Rock band 2,drums,and track pack 49.99

[quote name='CheapAssAsian']is that site an extension of the legitimate rockband site? taht deal sounds a bit too good.[/QUOTE]

Good call on that one. No header links directing you to the main Rock Band site, no obvious connection to rockbandstore.com

Smells seriously fishy. Course, whoever is running the site could bring down a lot of shit on their heads if they're using MTV logos and copyright without permission.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Whois says the site is owned by Viacom.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/rockband49.com[/QUOTE]

Doesn't mean it actually is, it's illegal to use fake whois info, but if you're trying to steal CC numbers why not go the whole 9 yards?

I don't see any reason for them to pay for a brand new domain to advertise a sale they could've easily put on rockbandstore.com. GL to anyone that actually tries ordering.

There is a plug for rockband99 (a different bundle) on the official hmx rock band announcement forums. This looks similar. Considering the drums have been going for 27.99 on amazon for a long time, and the rb2 bundle for 99.99 has better drums, this deal doesn't look that appealing unless you need exactly these three items.

The rockband.com site links to this site from their "The 'Zine" section. Looks legit.

Personally, I can't stand the RB1 drums, and don't think that they're worth the money. The special edition of RB2 is $100, which seems like a better deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
The site i seen it link to was RockBand99.com not 49. Nevermind, it switches between the two items when you reload the page.

bread's done
Back