Rock Band 2 DLC live!

Lawyers Guns N Money

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I've been waiting for this to shell out the money for Rock Band 2. The DLC store for the Wii went live today.

Song list:
30 Seconds to Mars-The Kill

All-American Rejects-Move Along

Avenged Sevenfold-Afterlife

Black Tide-Shockwave

Blink-182-All the Small Things

Blondie-Call Me

Boston-More Than a Feeling

Boston-Rock & Roll Band

Disturbed-Inside the Fire

Fall Out Boy-This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race

Jimmy Buffett-Cheeseburger in Paradise

Lynyrd Skynyrd-Simple Man

Metallica-And Justice For All

Motley Crue-Saints of Los Angeles

Muse-Hysteria

Nine Inch Nails-The Perfect Drug

Oasis-Wonderwall

Papa Roach-Time is Running Out

Paramore-Crushcrushcrush

Red Hot Chili Peppers-Snow (( Hey Oh ))

Rush-Working Man (vault edition)

Serj Tankian-Beethoven's C***

Smashing Pumpkins-Zero

Stone Temple Pilots-Interstate Love Song

Stone Temple Pilots-Sex Type Thing

The Offspring-Hammerhead

The Police-Message in a Bottle

The Who-Baba O'Riley

Weezer-Buddy Holly

Weezer-El Scorcho

**88, The-Sons & Daughters

**Authority Zero-No Regrets

**Between the Buried & Me-Prequel to the Sequel

**Cab, The-Bounce

**Chevelles The,-Get It On

**Cocktail Slippers, The-Give it to Me

**Dealership-Database Corrupted

**Endeverafter-I Wanna Be Your Man

**Ghost Hounds-Ashes to Fire

**Hollywood Undead-Young

**Kutless-The Feeling

**Len Price 3, The-If I Ain't Got You

**Lesley Roy-I'm Gone I'm Going

**Opiate for the Masses-Burn You Down

**Semi-Precious Weapons-Magnetic Baby

**Shaimus-Like a Fool

**thenewno2-Crazy Tuesday

**Tickle Me Pink-The Time is Wrong

**Underoath-Desperate Times, Desperate Measures

**X Japan-I.V.

** denotes the 20 free songs

Link to the official forum post: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114421

Awesome! Stupendous! Now they need to start shipping more RB2 Special Editions to stores so I can actually pick the darn thing up. :p

Free songs? Nice! How does the DLC work? Do you have to manually copy songs into the internal memory as I had read early on and, if so, how many songs can you keep internally, or is that just a matter of how much free space you have? If it's a matter of free space, how much space does each song take up? Also how long does it take to copy a song from SD to internal memory? Easy/quick to do?

Does anyone out there happen to have the PS2/PS3 instruments from RB1 and the Wii RB2 game? If so could you test to see if those instruments work with Wii RB2? Actually all I really need to know about are the drums as that's the only RB instrument I have - my guitar is a GH PS2 guitar which can't work on the Wii regardless (PS2 connector.) The RB instruments are all USB and so my hope is that they will work even though, of course, the console-specific buttons might not (though they might even though funky).

[quote name='crunchewy']Free songs? Nice! How does the DLC work? Do you have to manually copy songs into the internal memory as I had read early on and, if so, how many songs can you keep internally, or is that just a matter of how much free space you have? If it's a matter of free space, how much space does each song take up? Also how long does it take to copy a song from SD to internal memory? Easy/quick to do?
[/quote]

If you have an SD card in the Wii, you are asked when you go into the game if you want to save add-on content to it. Choose Yes, and the songs are automatically transferred to it when you download them. You can then play the songs in-game, and not just in Quickplay like GH: WT. I didn't notice much lag when switching between songs in the game and the downloaded songs on the SD card.

[quote name='bralph']If you have an SD card in the Wii, you are asked when you go into the game if you want to save add-on content to it. Choose Yes, and the songs are automatically transferred to it when you download them. You can then play the songs in-game, and not just in Quickplay like GH: WT. I didn't notice much lag when switching between songs in the game and the downloaded songs on the SD card.[/quote]
You still need a bit of space on the Wii memory though, right? Neither GH or RB will let me download songs until I make more free space on my console. I think this is because the song is temporarily moved to the Wii for play, but I could be wrong on that.

[quote name='wii skiier']You still need a bit of space on the Wii memory though, right? Neither GH or RB will let me download songs until I make more free space on my console. I think this is because the song is temporarily moved to the Wii for play, but I could be wrong on that.[/quote]

I know that it initially downloads to the console, then transfers to the SD card, so yes I suppose you at least need sufficient space available on the Wii itself for that. Not sure if it moves back to the Wii during play, though that does make sense.

[Heh, between opening this thread in a tab and actually getting around to replying, bralph replied...]

It won't activate SD card mode in RB2 unless you have at least 200 blocks free (I think it's 200, could be between 200-300...haven't booted up RB2 in 2 weeks due to shoulder injury...suffered by rocking out too hard to RB2 2 weeks ago...). From what I've heard, the DLC gets dl'd to system memory first and then gets automatically moved over to the SD card.

Maybe I'll actually try it out tonight. A friend of mine tried it over the past two nights and said it works great.

EDIT: It's supposed to copy it to system memory before you play it, and delete it afterwards. Or maybe it just stays there until you request a different DLC song to play. I'll see if the DLC transfer blocks are still being taken up after exiting RB2 when I get a chance.

[quote name='eugaet']
It won't activate SD card mode in RB2 unless you have at least 200 blocks free (I think it's 200, could be between 200-300...haven't booted up RB2 in 2 weeks due to shoulder injury...suffered by rocking out too hard to RB2 2 weeks ago...). From what I've heard, the DLC gets dl'd to system memory first and then gets automatically moved over to the SD card.

Maybe I'll actually try it out tonight. A friend of mine tried it over the past two nights and said it works great.

EDIT: It's supposed to copy it to system memory before you play it, and delete it afterwards. Or maybe it just stays there until you request a different DLC song to play. I'll see if the DLC transfer blocks are still being taken up after exiting RB2 when I get a chance.[/quote]
Dammit. That's what I was afraid of. Now I have to clear 200-300 blocks... Thank you for the info, bralph and eugaet!

Rock Band 2 DLC.. Jeez.. I might have to end up picking up RB2 now lol. Harmonix and Neversoft, I'm giving into your trap of buying the game, then instruments, then DLC. Aah!

bread's done
Back