven't played 1 and don't want to buy 2

Yeah I picked up the last 360 copy of Rock Band for $100 at my local Guitar Center weeks ago, since I didn't want to pay a ton for plastic instruments. Now I can get the game only releases of Rock Band/Guitar Hero. :D

[quote name='Kaijufan']Yeah I picked up the last 360 copy of Rock Band for $100 at my local Guitar Center weeks ago, since I didn't want to pay a ton for plastic instruments. Now I can get the game only releases of Rock Band/Guitar Hero. :D[/QUOTE]

Except Guitar Hero World Tour doesnt let you use Rock Band drums or the guitar. :/

Attention everyone:

I have a birthday coupon for use at Hot Topic, good for $10 off an order. The chances of me using it are basically zero, so someone is welcome to have it: GHTBD91W

It expires on 10/01/08. Please post if you use it so there's no confusion.

I have no clue if this will activate for someone who "isn't me" but I figure they aren't going to check, right?

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Guitar Center sells the special edition for $100??? Is this nationwide or regional?

Either way you can also sign-up for an account and get an addition 20% off the order, which should bring it to about $183 shipped with tax (depending on your state).[/quote]

This actually isn't a bad deal. Especially considering I can unload the 2 games for $90 and get me a guitar, some new drums and a mike. All for about $100.

[quote name='Advocatus']Hey access, in your sig, what is 'sudo' ? Does the author mean pseudo?[/quote]

Lol. It's a unix/linux joke.

[quote name='mkernan']Lol. It's a unix/linux joke.[/QUOTE]

Ahh that's why I asked, I figured it wasn't just a simple misspelling.

I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger on this deal. I mean for a first time Rock Band owner, is it worth it? I mean does anyone know if there is a great difference between the instruments of 1 and 2?

I could never stand that rockband guitar. I wonder how the feel of rockband's 2 guitar will feel. I might just end up getting guitar hero for the equipment and just get rock band 2 separately.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger on this deal. I mean for a first time Rock Band owner, is it worth it? I mean does anyone know if there is a great difference between the instruments of 1 and 2?[/quote]
The only difference is that the instruments are wireless. The guitar is supposed to be 'improved', but not much has changed. Also, the drums are quieter and the foot pedal is supposed to be 'stronger'. But honestly, I don't see how anybody could actually break the foot pedal. But the difference here is price. You get all the instruments and both games for $183 shipped. That's a super deal. You can sell RB1 right away for $40, so it's down to $143. The question you have to ask is, is it really worth it to pay an extra $60 for the instrument improvements?

[quote name='Advocatus']Hey access, in your sig, what is 'sudo' ? Does the author mean pseudo?[/quote]

In Linux, there's a lot of times where you type in a command, and you get an error because you don't have the correct privileges. However, type 'sudo' in front of the command generally gives you those privileges and follows your command, which, in this case, is making a sandwich.

[quote name='mythus']I could never stand that rockband guitar. I wonder how the feel of rockband's 2 guitar will feel. I might just end up getting guitar hero for the equipment and just get rock band 2 separately.[/quote]
That's exactly what I'm doing. GH equipment > RB equipment.

so if you use the 20% discount coupon, coupled with that bday coupon, you can knock it down to 159.99 plus shipping. Any advice from anyone as to whether or not it would be worth it to bite the bullet and get either rock band two or guitar hero 4 for the "superior" instruments

Thanks

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']What birthday coupon?[/QUOTE]

I have a birthday coupon for use at Hot Topic, good for $10 off an order. The chances of me using it are basically zero, so someone is welcome to have it: GHTBD91W

It expires on 10/01/08. Please post if you use it so there's no confusion.

I have no clue if this will activate for someone who "isn't me" but I figure they aren't going to check, right?

That person posted earlier in the thread.... i looked online and its the standard coupon everyone gets so its not just a one time use thing. You have to be signed in to your account for it to work i think.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I'm not sure it's stackable, and for this deal 20% off would be 10x better than $10.[/QUOTE]

It is stackable.... i tried it. Im just debating whether or not its a good enough deal to go for.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I'm not sure it's stackable, and for this deal 20% off would be 10x better than $10.[/QUOTE]

my bad... i could have sworn the one time i did it it stacked... i guess im just too tired. Anyone with the new rock band stuff think its still worth it at 159.99 plus shipping

bread's done
Back